Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Relevant joke:

A procedural bird is is trying to play Star Citizen. It constantly crashes. It eats a slice of pizza, and watches the GDC conference where Roberts sings praises about the Intel Optane SSD.

The bird thinks, "Hrm, if one Optane can help me play Star Citizen..."

"Toucan do it," says Derek Smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Y’all ain’t had poo poo till you have a Mac and cheese burrito with brisket and a spicy sausage link in it.

The brisket is amazing.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

BeigeJacket posted:

Have you Americans learnt how to make a salad without drowning it in sugary sauce and bacon croutons and fried sausage grease yet?

i think they deep fry it.

Now about star citizen. Is there going to be new twist coming?
or can they really continue postponing the jesus patch forever?

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Y’all ain’t had poo poo till you have a Mac and cheese burrito with brisket and a spicy sausage link in it.

The brisket is amazing.
this looks like someone amputed the limb of a fleshy robot

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Spatial posted:

this looks like someone amputed the limb of a fleshy robot

So perfect for Star Citizen then.

It’s a tasty loving robot.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nebiros posted:

Come on man, Florida's either Cubans or coffin dodgers. drat if hanging out with the Cuban community with my cousin wasn't the poo poo though. I miss the food.

South Florida maybe. I’m up to my tits over here in retired New Yorkers whining about missing the city

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

So perfect for Star Citizen then.
No. It looks like it's finished :v:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nyast posted:

Let's talk about the elephant in the room:

See the difference between the two images ? That ship pops out at 1.5 Km away from you. That's an RSI Constellation Andromeda, a 61-m ship classified as "large".

This is probably CIG's answer to adressing performance issues. Cull away stuff closer and closer so there's less to simulate and render. So in these so-called large-scale battles, you're most likely going to be fighting against dozens of target indicators and not see the actual ships flying around.

That ship and its billion components has been in memory since it was spawned, having it popup so close only helps reduce the load on the renderer, which is not the main performance destroyer in SC. That's right! CIG managed to create a cryengine "game" where the main performace hog is not the renderer, which is an impressive feat.

And the whole problem goes back to the main feature of SC: the ships. They never even thought about the consequences on having ships made of a billion independent components until they hit them in the face. And since the ships are sacred, they are forced to try to find ways around the problem instead of addressing it directly.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

Florida man talks about pizza.

Blue cheese (and a dollop of yogurt) on tacos man talks about food. :colbert:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I could really go for some tacos arabes right now

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I can’t decide which is funnier, the reddit post from 2012 or ShapCap the Cowardly Dog regurgitating a made up narrative about why goons left.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

XK posted:

We could be talking about this

so, you know...

Pizza is way better.

https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1000165051959988224

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
So, did Star Citizen save PC gaming yet? Asking for a friend.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Xarbala posted:

I could really go for some tacos arabes right now

Tacos arabes are great but it's really difficult to find a place where they are not pastor tacos on a pita/tortilla (not that those are bad). I could go for some too but gently caress Canada.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Wiz posted:

Yes. All other space games are now irreverent. Might as well stop working on Stellaris and go into medical industry programming.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wiz posted:

Sadly, no. It seems you and your compatriots have a couple years left in which to scratch out a living making inferior games before you’re bought out by the Chris Roberts Entertainment Group and put to 20 years hard labor - er, uh... earning a comfortable living hand placing buildings on procedurally generated planets.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

trucutru posted:

Blue cheese (and a dollop of yogurt) on tacos man talks about food. :colbert:

I stand by it, too.

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks
all aboard

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Koil posted:

all aboard

:eyepop:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Hey, listen: I made the secreto. It was awesome. Everyone loved it, and I want more secreto. It's very, very good.

Thanks for listening.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

tuo posted:

Hey, listen: I made the secreto. It was awesome. Everyone loved it, and I want more secreto. It's very, very good.

Thanks for listening.

So you took our advice?

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Koil posted:

all aboard

It's beautiful

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

tuo posted:

Thanks for listening.

*finally looks up secreto*

*adds secreto to food bucket list*

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Wiz posted:

Look, I understand you are allegedly a game developer and I respect that. But now you need to understand the fact that you and your pals are simply dinosaurs, incapable of the innovation necessary to revitalize the industry like one ~dons reading glasses~ Chris Roberts. If you want to compete in this new paradigm I suggest you find your own muppet from the 90's.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

XK posted:

*finally looks up secreto*

*adds secreto to food bucket list*

food bucket sounds more american than american cheese

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Koil posted:

all aboard

Isn't that bus a little long?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Overwatch was completed before Star Citizen (though I will cede to the caveat that it used a lot of existing assets from Titan).

Overwatch is having an anniversary event.

Star Citizen is suddenly having a "50 year anniversary" event. :wtf:

It's like they can't stand to be upstaged by any other game, no matter how unrelated it is to Star Citizen.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Saddest Robot posted:

Overwatch was completed before Star Citizen (though I will cede to the caveat that it used a lot of existing assets from Titan).

It's like they can't stand to be upstaged by any other game, no matter how unrelated it is to Star Citizen.

I doubt they are even aware Overwatch exists. The event is for Chris' 50 anniversary and Sandi's sweet sixteen.

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Slow_Moe posted:

Isn't that bus a little long?

yes of course, you are right

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 26, 2018

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/UbdbTxr.gifv

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://gfycat.com/GrandioseLittleKrill

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Saddest Robot posted:

They've been trying to grift off the success of actual game titles since their inception. Their "newsletters" go out within hours of Elite's, their "Pre-Alpha" version numbers are based on Elite's current actual version numbers, and their events are always lined up with events from actual games made by real game developers.

Star Citizen : Real Games :: Sandi : Actresses

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

Star Citizen is to video games, what the munchie box is to pizzas.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Right that's it. I'm posting all of Derek's pizza-based opinions...

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/865195903396835328

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Stop trying to ruin pizza.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
And now the pizza derail is topical. Going full circle.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Almost as classic as the Bitcoin Burger Barn post :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks