Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

This debate is so stupid. Nazis, at least in Sweden, are completely irrelevant from a political view since they are incapable of anything but infighting. At best they serve as some kind of boogeyman for the antifa to justify their existence.

I mean, if you go around in Sweden being afraid of nazis or antifa, I would recommend seeking help from a psychiatrist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cardiac posted:

This debate is so stupid. Nazis, at least in Sweden, are completely irrelevant from a political view since they are incapable of anything but infighting. At best they serve as some kind of boogeyman for the antifa to justify their existence.

I mean, if you go around in Sweden being afraid of nazis or antifa, I would recommend seeking help from a psychiatrist.

gently caress off

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Cardiac posted:

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=6900034

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/7rx2w/nazister-doms-till-fangelse-for-bombdaden-i-goteborg

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/3r55P/sapo-nazisterna-som-hotar-sveriges-sakerhet-okar

Sure, nazis might not be a threat to the political order as it stands, but if you think they do not terrorize lefties / migrants then uhhh

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

I never said that, they are nazis and stupid.
That said, lefties and nazis terrorize each other in the same way as hooligans from different teams do.
And we have like 500 badly organized nazis in a country of 10 millions. Surely something for the common man to be afraid of, when it clearly is a police issue.

Speaking of police, apparently shootings have gone down since the new law that made criminals carrying a gun go automatically to detention instead of getting released pending trial. Turns out better laws and implementing them to take criminals of the streets actually works. Who could have known.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cardiac posted:

That said, lefties and nazis terrorize each other in the same way as hooligans from different teams do.

Hahahaha no.

Nazis/right wing extremists literally murder people, and specifically target innocent people for beatings.

Lefties beat up Nazis and right wing extremists

There is a big loving difference there.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

it's almost as if throwing punches and (literal) poo poo at peaceful protests hasn't been very effective

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

pigdog posted:

it's almost as if throwing punches and (literal) poo poo at peaceful protests hasn't been very effective

Are you going to make the claim that the nazis would not bomb refugee homes if people had allowed them to march in public, or what it is that you are implying here?

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
Please tell me more about how nazis attacking gay people walking the pride parade is intra-extremist hooligan brawling

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Retarded Goatee posted:

Are you going to make the claim that the nazis would not bomb refugee homes if people had allowed them to march in public, or what it is that you are implying here?

idk I think it totally works guys

Alhazred posted:

Vi har registrert at de som diskuterer integreringsproblemer og utenforskap stigmatiseres i den svenske debatten. Det kan bidra til at innvandringsmotstanden radikaliseres, sier Ravndal til det svenske nyhetsbyrået TT.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010

pigdog posted:

idk I think it totally works guys

Do you believe that nazis would be emboldened, or less inclined to use deadly force if people stopped beating them up for declaring genocidal views and/or attacking people?

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Retarded Goatee posted:

Do you believe that nazis would be emboldened, or less inclined to use deadly force if people stopped beating them up for declaring genocidal views and/or attacking people?

hmmm might depend on whether the antifa was only attacking those who declare genocidal views and/or attack people

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010

pigdog posted:

hmmm might depend on whether the antifa was only attacking those who declare genocidal views and/or attack people

Please tell me more about the antifa terror bombings

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
would islamic terror bombings do the trick?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

pigdog posted:

Are islamists the same as antifa?

No? Then gently caress off with your bullshit.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010

pigdog posted:

No friend, religious fundamentalism is a hard-right thing.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Retarded Goatee posted:

sounds like something antifa ought to protest

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Cardiac posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are a white CIS male not publicly opposing nazis. If I am not wrong, you are looking at this from a very privileged position and applying your personal comfortable position onto those that are harrassed and targeted by these assholes.

I can't understand how NMR aren't labeld as terrorists by the state. Apart from the annoying detail that they are not-brown and therefore can not be terrorists for reasons.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010

pigdog posted:

sounds like something antifa ought to protest

There is no foundation upon which a popular islamic movement could stand on in Sweden. On top of civil society, they would have to contend with other non-muslim expats with a very good memory of homeland oppression as well as the state security apparatus.

While you will of course find a diverse group of shitheads who believe that Rashid Musa or whoever is a Cool Guy (he's not), I suggest you study what principled antifascists around the world has done to religious institutions seeking to wield power. (hint: it's either distancing themselves from them or oppressing them)

Also as of late, it turns out SÄPO is better at busting islamic bombers than nazi ones, so you are in luck!

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
in any case, throwing punches and ... bacon at muslim rallies is the correct way to prevent terrorism yea?

clearly the reason for all the islamic terror attacks in europe is that antifa has been lazy about this sort of thing

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010

pigdog posted:

in any case, throwing punches and ... bacon at muslim rallies is the correct way to prevent terrorism yea?

clearly the reason for all the islamic terror attacks in europe is that antifa has been lazy about this sort of thing

No, but maybe incorporating religious institutions into the state, nationalizing the schools, enforcing a humanist egalitarian curriculum and providing active policies towards integration into civil society will prevent radicalization?

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
wha... are you saying antifa has no role in preventing radicalisation

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

pigdog posted:

You're dumb. Stop posting.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010

pigdog posted:

Maybe afa is wailing away at the already radicalized? :thunk:

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Retarded Goatee posted:

Maybe afa is wailing away at the already radicalized? :thunk:

Retarded Goatee posted:

Do you believe that nazis muslims would be emboldened, or less inclined to use deadly force if people stopped beating them up for declaring genocidal views and/or attacking people?

wailing is a p. good verb btw

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
Muslim =/= islamic terrorist you loving dunce.

I'd have 0 problems with anybody going on to beat the poo poo out of "Svenska al-Qaeda vänner" or anybody who claims that adulterers should be stoned or whatever. Being a Swedish muslim on its own make you neither of those hth.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
but throwing punches and poo poo at muslim rallies where you can detect any islamic terrorists (with e.g. isis flags) or their sympathisers would help deter terrorism, innit?

https://www.thelocal.dk/20160229/denmark-mosque-teaches-stoning-and-whipping

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
What muslim rallies in Scandinavia has hoisted the flag of the islamic state? A hizb-ut tahrir rally? Feel free to throw poo poo at those guys all you want.

As for the danish mosque being headed by a fascistoid shithead - this would be solved by having the religious institution incorporated into the state and having the head vetted and appointed. Incidentally, this would probably also go a long way to make sure that state finances are not actively being used to invite hardliners for seminars or whatever the gently caress has been going on in the last few years.

Nobody here is claiming that islamists are good, you are the one who equated muslims to nazis.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Retarded Goatee posted:

idk if there have been rallies under isis flag in scandinavia, but hypothetically if that were the case, would you reckon throwing punches, bacon and piss at anyone present be a good way to prevent terrorism?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

pigdog posted:

idk if there have been rallies under isis flag in scandinavia, but hypothetically if that were the case, would you reckon throwing punches, bacon and piss at anyone present be a good way to prevent terrorism?

Why don't you hypothetically go gently caress yourself with your made-up wank fantasies?

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
why are you getting owned by the guy who doesnt know the difference between islam and islamism

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I believe that the appeal in joining a systematically oppressive organization would be lessened if openly declaring your allegiance carried with it the very real risk of getting punched in the face. As with the nazis, it's not so much about stopping every individual attack (it's impossible) it's about preventing social acceptance and making membership a risk at the individual level.

I am very okay with Hitler and al-Baghdadi being punched.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Retarded Goatee posted:

I believe that the appeal in joining a systematically oppressive organization would be lessened if openly declaring your allegiance carried with it the very real risk of getting punched in the face. As with the nazis, it's not so much about stopping every individual attack (it's impossible) it's about preventing social acceptance and making membership a risk at the individual level.

tbh an organisation that promotes assaulting people for their views is oppressive and rather systematically so.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

pigdog posted:

tbh an organisation that promotes assaulting people for their views is oppressive and rather systematically so.

gently caress off, you are defending people agitating for genocide. Never mind the actual bombings and poo poo, that's enough political violence to warrant a response.

Also, antifa is not an organization.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Biomute posted:

gently caress off, you are defending people agitating for genocide. Never mind the actual bombings and poo poo, that's enough political violence to warrant a response.

Also, antifa is not an organization.

thank you for saving the world from nazism and death camps one soiled diaper at a time :anarchists:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Better to throw than sit in one all day.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010

pigdog posted:

thank you for saving the world from nazism and death camps one soiled diaper at a time :anarchists:

No, thank you, it's actually whataboutism on the internet regarding evil muslims that prevents extremists organizing :)

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
come to think of it do you have examples of people in scandinavia agitating for genocide

who aren't muslims i mean

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I loathe some parts of the autonomous left, but trying to equate them with nazis is incredibly stupid. But then again it's an easy equivalence to make as long as you're white and straight enough to never have to worry about nazis jumping you in the street.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

pigdog posted:

come to think of it do you have examples of people in scandinavia agitating for genocide

who aren't muslims i mean

I hope this helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
Actually he's just advertising his organic rope business nothing to see here.