Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

So totalbiscuit died just now I guess. I didn't love his casting or youtube videos but he seemed like a nice guy and has done a lot for the games/SC community. I didn't see a thread about it so figured I'd mention it in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

cage really is like tommy wiseau in that he doesn't seem to have even a loose grasp of how anything, anywhere works

it'd be endearing in a bumbling-spaceman way if he wasn't also ein sexmonster (une monstre de sex?)

His understanding of the physiology of pregnancy and birth in beyond is very funny

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mammoth Hydra in Diablo 3 is called Le Hydra Monstruese which is now what I always say in my own mind.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

RIP TotalBiscuit, you were a goon once. Cancer loving sucks.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Remember the golden rule of irony
Irony isn't when you tell someone to get cancer and you die of cancer!
Irony is when you tell someone to get cancer and you die from a falling iron.

actually irony is when someone tells you "i hope you die of cancer" and then you get cancer but survive and upon exiting the hopsital for the final time a falling iron kills you

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm to understand it's like rain on your wedding day.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It really felt like TB was going to miraculously live for decades more. I didn't agree with much he said but I spent countless hours watching his content when he was new on the scene. RIP.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

I'm to understand it's like rain on your wedding day.

I always thought of it as a free ride when you've already paid.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thunder claps as the androids climb the tallest building on the city outskirts. One holds up the gear of enlightenment and speaks.

"Detroit: Become Human!"

Mechanical whirs fill the air as the sleeping beast awakens to fulfill it's dark prophecy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well after almost 5 hours of Detroit

- it's really, insanely gorgeous
- actually fun to play though most early stuff is railroady
- legit delivers on branching storyline promises, the amount of variation already is pretty insane, long chapters i've done had several massive paths through them so the average playthrough is going to see like about 1/4 of the content it seems
- writing is hit or miss, the Kara storyline starts pretty eyerolly but becomes fantastic, the parts where you play as Lance Henriksen's butler turned radical revolutionary are good and the story where you play as Clancy Brown's detective bro are great, in large part because Clancy does a very good job and is in pretty much every scene so far, he's not cameo-ing it up he's got more screentime than Kara up to the point I'm at, which I'm guessing is at most about 1/3 through the game unless things ramp up a lot quicker soon
- it's really not as hammy about the race/android parallels. funnily enough it would be more accurate to draw parallels between the androids and autistic people (no, seriously)

so far it's a lot better than his others and i'm having a blast, already wanting to do a second playthrough to do things different (like make Clancy my friend)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

I would suggest never using Twitter outside of @Catsu and the Corgis one.

I use Twitter (poorly) for my writing pseudonym and pretty much only retweet writing stuff and blog posts I do so

It kinda sucks as a platform

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Palpek posted:

RIP TotalBiscuit, you were a goon once. Cancer loving sucks.

He was a really top guy and I’ll be sad not to hear him again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

the new ff14 raid has an extremely funny and original mechanic that people are very bad at. the boss reduces you down to a random single digit of HP, and in front of him are 4 buttons that add 1, 2, 3, or 4 HP to your total when you stand on it. and at multiple times through the fight the boss will say "okay make your HP divisible by 3" or "make your HP a prime number", and you can watch how many of the 23 other players get this second grade math question wrong

Lol. How is the new patch, I probably won't resub until the next one but curious anyways.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skypie posted:

I use Twitter (poorly) for my writing pseudonym and pretty much only retweet writing stuff and blog posts I do so

It kinda sucks as a platform

Imagine spending hours of each day arguing and trying to throw out a hot take to own someone for disagreeing with you on that platform.

Then imagine actually enjoying your life.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 25, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Revoking prime status from the number 1 was the greatest math crime ever committed.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/999978852838502400

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Was caves of qud also a goongame?

Yes. The dev frequently (of did, idk now) posts in the Cave of Qud thread in these forums. It's a game with, among many other things, very entertaining change logs.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I got an early copy of the design doc for Xenoblade 3

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

the new ff14 raid has an extremely funny and original mechanic that people are very bad at. the boss reduces you down to a random single digit of HP, and in front of him are 4 buttons that add 1, 2, 3, or 4 HP to your total when you stand on it. and at multiple times through the fight the boss will say "okay make your HP divisible by 3" or "make your HP a prime number", and you can watch how many of the 23 other players get this second grade math question wrong

that owns

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpjfRyywsBE

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

Imagine spending hours of each day arguing and trying to throw out a hot take to own someone for disagreeing with you on that platform.

Yes I post here

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm at the zoo and it's been cold and raining all day.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm at the zoo and it's been cold and raining all day.

What exhibit are you in

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiXfl0EIvxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl363Wh4ghU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

What exhibit are you in

A cafe right now

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Internet Kraken posted:

Mergos Wet Nurse is a genderless and sexless great one. Get your lore straight.

But obviously I'm talking about enemies/characters that are specifically designed with titillation in mind. Like the completely random nurse succubus demons in one of the Castlevanias with meticulously animated pixel breast jiggle.

I'm to understand that the Wet Nurse is not considered a Great One, while Mergo is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sexy spider ladies are so common in video games that it can't be by accident.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

In Training posted:

Lol. How is the new patch, I probably won't resub until the next one but curious anyways.

It’s good. New dungeon was good, 24 man raid is fun, new trial was neat, and the story was good. Only complaint is that they didn’t add in new side content right off the bat and they have a 3.4/3.5 patch to add in other content but whatever.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

exquisite tea posted:

Sexy spider ladies are so common in video games that it can't be by accident.

Designers are drawn to highlight the inherent sex appeal of the arachnid. Who can truly say they've never looked at a spider and felt a little twinge in their nethers, perhaps while admiring their long legs, or come-hither eyes, or functional and fashionable spinnerets. The only improvement that could be made over God's eight-legged sexpot is a pair of massive breasts, an upgrade humanity has only been able to provide in the realm of fiction ... for now.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are there any examples in fiction in which a spider thing is presented as male?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Are there any examples in fiction in which a spider thing is presented as male?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Designers are drawn to highlight the inherent sex appeal of the arachnid. Who can truly say they've never looked at a spider and felt a little twinge in their nethers, perhaps while admiring their long legs, or come-hither eyes, or functional and fashionable spinnerets. The only improvement that could be made over God's eight-legged sexpot is a pair of massive breasts, an upgrade humanity has only been able to provide in the realm of fiction ... for now.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Real hurthling! posted:

His understanding of the physiology of pregnancy and birth in beyond is very funny

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but can you elaborate?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Full term babies depicted as upright in womb instead of head down
No idea that afterbirth exists or its danger to the mother
Stuff like that. Also im pretty sure a homeless lady can give birth in an american hospital and not have to give the baby for adoption like he insists but idk

Looke posted:

He was a really top guy and I’ll be sad not to hear him again

Wasnt he like gamer gater prime?

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 14:31 on May 25, 2018

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Wasnt he like gamer gater prime?

Adam Baldwin (of Firefly and Chuck fame) coined the term in the first place so I think that makes him prime

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

In a more innocent time Gamer Gator could have been a kickin' rad mascot for video game safety.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Alligators are cold-blooded ambush predators and not great safety advocates

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Hey kids, you know what's cool, is hanging out in swamps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Hey kids, you know what's cool, is hanging out in swamps

*all video game developers nod their heads in unison*

• Locked thread