Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

Hawks is literally another Zoo character but more humanoid.

Also yay, Eri gets to stick around! I don't know why her grandfather is even an option considering he's a loving criminal who was running the Yakuza (even if they weren't as evil under him) before Overhaul put his lights out.

probably because he has no criminal record or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Is this the Endeavor redemption arc

I have faith in Horikoshi but I do hope this isn't gonna be assclass 2.0

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm glad that Ragdoll has bounced back so well.

Also Horikoshi please have Eri and Kota become friends and have an adorable Deku fanclub.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

blizzardvizard posted:

It's gonna be since WSJ really seems to have a thing about forgiving abusive parents.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad we're having this nice little chapter, and but at the end what did you all think of Endeavor's outfit? I may just be viewing it wrong, but it looks like he's mimicking All Might's style? Should be interesting to see if he takes those words to heart.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aw, seeing the Pussycats again made me really happy, especially good timing with the anime.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the focus on hawk in connection with tokoyami makes me hope he might get a little more exposure in whatever's coming up

also like everyone else i thought eri being kept at UA was already a done deal, there's been mention in previous chapters of aizawa becoming her guardian

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
drat! Endeavor Looking like a Boss! Slay, King!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

blizzardvizard posted:

I don't think it's the redemption arc of "The bad things I have done don't matter anymore." It's more "The world needs heroes to step up and protect it now that All-Might is gone. I can't be the person I was." And as much as he was a poo poo in his home life, Endeavor has never been a bad 'Hero' now it is an application of that drive he previously used to try to catch All-Might, to try to... fill the void?

He recognised he couldn't bring peace the way he was. And more selfishly, having 'Achieved No.1' he has to fill that. And 'Maintaining No.1' isn't exactly it.

Who knows, maybe they'll have Todoroki completely forgive him and he gets back with his wife and we completely ignore all the terrible things that happened. But I feel it's more about fleshing out Endeavor, and less about making him all hunky dory about everything. And you can dislike that, but it would be pretty poor writing to leave the now No.1 Hero as a flat bad dad.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Endeavor has shoulder armor now, he's really moving up in the world if WoW is to be believed

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm fine with an Endeavor redemption that is "I need to step up and be a better hero and role model since I'm suddenly realizing being #1 isn't about my personal glory it's about society. That's doesn't exonerate my absolutely trash home life and abuse I inflicted on my wife and children which can't really be forgiven without a Herculean amount of effort put into sincere remorse and rebuilding those relationships if that's even possible." but not a "Endeavor learned how not to be a jerk so now his unrelated sins are lazily forgiven."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
guess we know who voted for deku's shoe

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I think the past is going to burn his rear end. While it's still speculation, my take is that this is going to setup a Dabi vs Endeavor & Todoroki arc. The loss of one or a few top heroes while the whole institution is in flux would be a huge win for the Villain Alliance. I just wonder if Firedad will be crippled or dead at the conclusion.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Onmi posted:

I don't think it's the redemption arc of "The bad things I have done don't matter anymore." It's more "The world needs heroes to step up and protect it now that All-Might is gone. I can't be the person I was." And as much as he was a poo poo in his home life, Endeavor has never been a bad 'Hero' now it is an application of that drive he previously used to try to catch All-Might, to try to... fill the void?

He recognised he couldn't bring peace the way he was. And more selfishly, having 'Achieved No.1' he has to fill that. And 'Maintaining No.1' isn't exactly it.

Who knows, maybe they'll have Todoroki completely forgive him and he gets back with his wife and we completely ignore all the terrible things that happened. But I feel it's more about fleshing out Endeavor, and less about making him all hunky dory about everything. And you can dislike that, but it would be pretty poor writing to leave the now No.1 Hero as a flat bad dad.

Yeah I would be fine with a fleshing out of his character, and I'd be fine if Todoroki ends up forgiving him too, I'm not insisting on him retaining his rear end in a top hat dad status quo. And maybe this arc isn't gonna touch on his domestic abuse yet, and instead is going to focus on Endeavor's personal struggle of what it means to be a hero first, and that's fine. Just that I want the subject matter to be treated properly at some point and not swept under the rug like AssClass ended up doing. Like I said, I do have faith in Horikoshi's writing chops, I was just kinda making an off-hand remark.

Radish posted:

I'm fine with an Endeavor redemption that is "I need to step up and be a better hero and role model since I'm suddenly realizing being #1 isn't about my personal glory it's about society. That's doesn't exonerate my absolutely trash home life and abuse I inflicted on my wife and children which can't really be forgiven without a Herculean amount of effort put into sincere remorse and rebuilding those relationships if that's even possible." but not a "Endeavor learned how not to be a jerk so now his unrelated sins are lazily forgiven."

This, basically

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 25, 2018

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's heartwarming to see Ragdoll still chipper after losing her Quirk

Same goes for Fallout Boy

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also we need to learn more about Lone Wolf Rabbit Hero.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Countblanc posted:

guess we know who voted for deku's shoe

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I like that AfO is made more horrifying and intimidating by drawing him in a more realistic style. It's a nice counterpoint to All Might's western comic style. I really hope the anime gets it right.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Radish posted:

Agreed. We also need to learn more about the Washing Hero, Wash.

Also, :lol: the media is shipping Kamui Woods and Mt. Lady.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rhonne posted:

"No comment"

ARE THEY??

I'm kinda hoping that Wash got in the top 10 just because he's in some dumbass commercial which hit all the lowest common denominator notes and got popular.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
All the wild wild pussycats are the best :allears:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

Hell,

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Radish posted:

"No comment"

ARE THEY??

I'm kinda hoping that Wash got in the top 10 just because he's in some dumbass commercial which hit all the lowest common denominator notes and got popular.

The media everytime they see those two working together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulteZYyWAA8

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
"No comment"

HMM, that sounds EXACTLY like what someone having a secret affair would say!!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

God that baby is so cute

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I thought Eri's parents got rewound into nothing. Do people just not know that, was the previous hint wrong, or are they being very "we took them to the farm" in order to tip toe around the fact that she inadvertently killed her parents to avoid the unpleasantness of that.

She is pretty adorable.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 25, 2018

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Pretty sure they don't know that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Radish posted:

"No comment"

ARE THEY??

The Meme Hero, Wash.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Viridiant posted:

Also Horikoshi please have Eri and Kota become friends and have an adorable Deku fanclub.

Yes, please, some interaction between those two is the only thing I was missing in this chapter :unsmith:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Radish posted:

I thought Eri's parents got rewound into nothing. Do people just not know that, was the previous hint wrong, or are they being very "we took them to the farm" in order to tip toe around the fact that she inadvertently killed her parents to avoid the unpleasantness of that.

She is pretty adorable.

Her dad was turned into nothing.

Her mom then left her with her father (Eri's grandfather), the yakuza boss.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ok thanks for reminding me.

Children must be loving terrifying in MHA world. Who knows if they will randomly gain some power that just ganks their parents with no warning (two case of characters so far have done this).

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
This chapter almost makes me feel like Horikoshi was watching the anime and realized he forgot to let everyone know Ragdoll was okay.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Radish posted:

Ok thanks for reminding me.

Children must be loving terrifying in MHA world. Who knows if they will randomly gain some power that just ganks their parents with no warning (two case of characters so far have done this).

I mean, a similar thing is brought up in the arc where Bakugou and Todoroki take their lessons.

Less so on the random part (e.g. mutations like Eri) but more like, as people keep poppin' out kids with quirks, they might eventually reach a point where it'll be incredibly difficult to rein children in.

Hell, look at Bakugou and Todoroki. Todoroki's an example of Endeavor intending to create a hero to surpass himself and All Might. While Bakugou was born to parents who didn't have powerful quirks individually, but the combination of their quirks gave Bakugou explosive powers.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I'm so glad Ragdoll is no longer depressed!

I have faith in Horikoshi and I'm sure he can pull off an Endeavor redemption arc.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Shere posted:

This chapter almost makes me feel like Horikoshi was watching the anime and realized he forgot to let everyone know Ragdoll was okay.

He did, she was shown being consolidated by the rest of her team. She hasn't really recovered more than that I would assume; they've basically given her an honorary position at this point to help her deal emotionally with having part of her self ripped out since they are great friends.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yeah, I meant like "okay" in the general sense like Mirio. I know the last time we saw her she was in a hospital with the rest of the team (though not in the anime yet).

Maybe she and Mirio can be friends in quirk loss.

I'm also thinking Deku needs to get in early on an endorsement deal with Deku's Shoe Co.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 25, 2018

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't why, but I really like the panel of Tokoyami sneezing.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
Bird boy sneezed and it was good.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Ragdoll's thousand yard stare look still weirds me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Radish posted:

I'm worried she'll be the next hero the League of Villains takes down since she's all "teams are for the weak" and they're becoming a well organized team. I hope I'm wrong since she's only appeared in one panel and I already love her.

I also hope she interacts with Deku at some point since he also as a bit of a bunny theme to going.