Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You joke, but it's actually not that simple; You'd need to rebuild the Switch to make it work, because the WiiU uses a proprietary wireless connection to stream to the tablet. If you could redesign the Switch's guts to accept a signal through a said wireless connection through its video hardware, and made the "peripheral" a literal WiiU console sans-tablet, you could probably make it work :pseudo:.
I'm struggling to figure out why you typed all this out when you understood that I was just making a joke based on the fact that someone in one of the earlier Switch threads was asking for it to be able to read discs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I am going to buy Mario Tennis Aces.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Yeah, picked up Shovel Knight and started it. Gonna put it down till work/travel this upcoming week.

Might pick up Romancing Saga if anyone here can comment on it. Thought about that Xenowhatsit game but it looks like some Super J style JRPG.

Might grab Kirby. I dunno. Maybe some Steamworld Dig 2.

Steamworld Dig 2 for the money. Great game through and through. It's all over a lil quick, but the Metroidvania gameplay lends itself to multiple playthroughs (even if you feel the need to shelve it for a few months between them.)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

As someone playing Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for a first time it is an amazing game and people who freaked out about it not being Metroid are dumb

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Moving the target in Sushi Strikers is a real challenge. Sometimes it goes where I want it to and other times it does not. Also some of these plates are very similarly colored to one another. I think I will save fifty bucks after that demo.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Finally grabbed the Zelda DLC. Blew myself up on my first attempt but then cleared the first two sets of sword trials without much issue. 1-on-1 combat isn't the game's strong suit, but it was fun after I remembered all the options you have to cheese enemies even in a boxed in room.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

As someone playing Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for a first time it is an amazing game and people who freaked out about it not being Metroid are dumb

I read like everything on the Switch and have never heard anyone make that complaint

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I read like everything on the Switch and have never heard anyone make that complaint

That's because those complaints happened when it was a Wii U game. There were people on the internet upset that Retro's project was that and not a new Metroid.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

And now we have metroids but none by Retro. :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Thank loving god it's not like loving Metroid, what absolute idiot moron would be freaking out because it's not more like loving Metroid jesus CHRIST

edit: Oh I see, freaking out because it's not the incredibly inferior Metroid instead of the objectively infinitely superior Donkey Kong Country. I see now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd rather have a metroid than a DK platformer :shrug:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Metroid is a cool game that a few thousand people enjoy let’s be respectful of their minuscule but vocal numbers

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Metroid is a cool game that a few thousand people enjoy let’s be respectful of their minuscule but vocal numbers

I will never be respectful *makes an X with my arms* DONKEY KONG ISLAND FOREVER

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If nintendo listened to the forum armchair minds, they would've been bankrupt a long time ago

because fans are the dumbest shits at financial things

Captain Ironblood
Nov 9, 2009
Wizard of Legend is good, but could absolutely be so much more. That's my trip report.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They need to release a patch to Metroid Prime 4 day one and not say what it does, but when you get to the end the game and Samus takes off her helmet it's Dixie Kong

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Metroid Kong Country Rammers

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Metrammersoid

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

that one shooty game with the robot man on alien planets

halo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

there are so many games that are Metroid-like, but not many platformers are as good as Tropical Freeze so the tradeoff worked out well for Retro

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Motto posted:

And now we have metroids but none by Retro. :v:

the people who made metroid prime are all working on lackluster sotc ports and stuff anyways

Spellman
May 31, 2011

We have new Metroid games but no new Metroid Other M games...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spellman posted:

We have new Metroid games but no new Metroid Other M games...

Metroid: Other M’s Day

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
A metroid game where the 6'2"-even-out-of-the-armour silent-protagonist valkyrie Samus murders people who try to give her orders. The final boss is Other M Samus.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Well I just cleared normal on Curse of the Moon, and my opinion hasn't changed. great game, well worth 10 bucks. I don't know how this bodes for Ritual of the Night, but the kickstarter has already turned up something worthwhile so maybe that's something to look forward to.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Some dude on Craigslist just sold me his Eshop account with Zelda, Mario, Donkey Kong, Splatoon 2, Bayonetta 2, a few other minor games and $10 in eshop gold points for $50. :snoop:

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Better hope he doesn't scam you and try and say his account was hacked

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

E2M2 posted:

Better hope he doesn't scam you and try and say his account was hacked

My first thought too, seems too good to be true. If I was gonna sell an account with that much stuff on it without any ulterior motive I'd charge at least $150

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

I'd be very surprised if that wasn't a scam. Dude probably hacked Splatoon 2

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Or.... he's hackin u!!!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Tenik posted:

I'd be very surprised if that wasn't a scam. Dude probably hacked Splatoon 2

Ur goin down!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

jokes posted:

Or.... he's hackin u!!!

i'm in
:getin:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/michaelheald/status/1001025737758035969

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This is a common thing that keeps coming out about the indie games released on Switch. And then similar stuff with the WiiU ports. And yet there's for some insane reason still people that are like "why so many ports??"

mawlok
Apr 2, 2017

Anyone else picking up Street Fighter 30th Anniversary? and do we know what time the online pre purchases will unlock?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Went to Toys 'R' Us with the boyfriend today and they didn't have any Switches but they sold me a New 2DS for $120 which wasn't too shabby. I just wanted it for my collection though so I totally prevented a kid from having a 2DS. :twisted:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just found out the previous Mario Tennis game had a feature where the princesses could grow to enormous size and tower over Mario. Is that going to be making a reappearance in the new Mario game?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Is there some way to choose where to save your Switch's downloads? Mine decided to save all of Zelda's DLC and several demos in my SD card. It's a small one so I'd rather just use it for videos and screenshots.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I don't think so. It's a bad feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Yep you can also zoom in on all the princesses feet and take photos of them

• Locked thread