Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I mean, we could have a discussion about how genocide is the inevitable goal and outcome of all fascist movements, but you are asking in bad faith to begin with.

I am not about to spend my time posting their garbage, why don't you look around in your Facebook feed if you need a reminder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Beeswax posted:

I hope this helps.

that's a scary white man

i'm wondering about agitating for genocide in particular tho

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Biomute posted:

I mean, we could have a discussion about how genocide is the inevitable goal and outcome of all fascist movements, but you are asking in bad faith to begin with.
that would be a very salient conversation actually

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

pigdog posted:

that's a scary white man

i'm wondering about agitating for genocide in particular tho

Christ alive, I think we're done. How daft do you have to be to see a literal nazi brandishing a noose at a rally and go "Hold up now, is this really a genocide-inciting situation? Maybe he's just after a couple of specific jews". Read up on NMR if you think that they're not advocating genocide.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I, for one, do scoff as the absolutely ridiculous idea that nazis would ever try to commit genocide, but you foolish leftist children simply cannot grasp the genius of my reasoning :smuggo:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

pigdog posted:

that would be a very salient conversation actually

OK, scratch that previous post, no attempt at parody could ever top this.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
could it be they would be happy with the undesirables simply loving off back to where they came from

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Hitler really wanted the madagascar plan all along!!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

pigdog posted:

could it be they would be happy with the undesirables simply loving off back to where they came from

lol literal nazi apologia itt

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The noose, famous symbol of transport.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Look, the nazis aren't that bad, they might just settle for massive ethnic cleansing.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Beeswax posted:

The noose, famous symbol of transport.

Into the afterlife.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
ok so it's irrelevant if they actually support or advocate for genocide, all fascism will inevitably lead to genocide anyhow so it's all the same, yea?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

NMR @ Boden posted:

Simon Lindberg vänder sig till de han kallar ”vidriga folkförrädare”. Han säger att ”vill ni skonas när folkstormen bryter loss (…) så måste ni våga hugga den främmande hand som föder er”. Han säger att NMR ska ”göra rent hus med förrädarna” och att ”så länge blodslinjen är ren så står vi enade”.

https://expo.se/2018/05/f%C3%B6lj-nazisternas-f%C3%B6rsta-maj

Pigdog: Now hold up fellas, let's not jump to conclusions

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
they sound like bad people

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
But have you considered that maybe this time the political ideology that preaches uncompromising hatred against everybody who's not racially pure enough and literally fetishizes violence as a noble and purifying force might not start genociding? :smugbert:

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Cerebral Bore posted:

literally fetishizes violence as a noble and purifying force
apparently they're not alone in that kind of thinking

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Your gimmick wasn't very entertaining to begin with, and by now it has seriously lost its novelty.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dude's been posting literal nazi apologia for a couple of pages straight at this point and still thinks he's somehow come out on top on this one lol.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If only politicians and the media cared about things like those mosques, it's not like it was an entire thing for months and months after TV2's manipulative documentary that couldn't get its basic facts right.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Pigdog: Stop posting and read Robert Paxtons book the Anatomy of Fascism. He goes into great detail on why peaceful ethnic cleansing is bullshit, and why fascism will inevitably lead to genocide and expansionist wars of aggression.

The book is available as an audiobook through Audible if you, like me, have time to listen on the way to and from work.

E:
If you don't already have an Audible account your first book is free. I can recommend the book to everyone else in this thread too because it gives a good insight into the both German and Italian fascism, their origins, rhetoric and rise to power, as well as the discrepancies between their stated goals and what they actually did and their justification for it.
It also talks about Vichy France and the Portuguese and Spanish regimes and how they differ (marginally) from full-blown fascism.

It was written in '11 though so it stops short of the new wave of fascism in the west with movements such as the Identitarians, the Alt Right and such.

Government Handjob fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 25, 2018

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Government Handjob posted:

why peaceful ethnic cleansing is bullshit
no doubt, actually this peaceful ethnic cleansing appears to be the main thing people who antifa targets are worried about

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

pigdog posted:

no doubt, actually this peaceful ethnic cleansing appears to be the main thing people who antifa targets are worried about

lol tell us more about white genocide why don't you?

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
i'd rather discuss antifa because that's much more fun

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Then loving educate yourself about the subject before coming here with your 'I'm just asking questions' apologist bullshit.

Here's a video detailing the philosophy of antifa if reading a book is too much work for you.

Watch it in its entirety and give us an hours respite from your "antifa are the real fascists" drivel.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
https://youtu.be/bgwS_FMZ3nQ

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Personally I think it's pretty weird that pigdog finds fun in outing himself as a nazi sympathizer, but to each their own I guess?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Great couple of pages thread, a slowrolling HH, very quaint.

Nazis: Literally advocating genocide
PD: 'but what about the people trying to stop them, aren't they also bad?"

Also, bonus points for the conservative, white, man being completely dismissive of Nazis presenting a problem to anyone, despite numerous posts describing and documenting the bombings, murder and general violence committed by Nazis. All we need is a filthy rich rear end in a top hat to waltz in and tell us how being poor is really just a choice, and someone from an academic family to tell us how any idiot can get a good education at a good university - then we'd basically be the danish government in here.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

i might actually look at this.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Now imagine a whole entire country full of people like that. It's the reason why drawing stick figures in a public library or transporting a printer almost gets people manhandled or killed by police, but it takes three years for them to slap a former DPP member, open genocide fan and organised nazi with fines over calls to genocide.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
in the meantime though, y'all loving know antifa is not fighting fascism or genocide.

nothing they've ever done hasn't made an iota of positive political impact.

what you have is a bunch of nerds LARPing an antifascist resistance in a decidedly non-fascist society. for the sole purpose of having fun enacting violence.

everything about antifa is about justifying their thirst for violence, but framing it in a socially acceptable setting, i.e. fighting nazis, whether real or illusional. there's no other reason than because they like violence, and like pretend to be fighting this huge threat to make it acceptable.

in sweden there happen to be actual nazis to fight. but actual nazis would gladly fight back, and that would not be fun.

so they turn their attention to anybody they can in their minds associate with nazis -- which are usually peaceful right-wingers, or centrists, anti-islam, etc -- and in their own mind tell themselves that's totes the same thing. the unifying factor is whether they can score societal brownie points by acting like violent douchebags, rather than whether their actions prevent a genocide or any of that nonsense.

alas the police has wisened up to that bs, so in most events the antifa is incapable of affecting the events by means other than the usual autistic screeching. indeed a lot of people would probably go to right wing events just to see antifa get slammed up by the police.

so what's the point of all this nonsense and acting like literal poop-throwing monkeys?

it's certainly not stopping any actual nazis.

on the other hand assaulting people for their political views is flat out wrong. excusing it with fighting genocide and fascism is a lovely excuse that nobody buys, including themselves.

what antifa is really effective at is undermining what's left of the left's moral superiority.

the more antifa act like bellends that they are, the more awareness the public receives as far as how corrupt the leftist causes may be. if you're looking at why trump was elected, and why the european countries are electing right-wing populists left and right, then antifa has a part in this. by making the left look like disgusting hypocrites and granting validity to right wing points of view.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

lol u mad bro

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nice meltdown.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

pigdog posted:

in the meantime though, y'all loving know antifa is not fighting fascism or genocide.

nothing they've ever done hasn't made an iota of positive political impact.

what you have is a bunch of nerds LARPing an antifascist resistance in a decidedly non-fascist society. for the sole purpose of having fun enacting violence.

everything about antifa is about justifying their thirst for violence, but framing it in a socially acceptable setting, i.e. fighting nazis, whether real or illusional. there's no other reason than because they like violence, and like pretend to be fighting this huge threat to make it acceptable.

in sweden there happen to be actual nazis to fight. but actual nazis would gladly fight back, and that would not be fun.

so they turn their attention to anybody they can in their minds associate with nazis -- which are usually peaceful right-wingers, or centrists, anti-islam, etc -- and in their own mind tell themselves that's totes the same thing. the unifying factor is whether they can score societal brownie points by acting like violent douchebags, rather than whether their actions prevent a genocide or any of that nonsense.

alas the police has wisened up to that bs, so in most events the antifa is incapable of affecting the events by means other than the usual autistic screeching. indeed a lot of people would probably go to right wing events just to see antifa get slammed up by the police.

so what's the point of all this nonsense and acting like literal poop-throwing monkeys?

it's certainly not stopping any actual nazis.

on the other hand assaulting people for their political views is flat out wrong. excusing it with fighting genocide and fascism is a lovely excuse that nobody buys, including themselves.

what antifa is really effective at is undermining what's left of the left's moral superiority.

the more antifa act like bellends that they are, the more awareness the public receives as far as how corrupt the leftist causes may be. if you're looking at why trump was elected, and why the european countries are electing right-wing populists left and right, then antifa has a part in this. by making the left look like disgusting hypocrites and granting validity to right wing points of view.

:stonk:

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
Press F to pay respect for all the peaceful, innocent right-wingers, anti-islam folks and centrists murdered by the bloodthirsty antifa hordes.

(I'm sure that they vastly outnumber the amount of killed by the god drat nazis)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

And since when is Estonia part of Scandinavia? You see this? *pulls down traditional garment to reveal Kalmar coat of arms* It means not welcome.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Look, the nazis aren't that bad, they might just settle for massive ethnic cleansing.

People havent taken them seriously since the 80's. It's one of the things that have the police completely blindsided and doing stuff like giving them permits to march on may 1st. (That and there are alot of right wingers in the security apparatus)

Till Rhakmat Akilov you only had nazis actually killing people over ideological disputes in Sweden (not to equate religion with ideology but atleast it's somewhere in the same ballpark).

For all the talk about AFA and the "antidemocratic left", they havent done much worse than throw a brick through a window and block you on twitter. Fucks sake i grew up in those circles, theyre all suburban white kids with dreadlocks. There's no denying SD's success emboldened alot of them either.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 25, 2018

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

pigdog posted:

Peaceful protesters

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

i watched this, it's a p. good video. obviously have quite a bit of criticisms to it, but i reckon it should continue in some other thread.

fwiw this is also a p. good video: Yes it IS Okay to Punch NAZIS (it's even in swedish)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

And since when is Estonia part of Scandinavia? You see this? *pulls down traditional garment to reveal Kalmar coat of arms* It means not welcome.
Lmao