Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sunswipe posted:

It's always so loving adorable listening to Americans try and have taste in food. Like my five year-old niece claiming she's a gourmet because she'll only eat battered chicken nuggets, not breaded.

Barbecue alone makes this a hilariously terrible statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

PederP posted:

not the New York pizza

And what's with Americans having to put insane amounts of sauce, cheese and fillings on your already gigantic pizzas?

I'm suspecting you've never had New York style pizza. NY pizza is all about the crust.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Really not enjoying this attempt at creating Cannonball Run 3...

I would legit be there opening night for a geriatric Cannonball Run 3, but alas, with no Dom there’s no fun.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 26, 2018

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

XK posted:

I'm suspecting you've never had New York style pizza. NY pizza is all about the crust.

Is this crust without sauce, cheese, mayonnaise or miniature burgers hiding inside?

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

XK posted:

Also, it's my understanding European pizza is uniquely awful, except for margherita pizza in the depths of Italy.

you should not judge before you try swedish banana pineapple spam pizza

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

PederP posted:

Is this crust without sauce, cheese, mayonnaise or miniature burgers hiding inside?

Pretty much proven my point right here.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

XK posted:

Pretty much proven my point right here.

Sounds like I may have a treat in store, then. Thanks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

Best pizza I ever had was NY Style with a vodka sauce in a little corner place near I think Chinatown. loving amazing. I wish I had written down the place it was so good.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

I'm going to have a pizza tonight after all this talk.

Maybe I'll put some pineapple on it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yep time for a deep dish pineapple out of Chi-town.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Barbecue alone makes this a hilariously terrible statement.

Gotta argue about something, CIG aren't giving us much at the moment.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

PederP posted:

Sounds like I may have a treat in store, then. Thanks.

:)

Lucali Brooklyn
Roberta’s Brooklyn
Joe's Pizza West Village
Prince Street Pizza Manhattan

XK fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 26, 2018

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Its cheese and tomato on bread FFS, stop jizzing your pants over this greasy slop.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
You know, every derail is different. And by law of averages they can’t all appeal to me personally. I recognize and respect this.

God drat pizza chat.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BeigeJacket posted:

Its cheese and tomato on bread FFS, stop jizzing your pants over this greasy slop.

:hfive:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

It's the curse of any tourist town: we love and desperately want your money, but also wish you would go somewhere else and die quietly.

I sympathise. Cabin season has already begun and I'm already cursing the existence of cottagers everywhere.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's me the goon who gets irrationally angry about cheesy tomato flatbread

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Drunk Theory posted:

You know, every derail is different. And by law of averages they can’t all appeal to me personally. I recognize and respect this.

God drat pizza chat.

We could be talking about this

so, you know...

Pizza is way better.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Beet Wagon posted:

Believe it or not we actually have a pretty robust pizza scene in some places here. Probably because eight out of ten New Yorkers end up moving here to A) get away from it all and B) talk endlessly about how loving great New York is and how they miss seaaaaaaaaaasons

Come on man, Florida's either Cubans or coffin dodgers. drat if hanging out with the Cuban community with my cousin wasn't the poo poo though. I miss the food.

PederP posted:

Neapolitan pizza is the true pizza. Not the weird lahmajoun/pizza hybrid served all over Europe, not the deep pan pizza*, not the New York pizza, AND MOST DEFINITELY NOT ANYTHING WITH PINEAPPLE.

* (which is nice when the chef doesn't go bonkers with sauce and cheese)

And what's with Americans having to put insane amounts of sauce, cheese and fillings on your already gigantic pizzas? Are you trying to beat India in the Diabetes World Cup? American cuisine actually has so much to offer, but please tone it down a notch with the artery sabotage. We need you guys to defend our freedom. Remember to call your family! And I don't mean Germany or the UK. You don't want their cuisine. Call Italy, Africa, Scandinavia, Asia, maybe? Dunno about Mexico, beans and weird spices don't make for good bunkbuddies.

Good pizza doesn't have too much of either and has a thinner crust these days. Pizza Hut/Dominos/Whatever isn't the same as local places run by people that actually give a poo poo.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm on phone so I can't easily link to shadow puppet of a's Italy pizza horror stories posts but pretend I did that in response to anybody making GBS threads on American pizza. Except st louis pizza, gently caress st louis pizza

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

XK posted:

so, you know...

Pizza is way better.

No amount of talk about that thing is going to make me want one. I can't say the same about pizza.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm always loling at New Yorkers posting their pizzas and they look like lovely neapolitan pizza.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I just stumbled across pizza topped pizza.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

As a proud American I'm phoning up Applebees for a pizza with extra American cheese.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

As a proud American I'm phoning up Applebees for a pizza with extra American cheese.

Beet recommends the Velveeta.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Squid ink pizza?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

XK posted:

Squid ink pizza?

Activated Charcoal :allears:

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Have you Americans learnt how to make a salad without drowning it in sugary sauce and bacon croutons and fried sausage grease yet?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

So are you supposed to fly it around or shave with it

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

BeigeJacket posted:

Have you Americans learnt how to make a salad without drowning it in sugary sauce and bacon croutons and fried sausage grease yet?

Is the sky blue?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Foo Diddley posted:

I think you're just supposed to look at it.

Also assuming applebees is all there is to american food is the same as assuming all indian people eat is curry.

Yes I loving know that's the god drat joke you idiot

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Foo Diddley posted:

Works great on pubes. Or so I heard.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

XK posted:

so, you know...

Pizza is way better.

CIG needs to make a pizza delivery ship.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PederP Eats the Streets

A show where a goon travels the world sampling pieces of roadwork, then complains loudly that the asphalt has too much sugar

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

BeigeJacket posted:

Yes. It sold horribly. Someone doesn't understand Ben's America

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

BeigeJacket posted:

I'll have a salad with extra ranch and croutons, hold the leafy greens

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...

The Titanic posted:

Anytime something stupid pops up, just blame me. I'm good for it. It probably was my fault somehow anyway. :)

I mean I am Derek's alt so naturally danger and poo poo posting is going to follow me like a plague of twitter rants. :)

I'll take the blame for that, if you don't mind ;o)

Whatever may be said about me, I own up to my mistakes. I made a very bad call of judgement, and for that I apologize.

Sorry thread, won't happen again.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
http://i.imgur.com/PD78HIJ.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Actually, regardless of nationality, nerds have the absolute worst taste in food.*

I've been to a bunch of tabletop gaming tournaments, expos, shows, etc in my time and when it's time to break for lunch it's always, always, 100% always the worst kind of processed fast-food slop. And they pound it down by the plateful, washing their shame with giant cups of sugary shite.

*music too.