Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.theknightshift.com/2015/06/bitter-blood-thirty-years-later.html

leads off with two murdered children, if you'd rather not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Kanine posted:

i already hated pigs before i started reading this thread but this thread has definitely strengthened my resolve in hating pigs
pigs are smart and cute farm animals, very big and strong. hth

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

God. drat.

That is the weirdest and strangest loving story. That whole “says they’re secretly CIA/mobbed up” has popped up before I think. I seem to remember a long form about a woman who moved around a lot as a kid, had an epiphany that her stepdad’s entire history and having to be on the run from the mob or something was nothing but whole-cloth bullshit.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

PetraCore posted:

Their hearts are precious.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

This is a fantastic story..but the writing makes me want to punch a wall. I've actually read it before and I was just as confused this time around. The author is really bad about names and family relation and then just throwing the whole mix at a wall and hoping the reader picks up the pieces.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
This is a better article about the case: http://www.greensboro.com/news/crim...93729c4a3c.html

Sorry, survey in lieu of paywall.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Basebf555 posted:

A former friend of mine once got mad at me because we were just hanging out drinking some beers and somehow this topic came up(not seriously, we probably saw something on t.v. that got the conversation started). I jokingly said something like "don't count me in on any murder cover-up plans, I'll turn your rear end in and won't think twice about it"

Well he did not like that at all, it was like I'd preemptively betrayed him, or like hey a true friend would help another friend no matter what, even cover up a crime. It gradually turned to a legit argument and I ended up having to very seriously and clearly state "if a friend of mine killed someone that would be the end of the friendship and I'd turn them in immediately." , and our friendship was never really the same after that, now I never see him at all.

There are two old jokes about this:

A good friend will help you move. A great friend will help you move bodies.

They say a good friend is one who will come down to the jail and bail you out at 4am. Bullshit, if they were such a good friend they'd be right in there with you, saying "man, she did *not* look like a cop."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm gonna say if someone shows up on your doorstep with a body asking you to help them, you'd best help them. Call the cops later if you want, but that is not the right time to have someone make a snap decision about whether two bodies would be exponentially worse for their situation or not.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
The Jennifer Cave murder at UT Austin is my favorite example of a baffling assist (and snappy line!)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jennifer_Cave

Pitokyak was a party kid and recent UT dropout, called Cave to hang out in his apartment in West Campus late one night, shot her for no apparent reason, then called a mutual woman friend to get rid of the body.

Among the damning evidence, he turned up at the nearest Ace Hardware (exact same one I used to go to when I lived in Austin) absolutely the minute they opened and bought a ton of stuff include a hacksaw and industrial trash bags.

He and the friend dismembered the body and but then just left it in the bathtub in his apartment, then fled to Mexico. They were caught pretty quickly and extradited. Cops asked the woman why on earth she was cool showing up in the dead of night to dispose of the body of a mutual friend, and she replied "that's just how I roll."

Pitonyak got 55 years for murder, and his friend Laura Hall got 5 for hindering apprehension and tampering with evidence. So that's a hard five years for "keeping it real."

TapTheForwardAssist has a new favorite as of 06:22 on May 25, 2018

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

He and the friend dismembered the body and but then just left it in the bathtub in his apartment, then fled to Mexico. They were caught pretty quickly and extradited. Cops asked the woman why on earth she was cool showing up in the dead of night to dispose of the body of a mutual friend, and she replied "that's just how I roll."

I kinda want Laura to be my friend.

Edit: I sure as poo poo don't want her to be my enemy.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Laura was apparently Pitonyak's ex-girlfriend. I'm morbidly curious what kind of calls to lover nostalgia help fuel that kind of dedication: "Hey remember that time we watched Breakfast at Tiffany's together and we laughed so much? Anyway, can you come over and help me dispose of a body?"

I'm not normally into gore photos, but there's one that used to make the rounds on SA and I can't find for the life of me what case it's from, and I'm not really enjoying trying to google keywords to find it. There was a guy and girlfriend who murdered someone together, and there's a Ogrish-famous photo of the girlfriend, naked with a big 70s bush, squatting down and holding the severed head of the victim, with a big Disneyland smile. Does that ring any bells?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Araenna posted:

Thinking that it's normal for your friends to seriously help you cover up a murder is what led to my ex-husband getting immediately turned in by some college friend when he showed up and said, "Hey, my ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend was murdered a few states away and they're definitely going to suspect me. I didn't do anything but can you hide my gun?"

Not my boyfriend who got killed btw

Have you considered not dating?

SlightButSteady
Sep 13, 2007

Soiled Meat

I'm not normally into gore photos, but there's one that used to make the rounds on SA and I can't find for the life of me what case it's from, and I'm not really enjoying trying to google keywords to find it. There was a guy and girlfriend who murdered someone together, and there's a Ogrish-famous photo of the girlfriend, naked with a big 70s bush, squatting down and holding the severed head of the victim, with a big Disneyland smile. Does that ring any bells?

Robert Beckowitz was the man that was murdered (in 1982), but yeah, there's plenty :nms: photos if you're willing to google.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Araenna posted:

Thinking that it's normal for your friends to seriously help you cover up a murder is what led to my ex-husband getting immediately turned in by some college friend when he showed up and said, "Hey, my ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend was murdered a few states away and they're definitely going to suspect me. I didn't do anything but can you hide my gun?"

Not my boyfriend who got killed btw

Girl, I've seen you around on different threads (sup Allie avatar).

You have had like, the weirdest life.

SlightButSteady posted:

Robert Beckowitz was the man that was murdered (in 1982), but yeah, there's plenty :nms: photos if you're willing to google.

Found a text portion so people don't have to see it.

quote:

In July of 1982, Jeannine Clark, 21, and James Edward Glover, 37, took pictures of themselves mutilating the corpse of Robert Beckowitz - Glover’s friend and Clark’s boyfriend at the time, with a hacksaw after shooting him in the head and stabbing him nearly 100 times.

Glover and Clark had been high on drugs during the incident when they arranged the corpse in grotesque poses and used it for sex while taking pictures of their activities after watching the ‘Benny Hill’ show on TV together with Robert Beckowitz the same night.

Three days later, Jeannine Clark called the police and told them what had happened to her boyfriend but maintained that she was being held captive by Glover and was forced to participate in the act.

Later, this gruesome and bizarre incident became a well-documented case of necrophilia and James Edward Glover was charged with second-degree murder along with Jannine Clark who was charged with mutilating Beckowitz’s body.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 11:24 on May 25, 2018

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

SlightButSteady posted:

That would be the one. Oddly enough, the photo I was thinking of doesn't pop up in GIS, despite plenty more-gruesome ones from the same case, but on a clickbait listicle I found the one I was thinking of.

Very obviously, this is :nws: http://www.bestgore.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/robert-beckowitz-murder-mutilation-sexual-abuse-jeannine-clark-james-glover-01.jpg :nws:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Didn't they get caught when they brought the photos to get developed and the clerk doing the quality check called the cops?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I looked it up and found a source saying that he was "Murdered, Mutilated and Sexually Abused." I thought that the order listed there couldn't possibly have been right, like usually murderers do the latter two things before the murder. But reading about what happened, it turned out it was actually the correct order.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

You're in luck! She got out in March.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

BattleMaster posted:

I looked it up and found a source saying that he was "Murdered, Mutilated and Sexually Abused." I thought that the order listed there couldn't possibly have been right, like usually murderers do the latter two things before the murder. But reading about what happened, it turned out it was actually the correct order.
Well, this is definitely the order I would choose if I were going to be the victim.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

PetraCore posted:

Also delicious, but given the chance they'll eat you first. Never piss off a man who owns a pig farm.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Chillbro Baggins posted:

Also delicious, but given the chance they'll eat you first. Never piss off a man who owns a pig farm.
That's what makes eating them fair.

The_end
May 17, 2014

PetraCore posted:

That's what makes eating them fair.

I have noticed that the smarter the animal, the more tasty it is.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The_end posted:

I have noticed that the smarter the animal, the more tasty it is.

Brb, gonna go grill up some chimp steaks.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Brb, gonna go grill up some chimp steaks.

Apparently we're pretty tasty too, according to the few actual cannibal tribes in the South Pacific (most tribes accused of cannibalism don't actually eat people, some only eat their fallen foes ritualistically to gain their strength), if you want to go whole hog (hee).

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-44248854

loving hell :smith:

(e: the murder of a preteen, whose foster dad killed her because his son had raped her and they thought she might be pregnant)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eating only apples posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-44248854

loving hell :smith:

(e: the murder of a preteen, whose foster dad killed her because his son had raped her and they thought she might be pregnant)

:stonk:

wtf
how is your first reaction... that.. instead of breaking your foot off in your worthless son's rear end???

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Randaconda posted:

:stonk:

wtf
how is your first reaction... that.. instead of breaking your foot off in your worthless son's rear end???

I love both of my sons, but if either one were to do something like that, my first reaction would be to break my foot off in their rear end.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

And then use the other foot like a hammer to drive the first one home.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

There are two old jokes about this:

A good friend will help you move. A great friend will help you move bodies.

They say a good friend is one who will come down to the jail and bail you out at 4am. Bullshit, if they were such a good friend they'd be right in there with you, saying "man, she did *not* look like a cop."

...are you and your besty spit-roasting hookers or something

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had a friend take me out to dinner once and when the check came he picked up my dinner and drinks. I insisted on leaving the tip and asked why he was treating me and he said “Don’t laugh but last nice I had a dream that I killed my ex-wife’s new husband and I didn’t know what to do and called you and you just came over and chopped up the body for me and then showed me how to Breaking Bad all the guts and stuff away and that’s when I realized you were my best friend.”

it was, for this particular man, maybe the sweetest thing he’s ever said to another man, and besides that dinner had been real good, so I was like “Well, Buddy, let’s just hope it never comes to that.” but he basically treated it as real and did whatever I asked him to do forever until I moved away.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Bust Rodd posted:

I had a friend take me out to dinner once and when the check came he picked up my dinner and drinks. I insisted on leaving the tip and asked why he was treating me and he said “Don’t laugh but last nice I had a dream that I killed my ex-wife’s new husband and I didn’t know what to do and called you and you just came over and chopped up the body for me and then showed me how to Breaking Bad all the guts and stuff away and that’s when I realized you were my best friend.”

it was, for this particular man, maybe the sweetest thing he’s ever said to another man, and besides that dinner had been real good, so I was like “Well, Buddy, let’s just hope it never comes to that.” but he basically treated it as real and did whatever I asked him to do forever until I moved away.

Do yall still talk? How is he. Still no murders?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No murders, he’s a great dad and his new wife is much hotter and less of a bitch (though honestly not much less) and I avoid talking to them much because I hooked up with her before they started dating and she’s terrified of him finding out and I respect her boundaries enough to just check in on the kid’s birthday/Thanksgiving etc.

Finding out your best buddy smashed your wife first would be heavy on any day if you’re the kind of guy that has hang ups about that sort of thing and at this point it’s been so long that telling him would be worse than everyone just letting it go, and I know myself well enough that I’d probably slip up and make a joke about a tattoo or birthmark I shouldn’t know about if we went out drinking.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

No murders, he’s a great dad and his new wife is much hotter and less of a bitch (though honestly not much less) and I avoid talking to them much because I hooked up with her before they started dating and she’s terrified of him finding out and I respect her boundaries enough to just check in on the kid’s birthday/Thanksgiving etc.

Finding out your best buddy smashed your wife first would be heavy on any day if you’re the kind of guy that has hang ups about that sort of thing and at this point it’s been so long that telling him would be worse than everyone just letting it go, and I know myself well enough that I’d probably slip up and make a joke about a tattoo or birthmark I shouldn’t know about if we went out drinking.

Relax, he’s relying on you to clean up a body and that’s out the window if the body is you.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The murder of Mickey Bryan, a quiet fourth-grade teacher, stunned her small Texas town. Then her husband, a beloved high school principal, was charged with killing her. Did he do it, or had there been a terrible mistake?

This is part I. Part II has not been posted yet.

quote:

“Most people felt he was probably guilty, because he’d been convicted, even if no one was real sure why he’d done it,” Richard Liardon, the former superintendent, told me. Many of Joe’s former colleagues and friends had distanced themselves from him since the trial, though privately, some still struggled to reconcile the man they knew with the person the prosecution had portrayed him to be. “It was very hard for me to believe Joe had taken Mickey’s life,” Cindy Horn, the former teacher’s aide, told me. Yet like most people in Clifton, she held the criminal-justice system in high regard. The widely held assumption was that law enforcement and the courts always got it right. “I based what I thought on the verdict,” Horn said. “I assumed Joe was guilty because he was found guilty.”

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Bust Rodd posted:

I know myself well enough that I’d probably slip up and make a joke about a tattoo or birthmark I shouldn’t know about if we went out drinking.

Funny, that's how my father learned his first wife was cheating on him; she mentioned that a mutual friend only had one testicle. My father knew that, but how could she know that...?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I don't think we've had this one before, and this was big news when I was living in DC: the Georgetown Lulemon murder.

This happened in Georgetown, one of the richest neighborhoods of DC with a really upscale shopping district. Two women were working at a Lulemon (women's yoga/athletic store) and were there late on a Friday night. The next morning when coworkers arrived, the two women were tied up in the back, blood everywhere, one woman had been beaten up and the other had *300* injuries including head trauma and stab wounds. The surviving woman, Brittany Norwood, said that they'd gone back after closing to get a left-behind item, and two guys with ski masks followed them in and beat and raped both of them.

Pretty horrifying story, but pretty quickly the police had their doubts. Nothing appeared to be stolen, and random beating/murder is pretty rare especially in Georgetown. Then there's the fact that the only bloody footprints in the building were Norwood's, plus the other woman got massively whomped on and Norwood was at best scraped and bruised. Also Norwood was tied up in a much sloppier way than the dead woman, in a way that detectives said was totally possible to do to oneself. And contrary to the story, there was zero evidence that either woman had been sexually assaulted. Oh, and two employees at the Apple Store next door had listened through the wall to what the assumed was just a really nasty argument with two women shouting at each other.

It turns out the whole crux of the matter is that the dead woman suspected Norwood of shoplifting and had confronted her about it, so apparently Norwood did the math and decided that getting fired was worse than brutally murdering her coworker and forging a horrendous crime scene that was bound to draw massive attention. It kinda reminds me of a case earlier in this thread where a dude committed like four murders to silence witnesses for an upcoming trial... involving him shoplifting like $10 worth of steaks and stealing a guitar from a dorm room. One goon submitted that there should be some med-alert type wristband to indicate "I am amenable to witness-tampering for minor trials, don't murder me. In fact, just out-of-town concert tickets for the day of the trial would be fine."

TapTheForwardAssist has a new favorite as of 04:04 on May 26, 2018

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Pondering it, a much smarter technique for Norwood would've been:

"If you back off this shoplifting allegation, I'll quit first thing tomorrow morning. If you pursue it, I'll allege you were in on it too and are turning me in because I wouldn't give you enough of the cut after selling the stolen goods. Even if you're proven innocent, you'll probably be suspended for weeks while they figure it out, and they'll never trust you so much afterwards. So do the smart thing and just let me quit."

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I can feel the stars aligning.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

RC and Moon Pie posted:

quote:

”Most people felt he was probably guilty, because he’d been convicted, even if no one was real sure why he’d done it,” Richard Liardon, the former superintendent, told me. Many of Joe’s former colleagues and friends had distanced themselves from him since the trial, though privately, some still struggled to reconcile the man they knew with the person the prosecution had portrayed him to be. “It was very hard for me to believe Joe had taken Mickey’s life,” Cindy Horn, the former teacher’s aide, told me. Yet like most people in Clifton, she held the criminal-justice system in high regard. The widely held assumption was that law enforcement and the courts always got it right. “I based what I thought on the verdict,” Horn said. “I assumed Joe was guilty because he was found guilty.”

This is the reason why there are never any apologies or admissions of wrongdoing made by the justice system when someone is exonerated after being convicted. It would erode the middle class’ faith in the infallibility of law enforcement.

If this guy did kill his wife, convicting him is a win for society. If he didn’t, well, the husband would be guilty the majority of the time anyway, and there are already too many unsolved murders. The prosecution and law enforcement agents both have a vested interest in pinning a crime on a likely culprit even if there’s little clear evidence. Either way, the system gets its man, order is enforced and society can continue feeling safe and protected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I followed a year-old link from Reddit to a site called "stopsylvia.com" which was supposed to be for an article listing how the psychic Browne was totally wrong about the Amanda Berry kidnapping case (one of the multi-year victims of Ariel Castro). So presumably the whole site was an anti-Browne resource criticizing her work.

I check it now, and it's "Stop Smoking with Sylvia Browne" and it's an e-cigarette blog with a bare minimum amount of content on it. So kinda unnerving that there used to be a whole attack site taking on one of the most famous crime psychics, and then in the last year someone bought the domain name and made is something unrelated.