Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Okay this is the thing I've been wanting for years and NECA's going to release it at SDCC because they don't have the license to sell them individually or at stores:

7" TMNT movie turtles. Anybody here going to SDCC or can hook me up with a set? I'll make it worth your while. Sex acts included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's an annual SDCC thread here in BSS too you probably want to ask in.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

There's an annual SDCC thread here in BSS too you probably want to ask in.

Nice, I didn't see one after searching, is it up and running yet?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looks like the big one went into archives but someone started a new one.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853396

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Louisgod posted:

Okay this is the thing I've been wanting for years and NECA's going to release it at SDCC because they don't have the license to sell them individually or at stores:

7" TMNT movie turtles. Anybody here going to SDCC or can hook me up with a set? I'll make it worth your while. Sex acts included.

That's awesome. I am happy with my 90s cartoon Turtles I got last year for free due to a goof up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Any news on any other SDCC exclusives we can rage about?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel Legends is going to be some kind of DOFP Sentinel box set.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

Marvel Legends is going to be some kind of DOFP Sentinel box set.

Which I think was originally a Toys R Us exclusive. :rip:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

Which I think was originally a Toys R Us exclusive. :rip:

Which means there will be a fuckload more of them right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hasbro's SDCC exclusives have been sold at Fanexpo Canada as well the last 2 years, which has been cool.

2 years ago I got the Collector set with Lockjaw, and last year I got the Asgard set.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
They usually sell it online, too. I'd bet they might sell at Hascon this year, too.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Indy Magnoli had an extra pair of custom Joker shoes available for 1/3 the regular asking price. What makes these more accurate is they have this custom tooling spiral on the ankle that most others don't. I grabbed them but holy poo poo, they are shiny and pristine:

So I spent a few hours tonight roughing them up and getting them to the more suede look they are supposed to have. I'm pretty happy with the results. These also happen to be just my size, so I'll probably wear them around a bit to get them even more broken in.

And in one of the weirder prop acquisitions I've ever been irrationally excited about, I have the accurate potato peeler to go with the automatic knife:

Also picked up two "original" TDK viral marketing Joker card decks, all 47 cards, with boxes. One of the decks is still sealed in the original plastic wrap. Up until now I'd only had my replica cards, so this is a nice addition.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
couple more

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fuzz posted:

They usually sell it online, too. I'd bet they might sell at Hascon this year, too.

Next Hascon is September 2019.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Did they ever make a figuart or similar figure for Catwoman and Bane from Dark Knight Rises?? I got the NECA Joker from Toys R Us and the figuart Batman for free (I was given the big figuart display when we started closing).

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Rirse posted:

Did they ever make a figuart or similar figure for Catwoman and Bane from Dark Knight Rises?? I got the NECA Joker from Toys R Us and the figuart Batman for free (I was given the big figuart display when we started closing).

MAFEX did Catwoman and Bane, Figuarts did a web exclusive Catwoman and separately a Batpod that she and Baleman can ride on. I think they've shown prototypes of a Bane but nothing for sale yet. Figuarts also did a pretty solid Joker and MAFEX has done a few Jokers at this point including him disguised as a cop IIRC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm watching the Star Trek episode of The Toys that Made Us and it's loving embarassing watching these grown men bitch about toys in the 60's being aimed at loving children. The nerve of those companies.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Rhyno posted:

I'm watching the Star Trek episode of The Toys that Made Us and it's loving embarassing watching these grown men bitch about toys in the 60's being aimed at loving children. The nerve of those companies.

The Transformers episode is unexpectedly heartfelt in places. The Star Trek one is hilarious between the really awful slap-a-sticker-on-poo poo toys of the early years and the indignant nerds.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Does it cover the Spock helmet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zebulon posted:

The Transformers episode is unexpectedly heartfelt in places. The Star Trek one is hilarious between the really awful slap-a-sticker-on-poo poo toys of the early years and the indignant nerds.

Yeah, the TF one was great.

The_Doctor posted:

Does it cover the Spock helmet?

For a moment. Just to mock it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

I had tons of the Playmates figures as a kid, but I can’t imagine an adult collector having any desire to collect anything Star Trek that wasn’t like a Figuarts or some detailed ship model. I have maybe half of the Kenner Star Wars figures, but they’re stylized and iconic and they display well. Who the gently caress wants a display full of Spock helmets or Battle Damage Rikers?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Playmates stuff was out of control. The episode reminded me that Evolved Lizard Person Tom Paris got a loving figure.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

The Playmates stuff was out of control. The episode reminded me that Evolved Lizard Person Tom Paris got a loving figure.

People give the 90’s Hasbro Star Wars lines poo poo for including every single background alien, but Playmates Star Trek would put out insane versions of characters that only appeared for like three scenes in an episode.

I think I had 5 different versions of Picard when I was a kid, each from a different episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

People give the 90’s Hasbro Star Wars lines poo poo for including every single background alien, but Playmates Star Trek would put out insane versions of characters that only appeared for like three scenes in an episode.

I think there's three Geordi's from the episode where he turns into an alien. It's truely bonkers. But man the playsets were incredible. All the EntD sets snapped together to build this massive piece of the ship.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

http://dorkdimension.blogspot.com/2011/05/toy-tribute-geordi-la-forge.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay two but holy poo poo that's a lot of LaForge. Probably twice as many Picards.

One thing I remember was those figure bases were the easy and cheap way to get a screen accurate com badge because they were cast off the actual prop.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Man, I loved those figures when I was a kid, and got a ton of them. Even now when I see them, I get an urge to buy them and you can still pick them up for like $5 each, MOC, at toy shows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah almost all of them can be had cheap except for the ships and play accessories like the phasers. Man that original TNG tricorder was badass.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Okay two but holy poo poo that's a lot of LaForge. Probably twice as many Picards.

It might only be two, but apparently in the episode you only see the brown one for a brief moment when he teleports because they couldn't do the alien light special effect and the teleportation special effect at the same time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

It might only be two, but apparently in the episode you only see the brown one for a brief moment when he teleports because they couldn't do the alien light special effect and the teleportation special effect at the same time.

I just remember how excited my little brother was to get the mail away version. We had it made man, my mom would write a check for any mail away we wanted. And half the time the shipping was almost as much as a second figure but if you ordered TWO the shipping was free so we had doubles of so much stuff.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

Yeah almost all of them can be had cheap except for the ships and play accessories like the phasers. Man that original TNG tricorder was badass.

Yeah, the tricorder was, by far, my favorite (along with the Engineering set that came out with the Generations line). Then one day I was playing at the park, I suddenly had to run home to use the bathroom, and by the time I got back some rear end in a top hat had stolen my tricorder. :argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HOW DID YOU FIND YOUR WAY HOME WITHOUT THE TRICORDERS GPS UNIT

I currently only own a couple com badges from ST09 and Discovery. I really need to get a few more of those. I'd also like to get some Eaglemoss ships at some point.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The tricorder was fantastic. I only found out a year or so ago that they later made a medical tricorder with the scanner that fitted in the top.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
TNG was so much better aesthetically than TOS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

The tricorder was fantastic. I only found out a year or so ago that they later made a medical tricorder with the scanner that fitted in the top.

They made a fuckload of those but we NEVER saw one in stores. But we (well, my brother) had all the weapons and stuff. I recall the shuttlecraft being kind of flimsy. He tried to murder me with the Klingon knife once, that was fun.

Edit: Is there a legit replica of the ST09 phaser? Not the toy, but a decent prop?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Guy Goodbody posted:

TNG was so much better aesthetically than TOS

It’s like watching someone’s weird living room.

TOS is rad colors and creative backdrops. I’ll take that tbh.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

HOW DID YOU FIND YOUR WAY HOME WITHOUT THE TRICORDERS GPS UNIT

I currently only own a couple com badges from ST09 and Discovery. I really need to get a few more of those. I'd also like to get some Eaglemoss ships at some point.

Hit me up when you want Eaglemoss stuff, I’m probably going to sell most of my stuff this summer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hit me up when you want Eaglemoss stuff, I’m probably going to sell most of my stuff this summer.

Oh snap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CelticPredator posted:

It’s like watching someone’s weird living room.

TOS is rad colors and creative backdrops. I’ll take that tbh.

the colors is where TOS shows it's age the most.

Those buttons are all in the colors of the 60s. They loved those weird, slightly wrong yellows and reds and greens. Everything was those colors back then