Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol Steve Martin joined the NATs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shorten doubling down

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Cartoon posted:

Something that ALP strategists should probably be factoring into the mix is that, should they win election, all the Neo-con appointees in Border Farce will stop concealing the number of 'turn-backs', 'turn-back' deaths and concealed boat arrives and start leaking it all to the press. This will make it look like the ALP (or ALP & Greens) have 'lost control of our borders just like we said they would'. Any policy that isn't a straight out rejection of the current arrangements is doomed. Forget any humanitarian aspects this is pure strategy.

Literally just night of the long knives the whole loving department.

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Literally just night of the long knives the whole loving department.

I would prefer a royal comission or war crimes tribunal.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Do any governments ever prosecute the party they replace?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

No, because it'll get turned on them next time they're in opposition

see also: federal icac

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

What do you want to prosecute them with?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

JBP posted:

is this a serious question mister premier

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yes.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

lol Steve Martin joined the NATs.

Yeah it's pretty amazing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Like are you proposing that the Labor party strongarm the ICC into prosecuting Australians?

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Funny name for Byzantium you got there Corey.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah it's pretty amazing.

The speech was great, talking about the Nationals coming back in Tasmania with no hint of shame.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Like are you proposing that the Labor party strongarm the ACC into prosecuting Australians?

Different body, and yes.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JBP posted:

Extreme prejudice

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

We might be heading towards a first-time in America after next election.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 28, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

MikeJF posted:

We might be heading towards a first-time in America after next election.

Honestly surprised we haven’t reached it yet after the last one.

I’d be extremely surprised if Democrats have the guts to go after Trump (if they even manage to win)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I watched WrestleMania 5 last night, Trump is America.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Whatever the crime where you intentionally deny medical care to people who need it and are in your care and you intentionally neglect them to death?

That one.

Edit: We all know it's "nothing" based on aboriginals dying in police custody. But lets pretend it's something.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

hooman posted:

Whatever the crime where you intentionally deny medical care to people who need it and are in your care and you intentionally neglect them to death?

That one.

Edit: We all know it's "nothing" based on aboriginals dying in police custody. But lets pretend it's something.

unlikely, seeing as the program has been overseen by both Liberals and Labor.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The Before Times posted:

unlikely, seeing as the program has been overseen by both Liberals and Labor.

Not the program, I mean specifically denying care against the advice of doctors causing death. I'm pretty sure that was a LNP special.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Did die Königskartoffel actually stop people coming for medical treatment or was it the service provider or whatever the gently caress they call G4S, Wilson, etc

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

hooman posted:

Not the program, I mean specifically denying care against the advice of doctors causing death. I'm pretty sure that was a LNP special.

We should probably purge both the ALP and LNP just to be sure we get all the people responsible.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

JBP posted:

Did die Königskartoffel actually stop people coming for medical treatment or was it the service provider or whatever the gently caress they call G4S, Wilson, etc

probably the service provider, but I'm sure that policy is informed by the government/ministers as well.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What if Labor good?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I think Border Force also tends to also fall back on the 'this is a matter for the nauru/png medical system' line.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

What if Labor good?
D-, please show your working out

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
progressive except refugees & palestine

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Birdstrike posted:

progressive except refugees & palestine

and tax cuts, apparently

still can't believe they voted for the government's tax cut plan in the lower loving house

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The Before Times posted:

and tax cuts, apparently

still can't believe they voted for the government's tax cut plan in the lower loving house

Because they aren't against tax cuts for lower income earners and plan to mutate the thing into full communism in the senate?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Because they aren't against tax cuts for lower income earners and plan to mutate the thing into full communism in the senate?
Watch as they do nothing and just pass it anyway.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Anidav posted:

That's stupid. They'll do nothing and pass them because they are gormless fuckwits.

If they wanted to run on a platform of tax cuts they'd vote down the LNP cuts on the basis that they are just helping 'Malcolmn's mates' and then push a tax cut policy that's actually progressive and helps low income earners.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The speech was great, talking about the Nationals coming back in Tasmania with no hint of shame.

Speaking of comebacks.

https://twitter.com/JacquiLambie/status/1000970622413955072

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

And she'll get back in too, because now people have heard of her which will give her a huge advantage

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Anidav posted:

What if Labor good?

I think you're being way too optimistic there, champ.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

"biting at the bit" smh

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's not like there's any other party to believe in these days and the Queensland government is pretty good IMHO.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

I’m so torn about Jacqui Lambie. Her heart’s in the right place with some things (veterans, welfare, healthcare) but she’s loving insane on things like Islam.

Can I be conflicted about that, or is the only answer guillotine / hero of the proletariat?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-28/billionaire-jack-cowin-wants-ubereats-foodora-investigation/9808228

quote:

Jack Cowin, the billionaire owner of Hungry Jacks and chairman of Domino's Pizza, has railed against contract food delivery companies and called on the government to launch an investigation into their practices.
Mr Cowin argues that pay and conditions should be standardised and that operations using workers as "contractors" should pay workers the award rate.
"We have the gig society — where people are contractors who are doing delivery, they don't get employee benefits, they don't get penalty rates, they work on a contract rate which is a lot lower so if someone wants to look at wages that's where they should look, that's where people are being paid less," he told The Business.
"Why should a company that employs someone have to pay long service leave and all the various employee benefits and things like these whereas other people have the pseudo sort of philosophy that this is 'I'm a contractor' but they are fulfilling the same function as the employees at our company."
He believes it is unfair that businesses including Uber Eats, Deliveroo and Foodora do not have to pay workers the same as companies like Domino's.
Last year it was revealed Domino's has been squeezing their franchisees and the franchisees have been underpaying staff to make ends meet

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-27/dominos-employee-speaks-out-on-pressure-from-management/9365904

quote:

Domino's recently asked employees to vote on whether or not to move off casual agreements and onto part-time contracts.
But Mr Petzke told the ABC that one area manager encouraged staff not to cast their vote.
He claimed the manager informed store workers that head office had already decided employees would move onto part-time positions.
"So the words out of her [area manager's] mouth was: 'the agreement's going to go ahead. Basically it's 99 per cent approved, so you don't need to vote'," Mr Petzke said.
From January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Dude McAwesome posted:

I’m so torn about Jacqui Lambie. Her heart’s in the right place with some things (veterans, welfare, healthcare) but she’s loving insane on things like Islam.

Can I be conflicted about that, or is the only answer guillotine / hero of the proletariat?

Agreed. She's better than a Nat, Lib, One Nation or Family First. Her racism is part of the mainstream right parties anyway.

She's not anywhere near as good as Ricky though.

• Locked thread