Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im just not a fan of musicals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MizPiz posted:

Besides just being more in shape, there's studies that show regular exercise does a hell of a lot to help maintain and improve your mental health.
If you take "objectively worse" to mean "less healthy" then the statement essentially means "Being less healthy makes you less healthy." So I'm assuming that's not what doverhog meant.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chernabog posted:

Couldn't he just make endless resources and call it done?

Where would you store all these endless resources? What counts as a resource? How would they be distributed?

Genocide is a far less complex logistical challenge.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Probably not an unpopular opinion: when Disney folds the X-Men into the MCU, they need to park multiple dumptrucks full of money on Hugh Jackman's front lawn to keep him playing Wolverine. He's perfect for the role, but has thus far been wasted in FOX'S terrible attempts at a cinematic universe.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

He'll never play Wolverine again and that's a good thing. He's been doing it 20 years and Logan was the perfect send off film and playing the character again in any capacity will be making GBS threads all over a legitimately great film.

Please leave Hugh Jackman alone.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Agent355 posted:

Logan was the perfect send off film and playing the character again in any capacity will be making GBS threads all over a legitimately great film.

Given that it posits an endpoint to a comic book character/setting, it deserves to be poo poo on. If they decide to just ignore that going forward (even with another actor), I'm down for it.

There was one good scene in Logan, and that's when he takes that medicine and becomes Legit Wolverine again. Then it wears off, and he's back to Bad Geriatric Logan.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Pretend I posted that one RLM talking panel video that I can't find a link to.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

MisterBibs posted:

Given that it posits an endpoint to a comic book character/setting, it deserves to be poo poo on. If they decide to just ignore that going forward (even with another actor), I'm down for it.

I'd hoped they'd set up x23 from Logan to be the new wolverine. Fanboys will want man wolverine, but it's legit to the comics to have her take up the identity.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Tiggum posted:

If you take "objectively worse" to mean "less healthy" then the statement essentially means "Being less healthy makes you less healthy." So I'm assuming that's not what doverhog meant.

I meant you are not living up to your potential as a person, no matter what your other achievements are. I was pretty drunk when I made that post and don't really stand behind using the word "objectively".

X23 as the new Wolverine would be cool and they should cast Dafne Keen for the part she was great.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Socrates to one of his disciples named Epigenes:

quote:

Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit. But you cannot see that, if you are careless; for it will not come of its own accord.

He's right. It's not until you work your body into a decent physical shape that you realise how beneficial it is.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That Socrates had some cool ideas. I, as a person who used to not work out at all, and now do, recommend you start doing it too, even if you just wanna post all day. You live inside your body, and can't sever that connection. So why not make your body better?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

doverhog posted:

That Socrates had some cool ideas. I, as a person who used to not work out at all, and now do, recommend you start doing it too, even if you just wanna post all day. You live inside your body, and can't sever that connection. So why not make your body better?

Because it's fun to treat it like a dumpster.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

That post would be a lot more convincing if you hadn't also posted in E/N about how it is not that much fun, in the end.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

doverhog posted:

That post would be a lot more convincing if you hadn't also posted in E/N about how it is not that much fun, in the end.

But in the end, does it really matter?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Nice. :tipshat:

Nothing really matters, yeah. The only meaning is right here, in your own flesh and mind, and soon old age will take away even that. So enjoy it while you can.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are almost no good reasons to call the cops

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

spit on my clit posted:

im just not a fan of musicals

Musicals are the most disappointing form of theatre.

Guy Goodbody posted:

What if there's no cheese on your cheeseburger?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

doverhog posted:

I meant you are not living up to your potential as a person, no matter what your other achievements are. I was pretty drunk when I made that post and don't really stand behind using the word "objectively".

X23 as the new Wolverine would be cool and they should cast Dafne Keen for the part she was great.

I'm not sure how a 'new wolverine' is supposed to work. Like 95% of the character is being an old crotchety nutcase with a particular dark forgotten history. It's not like there's a mantle to pass on, like a Green Lantern or Captain America.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You just need to have adamantium claws and be really angry. They establish that the adamantium slowly kills your body so I imagine she doesn't grow up to be really happy.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

What is the Wolverine? Is it a man, James Howlett? Or is it an idea, a person who cannot die, who has metal bones, who will kill you in frenzy if provoked? I dunno if you saw Logan but X23 had all of that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sassassin posted:

I'm not sure how a 'new wolverine' is supposed to work. Like 95% of the character is being an old crotchety nutcase with a particular dark forgotten history. It's not like there's a mantle to pass on, like a Green Lantern or Captain America.

Wolverine's clone daughter has been the new Wolverine for awhile now

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Well I'm sure as poo poo not gonna shoot anybody myself.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aramek posted:

Yeah, when you call the cops you're basically saying that the situation would be improved by the addition of a guy with a gun will face no legal repercussions for shooting people and has been extensively trained to see everyone as a threat

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, when you call the cops you're basically saying that the situation would be improved by the addition of a guy with a gun will face no legal repercussions for shooting people and has been extensively trained to see everyone as a threat

What would you do if you saw someone breaking into your car?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

I'd tell him to stop doing that.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Right, so only call the cops when State Violence is an acceptable solution to the problem.

Unless you're saying that nobody deserves getting shot, in which case you're a much better person than I, and I admire you for it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aramek posted:

Right, so only call the cops when State Violence is an acceptable solution to the problem.

Unless you're saying that nobody deserves getting shot, in which case you're a much better person than I, and I admire you for it.

You're very confident that the if the cops shoot somebody it won't be you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'd tell him to stop doing that.

so in other words, you'll just accept that you'll never see your car (or the thing he's breaking into the car for) again in your life.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mu Zeta posted:

You just need to have adamantium claws and be really angry. They establish that the adamantium slowly kills your body so I imagine she doesn't grow up to be really happy.

That's the opposite of wolverine's gimmick though, right?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

You're very confident that the if the cops shoot somebody it won't be you.

I endeavor to not have the cops called on me so they don't.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

sassassin posted:

Where would you store all these endless resources? What counts as a resource? How would they be distributed?

Genocide is a far less complex logistical challenge.

There's plenty empty space throughout the universe. He could just spawn a whole bunch of planetary systems with earth-like planets that replenish themselves whenever they run low of whatever.

Complex logistics are really a small price to pay to save half the population.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUUx0jUKxc

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol that’s some “good guy with a gun” level bullshit

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Chernabog posted:

There's plenty empty space throughout the universe. He could just spawn a whole bunch of planetary systems with earth-like planets that replenish themselves whenever they run low of whatever.

Complex logistics are really a small price to pay to save half the population.

If every Earth-like planet in the galaxy has the same population as us you could fit everyone into a handful of Dyson spheres.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

sassassin posted:

That's the opposite of wolverine's gimmick though, right?

How so? It's exactly his gimmick.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mu Zeta posted:

What good would calling the police do? Are you going to ask the criminal to wait around for them to show up?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Aramek posted:

If you're too much of a coward to kill them yourself you deserve to be victimized

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tiggum posted:

What good would calling the police do? Are you going to ask the criminal to wait around for them to show up?

What other course do i have? I'm not going to take a bat and break their legs. Knowing this city, I would probably go to jail for trying to prevent my car from being stolen.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

What other course do i have? I'm not going to take a bat and break their legs. Knowing this city, I would probably go to jail for trying to prevent my car from being stolen.

Death Wish three is not a documentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

How else are you going to even have a chance at getting your stuff/car back? Especially if they steal the car, you want the police to know as soon as possible so they can look for it and arrest the guy. If it's some other valuable they can wait for it to show up in a pawn shop or something. Would you people really just stand there yelling at the guy and then when he leaves with your car/stuff, just shrug and say "well, there's nothing I can do, time to go buy a new car" and move on with your day?