Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

DNK posted:

It’s difficult to consistently win in the midgame. If your draft ignores the lategame (i.e. doesn’t draft a farm-enabled “carry” and instead picks up a lane dominating “semi-carry”), the odds are against you.

woah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

Oh my god, LD, let me start off by saying I am a huge fan of yours, um, you're my role model, I respect everything that you do in dota 2. I'm actually ecstatic you're even in my skype call man. Dude, you make waking up easy for me, ok?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

gangnam reference posted:

Oh my god, LD, let me start off by saying I am a huge fan of yours, um, you're my role model, I respect everything that you do in dota 2. I'm actually ecstatic you're even in my skype call man. Dude, you make waking up easy for me, ok?

cite your posts

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Another 200 hp for melee rax. why not slap another 10 hp/ sec on there next patch icefrog that'll fix dota

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ambivalent posted:

trivia questions getting harder and harder

lol

roguemenace
Apr 20, 2016
Any advice for how to get people to push midgame in pub games? I'm finding teams will win fights but then not press the advantage before getting outscaled lategame.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

ping the towers

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Type "push" in ally chat then get called a bunch of slurs in broken English.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
"Better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven" - a Sniper about to throw away a midgame lead in an attempt to jungle farm six items before his team loses

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
so is lljk dead ingame for groups? all the cool kids are on discord now?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i dont think there has ever been any cool kids on discord

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

roguemenace posted:

Any advice for how to get people to push midgame in pub games? I'm finding teams will win fights but then not press the advantage before getting outscaled lategame.
have you tried warding your entire own jungle?

yes you will get reported sometimes but it does help move the game along.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Waroduce posted:

so is lljk dead ingame for groups? all the cool kids are on discord now?

people used the ingame channel until dota 2.0 turned them off for a while or something, i forget exactly what happened. no one uses discord either really, and this thread is totally dead as well. i would assume very few goons actually play this game now.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think a lot of people play it but just solo queue or are already nestled into a small group they have played with for years

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I'll sit in lljk whenever I'm on but I'm so rusty these days that I haven't tried to inflict myself on a group.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

being able to complete stuff in turbo mode was the best decision valve has made in years

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
I still play because i'm empty inside.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

IcePhoenix posted:

being able to complete stuff in turbo mode was the best decision valve has made in years

I agree. None of the Plus stuff unfortunately, but I get that.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Turbo mode is fun, unranked mode is fun, cavern crawl is fun

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
mutation mode is fun if you got wraith king and got the items so there is literally a one second window to kill you for good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm tired of support Silencer ruining like half my games it doesn't disable or heal or anything it isn't a support please stop unless you are a pro dota team that actually practices playing with it thank you

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Re-calibration is kinda hilarious. I've seen multiple teammates go from playing in high skill or even very high skill go to playing in normal skill games.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

i calibrated twelve mmr higher than i started

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

TOOT BOOT posted:

Re-calibration is kinda hilarious. I've seen multiple teammates go from playing in high skill or even very high skill go to playing in normal skill games.

I was Legend 3 and lost my first three calibration games and in the fourth game there was a Crusader 1 guy on my team. Calibration ain't loving around.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I might do calibration just to see how incredibly bad I am

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I was Legend 3 and lost my first three calibration games and in the fourth game there was a Crusader 1 guy on my team. Calibration ain't loving around.

:whitewater:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im so bad at dota now that i sure i will calibrate to sewer tier.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i need to train before i calibrate.........

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I say just go crazy because I don't think really how currently skilled you are really matters over the course of a few games just because that's how Dota works. Especially right now since all the skill levels in matchmaking seem real screwy. This is probably a bit Dunning–Kruger but I could have been Dendi and still lost most of my calibration games just because a mid player on the other team seems like he is like 1000+ mmr higher than the one on mine and no help in the world is going to win him that lane.

Like it is annoying that I have to go back up to eventually what I think my level should be, but that would be fine if the games right now didn't suck poo poo. Like almost everything I have played has been real unfun complete one sided stomps.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

lol is that herald aka the lowest ranK? well at least itll be fun to get back to ur rank at 90% winrate

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

In the first 30 hours since recalibration, the matchmaker was overly sensitive on wins and losses and it resulted in players calibrating with bigger gains and losses than intended. We are processing all matches again and will be correcting the rank gains and losses throughout the day. Medals will be appear as undefined for a bit during this process.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Lol we didn't even have mmr in my day everyone was poo poo together

YOU'RE GETTING BOOTED IF YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE MAP

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

rip the olden days

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

lol is that herald aka the lowest ranK? well at least itll be fun to get back to ur rank at 90% winrate
No, that's Crusader (the 3rd rank). You can tell by the number of stars inside the emblem (up to Legend, although the 5 stars in the Legend emblem are a bit obscured).

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

How do I win my Meepo game for cavern when I'm still pretty rusty and also suck at that hero to begin with?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

meteor hammer boots of travel necronomicon. never stop pushing

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
sounds like a fine arc warden build

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

dr.acula posted:

How do I win my Meepo game for cavern when I'm still pretty rusty and also suck at that hero to begin with?

Netherswap it

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

I finally did it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congrats