Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
You like money, bitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Scott saying, in a quick almost off-the-cuff comment that he would like to work with the boys in his producer role felt almost too real to be a bit. They got pretty quiet and didn't roast him further. :thunk:

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Help Im Alive posted:

I enjoyed his person who watches SNL laugh in the pro version this week

also Hayes' insane scream, holy poo poo

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

There's a 100% chance that the Wedding Crashers sketch actually happens this weekend right

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/scharpling/status/997611018519007232

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

https://twitter.com/scharpling/status/997613459654299649

drat Tom is savage

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Further proof:

https://twitter.com/scharpling/status/994848274346627074

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Going back and listening to Reality Show Show for the first time since I was all-in on HH.

It's so strange to hear the boys so much less cynical and more optimistic. They're not burnt out at all and it's really throwing me.

...but also it's basically just HH but talking about some real fake nonsense instead of their usual fake fake nonsense. The first time I tried to listen I was so thrown by not knowing anything about reality shows.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I wish the boys would talk about reality shows more often. That Steve austin show they mentioned on CBB sounded incredible.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I love RSS, but that was back when they were actually getting almost zero listeners instead of just pretending to have almost zero listeners. On top of no one listening, Hayes would have to prepare clips and plan interview segments outside of the show. There is a moment around episode twenty-ish of RSS where they start fully embracing their characters and realize that they don't need the clips anymore for the show to work.

I do miss the structure, but they probably would have quit doing the show at some point if they had to do the same level of prep/planning for the 5+ years they've been at Earwolf. They took at least two breaks from RSS, and it only lasted 39 episodes.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Action Boyz is so funny and highly recommend if yuh want another patreon podcast.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Caught up on the Carlin episode of HH and lost it when Sean mentions how terrible his writing credits are during the ad read

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
The boys' self-owning in today's HH was so good.

"it's just me and another, like, sort of clever white guy, kind of like cackling at each other's half-shots at things that are more popular than we are. Like, that's the whole loving thing."

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Sean’s explanation is exactly what I love about the boys.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The concert fights part of Hollywood this week was incredible

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The concert fights part of Hollywood this week was incredible

The best possible ending to any Handbook ep is apparently Sean telling a true life story while struggling to stay in character (See also: "Perfect." story with Drew Tarver at the gym.)

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

soggybagel posted:

Action Boyz is so funny and highly recommend if yuh want another patreon podcast.

Absolutely this, I just signed up a few weeks ago and I'm crushing eps left and right. I wish I had time to watch the movies I haven't seen, but when they do one I grew up with (Van Damme movies, Best of the Best) it's my favorite podcast.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The demolition man that had guests Wiger and Mitchell was the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time. They’ve got great chemistry and Rodgers is really good at impressions.

Coraggio

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I liked their garbus show eps a lot but I havent checked out the "premium pod"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
This weeks Raised by TV sounds like three boys tripping over themselves to explain wrestling to a girl that’s been forced to hang out with them because their parents are friends.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Sean and Bang Rodgman are on High and Mighty today: https://headgum.com/high-and-mighty/156-bosch-with-sean-clements-and-ben-rodgers

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

lol this episode is sponsored by that luggage company Sean got mad at

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Drunkboxer posted:

This weeks Raised by TV sounds like three boys tripping over themselves to explain wrestling to a girl that’s been forced to hang out with them because their parents are friends.

Well get ready for the gender flipped version next week when three women try to explain Oprah to Gabrus and you get 40 minutes of pure "She is the greatest" cult of personality.

It does end with a genuinely great listener call-in segment though.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Does he bring it up?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Man I thought this was just gonna be 60 minutes about Sean's dog.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

REM should sound less like Tool and more like The Bends by Radiohead!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Help Im Alive posted:

From a different perspective, maybe they...were the mad ones

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Teenage Fansub posted:

REM should sound less like Tool and more like The Bends by Radiohead!

The second, and last, album by the band Radiohead. Nobody tell me otherwise.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

Man I thought this was just gonna be 60 minutes about Sean's dog.

A solid chunk of it is

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

They talk about their dogs for like 10 minutes, then make fun of WTF for 5 minutes, then realize they spent 10 minutes talking about their dogs before making fun of WTF

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This week's how did this get made sucks. The guests suck, Paul is worse than normal and Jason is Jason.

I like some of the episodes, but this one I tapped out about 15 minutes in. If anyone listens to the full thing and I miss something incredible please let me know.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Malcolm Excellent posted:

This week's how did this get made sucks. The guests suck, Paul is worse than normal and Jason is Jason.

I like some of the episodes, but this one I tapped out about 15 minutes in. If anyone listens to the full thing and I miss something incredible please let me know.

You did miss Paul saying "Hitler was a good guy"

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

There was another episode in the last year or so (Sleepwalkers, maybe?) where Paul stumbled into making a defense of Hitler.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Yeah the show has a lot of problems as I've outlined in the past but I do respect their views on Hitler.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
That episode where Patton Oswald brought on the director of that disastrous Punisher 2 movie was real compelling, but the show is nearly always real disappointing. Regardless of how funny the guests are on their own merits, their still just chiming in on a whiny play by play of some pretty boring movies. And in the odd case when they talk about something special like Miami Connection or Hell Comes to Frogtown, it's way more rewarding to just spend that time watching the weird fuckin' movie than listening to some dudes say the things that happened in it with incredulity

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uxy9Izj6tc

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Peccadillo posted:

That episode where Patton Oswald brought on the director of that disastrous Punisher 2 movie was real compelling,

punisher war zone is a masterpiece.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
The Jay Leno Bugs Bunny podcast on this week's teachers lounge was great.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Speaking of Sean's real life stories, I've been listening to The Reality Show Show and just got to the ep where he tells the story about his high school teacher's wife jerking him off at The Louvre :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Speaking of Sean's real life stories, I've been listening to The Reality Show Show and just got to the ep where he tells the story about his high school teacher's wife jerking him off at The Louvre :magical:

“in front of the Mona Lisa” made me laugh.