Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Hello all, Fortnite is fun./

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AAB posted:

you all are gonna love the close encounters LTM. all shotguns and jetpacks. I think it is supposed to go live today but I'm not sure other than "soon"

The sky bridge gamemode... it's unexpectedly fun. We had a sky bridge entering the last few circles but it eventually got destroyed, so we flew onto another team's sky bridge, kill them and won the game as the circle closes and the rest of the survivors were on the ground.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Shotgun mode is so chill, you can heal out in the open and run around to your hearts content

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Kiranamos posted:

Shotgun mode is so chill, you can heal out in the open and run around to your hearts content

Lies

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
whoa i actually won a build battle, holy poo poo

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

My solution to a build battle is just to build randomly until they're confused and then sit under a roof and wait. It's (not) very effective.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Unless I play with goons with Battle Passes, I won't be able to reach level 80 before the season end so add me to your friend lists please: Azran GG

(This applies to non-BP havers as well)

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I think I have you on my list already and I do have a BP. I'm bad but getting better, my name on epic is PizzaParty 4 one

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I got 28 troll llamas, had to delete a lot of stuff to make space. And now all vbucks I get, I put into BR.

I hardly play BR,only STW, but I am already level 84 from these vbucks. No idea whats the final hero like, it will probably be a lame hero.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Is discord still the best place to find parties?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
gently caress this loving wailing woods challenge. gently caress most of the challenges this week actually, these have been extremely unfun.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

prom candy posted:

I think I have you on my list already and I do have a BP. I'm bad but getting better, my name on epic is PizzaParty 4 one

prom candy posted:

whoa i actually won a build battle, holy poo poo

Dude, you've already launched yourself into a higher teir of skill level!! Trust me!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I just died 5th because I jumped off my super high base, double tapped jump, and then remembered midair that i dropped my jetpack for a port-a-fort two towns back.

edit: one thing i really like about this game is that aside from the deaths where it's just oops your chest had a grey burst and the guy who landed right next to you got a pump it's really easy to look at what happened and learn from your mistakes. like, for example, not realizing what's in your inventory.

prom candy fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 27, 2018

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Tei posted:

I hardly play BR,only STW, but I am already level 84 from these vbucks. No idea whats the final hero like, it will probably be a lame hero.

For the battle pass? that hero is Omega and has a style variant like Carbide does based on your SEASON level. Carbide maxes out at like, 60 or 65, Omega is level 80

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
Just like Carbide I like the "naked" one best :jihad:

Also, I just started playing this game last weekend and holy moly is there a learning curve to this poo poo. I'm on console fwiw and it feels like there's a million and 1 things to learn :ohdear:

Also, also, is hit reg hosed cause I swear sometimes I use the pump and headshot some one for 9 and then a random flailing blast nets me 150+ :iiam:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Squiggles Unite posted:

Just like Carbide I like the "naked" one best :jihad:

Also, I just started playing this game last weekend and holy moly is there a learning curve to this poo poo. I'm on console fwiw and it feels like there's a million and 1 things to learn :ohdear:

Also, also, is hit reg hosed cause I swear sometimes I use the pump and headshot some one for 9 and then a random flailing blast nets me 150+ :iiam:

That is just pump shotguns.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

prom candy posted:

gently caress this loving wailing woods challenge. gently caress most of the challenges this week actually, these have been extremely unfun.

Amazingly I got a 50v50 where no one jumped there early in the week, it was a godsend.

Also good to know I already have you! :)

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

That is just pump shotguns.

Unfortunate :bahgawd:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Most people try to beeline to the fort in Wailing and thus ignore the chest that often spawns next to the campsite just northwest of it. That's what I used to accrue most of my challenge credit. There's a few other chests on the periphery like that.

The other obnoxious challenges for this week came down to pulling the slot machine lever on 50v50 until the planets aligned.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Can you just open the same chest over and over?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prom candy posted:

Can you just open the same chest over and over?

Yes.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the tree fort to the northeast also counts for the wailing woods challenge, and it is 100% empty every game

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Just go for the chests than spawn around the outer rim of Wailing Woods. You can get a couple per go.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Well gently caress, I keep finding new ways to be bad at this game. That simplifies things a bit.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prom candy posted:

Well gently caress, I keep finding new ways to be bad at this game. That simplifies things a bit.

Yeah my solution to chest challenges is to make coffee and spam the location for like twenty minutes, that’s usually more than enough.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
StW folks: is there some accepted wisdom about how to use gold?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

If there's something you want, buy it? The cap is 5k and gold comes from almost all missions and trash llamas, so don't worry about hoarding too much.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
As with almost everything in STW, you don't go out to get it, it just happens to you by accident. I'd suggest buying Legendary Flux, Perk Materials, and whatever weapons pass through the event shop since they're often unique.

Beyond that, it's up to you because the two or three devs left working on the game have no idea how to manage currencies.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

LuciferMorningstar posted:

When they have a hero in the event store I like to see if it's a reskin of another one I already have. If it is (like it's a Pathfinder outlander, for example) I won't consider it a high priority unless I want two (for bonus slotting) or I like the skin. I try to buy weapons as they go through the store if they're unique and look fun. I watch a lot of A1Getdismoney's videos where he tries out heroes and weapons because he plays a ton and levels them up so you can get a good idea. Other than that, Flux is a good buy to get stuff from rare to epic or epic to legendary, especially now that you can upgrade schematics as well as heroes.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

It's also cheaper to flux upgrade a hero than buy the legendary or epic one with gold. You usually have to be patient and wait a few days though, because you're capped on daily buys for flux.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

mrmcd posted:

It's also cheaper to flux upgrade a hero than buy the legendary or epic one with gold. You usually have to be patient and wait a few days though, because you're capped on daily buys for flux.

They pumped up the fluxbuying, so you can get a hero to Legendary every 2 weeks (buy 50 flux a week).
Still, what they need to tweak is the flux cost of everything else. Guns costing 100 is atrocious.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
What I'm getting out of this is "prioritize stockpiling flux" since you can only acquire so much it over a certain amount of time. Then buy unique stuff that looks interesting or other account resources as needed to not cap out on gold.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
They're adding rideable shopping carts to BR

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Also I vastly lowered my sensitivity and i like it a lot.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

prom candy posted:

They're adding rideable shopping carts to BR

That’s gonna be dope

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

So, Epic is randomly emailing codes to people who play and live in LA for the Pro-Am tournament. I plan on going to E3 but don't live in LA, are their any goons who got the email but aren't going to go who wouldn't mind giving up their code?

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
I discovered the secret to the Wailing Woods chest challenge:

Chests in the fox count as WW chests.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
There's 3-4 places around the edge of the forest with cars that have chests and no one seems to know about them.

Also, I found 50 v 50 to be a decent place to get a trap kill. During the mega fort ending of the match when there was loot from the dead lying everywhere I picked up a trap then tossed some grenades and ran over to the aftermath, built walls around the person bleeding out to prevent my stupid pubbie squadmates from killing them, and then placed the trap to finish off my victim. I came close several other times before it worked but the main challenge was with squadmates rushing to finish someone off.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Sammus posted:

So, Epic is randomly emailing codes to people who play and live in LA for the Pro-Am tournament. I plan on going to E3 but don't live in LA, are their any goons who got the email but aren't going to go who wouldn't mind giving up their code?

I can't believe they're doing this, unless I'm overthinking this and they aren't doing it because of the lack of sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Can I keep playing my PC account on PS4 or are those platforms separate?