Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

This one's at least wearable, obscene price aside. Though maybe you have to spend that extra $1300 to look like anything but a survivor of a garment factory explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dixville posted:

This should be ill eagle

I love her

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Just wait until they have a triangle shirtwaist factory fire sale.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I like how the look on every model's face in those clothes is "kill me."

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Was she supposed to make the other side of a heart? I wouldn't do it either. We all know where those hands have been.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

These are the best:

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I like how the look on every model's face in those clothes is "kill me."

:same:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dixville posted:

Was she supposed to make the other side of a heart? I wouldn't do it either. We all know where those hands have been.

It's a meme

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dixville posted:

He's showing what he thinks is the length of his peenor and she's showing what it really looks like

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You're really not supposed to punch like that. You'll hurt your thumb for sure.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

This one's at least wearable, obscene price aside. Though maybe you have to spend that extra $1300 to look like anything but a survivor of a garment factory explosion.

Chyeah if you're relatively slender. On anyone 1 bmi over the average will look like they're toting around their own funeral shroud / circus tent combo.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

http://imgur.com/gallery/B2TFPl2

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

Chyeah if you're relatively slender. On anyone 1 bmi over the average will look like they're toting around their own funeral shroud / circus tent combo.

That model is probably a twig and she already looks frumpy in it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Dixville posted:

At least it's not a black cat that answers to "darkie" or something worse

Though the type of people that name their pets like that probably wouldn't be so apologetic about it

Edit also I DID NAZI THAT CAT ANYWHERE ha

Google the dog from Dambusters

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Dillbag posted:

Google the dog from Dambusters

I expected some racism but I definitely didn't see this coming

edit: oh lord help me

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Yeah, and Lovecraft had a cat named friend of the family-Man.

He wrote the cat into one of his stories, I want to say The Rats in the Walls maybe?

Reading about this dog, apparently there are some who claim to have seen his ghost at the airfield where he's buried. I can't find anything to back up the claim that the dog used in the movie had the same name, but he was a black dog in 1955, so there's a not-insignificant chance.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

He wrote the cat into one of his stories, I want to say The Rats in the Walls maybe?

Reading about this dog, apparently there are some who claim to have seen his ghost at the airfield where he's buried

Yeah, it was Rats in the Walls. The name was changed to Black Tom eventually.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

Man, I *love* regional humor..even when I don't get it and it has to be broken down and explained like an anatomy drawing.

There is a whole section of the internet devoted to hating on Edina. Fascinating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvU_Zhe8tpw

I just moved to Edina, and I hate it.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Reading about this dog, apparently there are some who claim to have seen his ghost at the airfield where he's buried. I can't find anything to back up the claim that the dog used in the movie had the same name, but he was a black dog in 1955, so there's a not-insignificant chance.

I knew about the cat in the story, I didn't realize he had an actual cat with that name. Although it's not surprising, from what I understand he was pretty racist, even for the early 1900s.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

om nom nom posted:

I knew about the cat in the story, I didn't realize he had an actual cat with that name. Although it's not surprising, from what I understand he was pretty racist, even for the early 1900s.

He was nearly as racist as it's possible to be.

Maximum Racist, or Marxist as it's commonly known

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.

Memento posted:

Hell, same.

This chick rules. gently caress the sun.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Bloop posted:

He was nearly as racist as it's possible to be.

Maximum Racist, or Marxist as it's commonly known

You're thinking maxrist. A marxist is someone who is marginally sexist. Common mistake.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Incidentally, tweeting that you discovered something amazing which, in reality, everybody else knows has been going on for the last ten years is the most millennial thing you will ever see in your life. Put this tweet in the Smithsonian too imo.

Then put my post into the Smithsonian because acting like you're better than baby boomers and millennials while having no accomplishments of your own is the most GenX thing you will ever see in your life.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's the Jon Arbucklest thing I ever seen in my life

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Karate Bastard posted:

That's the Jon Arbucklest thing I ever seen in my life

Is that a thing people are saying, or did you just make it up? It’s good.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Honest gut reaction, can't recall I ever heard it. Feels like a thing people should be saying though don't it?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
You should be a professional quote maker. Do you take commissions?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sure! I'm really cheap too. Always give the customer what they paid for, I always say.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Apsykesthewolf/status/1000283257051627521

Karate Bastard posted:

Sure! I'm really cheap too. Always give the customer what they paid for, I always say.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

that is clearly a shirt t-shirt, not a t-shirt shirt.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
No, the shirt is on the t-shirt. You wear the t-shirt not the shirt, therefore t-shirt shirt.

EDIT: Aaaand, it's happened. "Shirt" no longer looks like a word to me.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

No, the shirt is on the t-shirt. You wear the t-shirt not the shirt, therefore t-shirt shirt.

EDIT: Aaaand, it's happened. "Shirt" no longer looks like a word to me.

It says "two wearing options", I think you can wear it as a t-shirt with a shirt stuck to the front, OR as a shirt with a t-shirt stuck to the back.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

hundreds of tiny shirts sewn together like scale armor, each comprised of hundreds of smaller shirts

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Zereth posted:

It says "two wearing options", I think you can wear it as a t-shirt with a shirt stuck to the front, OR as a shirt with a t-shirt stuck to the back.

When you wear it the second way it's the mullet of shirts.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Cape with sleeves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Jumpsuit sans trousers.