Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Hmmmm. Apparently you can drop a totem to fire off the vaal arc as well, so I wonder if heiro isn't the way to go. We still don't know what the bonus per remaining chain is yet for arc right? Im sure both self cast and totems are going to completely own anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jinnigan posted:

Does anyone have a suggested build guide for a Death's Oath witch? Regular Ed/Cont/Blight until you get your Death's Oath, I guess?

who plays that anyway, just google that poo poo?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

queeb posted:

Hmmmm. Apparently you can drop a totem to fire off the vaal arc as well, so I wonder if heiro isn't the way to go. We still don't know what the bonus per remaining chain is yet for arc right? Im sure both self cast and totems are going to completely own anyways.

I messed around with arc totems in beastiary, roughly followed Mathil's build, and despite the low numbers it's pretty good. I swapped in Lightning Tendrils for bosses T10+ just to speed things up. With the buff to arc it'll be even better...just moved up a couple spots on my possible league start list.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Reading up on Autobomber builds, it sounds like they're just for grinding maps and can't actually fight bosses? Is that an accurate assessment?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zero VGS posted:

Reading up on Autobomber builds, it sounds like they're just for grinding maps and can't actually fight bosses? Is that an accurate assessment?

yes

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

triple herald bv elementalist is basically an autobomber that can kill bosses. for general mapping you only need to maintain like 2 stacks of bv to make screens explode

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Awesome! posted:

triple herald bv elementalist is basically an autobomber that can kill bosses. for general mapping you only need to maintain like 2 stacks of bv to make screens explode

You’re not a real auto bomber unless you require headhunter buffs to stay alive.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

drat, Scion looks rather complicated to skill. Who thought making everything equally accessible was a good idea?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Wuxi posted:

drat, Scion looks rather complicated to skill. Who thought making everything equally accessible was a good idea?

Yeah you basically have to have a Scion build planned out in full ahead of time. Scion is an unlockable class for a reason.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Can I get a guild invite on MorsPoetica?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lprsti99 posted:

Mors had this name first :colbert:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lprsti99 posted:

invited

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any chance of an invite on Taitest

Thanks

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
spotted in a promo vid: vaal earthquake!?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The discord link in the op doesn't seem to work, anybody got a new one?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Wuxi posted:

The discord link in the op doesn't seem to work, anybody got a new one?

this should work https://discord.gg/cE9pVd

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Zero VGS posted:

For what it's worth I was finding that Haemophilia is dirt cheap and seriously upped the clearspeed with Bloodseeker.

Is it my imagination or is Blade Flurry way more DPS than anything else I could use with Bloodseeker? It feels better than reave for both mapping and bossing. Could Lacerate maybe be better single-target if I'm hitting with both waves? So few good skills that work with a claw. I think the only other option is that Dual Strike while offhanding Bloodseeker will cause the main hand weapon to instantly leech as well. You could use Soul Taker as your main-hand and have 100% mana reservation.

I'd say that Blade Flurry is usually one of the highest DPS melee skills if you utilize a stat stick with it. Molten Strike can also do comparable DPS without a stack stat, so you can use a shield with a bunch of added life/defense. Both are a bit clunky to use for clearing trash, though.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Wuxi posted:

It's always tempting to make a Scion, but it usually turns out badly (for me, at least). I'm tempted to make a Scion utilizing the new Might of the Meek jewels this coming league. Probably not the best league starter, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRhMYueaLVM

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Dahbadu posted:

It's always tempting to make a Scion, but it usually turns out badly (for me, at least). I'm tempted to make a Scion utilizing the new Might of the Meek jewels this coming league. Probably not the best league starter, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRhMYueaLVM

Maybe I'll go Ranger instead. For now I'm just looking for cool gems to make a build around.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Might of the Meek is a very cool thing to build around. I ended up getting a lot more out of the Scion I rolled last league than I normally would have. That crit multiplier above all is INSANELY good. It's like 108% multi or something.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Dahbadu posted:

I'd say that Blade Flurry is usually one of the highest DPS melee skills if you utilize a stat stick with it. Molten Strike can also do comparable DPS without a stack stat, so you can use a shield with a bunch of added life/defense. Both are a bit clunky to use for clearing trash, though.

So, I spent like 6 hours last night sperging on Path of Building:

I tried to make the highest DPS "budget" Bloodseeker that I could, and compared all of the different Ascendancies against each other, as well as trying both stat-stick and Dual Strike options.

- I kept all the gear around 10c each and below. Life is pretty low, but maybe with Brass Dome for crit prevention plus all the armor/evade/dodge, it could protect me from one-shots? Ascendancy gives 20% damage reduction from hits and 6% all damage reduction, along with stun-proof and 100% accuracy, for the most consistent experience.

- I made no assumptions about flasks or finding nice rares, and tried to calculate DPS as a "braindead" 1-button nametagging build.

The best thing I could come up with is Dual Strike Champion: https://pastebin.com/pc33xAjv

Dual Wield of course gets the threshold jewel that gives it free splash damage so you can actually clear or handle boss adds.

Interestingly, with all the same metrics, but using a Death's Hand as a stat-stick, Blade Flurry gets just about the exact same DPS: https://pastebin.com/kfxQrfx5

But, that assumes that you're releasing the attack the moment you hit 6 stacks, perfectly, every time.

What I'm thinking might actually work the best for overall clearing/bossing is to use Bloodseeker + Death's Hand with Reave / Vaal Reave for clearing the map (attacks should take up the whole screen with 8 stacks), then switch over to Scourge + Bloodseeker and Dual Strike for the boss fight.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 21:04 on May 26, 2018

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Why do you refuse to get decent hp?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Here's a stupid question. What's the best build for getting an HC character to 90 for all the achievements? I'm game to do it in standard HC since I'll have the most stuff and I really don't care about HC that much.

But I'm Bad at avoiding one-shot poo poo because I'm both bad at remembering and can't see worth a drat.

So a build that, y'know, mitigates that as much as humanly possible would be nice. I can do this kinda slowly between leagues in standard, another reason why to go with that, I just want to not die stupidly in normal lab or to kitava act 5 or whatever.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

silvergoose posted:

Here's a stupid question. What's the best build for getting an HC character to 90 for all the achievements? I'm game to do it in standard HC since I'll have the most stuff and I really don't care about HC that much.

Probably RF jugg

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

TheRat posted:

Probably RF jugg

ugh I guess so. I did play one before, so I know the ropes. I recall dying a lot though. SR for bosses?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

silvergoose posted:

ugh I guess so. I did play one before, so I know the ropes. I recall dying a lot though. SR for bosses?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters?characterName=RodentRF

as close to that as you can afford

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

*Bloodseeker build stuff*

I fiddled around a bit with the Death's Hand BF build you linked and ended up with this:
https://pastebin.com/Xt3Ks5TT

211% increased health, 187k Shaper dps with BF. Adding flasks would carry this into the 400k range, like so:
https://pastebin.com/fZmcapvC

I unchecked leeching in options since you have instant leech from Bloodseeker damage, and checked Ignite and Chilled since your build uses Hatred and Herald of Ash.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

unless the patch notes push me in a different direction i'm going to be boring and play a sunder gladiator. i've never played sunder and i haven't played a duelist since open beta so it'll be a nice change of pace from playing nothing but casters for as long as i can remember. i'll wait for someone to post a tree since i'm a dirty build copier but it should be pretty straightforward

Social Media fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 26, 2018

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Social Media posted:

unless the patch notes push me in a different direction i'm going to be boring and play a sunder gladiator. i've never played sunder and i haven't played a duelist since open beta so it'll be a nice change of pace from playing nothing but casters for as long as i can remember. i'll wait for someone to post a tree since i'm a dirty build copier but it should be pretty straightforward

Ground Slam is getting a buff and a Vaal overhaul. Right now I'm thinking I'll probably go Champion + Groundslam, as my league starter. Not sure if I'll go 2-handed or 1-handed + dagger/claw shaper stat stick.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
If Vaal EQ becomes a thing I might actually go E Q J U G G.

What a world

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

TheRat posted:

Why do you refuse to get decent hp?

Like I said, I'm not assuming I can find nice rares with good stats. I'm getting 171% life from tree; if I used a Kaom's Heart I'd be at a perfectly good 5600, but how would I make the links back up? Does Elder Helmet Concentrated Effect help out Dual Strike if I'm getting splash damage from Might and Influence? Would it even be worth losing the 4600 armor and crit immunity when there's stuff like 45% crit multiplier maps to contend with?

Svensken posted:

I fiddled around a bit with the Death's Hand BF build you linked and ended up with this:
https://pastebin.com/Xt3Ks5TT

211% increased health, 187k Shaper dps with BF. Adding flasks would carry this into the 400k range, like so:
https://pastebin.com/fZmcapvC

I unchecked leeching in options since you have instant leech from Bloodseeker damage, and checked Ignite and Chilled since your build uses Hatred and Herald of Ash.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Also, I think you should leave "leeching" checked, because I would still be constantly leeching mana, which still triggers Carnage Heart since it doesn't specify that you need to be leeching life for the damage boost.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I'm going to be stupid and try to make an elemental hit elementalist in incursion. Probably as a starter character and go maybe cold/lightning with elemental equilibrium. Or go full lightning with doryani's fist. I have plenty of time to think about it but I'm definitely trying out elemental hit.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Dahbadu posted:

Ground Slam is getting a buff and a Vaal overhaul. Right now I'm thinking I'll probably go Champion + Groundslam, as my league starter. Not sure if I'll go 2-handed or 1-handed + dagger/claw shaper stat stick.

my only concern with ground slam is that if you're doing a 1h build with high attack speed, your FPS takes a nosedive with Ground Slam while Sunder hardly affects your frames at all. i'd probably go 1h with a 3 green socket prismatic eclipse so i can fly through uber lab (although using a 1h + stat stick for killing and putting brightbeak and a triple green prismatic on a weapon swap for flying through the lab isn't a bad idea either). hopefully the performance dip gets addressed sooner rather than later, but i hadn't considered ground slam until now and it would be easy enough to swap over if the power level outweighs the performance issues

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
skeleton necro or some kind of occultist here

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

Like I said, I'm not assuming I can find nice rares with good stats. I'm getting 171% life from tree; if I used a Kaom's Heart I'd be at a perfectly good 5600, but how would I make the links back up? Does Elder Helmet Concentrated Effect help out Dual Strike if I'm getting splash damage from Might and Influence? Would it even be worth losing the 4600 armor and crit immunity when there's stuff like 45% crit multiplier maps to contend with?

You consistently over value crit immunity and under value life. Have you played a max block character yet?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
wtf 5600 life with a kaoms heart

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
I know the 3.3 notes are not out and anything can change between then and now. I play a lot with a buddy of mine, including leveling and mapping. We have solo characters but prefer to duo when we're both around. Are there any crazy good/op duo setups out there for mapping / loot farming?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Probably would involve one guy being heavy into auras like a RF/ray guardian or a curse heavy occultist or the like, otherwise just make sure one of you isn't anti-synergy, like EE to nerf his damage type or full elemental auras for a starforge physical only damage dealer or the like.

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
You have to be careful with numbers before the patch hits but something stood out in ziggy's vaal skill video...

Isn't this an awful lot of flat phys on double strike? It still has awful mechanics, but if that number scales as normal flat phys, then it seems a bit crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

If anyone wants to do a not poo poo all unique gimmick build I always thought this one looked fun but never got around to trying it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1989546/page/1

Alot of evasion and 10k es while doing 1.5+ million shaper dps