Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
hmm yes he believes the earth was literally created in six days, but have you considered that he can quote poetry

sure he may have voted against equal rights for gay people but did you consider that one time he said everyone should be afforded respect and dignity

:barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Victoria in good state news:

https://twitter.com/theage/status/1000104391037345793

https://twitter.com/theage/status/1000196647488548864

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Copying Queensland I see.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

This is going to be ownzone for my small business labour consulting startup.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lock all bosses away Dandrews, even if they haven't done anything wrong

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
"New IPA book calls on government to privatise the ABC by 'giving it away'"

https://amp.smh.com.au/politics/federal/new-ipa-book-calls-on-government-to-privatise-the-abc-by-giving-it-away-20180525-p4zhjn.html

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

I wonder who would buy it.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

quote:

A new book authored by the influential Institute of Public Affairs calls on the Turnbull government to privatise the ABC by giving it away for free to the ABC's employees

Since when has the IPA been a proponent of syndaclism?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Authors Chris Berg and Sinclair Davidson, both IPA researchers, contend the sale of Qantas and the Commonwealth Bank set a precedent for privatising the ABC and that in 2018, "the arguments for public broadcasting are poor".

Because both of those sales went so well for the public and nothing bad happened from either.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sticking a knife in the toaster set a precedent for sticking a knife in the electrical outlet.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

I wonder who would buy it.

If they are giving it away, I'll take it.

Make ABC3 the 24/7 bird channel.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
We set a precedent by privatising our internet to telstra so i suggest we privatise the police to OCP.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
If they're giving it away can I get a chunk of ABC2 and ABC3. I think that's where the real money making is, advertise direct to children and teens.

Or by 'give away' do they mean 'give to rich people'?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

GoldStandardConure posted:

If they are giving it away, I'll take it.

Make ABC3 the 24/7 bird channel.

I take it channels 1 & 2 are David and Margaret?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Konomex posted:

If they're giving it away can I get a chunk of ABC2 and ABC3. I think that's where the real money making is, advertise direct to children and teens.

Or by 'give away' do they mean 'give to rich people'?

I know it's worded euphemistically but Jesus Christ dude

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Konomex posted:

If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad archbishop is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband. Not withstanding all his faults, you find that he tends to do more good than harm. He might be a bad archbishop but at least he’s employing priests who are hopefully not assaulting children, while he is in fact a archbishop.

This is, :sad:ly, a very bad post.

Like, go gently caress yourself bad.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
whoosh

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

McGiggins posted:

cripes

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

This is why the fuckin' dude needs to inject himself into every single second of discourse, his dogshit words and deeds were so quickly and awkwardly and downright effectively swept out of the Liberal Party's public identity

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Like how if Trump got removed his voice would blare from every screen and speaker in your life until he died

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/nickykmartin/status/1000281360433537024

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

How dare the media criticise a Tommy Robinson supporter for uh [checks notes] ... My office professes a grand apology

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Lid posted:

whoosh

That Toned Abs quote gets reposted pretty much every month with the context changed and every single time there’s a bite. I love it.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Dude McAwesome posted:

That Toned Abs quote gets reposted pretty much every month with the context changed and every single time there’s a bite. I love it.

It's a pretty appropriate response to the words though. Cause jesus christ, I felt terrible just rewording it.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I only just started reading and posting in this thread. :saddowns:

Congratulations though, with very little effort on your part you did indeed manage to be me hella buttmad.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Shut the gently caress up

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The Peccadillo posted:

Shut the gently caress up

https://twitter.com/dril/status/925749254374723584?s=21

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Owned.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

McGiggins posted:

Congratulations though, with very little effort on your part you did indeed manage to be me hella buttmad.

:gb2gbs:

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

McGiggins posted:

Welcome. This thread is the worst.

Konomex posted:

It's a pretty appropriate response to the words though. Cause jesus christ, I felt terrible just rewording it.

Art is pain.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Blair hates the Catholic Church?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

McGiggins posted:

That just means you still have some decency and humanity left.

Keep reading AusPol, it'll go away.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Knobb Manwich posted:

I take it channels 1 & 2 are David and Margaret?

1 channel each.

Or just give two to Margaret.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
If we're redistributing the ABC, can we have one station that's just devoted to the real fuckin' good comedies that got made for it? Because I feel like that's the thing that the ABC does real well that it never gets credit for. I straight-up can't think of a good Australian comedy that wasn't on the ABC.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

McGiggins posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3598337&pagenumber=417&perpage=40#post478495141

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cleretic posted:

If we're redistributing the ABC, can we have one station that's just devoted to the real fuckin' good comedies that got made for it? Because I feel like that's the thing that the ABC does real well that it never gets credit for. I straight-up can't think of a good Australian comedy that wasn't on the ABC.

Hey Hey It's Saturday.

Oh you meant in the current century. Yeah, nah.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

russell

loving

coight

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Cleretic posted:

SBS has some now and again, not that that really disproves your overall point about public broadcasters.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Jonah Galtberg posted:

russell

loving

coight

All Aussie Adventures, Lets Go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/why-were-doomed-to-die-from-dumbness/news-story/36f4925048b859eb105a932427a60df7

I think this is the most newscorp article to ever exist. Sledging the ABC, pushing the Liberal line about Pauline Hanson's backflip and throwing in something about Shorten for good measure all sprinkled with a "aren't we so much SMARTER".

• Locked thread