Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, in the cell phone video that leaked of them hanging saddamn the crowd was chanting "muqtada! muqtada!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

hell ya

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SGhasseminejad/status/998637149120417792
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/999274698423853056

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the dnd me thread is so bad lmao it's pretty much all volkerball and brownmoses handwringing

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

https://twitter.com/Axman06883241/status/998644908574498820

lmao

Encouraging Iranians to tweet out #IranRegimeChange is tantamount to having them commit treason. You'd have to be insane to do that if you actually lived in the country. These are all the old ghouls and their families who tortured people for the Shah.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
searching #ThankYouPompeo is a great way to find obvious astroturf accounts and mega brokebrains

whole lot of atheist anti-left Quran-burning pro-Israel #IranRegimeChange "Iranians" on the twitter

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I could believe it's expats and their descendents because those are scum no matter where they are from

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:thunk:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/shimnaz1/status/998664711309672448

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
A war with Iran will be bad, but if it causes america to collapse can we really be opposed to it

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
yes because it will end up killing thousands of innocent iranians you idiot

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the dnd me thread now consists mostly of volkerball posting tweets of saa soldiers looting homes in captured territory, something the brave and noble free syrian army never did!

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Thousands more will die if every year if america still exists

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
jesus you're dumb

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
putin' you down as for amerikka

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'll support whichever side makes you stop posting.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

R. Guyovich posted:

i remember when i read time magazine in middle school (lol) and they posted a picture of al-sadr in an iraq story with black cleric robes and narrowed eyebrows clearly trying to make him look evil and my only thought was "this guy appears to be rad as poo poo"
I totally remember seeing that picture around that age

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

here's the time 100 article on him for 2006, that's as far back as i could find

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1975813_1975846_1976516,00.html

edit this article is probably hilarious but i ain't readin' it

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2006940_2006944,00.html

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Darkman Fanpage posted:

He hates Iranians so this would be a good thing.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Theoretical Iranian regime change would probably not lead to a government that the United States/Salafis want. The diaspora Iranians I know are left-leaning but also extremely nationalist.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the dnd me thread now consists mostly of volkerball posting tweets of saa soldiers looting homes in captured territory, something the brave and noble free syrian army never did!

That thread's degeneracy from late 2016 into barely veiled contempt for non-Jihadist factions in the country is pretty cool.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

HorrificExistence posted:

A war with Iran will be bad, but if it causes america to collapse can we really be opposed to it

no because another capitalist hegemony will rise to replace it or we'll just go full on fascist instead of collapsing

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
*massive crowd chanting*

"WW3! WW3! WW3!"

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Frond posted:

He hates Iranians so this would be a good thing.

anyone that uses nationalistic demonyms to self-describe is already infected with a terminal type of brainthought

no chance of recovery

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

MESS WITH THE LION AND YOU GET THE CLAW

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
US 'concerned' about possible Assad operation in southwest Syria

quote:

The Trump administration late Friday voiced concerns about an "impending" operation by Bashar Assad's forces in Syria that it says will fall inside the boundaries of a U.S.-enforced de-escalation zone.

wow weird. why is the us concerned by a sovereign government conducting an operation in its own nation???

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

We have to help Israel help ISIS.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
muh proxies!!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

US 'concerned' about possible Assad operation in southwest Syria

wow weird. why is the us concerned by a sovereign government conducting an operation in its own nation???

Good tip for everyone if you start discussing this war with family pointing out Assad is the sovereign government and can ask Iran and Russia for help it doesn't go down well

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Jose posted:

Good tip for everyone if you start discussing this war with family pointing out Assad is the sovereign government and can ask Iran and Russia for help it doesn't go down well

volkerball deserves a lot of poo poo but i respect him for just out and out saying "syria has no sovereignty" that was real cool to just say outright, like that. too many people who definitely believe that tiptoe around the issue in a gross pantomime of diplomacy. nah. gently caress that nation. it looked at me funny.

i'm being serious.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The sovereignty issue isn't even that relevant, because it boils down to international rules lawyering. The important thing is that one side wants to restore the state, and the other side wants warlordism. It's like trying to lecture the Kuomintang/Communist alliance for the Northern Expedition.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Jose posted:

If you're dealing with a conservative the Russia thing seems like it'd work in your favor

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Jose posted:

‘south Vietnam is a sovereign government they can ask America for help’

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

A Typical Goon posted:

‘south Vietnam is a sovereign government they can ask America for help’

nice poo poo example guy with a lovely av

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

nice poo poo example guy with a lovely av

nice retort dude who has a slur in their av

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
never caused me a problem

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Sovereignty is a reactionary as gently caress idea that basically only works if you are a liberal idealist. Nation-states are a fictional entity dreamed up to support capital, they have no rights to hold their population. The idea that authority is bound to territory and nationality makes world revolution impossible.

Nationality (and hence national sovereignty) is a innate value judgment that cannot coexist with true democracy.

HorrificExistence has issued a correction as of 11:25 on May 27, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

99% of the people who say sovereignty doesn't matter are also Russiagaters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the sovereign right to tell the US to gently caress right off is the greatest and most precious right there is