Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MrUnderbridge posted:

So no word on Tomi getting doused with a glass of water and cursed out at a restaurant?

Thought the RWM would be all over that biz.

Nah, Twitter is though.

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/999286427044274177
https://twitter.com/bessbell/status/999337007812820992
https://twitter.com/jefftiedrich/status/999317694330568705
https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/999305091298426880
https://twitter.com/CalebSynan/status/999336898345631744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

Something pretty hilarious I heard on Fox News Radio today, in North Carolina there's been a large spike in gun thefts from vehicles. Gun thieves have been specifically targeting vehicles with NRA or pro-gun stickers an breaking into them.

http://www.cbs17.com/news/north-carolina-news/thieves-scouting-for-nra-decals-in-nc-car-thefts/1196139767

lol it's huntersville which is primarily chuds who moved there from the northeast and were shocked at all the black people in charlotte proper but didn't have the money to live on lake norman

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol it's huntersville which is primarily chuds who moved there from the northeast and were shocked at all the black people in charlotte proper but didn't have the money to live on lake norman

you.......... you know your lovely NC towns.........

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

landgrabber posted:

well if it happened in like gastonia or monroe i'd be like yeah what a buncha dumb rednecks

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

The Muppets On PCP posted:

well if it happened in like gastonia or monroe i'd be like yeah what a buncha dumb rednecks

as a teen that grew up online i've never heard these towns i live near mentioned online ever so i fet unjustly excited when it happens.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
he's the nc whisperer

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Something pretty hilarious I heard on Fox News Radio today, in North Carolina there's been a large spike in gun thefts from vehicles. Gun thieves have been specifically targeting vehicles with NRA or pro-gun stickers an breaking into them.

http://www.cbs17.com/news/north-carolina-news/thieves-scouting-for-nra-decals-in-nc-car-thefts/1196139767

Some non whites are going to be incorrectly blamed/killed before they find out it was their fellow lovely YTs trying to get money for their meth fix.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

tote up a bags posted:

drat I guess this guy was with Tomi

I'm always on board with viral spiral getting his rear end banned, don't get me wrong, but this was a pretty non sequitur topic for him to finally cross the line on

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

landgrabber posted:

Pineville says, "Hey!"

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Dr. Faustus posted:

Pineville says, "Hey!"

pineville is basic bitch poo poo. ever been tempered by granite falls? or burnsville?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/blunty_king/status/999664749389537280

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Nothing he says is technically wrong. But the NFL is still poo poo, and deserves to be raked over the coals for this, especially given that it's pretty clearly a craven attempt to curry favor with the cheeto emperor.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Hopefully the NFL thing results in whole teams staying in the locker room all the time.

Random thought: I don't know if sunlight is really the disinfectant, it's been a double-edged sword with Spencer, but Peterson's newfound attention from the mainstream press and the NYT interview in particular appear to have been overwhelmingly bad for his reputation. Not so much from driving his fans away, but from earning a lot of new detractors that hadn't paid much attention to him before.

Maybe that's for the better. A lot of the right-wing Internet media ecosystem thrives from being mostly unknown outside of their fans and a handful of blogs.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 06:24 on May 25, 2018

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
gently caress the NFL. This is the beginning of the end for them if the NFLPA doesn't get this tossed out.

A bright spot in this bullshit though: NFL Team Owner Says He'll Cover Any Fines if Players Don't Stand for National Anthem

quote:

New York Jets co-owner Christopher Johnson told Newsday on Wednesday that fines related to national anthem protests “will be borne by the organization, by me, not the players.”

Johnson said that he prefers that players stand during the national anthem, but he will not punish players who decide to protest. “I never want to put restrictions on the speech of our players,” he said. “There are some big, complicated issues that we’re all struggling with, and our players are on the front lines. I don’t want to come down on them like a ton of bricks, and I won’t. There will be no club fines or suspensions or any sort of repercussions. If the team gets fined, that’s just something I’ll have to bear.”

This is a good dude.

quote:

... President Trump praised the NFL for its new national anthempolicy during an interview that aired on “Fox & Friends” on Thursday, and suggested that players who refuse to stand should perhaps leave the country. “You have to stand proudly for the national anthem or you shouldn’t be playing. You shouldn’t be there. Maybe you shouldn’t be in the country,” Trump said.

Maybe your rear end should gtfo yourself you treasonous orange fuckbag. I hope he has a stroke and dies alone in the most excruciatingly painful way.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The funny thing was that the anthem protests weren't going to be an issue this year. There were dwindling numbers of players doing it, as most realized it got co-opted for various things, then the NFL owners decided "well hold on..." and brought the whole issue back where now everyone is talking about it. The damage had been done, and it was time to move on. Now they keep shooting themselves in the dick over it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Twelve by Pies posted:

I regret joining the American Numismatic Association and putting stickers all over my car bragging about my propensity to collect valuable, easy to pawn treasures.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

landgrabber posted:

in north carolina and own a car that has an nra decal i cannot remove (it was a family member's)

What? Assuming it's melded onto your car like you say, can't you just cover it up or put, like, a Ghostbusters slash over it?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

BiggerBoat posted:

What? Assuming it's melded onto your car like you say, can't you just cover it up or put, like, a Ghostbusters slash over it?

The Ghostbusters sticker will also help ward off the spirits of dead children drawn to the original

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Dr. Faustus posted:

Pineville says, "Hey!"

Pineville's biggest claim to fame that I've seen: having a subpar omelette named after it in a subpar Charlotte hotel restaurant.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

There is a potential right wing freak out coming today.

Ireland is voting to repeal the 8th which bans abortion. It is likely it will be repealed if polling is accurate.

It would allow abortions up until 12 weeks of birth so it is not completely unrestricted but going from a complete ban to 12 weeks is a start.

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 25, 2018

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The president saying the NFL thing is a victory will be what the players use to sue and over turn

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

seiferguy posted:

The funny thing was that the anthem protests weren't going to be an issue this year. There were dwindling numbers of players doing it, as most realized it got co-opted for various things, then the NFL owners decided "well hold on..." and brought the whole issue back where now everyone is talking about it. The damage had been done, and it was time to move on. Now they keep shooting themselves in the dick over it.

I'm hoping all the increased attention on this since they keep bringing it up just leads to a piece of evidence being uncovered that Kaep can win his collusion case on.

It's like, incredibly loving obvious at this point the collusion exists, but it's a hard thing to find evidence for.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm curious if there is a provision within the NFLPA collective bargaining agreement that will allow them to opt out of the CBA.

This whole affair is just basically forced patriotism at this point. I feel like it cheapens and diminishes the patriotism when you're being forced to stand for the Anthem. Not only that, you're taking away the player's right to protest peacefully.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

The biggest argument I've heard in the wild thus far has been that it's not a free speech issue because players are in uniform and working which means they have to follow the rules. I'm not sure what the legality of that actually is one way or the other.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Unless they can prove the government was involved in the decision, free speech doesn't really come into it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Minenfeld! posted:

The biggest argument I've heard in the wild thus far has been that it's not a free speech issue because players are in uniform and working which means they have to follow the rules. I'm not sure what the legality of that actually is one way or the other.

the NFL totally can legally clamp down on kneeling. i mean they clamped down on endzone celebrations too

the problem is it's a super bad look for them to punish players for extremely mild political protests that make old white people incredibly butthurt

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

boner confessor posted:

the problem is it's a super bad look for them to punish players for extremely mild political protests that make old white people incredibly butthurt

That's the thing I don't get. They're deliberately alienating viewers in order to curry favor with the ones who'd already spent a year bitching and hadn't already left.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Limbaugh's sub (MAN Rush takes a lot of vacation days. So much for hard work) explained to us that the trace levels of narcotics scientists are finding in fish are because of junkies pooping heroin turds into the street.

*Citation needed*

Gonna go out on a limb and hazard a guess that it has more to do with people flushing prescription meds down the toilet. Then again, I guess people hooked on OXY don't routinely dispose of it so who knows. Just...what a weird tangent to go off on. It came out of nowhere.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Keeshhound posted:

That's the thing I don't get. They're deliberately alienating viewers in order to curry favor with the ones who'd already spent a year bitching and hadn't already left.

Marvel Comics (of which the head is a super Trump guy) specifically cites SJWs as a reason that their comics are doing bad despite in every other medium they aren't really involved as much with their properties doing insanely well. Rich Trumpy assholes always look for the easy way to blame people they ideologically oppose for their bad numbers despite business decisions being the more likely reason.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 25, 2018

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BiggerBoat posted:

Gonna go out on a limb and hazard a guess that it has more to do with people flushing prescription meds down the toilet. Then again, I guess people hooked on OXY don't routinely dispose of it so who knows. Just...what a weird tangent to go off on. It came out of nowhere.

that and not all medicines or substances are metabolized. your piss contains traces of whatever it is you take. iirc this is a problem with antidepressants as well, there's so many people taking SSRIs that it just ends up in the waste stream and eventually, the ocean. you can basically piss test entire cities at once

https://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2008-02/your-sewer-drugs

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

boner confessor posted:

that and not all medicines or substances are metabolized. your piss contains traces of whatever it is you take. iirc this is a problem with antidepressants as well, there's so many people taking SSRIs that it just ends up in the waste stream and eventually, the ocean. you can basically piss test entire cities at once

https://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2008-02/your-sewer-drugs

Well...less depressed fish I guess. Probably helps with the pain from the fish hook too.

Any word yet on how the NK summit is:

a. A :masterstroke: by Trump and Art fo the Deal brilliance
b. The Democrat's fault
c. Media's fault
d. NK /"little Rocket Man" fault
e. A witch hunt
f. Fake news
g. We had the summit. It was the best summit ever. Everyone thought so. Yuge attendance. NOBEL!
f. Cofeve

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

BiggerBoat posted:

Well...less depressed fish I guess. Probably helps with the pain from the fish hook too.

Any word yet on how the NK summit is:

a. A :masterstroke: by Trump and Art fo the Deal brilliance
b. The Democrat's fault
c. Media's fault
d. NK /"little Rocket Man" fault
e. A witch hunt
f. Fake news
g. We had the summit. It was the best summit ever. Everyone thought so. Yuge attendance. NOBEL!
f. Cofeve

Freep's is going with mostly a, and hint of d. Can never be sure if they're just off message, though.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

BiggerBoat posted:

Limbaugh's sub (MAN Rush takes a lot of vacation days. So much for hard work) explained to us that the trace levels of narcotics scientists are finding in fish are because of junkies pooping heroin turds into the street.

*Citation needed*

To be fair, Rush Limbaugh is an expert on Opioid abuse, so maybe his sub was able to tap on him as a resource.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Reminder, Kaepernick has kneeling for weeks or months before domeone asked him what the gently caress he was doing so the rage only started when the wingnut machine told regrssives to get angry.

Keeshhound posted:

Unless they can prove the government was involved in the decision, free speech doesn't really come into it.

I'm not a laywer but Donnie birdshitting that people that knee should be fired and other stuff seem like some soft examples of evidence.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

PhazonLink posted:

I'm not a laywer but Donnie birdshitting that people that knee should be fired and other stuff seem like some soft examples of evidence.

I actually did read in passing about some sports illustrated interview where one of the people involved in the decision apparently said outright "we did it so the president would stop complaining and wrecking our ratings."

I didn't want to mention it before because I can't find the actual interview, hence the proof comment.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Again not a lawyer myself, but other court ruling on other decisions have literally used his birdshits to rule against stuff.

The mooslem ban is a mooslem ban because Donnie has literally said so. So again this is a case of big whigs being giant piss babies that their profit has a slight small growth rate or a slight drop and scapoating.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

PhazonLink posted:

Again not a lawyer myself, but other court ruling on other decisions have literally used his birdshits to rule against stuff.

The mooslem ban is a mooslem ban because Donnie has literally said so. So again this is a case of big whigs being giant piss babies that their profit has a slight small growth rate or a slight drop and scapoating.

That's a little different, though; it worked in the Muslim ban because that was using Donnie's tweets to show that he had Animus towards a group and then used his position to create policy to enforce that animus.

This would be showing that Donnie had animus, and then someone else attempted to satisfy that animus through their own independent policy because Donnie is the president.

Edit: found the interview.

quote:

Donald Trump did come up. “Oh yeah,” Packers president Mark Murphy said, laughing, when I asked him. “It was more how [Trump] might react, anticipating that. Also, how the fans will react, how the media will react. That’s what we tried to think through. … No matter what we did, [Trump] would probably try to get involved one way or the other—either criticizing us or taking credit for the change.”

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 25, 2018

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder, Kaepernick has kneeling for weeks or months before domeone asked him what the gently caress he was doing so the rage only started when the wingnut machine told regrssives to get angry.

Not really, it got picked up in football circles very quickly. It didn't hit the major media until it gestated for a few weeks, in that time he went from sitting on the bench to kneeling on the sideline, and THAT was when it got really visible and became a major story. He started sitting in August during the preseason and it was noticed almost immediately.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

So I was digging around for that Jordan Peterson article in the NYT and stumbled onto his own site where he rebukes it: https://jordanbpeterson.com/media/on-the-new-york-times-and-enforced-monogamy/

This poo poo is seriously so incredibly cowardly and lazy. He's effectively not saying anything fundamentally different from what he's saying in the NYT article but by shifting around some of the definitions he's sitting back and :smug:ing out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rex-Goliath posted:

He's effectively not saying anything fundamentally different from what he's saying in the NYT article but by shifting around some of the definitions he's sitting back and :smug:ing out

I've only heard/read a few things from him but I get the impression that that's his entire schtick.