Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ghostlight posted:

The second gif is reversed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P40LIQtEE3M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

It was because of the costume being super fuckin tight! Then he just kept doing crazy poo poo because Frakes is a little bit for real nuts.

It was mainly that he had some back issues, I think.

Also it's how he rolled.

https://i.imgur.com/WIlBv6x.mp4

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

when you eject the warp core with your boot by accident

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I stand sit corrected!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Endless Mike posted:

Is this a thing I should actually read?

I saw Spoony post some pictures from it on Twitter.
In it evil Picard has a gym routine that would make the most serious Gym-bro say "dude."

It looks perfect for this thread.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It was because of the costume being super fuckin tight! Then he just kept doing crazy poo poo because Frakes is a little bit for real nuts.

Poor guy had to, for his back.

Wil Wheaton posted:

"Frakes had a back injury, caused by having a job moving furniture. The result is the "Riker Lean," where you often see him on set leaning on chairs or consoles, or with one leg propped up on something. You can also see his body is tilted a little when he's standing up straight.
I'd guess this has something to do with that. For each time we see him sit down, he probably had to do that same move dozens of times for each take. Just lifting one leg and sitting right down was probably easier for him than turning, contorting his back, and squatting down over and over. It's the same thing with the Riker Lean: he probably had no problem standing up for a few minutes, but shooting that show probably resulted in standing on set for hours on end. Dude had to find a way to work around his injury by leaning on things, or he wouldn't have made it."

There's a ton of hilarious star trek comic book stuff for this thread that we have not yet begun to mine.

Cuchulain posted:

for the love of god someone please loop the middle frames of those gifs back and forth

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
We only need the like, three frames of him workin' it on top of the chair, but I commend your effort.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Apparently if you listen to the dvd commentaries of TNG he has an insane memory, like he remembers the name of catering and crew members who were on for like 3 episodes and poo poo.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ghostlight posted:

The second gif is reversed.

Professor X: checks out.

He's facing the door at the end so if it's reversed wouldn't that mean he moonwalked into the captain's quarters and then sat down?

E:there's a whole other page here

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Apparently if you listen to the dvd commentaries of TNG he has an insane memory, like he remembers the name of catering and crew members who were on for like 3 episodes and poo poo.

That could just be him working with those same people on movies and stuff once he transitioned to being a director full-time. I mean, he's directed episodes of every Trek series since TNG (including Discovery) as well as a bunch of film.

Say Nothing posted:

I read the mirror universe book and it was ok, I don't know if this is based on the same story, though.

I think this story is the Mirror Enterprise-D comes to the regular universe and faces off with the real one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

That tracks. When I met him he knew the name of the dude in front of me and asked how his kids were and the guy look shocked. Riker is the best.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm good with most of this but someone please clue me in on who/what Wolverine is having a hard time attacking..?

Not sure which one amuses me more, Kitty just seemingly forgetting how to remain tangible while simply standing, or Charles just rolling into the front lines of this super battle.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SilverSupernova posted:

Not sure which one amuses me more, Kitty just seemingly forgetting how to remain tangible while simply standing, or Charles just rolling into the front lines of this super battle.

I figure Kitty is going intangible to avoid getting stabbed by the Canadian guy.

Also, I always mix up the Shaper of Worlds with Kubik, the guy who was evolved from a Cosmic Cube. I don't think they even look very similar.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Sheesh, last time I saw Kubik was an older Avengers issue with Buscema / Palmer art, he looked like a metal version of Marvin the Martian.

It was a pretty weird issue with Steve Rogers as The Captain (the black suit/motorcycle phase) being called to help Dr. Druid's Avengers who were all beaten by the Super Adaptoid, who lured Kubik to Earth so he could copy his reality-altering powers.

Steve literally beats the most powerful being on Earth (at that time) using nothing but logic and exploiting Super-Adaptoid's stupid artificial ego.

It's also revealed that the Super-Adaptoid's powers were literally drawn from a sliver of the original Cosmic Cube, which Kubik removes and replaces back within himself after the fighting's over.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 25, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

That tracks. When I met him he knew the name of the dude in front of me and asked how his kids were and the guy look shocked. Riker is the best.

He's also crazy, or at least willing to narrate "documentaries" about crazy rear end poo poo. I was a T.A. in a class and had to edit a paper about how H.A.A.R.P. controls the weather and his only source for the paper was one of those bogus science shows History Channel started showing after they ran out of footage of Hitler, hosted by Frakes.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
So what grade did you give it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Keeshhound posted:

So what grade did you give it?

A C I think? The writing was okay, but it really wasn't what the assignment was, but that was also a pretty common problem among the student's papers. The class was called "Environmental Communication" and they were supposed to write about how the media talks about environmental issues, but most of them instead wrote about an environmental issue. Basically they were supposed to write about media coverage of how we aren't going to have polar bears in 20 years and students just wrote about how we weren't going to have anymore polar bears in 20 years.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
jeeze, what a missed oppotunity to talk about how according to fox news we're gonna have a resurgence of polar bears cuz of global cooling

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

jeeze, what a missed oppotunity to talk about how according to fox news we're gonna have a resurgence of polar bears cuz of global cooling

It was a junior level communications class, so people were supposed to be studying and learning about how we talk to each other and interact with the media. It wasn't a science class.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
That's a shame; conspiracy theories would actually be a pretty informative example of how and not to communicate specific ideas if they'd understood what you were asking for.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
that's exactly the kind of thing I'd say if I were an illuminati lizardman

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Quiet, you!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Keeshhound posted:

Shush, Sheev!

Fixed.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

Sheesh, last time I saw Kubik was an older Avengers issue with Buscema / Palmer art, he looked like a metal version of Marvin the Martian.

It was a pretty weird issue with Steve Rogers as The Captain (the black suit/motorcycle phase) being called to help Dr. Druid's Avengers who were all beaten by the Super Adaptoid, who lured Kubik to Earth so he could copy his reality-altering powers.

Steve literally beats the most powerful being on Earth (at that time) using nothing but logic and exploiting Super-Adaptoid's stupid artificial ego.

It's also revealed that the Super-Adaptoid's powers were literally drawn from a sliver of the original Cosmic Cube, which Kubik removes and replaces back within himself after the fighting's over.

Is this the same Kubik who manifested during that whole Avengers Standoff thing (and then joined the Thunderbolts I think)?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i think kobik was a different cosmic cube

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Wait a second. They have a guy who evolved from the Cosmic Cube, and his name is loving Kubik?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Grendels Dad posted:

Wait a second. They have a guy who evolved from the Cosmic Cube, and his name is loving Kubik?

I hope he has a slow-witted friend. Kubik's Rube, as it were.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Grendels Dad posted:

Secret Wars II was so, so bad. :cripes:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

prefect posted:

I figure Kitty is going intangible to avoid getting stabbed by the Canadian guy.

Also, I always mix up the Shaper of Worlds with Kubik, the guy who was evolved from a Cosmic Cube. I don't think they even look very similar.

The Shaper of Worlds also evolved from a Cosmic Cube, so that might be part of it

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017

Zaodai posted:

I hope he has a slow-witted friend. Kubik's Rube, as it were.

:drat:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Binary Badger posted:

That figure looks... somewhat familiar

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

prefect posted:

Secret Wars II was so, so bad. :cripes:

That's Secret Wars III. Which was somehow even worse than Secret Wars II, a thing that should not have been possible.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just read secret wars 2 while exploring the backstory of molecule man and i appreciated how as the most power being in the universe he settles down, goes to therapy, and got himself a thicc gf

As an aside sentry somehow being more op than molecule man and coming back from being disintegrated twice by owen and then being able to kill him instead but then later dying from thor is dumb as hell

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gann Jerrod posted:

In Star Trek: Through the Mirror #4, Mirror Riker celebrates by thrusting his crotch in the most extra way possible.

Barclay in the back playing a mean air guitar.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

techknight posted:

That figure looks... somewhat familiar

Holy poo poo.

He’s totally a Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past From the Future.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Read it in his voice!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Grendels Dad posted:

Rubik was taken.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

Proteus Jones posted:

Holy poo poo.

He’s totally a Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past From the Future.

You might want to get a snack, 'cause this is gonna take a loong time. Thousands of years ago...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a1LV1IeG8U

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Secret Wars II, especially the issue where the Beyonder learns the facts of life after he gets taken in by a pimp and his stable of prostitutes. Clearly the Comics Code Authority people had completely stopped giving a poo poo by 1986. (Speaking of poo poo, the issue before that is the one where Spider-Man has to potty train the Beyonder.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Esplanade posted:

Rubik was taken.

Where is that strange polygonal gnome leading those hispanic children