Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

PederP posted:

:words:

TL;DR - Object Container Streaming is being sold as a major innovation, but is really just a pile of technical debt and workarounds for being stuck on an old engine branch.

CryEngine and Lumberyard can't do open world. The CIG hacks to enable it anyway make the game a bugfest and impede their ability to handle the mountains of technical debt. This is a crowd-funded death march.

Well yes, I can believe that there may be “technical” reasons why this is impossible. Please just tell me how to reconcile this with my unerring certainty that Chris Roberts is the savior of PC Gaming and building the world’s first quadruple A game. (Explanations involving magic will be entertained if sufficiently convincing...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/Ybtf2cV.gifv

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Tophat posted:

to me

there is only one series of helicopter games on the megadrive

no not super thunderblade

You should know what this is before clicking if you are a goon of culture

That looks kind of neat. If I ever see a used cartridge somewhere I might just pick it up :)

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014

Bofast posted:

That looks kind of neat. If I ever see a used cartridge somewhere I might just pick it up :)

DOS versions exist for both Jungle and Desert strikes and while the music is not as good the graphics are significantly better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUEBVsZ4lzg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0e38LFVBoE

Shame they are not on GOG tho.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Foo Diddley posted:

It was me, I refunded the "big guns"

We'll never take over Star Citizen like we did EVE, sorry everybody

:negative:

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Mr.PayDay posted:

The more months pass the more parts of the Cult wake up. You could recently read Annabell Boo Huxley‘s frustration that more and more criticism can be found in the general board instead of the concern subforum.
There are still enough people with the mindset of that guy I quoted, we still can read proof of denial daily, but the SC development fiasco let more than a few Cultist question the whole project.
They slowly arrive at the point where we were after the July 2015 Blog, of course with different conclusions. But many Cultists stop following the lies of Chris Roberts.

I am wondering how long the German PC Gaming Magazines will keep on shilling and echoing the lies tho.

The cult may be waking up to the criticisms that we have been spouting for years and stop following Chris on his statement, but they are still going to defend the game right to the end if it's still being attacked from us and anyone they have labeled "trolls" in the past. It's "defend your choice of buying a lovely product to your friends after they make fun of you for buying it" defense that's used to stop feeling buyer regrets.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Star Citizen isn't pay2win but Goons will never win because they refunded their cashmoney ships.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bofast posted:

I played this game on the SNES. At one point, I knew every mission inside out, which houses to destroy to get ammo etc. I played the game in a nearly meditative state, similar to how I basically know every Wolfenstein 3D level inside out and every Doom map. I remember knowing every viable configuration of Mechs in Mechwarrior 2 and 3, every default enemy location in Jagged Alliance, and playing tabletop 40k 2nd and 3rd ed without the need of a printed codex in front of me, because I had memorized all the stats. I played all the Jane's simulations on full sim, including 668i Hunter/Killer. My head consisted 100% of information nobody needs.

Then something something happened, and now I am happy I remember how to boot up a PC and which way to the usb a thing goes (haha, of course not).

Getting old sucks.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Saddest Robot posted:

Star Citizen isn't pay2win but Goons will never win because they refunded their cashmoney ships.

And can never buy them again

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

tuo posted:

which way to the usb a thing goes
Don't beat yourself up too much about this.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Bofast posted:

Desert Strike and Jungle Strike were very decent games. I remember renting Desert Strike in the early 90s, but, I never got very far because I wasn't very good at it.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Also, don't forget that pesky Goons will be attacked by law enforcement when they try to grief upstanding Citizens. That is if the Citizens remember to pay the protection fee for their not-at-all-purchased-but-absolutely-homsteaded land and accompanying not-purchased-but-pledge-rewarded ground structures. This is good for Star Citizen and Rob Chrissert.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

PederP posted:

Also, don't forget that pesky Goons will be attacked by law enforcement when they try to grief upstanding Citizens. That is if the Citizens remember to pay the protection fee for their not-at-all-purchased-but-absolutely-homsteaded land and accompanying not-purchased-but-pledge-rewarded ground structures. This is good for Star Citizen and Rob Chrissert.

I tried to convey the subreddit wars that will eventually erupt over mutually exclusive backer expectations about the Homesteader Life / The Bomber Life...

He did not seem to want to have the conversation right now. He may not have yet decided which camp is obviously in the right yet...

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

You goons are going to be grinding your teeth when I fly by in a ship with my 12 best friends and NPCs, off to deliver a crate from A to B. Oh, you're going to attack me? With what? The noob ship? You think a swarm of newbie ships can win? Heh. HEH. :smug:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

MASSIVELYOP: MAKE MY MMO: STAR CITIZEN’S LEGATUS PACK OFFERS 117 SHIPS FOR $27,000 (MAY 26, 2018)

Bree posted:

This week in MMO crowdfunding, Star Citizen’s crowdfunding reached new heights as Cloud Imperium posted the Legatus pack, a huge bundle pack that runs $27,000. That seems ridiculous, but it also includes a ridiculously huge number of ships – 117, in fact, with 163 extras (things like beacons, modules, posters, and additional models). If you’ve already got that much skin in the game, it might be worth consolidating into this package. If you’re new, it might take more effort; forumgoers have posted that the pack is visible only to people who have already paid $1000, so you’ll need to contact CS and tell them you have a pile of money ready to go. With thanks to Cotic for the tip!

Joe Blober is on turboshill overdrive in comments, fighting scam claims and :tinfoil: theories about money laundering.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Why are these people playing multi-player games where space guns are everywhere?

Star Citizer: Any way that is just my two sense

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

I played this game on the SNES. At one point, I knew every mission inside out, which houses to destroy to get ammo etc. I played the game in a nearly meditative state, similar to how I basically know every Wolfenstein 3D level inside out and every Doom map. I remember knowing every viable configuration of Mechs in Mechwarrior 2 and 3, every default enemy location in Jagged Alliance, and playing tabletop 40k 2nd and 3rd ed without the need of a printed codex in front of me, because I had memorized all the stats. I played all the Jane's simulations on full sim, including 668i Hunter/Killer. My head consisted 100% of information nobody needs.

Then something something happened, and now I am happy I remember how to boot up a PC and which way to the usb a thing goes (haha, of course not).

Getting old sucks.

So, like this?

Bofast fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 27, 2018

Twyst
Mar 5, 2005
:O

Star Citizer: it is a doggy dog would out there

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Actually goons will never win because the groundbreaking Star Citizen SUBSUMPTION AI will have access to the full pledge records of all commandos and will inevitably punish those who weren't sufficiently supportive in bringing about its birth. Refundians might as well kill themselves now.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Actually goons will never win because the groundbreaking Star Citizen SUBSUMPTION AI will have access to the full pledge records of all commandos and will inevitably punish those who weren't sufficiently supportive in bringing about its birth. Refundians might as well kill themselves now.

Roko's Basilisk but somehow even dumber

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tooterfish posted:

Don't beat yourself up too much about this.

saved for further use, thank you

usb-what? Zee? We have no Zee around here.... ;O)

seriously, I know there are a shitton of jokes about it, but I catch myself laughing about me again and again when I fail to insert then usb drive two times in a row. I am really looking forward to my life adapting USB c for everything

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

TheCoach posted:

DOS versions exist for both Jungle and Desert strikes and while the music is not as good the graphics are significantly better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUEBVsZ4lzg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0e38LFVBoE

Shame they are not on GOG tho.

:eyepop:

Seeing this is like seeing a HD version or something, wow

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

G0RF posted:

MASSIVELYOP: MAKE MY MMO: STAR CITIZEN’S LEGATUS PACK OFFERS 117 SHIPS FOR $27,000 (MAY 26, 2018)

Joe Blober is on turboshill overdrive in comments, fighting scam claims and :tinfoil: theories about money laundering.

I wonder if he gets paid per post or per word?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bofast posted:

So, like this?

Nah, that's more like when I try to advance my Go level and realize my brain is mostly dead nowadays, mainly there to keep the overall posture upright

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

trucutru posted:

Knight Rider
Airwolf
Blue Thunder
Street Hawk
Automan
Viper
Supertrain
The highwayman

Did I miss any?

Manimal

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
All I know about American food is the two times I've visited there I have the squirts within 24 hours and recover 2 days after getting home.

Fyi this is almost 100% my own fault

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

tuo posted:

saved for further use, thank you

usb-what? Zee? We have no Zee around here.... ;O)

seriously, I know there are a shitton of jokes about it, but I catch myself laughing about me again and again when I fail to insert then usb drive two times in a row. I am really looking forward to my life adapting USB c for everything

I'm extremely relieved that I'm not the only one who constantly has issues with this

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

XK posted:

Desert Strike and Jungle Strike were very decent games. I remember renting Desert Strike in the early 90s, but, I never got very far because I wasn't very good at it.

Desert Strike was the poo poo. I've still got the Sega cart somewhere. Jungle/Urban Strike are decent too. Never did get to play the PS1 era Soviet and Nuclear Strikes though.

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012

Frank_Leroux posted:

Many have already commented, but that won't stop me! Two things:

1) Ben, you ignorant slut! Frank Pepe's white clam pizza in New Haven is the best. Good thing they're a 2-hour drive from me, or I'd look a helluva lot more like :lesnick:
2) I am very manfully resisting the obvious 'Ben, you are the mat' joke. Except I just made it. gently caress.

That guy looks like death warmed over. Why is he eating that when he is deathly obese? I know I'm going to open up this thread one day to find out that Ben has died of a massive heart attack. And totally preventable. Though he does look like he has lost some weight since the infamous 'can't get off the couch' event.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

VealCutlet posted:

All I know about American food is the two times I've visited there I have the squirts within 24 hours and recover 2 days after getting home.

Fyi this is almost 100% my own fault

Was the food actually good? In that case you may have visited Mexico by accident.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
I just want to fly spaceships with my furry friends in a living, breathing doggy dog would.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/1000757511291465730

You sure about that, Lando?

Really?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Is this what an existential crisis looks like live and on display ?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Blue On Blue posted:

It reads like some bullshit someone would put on a CV or cover letter.

"Why yes, I do work well with others! /ticks box"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nebiros posted:

Desert Strike was the poo poo. I've still got the Sega cart somewhere. Jungle/Urban Strike are decent too. Never did get to play the PS1 era Soviet and Nuclear Strikes though.

Never played Soviet, but Nuclear was pretty good. There was also LAPD Future Cop that was originally going to be Future Strike.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Blue On Blue posted:

I don’t get why he’s rocking this particular pose. His tenure as Community Manager was not noteworthy for its facilitation of a two way dialogue with others, as his old quotes show.

A better pose might be “I did it my way. Deal with it.”

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
I have several friends who are big time SC believers, and it’s clear that when this tanks, they will just say it was because it was too beautiful to live, too ambitious for small mortal minds. It’s sickening. They really think Roberts is revolutionizing game development. I mean he is, but not in a positive way.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

G0RF posted:

I don’t get why he’s rocking this particular pose. His tenure as Community Manager was not noteworthy for its facilitation of a two way dialogue with others, as his old quotes show.

A better pose might be “I did it my way. Deal with it.”

I'm on board with the other thoughts that he's going to be looking for a new job soon

He's probably trying to clean up his public facing image, and making it seem more like 'I tried my best!' versus 'I cultivated a poo poo community'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Sunswipe posted:

Never played Soviet, but Nuclear was pretty good. There was also LAPD Future Cop that was originally going to be Future Strike.

I knew I was forgetting one. Makes me wish Brigador had proper helicopters now though. Also go play Brigador you goons, become one with your inner war criminal.