Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't why, but I really like the panel of Tokoyami sneezing.

it's the first time his expression has changed since Dark Shadow tried to eat him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goddamn I love Hawk's design so much.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mirio's expression at Tamaki's suggestion was kinda weird even for him.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the new top 10 is amazing

Endeavor trying to take his new role seriously is pretty cool, I kinda hope he gets redeemed if only for Todoroki's sake

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Really happy that Ragdoll is bouncing back

Also

Radish posted:

Also we need to learn more about Lone Wolf Rabbit Hero.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
a very good panel of a very good boy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

"Of course you realise, this means war!"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I feel bad for whoever is ranked 11th. After All Might retired, they probably thought they were finally going to make it into the top ten, only for Wood Man to be the break out star and shoot up the ranks.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Given those are just the Japanese rankings, I wonder if we'll ever really get a look at how things are going elsewhere in the world. I know places like America, China, etc. still exist after all.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wanna know who is the lowest ranked hero in the country.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Rhonne posted:

Well everyone's been wanting a Crawler cameo.

(I'm kidding I love that nice boy)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the lowest rank is probably a big tie between all of the newest ones nobody knows or cares about

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Flesnolk posted:

Given those are just the Japanese rankings, I wonder if we'll ever really get a look at how things are going elsewhere in the world. I know places like America, China, etc. still exist after all.

I would assume they share none of them. As they likely have entirely different heroes.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This arc will end with Shouto thanking his father for making him into the hero he is today, and apologizing for being such a uncooperative son. Endeavor, in his endless kindness, will say that it is okay, and that he forgives Shouto. Shouto's mother will then show up and say that she, too, apologizes for not appreciating Endeavor's wisdom in the raising of their son. Endeavor, in his saintly benevolence, will forgive her as well.

All Might will then say "Endeavor, my friend - you were always the true number one hero."

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ytlaya posted:

This arc will end with Shouto thanking his father for making him into the hero he is today, and apologizing for being such a uncooperative son. Endeavor, in his endless kindness, will say that it is okay, and that he forgives Shouto. Shouto's mother will then show up and say that she, too, apologizes for not appreciating Endeavor's wisdom in the raising of their son. Endeavor, in his saintly benevolence, will forgive her as well.

All Might will then say "Endeavor, my friend - you were always the true number one hero."

die

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Whenever Endeavor's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Endeavor?"

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This thread has an evil presence within it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Mirio's expression at Tamaki's suggestion was kinda weird even for him.

he seems wary of actually getting his powers back for some reason

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think it's more that losing his powers was a real blow to mirio emotionally and he doesn't want to get his hopes up just yet. plus using eri's powers must be a complicated feeling for him after the last arc too

mirio had it really rough last arc

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would assume they share none of them. As they likely have entirely different heroes.

Captain Celebrity was an American hero who moved to Japan and did hero work there, so there might be some overlap.

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love
Ragdoll is the best pussycat because she looks so manic and happy all the time.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rhonne posted:

I feel bad for whoever is ranked 11th. After All Might retired, they probably thought they were finally going to make it into the top ten, only for Wood Man to be the break out star and shoot up the ranks.

That's Killer Orca, I think?

Which sorta puts a kibosh on the whole "Everyone who participated in the battle in Kamino got ranked up" cause he was there too.

He was Rank 10 at the time, now he's not.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Brrrrrrick Frog!

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Interesting that the No 2 Hero is a normal looking guy with wings. I'm guessing theres way more to his power because that'd be a real crappy quirk for such a high rank.

Maybe he's an Angel rip-off and they can turn into knives or something. Could just be totally unrelated to his actual quirk like Tokoyami's bird head.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Nephthys posted:

Interesting that the No 2 Hero is a normal looking guy with wings. I'm guessing theres way more to his power because that'd be a real crappy quirk for such a high rank.

Maybe he's an Angel rip-off and they can turn into knives or something. Could just be totally unrelated to his actual quirk like Tokoyami's bird head.

I can kinda believe that “just flying” can be a top hero’s quirk in the context of shitass-seeming quirks like top boy Mirio’s being honed from a literal joke to PHANTOM MENACE and Crawler’s being lame as hell until he tried to experiment with it to make its actually solid.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Wash, The Washing Hero's power is flight. The bird wing guy can transform into any liquid.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
PHANTOM MENACE is such a top tier attack pun. Though that's probably because it's an English pun and I don't know Japanese, so all the good Japanese ones lose a lot in the translation.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I imagine the lowest-ranked Hero is Tomura Shiragaki

Turns out there aren't any "villains"

Just heroes who are really, really, really bad at their jobs

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

New Vigilantes is up.

Looks like the villains have started mutating people so they can pump them full of more drugs. Poor Teruo. :smith:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I'm assuming this is leading up to the invention of Noumu.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Someone remembered Koichi's hero name!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm upset that absolutely no one in this thread has praised the true superstar of the hero world.

Best Jeanist.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The anime reminded me that Gang Orca was ranked 10. Poor guy got knocked out of the top ten. :smith:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm upset that absolutely no one in this thread has praised the true superstar of the hero world.

Best Jeanist.

do you stand around and talk about how cool air is and how it lets us live

no

some things need no praise

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

The anime reminded me that Gang Orca was ranked 10. Poor guy got knocked out of the top ten. :smith:

Probably happened because he was working on the license exams. Figure a job like that, while important, isn't much good for boosting your profile. Add in the downtime from his injuries in the Kamino incident, and he probably just wasn't able to do enough to keep his reputation in the face of some determined challengers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Patware posted:

no

This is an acceptable reason.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Best Jeanist basically has the power of the clothes shrinking ray from mystery men and I can't ever love him.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Patware posted:

I'm assuming this is leading up to the invention of Noumu.

I was thinking the same thing. It's a pity all the Noumu we've seen so far have been next to useless, for all the effort being put into them they don't hold up well under pressure.

I'm also slightly worried that Captain Celebrity is gonna take Knuckleduster's place as a kind of mentor for Crawler and Pop☆Step. Not because I don't think the dynamic is good, just that it's kinda going against the main idea of the whole series. It's hard to consider Crawler a vigilante hero when he's working with pseudo-Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Patware posted:

no

None sing hymns to breath.

But ah! to be without it!