Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I like the idea of giving knights a stratagem that lets them target characters -OR- D6 damage ap-4 invuln negating saves. Even with 4 per match that's still pretty ridiculous if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chutche2 posted:

Contemptor with 10 wounds and a single shot multimelta is 3 points more than that armiger with a d3 shot multimelta. Sounds balanced.

Now compare it to a Redemptor.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Now compare it to a Redemptor.

My big boy may be severely overcosted but he’s still the pretty one.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm not a big fan of the Imperial Knight designs but drat if that triple-flamethrower doesn't look tasty

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So other than costing way more than they should in both dollars and I assume points is there any particular reason why you never see Centurion Space Marines?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Eifert Posting posted:

So other than costing way more than they should in both dollars and I assume points is there any particular reason why you never see Centurion Space Marines?

They look extremely dumb is my thought.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
They were only ever popular due to being the best platform to take Grav weapons. Now that grav isn’t overpowered nonsense there’s not much use for them.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Eifert Posting posted:

They, alongside the Grey Knight baby carrier, are the dumbest loving space marine models ever conceived of.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

They're really bad and are pretty much the only thing that my knight killed with shooting across 2 games today.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
How much did the Renegade box run for last time it was on sale? I’m thinking about trying to grab one

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Pendent posted:

How much did the Renegade box run for last time it was on sale? I’m thinking about trying to grab one

£120 last time, pretty good vs £85/£95 for a single knight.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
drat, that would be a great deal even without the terrain. I think I should probably hold off ordering all these scouts.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
Hope I'm not too late for Walker Weekend!

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I wonder how those armigers will be packaged. It seems weird to have a separate kit than the warglaives, and if not the people who bought forge bane are kind of screwed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Booyah- posted:

I wonder how those armigers will be packaged. It seems weird to have a separate kit than the warglaives, and if not the people who bought forge bane are kind of screwed.

Honestly I hope that they're packaged together. It's just a few more sprues, makes their logistics easier, and it also means that Forgebane becomes a cheap source of Armiger torsos.

What I'm really hopeful for is that Armigers come in more flavors than "melta/chainsaw" and "dual autocannons". IIRC on the Armiger weapon sprue it's sprue "C", implying there are two other accessory sprues. Ideally you'd be able to change either weapon. If that was the case then 164 for the body and then an extra 20-30 points for each weapon would be viable.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

My big boy may be severely overcosted but he’s still the pretty one.

Abso-loving-lutely. It's a gorgeous model.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I quite like how the Assault Centurions look with the bare heads, but the Devastators look a bit dumb.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

chutche2 posted:

Contemptor with 10 wounds and a single shot multimelta is 3 points more than that armiger with a d3 shot multimelta. Sounds balanced.

To be fair, I don't know that existing dreadnoughts are at the right cost. It's not that big of a deal if a few SM units are overcosted when the overall army is fine, it's a bigger deal when an army is categorically overcosted like Knights.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I just bought a contemptor because walker weekend was inspiring and I’m not even mad about those armiger point costs (because they’re 35 bucks on eBay and I can buy those too)

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Walker Weekend

This Sentinel has a circa 2002 paint job that is up next to be redone in yellow to match the new army colors.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

£120 last time, pretty good vs £85/£95 for a single knight.

Huh. Not the same £95 price point that all the battleboxes, Dark Imperium, Forgebane, and the two 30k boxed games hit?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

No, the box is also about twice as thick and heavy as those games.

I got two of the old one when I had a bunch of store credit and my FLGS had them on clearance. I don't expect to get that lucky again.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

moths posted:

No, the box is also about twice as thick and heavy as those games.

I got two of the old one when I had a bunch of store credit and my FLGS had them on clearance. I don't expect to get that lucky again.

I suppose that's fair. The $150 USD boxes always come to $190 CAD, and a Knight Warden is $188 CAD. "Two Knights plus scenery for two dollars more than one Knight" was probably a bit too much to hope for.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Sneaking my only walker into this weekend. The first and only Dunecrawler I've painted, but I can't wait to do a couple more. They're so cool looking.

It's weapon is fully magnetized, so all four can be swapped around. I also magnetized the Skitarii's head for funsies, cause magnets are cheap on eBay.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Finished up at Plains of War. Wound up placed 2nd with a record of 4-1, losing only to the guy who won it who was playing pure cadian funking guard. Hellhounds supporting imperium herohammer is very good. Next weekend is 2k down at Bugeater, I think I'm going to add a couple manticores to have something so I don't have to charge helhounds with my hammer Bros.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Did some basic color tests for my IG proxies. Which do you guys like better and which do you think would work better on a bunch of tanks? The bronze doesn't work on the left, I may try gold or something different altogether. Open to any suggestions here.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Naramyth posted:

Finished up at Plains of War. Wound up placed 2nd with a record of 4-1, losing only to the guy who won it who was playing pure cadian funking guard. Hellhounds supporting imperium herohammer is very good. Next weekend is 2k down at Bugeater, I think I'm going to add a couple manticores to have something so I don't have to charge helhounds with my hammer Bros.

Well done man. That list sounds brutal and loving hilarious to play.

The weekend is officially over now (although it's a 3-dayer here in the UK thanks to the late May bank holiday). Thanks everyone for the fantastic response to Walker Weekend - I didn't anticipate that we'd get even a tenth of the awesome posts we did. Goons have some brilliant looking walkers strolling around the battlefields of the 41st (and 31st) millennium.

I have a bunch of other theme ideas floating around. In the interests of not running this poo poo into the ground I'll try and space them out a bit. One I will throw out there now though is Army August - take some shots of your whole collection of whatever faction you like. The reason for bringing this up now is to give everyone some advance notice to build and paint anything in the backlog - plus find some time and space to lay everything out. Here's looking forward to it!

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I missed out on it last time, so I’m tempted to pick up the Renegade box. And those new Dominus Knights sure are pretty. I was pretty salty that Chaos still gets gently caress all even though it wouldn’t take much effort and would boost sales, but I’m mostly at peace with that now.

I don’t care about competitiveness, my nascent Imperial collection is very much model driven, but how fluffy would a Deathwatch / Knight combo be? Not very would be my initial guess - Deathwatch are all about being more spec ops than a laser eye clinic, so a Knight seems a bit unwieldy. But are there examples in the fluff of it that I could look too for inspiration? I could go down the soup list and have a Knight with Ad-Mech/explorator fleet who are scouring Xenos worlds for Xenos archeotech to study, and obviously Deathwatch would have an interest in helping with that - the Skitarri range grew on me when I realised they’re meant to be caravan protectors. But pure Deathwatch / Knight combo - any fluff justifications.

There’s lots of Knights / Monoliths / whatever running around in my group so I’m not too worried about being a git.

If anyone wants to talk me out of adding to my backlog, that would be welcome too.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Naramyth posted:

Hopefully I'll see you at the Bugeater!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

mango sentinel posted:

Did some basic color tests for my IG proxies. Which do you guys like better and which do you think would work better on a bunch of tanks? The bronze doesn't work on the left, I may try gold or something different altogether. Open to any suggestions here.

Yeah the black and blue looks nice, pops well. The left might work with a darker tan or gold like you said.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

"Taranis: 6+ FNP against Mortal Wounds."

I hope this turns out to be "6+ FNP that also works against Mortal Wounds." It's incredibly situational compared to some of the other stuff on the list.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I was struck by inspiration tonight and painted an entire new Captain model in a single sitting. The spear will be a "counts-as" thunderhammer in game. Looking at the pictures there's a bit of touchup work to do on the left shoulder but overall this is the best miniature I've ever painted. I just wish I had a better lighting setup for pictures.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

moths posted:

"Taranis: 6+ FNP against Mortal Wounds."

I hope this turns out to be "6+ FNP that also works against Mortal Wounds." It's incredibly situational compared to some of the other stuff on the list.

Me too as I painted my Armigers up as Taranis.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pendent posted:

I was struck by inspiration tonight and painted an entire new Captain model in a single sitting. The spear will be a "counts-as" thunderhammer in game. Looking at the pictures there's a bit of touchup work to do on the left shoulder but overall this is the best miniature I've ever painted. I just wish I had a better lighting setup for pictures.

This is loving cool.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How useful is Simple Green on super glue?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Irate Tree posted:

Not really at all. if it's a metal model, you can use Acetone, otherwise, pop it in the freezer overnight, let it return to room temp and see if i you can't break it apart.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good to know, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

whiteshark12
Oct 21, 2010

How that gun even works underwater I don't know, but I bet the answer is magic.

This was added to the Space Marine FAQ recently, I assume there are other people in this thread who have been overlooking this possibility as well. Might be taking a few dev squads in the future.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Have we seen the Knight relics yet?

Feels like in a lot of cases they may as well be the second half of the House doctrine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Irate Tree posted:

If you live in the US a 24h soak in Totally Awesome will weaken superglue joints to where they should be easy to pull apart.