Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Tiny dots or completely blank fretboards are cool. Regular dots just look cheap to me as I get older.

I have atrocious taste though; I'm this close to putting fake binding and a fake tree-of-life inlay on my Tele.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Do eeeeeet.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like the BC Rich diamond inlays or regular ole dots. The electrical tape inlays on some fender basses has started to grow on me, I used to dislike it.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I lile a blank fretboard with dots on the side of the neck. Annoying when youre trying to show someone riffs tho!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

field balm posted:

I lile a blank fretboard with dots on the side of the neck. Annoying when youre trying to show someone riffs tho!

what, you don't hang out only with people with perfect pitch and golden ears who immediately can tell what key you're in and what every note is on every string?

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Hamer boomerangs own.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

hexwren posted:

what, you don't hang out only with people with perfect pitch and golden ears who immediately can tell what key you're in and what every note is on every string?

'What key is this song in?'

'Were a melodeath band. Its b minor, same as always mate'

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Or the guy that makes you write tabs when you say youll just show him the riffs. Then you get to practice and he hasnt looked at the tab and makes you show him the bits anyway. Gee I'm glad i spent half an hour typing numbers instead of doing literally anything else!

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
My old guitar tutor's main instrument had a blank fretboard. Absolute nightmare as a beginner figuring out what note he was playing. Especially as he always mutes the other strings with spare fingers curved in a similar way to the ones that are pressing the strings down so you've got four choices even when he's not doing a three string barre with his index, or is it just muting with the edge of his finger?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

...and the pitch! posted:

Starting to dislike shark tooth fret inlays.

They're cool on real dark ebony fretboards if you want an expensive ironic shredder.

They look like complete trash on anything else.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’ve wanted that since I saw the video of him with it

Post is just me with a lot more money and less confidence issues lol

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

hexwren posted:

true story me and a buddy recently tried to figure out what the monty python “jarring chord” is from when the Spanish Inquisition shows up

his wife has perfect pitch and we think we got it, it’s DEF#A#DEF♮A♮D

that was a hell of a thing to figure out lemme tell u

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Louis Vuitton with the Gucci guitar
Johnny Ryall-- who do you think you are?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

You want your guitar rare or well done? :barf:

fartzone_42069
Oct 11, 2009

Chrpno posted:

Here's 40,000 matches to light it with.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Snake inlay for life.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Go dragon or go home
http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/post/prs_in_musical_instrument_museums_dragons_vines_exhibit

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fzA455 posted:

Here's 40,000 matches to light it with.

I think that's super cool and it took some serious craftsmanship to make such a dorky guitar.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think that's super cool and it took some serious craftsmanship to make such a dorky guitar.

The effort is impressive.

fartzone_42069
Oct 11, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah. Said he's been working on it since 1998... So "stupid" music poo poo is up debate for sure. I think it's cool..he could have spent that time murdering people instead.

Seemed to go well with that mis-steak of a guitar above.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Chrpno posted:

looks like something out of an old primus video

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Where is the gum wall guitar.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I can't even begin to guess who the audience for this thing is.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol that rules.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Reference posted:

I can't even begin to guess who the audience for this thing is.

someone who needs to switch to a harmon mute really fast i guess

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Continuing the theme of "products built for no one": A pickup ring with a built-in tuner. Because, uh... because, I guess.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.
Because my Miku Stomp wasn't bad enough I picked up the official Vocaloid keytar. It's... oddly tasteful by keytar standards, and my only complaint is that it lacks the more over-the-top goofy design you'd expect on a keytar. Next up I gotta get myself an overseas account to get the app to program in new lyrics, voices and settings for it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anime Reference posted:

Continuing the theme of "products built for no one": A pickup ring with a built-in tuner. Because, uh... because, I guess.

This legit owns, and I just bought one.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

stillvisions posted:

Because my Miku Stomp wasn't bad enough I picked up the official Vocaloid keytar. It's... oddly tasteful by keytar standards, and my only complaint is that it lacks the more over-the-top goofy design you'd expect on a keytar. Next up I gotta get myself an overseas account to get the app to program in new lyrics, voices and settings for it.

When you say the words "vocaloid" and "keytar" at me I immediately picture a garish pink and teal nightmare. This Bauhaus look is... honestly a little disappointing.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Anime Reference posted:

That’s pretty rad, way easier to install than an onboard tuner if you want one.

I don’t, but it’s still neat!

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Anime Reference posted:

actually I would use the poo poo out of this to tune backstage because I hate having to find a place to stash a clip-on tuner before I go on

edit: although I'd install it in the neck pickup because my sweat will eventually kill it

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I wonder how you change the battery. Cursory googling did not give me the answer.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I bought something Stupid, but I don't have the photos yet... look forward to pointing, laughing and calling me a dumb shithead in about... 8 hours?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ok.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

perfect, just enough time to do my stretches

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Wark Say posted:

I bought something Stupid, but I don't have the photos yet... look forward to pointing, laughing and calling me a dumb shithead in about... 8 hours?

I mean, we can start early if you want, but that costs extra.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wark Say posted:

I bet I’m going to like it

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm stupid and forgot to put my photos up on imgur. :shobon:

In the meantime, can I admit that, while I think most mashups can be considered either ok-average-to-loving-awful, but that Fugazi x Wu-Tang Clan's Mashup's album is one of the best things I've heard in my life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6TQa1iCNEc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

I wonder how you change the battery. Cursory googling did not give me the answer.

The battery is one of those watch batteries that you house in the hollowed out area for the wires/knobs and poo poo, so you just open that to swap it out.