Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Got to the end of kingdom hearts 1.5 and jrpg spacegod is loving me up. Googling a little it looks like I am just underleveled. Feel like I've done everything and dont want to fight mobs to level up.

I can just watch the ending on YouTube I guess, do the rest of the games have a bullshit meatwall? At the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:allears:

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Late to the conversation but every Souls game is great in its own individual way!!!!!!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

psychoJ posted:

Late to the conversation but every Souls game is great in its own individual way!!!!!!!

I thought Two Souls went in a weird direction

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bombadilillo posted:

Got to the end of kingdom hearts 1.5 and jrpg spacegod is loving me up. Googling a little it looks like I am just underleveled. Feel like I've done everything and dont want to fight mobs to level up.

I can just watch the ending on YouTube I guess, do the rest of the games have a bullshit meatwall? At the end?

The end boss in KH1 is one of the easier ones

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sakurazuka posted:

The end boss in KH1 is one of the easier ones

Guess I'm supposed to explore for 20 more hours to git gud.

The monster boss was very tough but I got through with skills. Spaceboat by myself it's just a matter of time til I'm stunlocked

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 28, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've found myself enjoying Detroit far less ironically than I was anticipating.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've downloaded Warframe for PS4. Samuringa or someone else, give me advice on what to do to start it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

psychoJ posted:

Yakuza Dead Souls actually is not that great

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Enjoy! It's probably exactly as you remember, only you don't have to enter two separate menus 30 times each to unlock the Izalith shortcut!

Thank god.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought Two Souls went in a weird direction

There are 3 hunky boys in the game for you to kiss, but 2 of them turn out to be massive shitbags. It's a game of betrayals and intrigue.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I liked the new mechanics they added in Murdered: Soul Suspect

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I've downloaded Warframe for PS4. Samuringa or someone else, give me advice on what to do to start it.

Use the wiki - there are many things the game doesn’t tell you, including a number of hidden mechanics.

All three starter warframes are powerful - Excalibur hits hardest, Volt combines decent offence with literally impenetrable defence and some helpful utility from his speed-boost, and Mag combines useful crowd-control with an unparalleled ability to ruin a single target’s day.

The Plains of Eidolon are deceptively dangerous for how early you can access them. Save them for later and concentrate on the instanced missions.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Have fun. Here's what you can look forward to. :v:

https://twitter.com/TaurusOxford/status/1001175315224330240

On the plus side, I only needed to save scum twice to get the Mask of the Father.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I hate this quest...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6qFGaI2aj0

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh Sieg... hahaha.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just kill all but one then kill the last one after he jumps down if you want the slab.
Or kill them all first so he survives you monster

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

RareAcumen posted:

uh, shoot stuff, sometimes slash them, use cool powers...

I was not expecting someone to actually be encouraged by my postings, I'm just playing it at my own leisure and not really following any guides or stuff

Anyway, let me think of some stuff to make it short:

- The Paris Bow is a great primary weapon but just in case you don't like bows and chose the crappy Braton Rifle instead, there is one that is marginally better available from the store from the beginning, for credits - the in-game currency. Eventually - story wise - you'll get a diagram for the Boltor rifle(And other stuff that I'm still crafting and messing around)

- I picked the Kunai and they were pretty bad, I guess the other pistol would be better? I have PS+ so I've actually been using this AKMAGNUS pistol combo they gave me and it has been carrying me well so far. I got one story pistol and began crafting it yesterday but I don't know if it's ready yet.

- I'm still going around melee weapons but I thought the initial Skana sword was pretty bleh. You'll also get free diagrams for others along the story - I've crafted a Heat Sword with fire elemental damage and a big rear end hammer that's unfortunately too slow for this kind of game - but I'm also wondering about the ones in the market. I'm currently wielding an Ether Sword+Dagger combo that's okay-ish but I'm aiming for one organic, infected sword that looks straight out of God Eater. So far most melee weapons seemed very underwhelming to me.

- There's a weird thing about this game that I don't know if it'll fly over your head like it did with mine - it's a "Gotta go fast Space Ninja kill everyone" game but you also gotta get the resources from the levels you're playing. You don't need to go out of your way and explore aimlessly, but if you're going through a path towards a target, slash all containers and open all lockers in your way(only green lockers can be opened)

- The Kubrow Mission has a lot of requirements and the outcome isn't that great so don't bother with it if it's not your cup of tea. The Sentinel you unlock earlier is much better and it helps you get loot more easily among other stuff.

- I read the Warframe thread and, if you have any Platinum from PS+ or such, the recommended buy option seems to be one Warframe Slot and two Weapon Slots. I still haven't seen anything that's really worth spending your Plat on, I used some to get the Kubrow and it was mostly disappointing. Don't see much of a point in speeding up the Crafting since I got other stuff to level up while it's being made and so far I haven't got problems with the resources.

- Go wild with your Mods, they're plentiful and are will change the early game the most. Never sell them for credits tho, just ain't worth it. I've done some of those "4 old Mods for 1 New one" things but never really got an interesting one and I never had a problem getting Endo either so dissolving them don't seem much useful either. The Waframe thread probably has some spreadsheet or something on which is more useful, I'm just hoarding them.

- I don't know if I'm the only dumbass that got stuck at that point, but after you finish Mercury you gotta go back to Earth and visit Cetus and do some missions around the Eidolons to unlock the second half of the planet and go to Mars. They don't make this an objective or mark it on your map for some reason.

I dunno if that really helps, I'm not an expert, I've just been going around and shooting some dudes :v:

my PSN is SamuringaToo if you want to add me but we probably won't be able to play together due to the high ping from being on different continents

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Samuringa posted:

US account? How do I contact you?

Leave a Steam Account link or PSN Username or something.

Thank you for the code!!!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Warframe is a fun game to just murder things and kinda progress through it.

Might have to reinstall it. Maybe my shotgun is done being made

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s crazy that Warframe is free. It’s such a polished game.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s crazy that Warframe is free. It’s such a polished game.

It certainly didn't start that way. But yeah the way the game is now and it still being free is A+, and DE is just working coooonstantly on it.

How is it on PS4? I think I remember it playing p alright on a gamepad the one time I tried it w/ a pad on PC, but I was running a mainly melee Volt at the time so sticks worked well for that. How's the aiming?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Disgaea 5 is on sale for $20. as someone who loves JRPGs but hasn't played anything from the series, is that a decent enough price? and how hard is it to jump into?

e: also, what's in the season pass?

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 28, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

esperterra posted:

It certainly didn't start that way. But yeah the way the game is now and it still being free is A+, and DE is just working coooonstantly on it.

How is it on PS4? I think I remember it playing p alright on a gamepad the one time I tried it w/ a pad on PC, but I was running a mainly melee Volt at the time so sticks worked well for that. How's the aiming?

Aiming with abilities can be a tad fiddly, but fortunately, most abilities don’t require precise aiming.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Darth Walrus posted:

Aiming with abilities can be a tad fiddly, but fortunately, most abilities don’t require precise aiming.

I just turn the camera to a random spot, cast a Pull and watch all the ragdolls coming my way :v:

verbal enema posted:

Thank you for the code!!!

Oh, it worked, good. Enjoy the game!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Just kill all but one then kill the last one after he jumps down if you want the slab.
Or kill them all first so he survives you monster
Yeah man, I’ve just never actually jumped down before and hoped for the best. I never would’ve expected him to die that quickly. Siegward he ain’t.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

Disgaea 5 is on sale for $20. as someone who loves JRPGs but hasn't played anything from the series, is that a decent enough price? and how hard is it to jump into?

Disgaea is not a jrpg at all, its akin to FF Tactics or FE.
Its also a mess of systems and mechanics nobody thats not into the Series understands really well at first, has a high difficulty ceiling but you can also break the game over your knee.

Its also grindy as gently caress if you dont know what you are doing

also its really anime
Like, flat chested 1000 year old demon girl in skimpy outfit anime.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Disgaea is not a JRPG at all

let me list two JRPGs it is like

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

morallyobjected posted:

I personally was a little disappointed in it after only having played the first one, mostly because the post-game is very linear; there's pretty much only one "right" way to get your team ready for the optional bosses, which represent half the game.

But thinking back, the game's probably 50 his long before you reach that point, and until then it's, surprisingly, extremely varied in how you can grind and pretty fun.

The story is annoying garbage, but it's par for the course.

Definitely worth 20$ if you like animé SRPGs.

If I remember right, DLC is just a bunch of characters from older games. Nothing overpowered, but nothing really unique either. I'd pass.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

esperterra posted:

Disgaea is not a JRPG at all

let me list two JRPGs it is like
Those are SRPGs

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Still JRPGs tho!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nah, JRPG is a specific kind of game, it doesn't just mean "RPG that comes from Japan". Plenty of people that like FF don't like FFT, and vice versa.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
A tactics game is really just a JRPG pretending to be chess, so it’s not that unreasonable. They’re close cousins.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SRPGs are a subset of JRPGs

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

The first part of the big ship when you're all alone right?
It can get rough without Second Chance/Once More if you're on the build that gets those abilities late. Do you have Aeroga? Or at least Aerora? One of them is gotten through all 99 dalmatians and the other's sitting near the start of Neverland near the yellow trinity. It cuts down damage pretty well so if you stock up on Elixirs it should make things a lot more manageable.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

ya when i finally beat sigrun i didn't take a single hit from her

here's a guy taking 0 damage doing it at level 1 (no upgrades etc)

spoiler alert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I68_BdAQmw

The loving balls on this lad.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sakurazuka posted:

SRPGs are a subset of JRPGs

this is my take.

JRPG in general is a super wide category.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sounds like its a completely meaningless term if you're gonna define it that broadly.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Apparently the 20% off code for watching Detroit trailers doesn't work on Playstation network subscriptions. However, it works on your whole order not just one item so I'm looking for games to buy.

I think I just want digital-only games because if it's available on disc I'd rather have it on disc.

So far I got
- Undertale
- Life is Strange
- SOMA

Any more I should try out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you like narrative-heavy games like Life is Strange, SOMA etc. then perhaps you would also enjoy Hellblade, which is also digital-only.