Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hard skip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

He's water? Why?

Also, looks like blue is the best one to pull on since Christmas Robin and Hardin are both really good.

But he doens't even have a new version of Raijinto! Why does he exist?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
New legendary hero is Ryoma going Kinshi Knight. Because that was totally something he could do in Fates, right?

Raijinto: same as on vanilla Ryoma, Distant Counter PRF sword.
Glimmer: not sure if this is an ideal special for him to have, looking at how little damage he does to Xander in the trailer (though it doesn't look like he had his B skill? wtf?)
Kestrel Stance: New EP stance A skill, grants Atk/Spd+4.
Bushido: +10 Special damage as a B skill, PRF. Uninheritable, inferior Wrath.
Guidance 3: They really don't want to let this skill go on a unit summonable below 5★, do they?

I wouldn't write him off so quickly, replacing Raijinto with a Wo Dao and giving him the actual Distant Counter skill could be neat? But other than that, yeah, nothing spectacular outside of Kestrel Stance.

More importantly, is that a new breath on Y!Tiki I see?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The most interesting thing from that banner is Tiki getting a new weappn

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
non-infantry locked wrath :woop:

e: although it's not clear if it's an inheritable skill, technically

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Keep in mind people that we have new heroes next friday. So don't spend your orbs now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

BlazeEmblem posted:

But he doens't even have a new version of Raijinto! Why does he exist?

LIke still has Ragnell too. I think IS is extremely reluctant to power creep the DC weapons. Grima excepted, but I think the Def-targeting thing is just supposed to be a feature of all breath weapons from here on out.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

ungulateman posted:

Probably unique to Ryoma.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

New Ryoma looks silly on that bird and he really doesn't seem like a legendary hero. Not that the whole legendary thing means anything or ever meant anything, but come on

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
well, i give them one thing, not a lot of people predicted this

i'll spend orbs for hardin and gunnthra but i'm not remotely interested in ryoma

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

No interest in this legendary banner, so it's an easy skip. Now I just have to wait until we see who the next new heroes are before I decide whether to chase Charlotte again.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
People didn't try to roll for Ryoma because he was popular, IS

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ryoma's kit actually looks pretty decent but he's still fuckin' Ryoma. The rest of the banner isn't exactly making a splash either. Who the gently caress was clamoring for another chance at Soup Takumi? Sigurd's cool but he's been on like a billion banners at this point. Ytiki desperately needs a new prf or something to make her stand out. Chrom and Robin aren't bad, but giving us the two Christmas armors without bold/vengeful fighter feels a little rude. Hard pass.

Fake edit: Oh, Tiki did have a new breath? That's cool, good.for her. I already have her, though, so still a hard pass.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

They should have given him a cool lightning bow.

Honestly seems like Kinshi Hinoka should have been the legendary hero, she had a lot mroe going for her.

Tae posted:

I want FGrima so badly, but those other colorless are so awful...

In NY takumi's defense, his weapon is the same as the barb shuriken. So if you want to use a dagger with it and don't want to waste a Kaze, it's there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Blarg Pity Breaker Delthea. I guess free Deathblow?

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Hot take, new Hinoka should have been the legendary hero.

I guess the legendary hero title doesn't matter much at all, but I like Hinoka.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I'm probably going to snipe blues and greys from the legend banner. This is the first chance I've had to roll for Hardin, and NY!Takumi would save me having to decapitate a B!Sanaki.

ungulateman posted:

e: although it's not clear if it's an inheritable skill, technically

White rim around the skill icon means PRF. Bushido is definitely locked to Kinshi!Ryoma.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Tae posted:

Blarg Pity Breaker Delthea. I guess free Deathblow?

Delthea still makes a pretty solid support unit for melee dorks, though?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I already have a Delthea, who I don't use because my blue mage nowadays is my +1 Lute, VLyn, or FMorgan

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I already have a Delthea, who I don't use because my blue mage nowadays is my +1 Lute, VLyn, or FMorgan

Why not make her into a +1 Delthea then

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Welp, no Tharja but I got my second 5* Luke of the week

hooorayyyy

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

wow this is a lame legendary banner. I think I'm just going to get one unit on it and then try to get a couple of bride sanakis so I can make someone a really good buffbot

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
They've burned through all the good units

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

A breakdown of each color:

Red: Legendary Ryoma, Young Tiki, and Sigurd.
Ryoma is a flying distant counter unit with a +10 damage on skill activation b skill. Okay, but doesn't really bring anything to the table, since it is unlikely it will be inheritable.
Young Tiki is currently not as good as her adult version, but the video looks like she has a new weapon, so she is here to have her available before the update where she gets it.
Sigurd is good, but has been on a bunch of banners, so he isn't that rare.

Blue: Fjorm, Christmas Robin, and Hardin
You have Fjorm already.
Christmas Robin has good stats and Armor march, making him a good unit to both use and inherit from.
Hardin is the same, but give Bold Fighter. Really great.

Green: Gunnthra, Christmas Chrom, and New Years Azura
Gunnthra is all about reducing the opponents stats, then hitting them with her anti-blade tome.
Christmas Chrom has... brazen attack and defense? That's on a 4 star unit now.
NY Azura is a flying dancer, so she is useful if you didn't get Bride Ninian.

Colourless: Female Grima, New years Takumi, and Innes
Female Grima is really good, being a flying dragon that doesn't have flying weaknesses.
NY Takumi is a dagger unit that has the same effect as Kaze, who you got two free units of. Don't bother.
Innes has cancel affinity. I guess Raven tomes and Lyon needed a counter?

Blue is the best, followed by green, then red and colourless are a tie for third. You might want to skip this one, and get the new Ryoma on the next Legendary banner.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

They've burned through all the good units

Still no Reinhardt legendary.

Or Nino alt.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Someone talk me out of rolling for Colourless Robin

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Christmas Chrom has the second lowest speed of any armor unit. He's one of the best candidates for Vengeful/Bold Fighter, since he's green Effie, but with a higher BST and a more min-maxed spread. Admittedly, he is still pretty poor SI. Fjorm is important if you are on the edge of any arena tier. The cutoffs during Fjorm bonus unit weeks tend to be nuts, so more Fjorm merges can be critical.

I'm still probably going to skip this banner unless Y!Tiki has a crazy good new weapon.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Tae posted:

If you're gonna fodder her (a perfectly fine decision if she's a dupe), at least set it up so you can inherit drive atk at the same time. That skill's still 5* locked if I'm not mistaken, unlike all the other drives.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wouldn't care if he was the best and strongest unit in the game, I loving hate Ryoma on every level.

I'll pull on one blue or colourless orb and then never look back.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'd pull red on this to put merges on YTiki and Sigurd, but my rule is to not go below 200 orbs on bait banners and I only have 80 stashed so

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This legendary banner selection is pretty meh

Blue looks like the only color worth pulling from, the others are cluttered with poor SI units like WChrom and YTiki

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Gonna try for Hardin or C!Robin. There's probably some decent blue fodder I could use anyway.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ryoma being the new Legendary makes absolutely no sense - especially with him randomly being a Kinshi Knight which can't even use swords! Plus L!Ephraim already fills out the Water Legendary slot for my dragon team - in a better color too.

Will probably do pulls on Blue though as I'm hunting for Fjorms to merge, and I certainly wouldn't mind adding Hardin to my roster while trying to do that.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The real appeal of pulling on Chrom is so you can give other axe units a giant bag of gifts to hit people with.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ryoma looks dumb but there's no red male fliers so I'm morally obligated to pull for him.

Im pulling for anything but red this month though, since this red SI is garbage.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Lord Koth posted:

Plus L!Ephraim already fills out the Water Legendary slot for my dragon team - in a better color too.

But Ephraim is fire? :confused:

Also prepare your orbs next month for the C!Tharja and NY!Camilla tag team extravaganza on red in that legendary banner.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Lmao I didnt even notice that wrath has the special cooldown -1. No wonder everyone uses it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Someone talk me out of rolling for Colourless Robin

there's really no reason not to on legendary banners

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

Lmao I didnt even notice that wrath has the special cooldown -1. No wonder everyone uses it.

It's not quite the same at the slaying weapon effect. At the beginning of each turn, if you meet the HP requirement, your current cooldown goes down by one (just like quickened pulse does for turn one only). The +10 damage is also dependent on the HP threshold, I believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Emalde posted:

But Ephraim is fire? :confused:

Also prepare your orbs next month for the C!Tharja and NY!Camilla tag team extravaganza on red in that legendary banner.

...Oh, right. Was mixing up his color with element. Still the choice for my dragon team since Fire boosts Def though.

And I'm still amazed we have both Valter and Narcian, who are like the exact same lovely enemy in terms of personality - just in different games - and are still missing popular male fliers like Haar. Then again Elincia is still the only flier (not counting the new Sanaki, since she wasn't in the game) we have out of PoR/RD, so who knows what's going on there.