Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkroot
Apr 11, 2012

Strikers Over Scarif
You can field 5 in 1.0, but it's all PS1 with no upgrades. Might be fun in a "no-meta" match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Got this with more than enough time to spare to paint it up and have it ready for Schwartz tokens

(the wings will get magneted, not taped, in the final version)

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

MJP posted:

Got this with more than enough time to spare to paint it up and have it ready for Schwartz tokens

(the wings will get magneted, not taped, in the final version)

:captainpop:

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Huxley posted:

I've tried selling upgrade cards on eBay since they announced 2.0 and have had a little success here and there. Someone bought an Defender X7/D set for $12, which was nuts, but mostly it's been like, Juke/Comm Relay selling for $2 free shipping. Mostly things don't sell, which isn't surprising.

On the other hand, ships+bases haven't diminished much at all. If you wanted out all-together, you would do pretty well right now selling out ships. Here's an auction where a guy got $55 or so for 6 ships.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FFG-Star-Wars-X-Wing-Empire-6-Ship-Lot/332619390552?hash=item4d71a91e58:g:7BMAAOSwCYtazPf2

Here's a large collection where the guy also got ~$6 per ship.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Wing-Miniatures-Huge-Lot-of-37-Ships/202283581713?hash=item2f190a8111:g:r8oAAOSwLnBawYxB

Are you selling the cards individually or in little thematic packs? I have a billion cards of every kind and no interest in playing this game until 2.0 is out. Any retailers who still buy cards in bulk out there? Or is Ebay my best bet?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Guys, I am in a wave 1-3 tourney again.

So, like 4 lambdas with ion cannons?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flightless greeb posted:

Are you selling the cards individually or in little thematic packs? I have a billion cards of every kind and no interest in playing this game until 2.0 is out. Any retailers who still buy cards in bulk out there? Or is Ebay my best bet?

Pretty much everything I've gotten to sell has been a "set." Like both TIE defender titles, both of the A wing things together or comm relay+juke together. Even then, I usually get only a couple of bucks shipped for stuff, but I'm just shipping in regular envelopes and top loaders so it's not a big deal. Two bucks is two bucks.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Since i only got ship models and no cardboard so far i've been wondering: What is the width of the bullseye arc? It looks smaller than a movement template so maybe it's the range ruler width? Wich incidentally is the only template dimension i had trouble finding online. Is it 12,5mm?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Bistromatic posted:

Since i only got ship models and no cardboard so far i've been wondering: What is the width of the bullseye arc? It looks smaller than a movement template so maybe it's the range ruler width? Wich incidentally is the only template dimension i had trouble finding online. Is it 12,5mm?
Both 15mm

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Thanks! I do wonder why they didn't go with 20mm, checking it with a movement template would seem easier.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Bistromatic posted:

Thanks! I do wonder why they didn't go with 20mm, checking it with a movement template would seem easier.

There are no move templates that reach range 3.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Some core cards got spoiled.

Supernatural reflexes looks reeeeeally good.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Dang. Does Scum have any force users other than Asajj? Edit: and Maul crew I think...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Zuckuss and Gand findsmen I think

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

bunnyofdoom posted:

Zuckuss and Gand findsmen I think

Findsmen do not have a force rating.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I meant in the EU they did but who the feck knows now

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Has Valen Rudor been demoted to a stock TIE, or is that in addition to the Advanced Prototype version of him?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Madurai posted:

Has Valen Rudor been demoted to a stock TIE, or is that in addition to the Advanced Prototype version of him?

It would not shock me either way.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I don't know how you can call that title a demotion.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Huh they really are mixing it up with the pilots, pulling in people from battlefront games, hopefully not in place of Howlrunner!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

flightless greeb posted:

Huh they really are mixing it up with the pilots, pulling in people from battlefront games, hopefully not in place of Howlrunner!

HOwl's still in AND her ability now works on herself as well as her friends!!

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

three times three hoo-rahs! I do wonder if all the made up weirdos from the Gozanti and so on will make the cut however.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

thespaceinvader posted:

HOwl's still in AND her ability now works on herself as well as her friends!!

Serrisu better get the same treatment otherwise lol

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Panzeh posted:

Some core cards got spoiled.

Supernatural reflexes looks reeeeeally good.
Elusive looks interesting. I am even more curious about the charge mechanics now.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

flightless greeb posted:

They seem to have ditched Juno Eclipse and given her ability to someone else.

edit: TIE/rb when?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Madurai posted:

edit: TIE/rb when?

:emptyquote:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Et tu, BruTIE?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I'd be pretty surprised if there's not some Solo material in wave 2.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Juno Eclipse will be rebel only, TIE Advanced

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Ughhh I hope Mauler Mithel and Backstabber get better art this time around

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Dang. Does Scum have any force users other than Asajj? Edit: and Maul crew I think...

Maul doesn't actually give you a force upgrade, he just lets Ezra take a dark side force upgrade. He would say 'gain a [force icon] slot if he did.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Recoome posted:

Ughhh I hope Mauler Mithel and Backstabber get better art this time around

What was your issue with the art they had in 1.0?

They're shown flying down the DS trench, which is pretty fitting.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

AndyElusive posted:

What was your issue with the art they had in 1.0?

They're shown flying down the DS trench, which is pretty fitting.

The old Backstabber art was a little ehhhhh

I'm glad that the Gold Squadron Vets have really good art now and not just dumb skewed Y-wings

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Recoome posted:

I'm glad that the Gold Squadron Vets have really good art now and not just dumb skewed Y-wings

I never did get around to modding one of my surplus Ys to match the card.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Recoome posted:

Fair enough! I also just looked up that artwork for Backstabber and even the artist who made it wasn't entirely happy with it.

And man, I wish the artist who created Gold Squadron Pilot would come out and explain how high they were when they made that commission for FFG.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Lmao i just looked up the gold squadron pilot art, i can't believe i never noticed how the engines are attached all wonky and insane haha

Where do you read about card art behind the scenes drama? FFG forums?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A bunch of the artists that do commission work for FFG have Deviant Art accounts.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

There's some QA responsibility here, too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

new Article

Only new things spoiled are Ion Cannon Turret and I guess Veteran Turret Gunner, that can only be installed in on ships with mobile firing arcs it seems.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Played my first game of X-wing via TTS yesterday, which was I assume 1.0. Had a lot of fun fielding 7 Black Squadron TIE Fighters. Almost won, too. Next time I want to try Phantoms or Interceptors. Interceptors are the coolest TIE.

I'm excited to hear that TIE swarms will be getting some love in 2.0. Sounds expensive to get into fresh tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I can't believe they doubled the size of the bomb cards and still couldn't find the room to tell you what the bomb does.