Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie has stated multiple times he would sell out the human race for impractical things

Being an Elon Musk fanboy shouldn't be a surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bikindok
May 3, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Oh god, Woolie is an Elon Musk fanboy
How could that possibly surprise you? Woolie's been very upfront with his Cool Tech>Human Lives opinions for a while, man.

EDIT: Beaten.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

TaurusOxford posted:

The androids only costing 8 grand is loving ludicrous. I can't even fathom how something that advanced could get that cheap.

Isn't it $8k used? Maybe androids depreciate like luxury cars and a new one costs like $40k.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The only one of the three who is more or less consistently socially-aware is Pat. Woolie and Matt can be huge foot in mouth generators.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
They're gonna get some real mileage out of that flowchart thing, aren't they? :allears:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So is Pat even going to be playing cause he killed Conner

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

He literally picked the idiot-proof character.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bikindok posted:

How could that possibly surprise you? Woolie's been very upfront with his Cool Tech>Human Lives opinions for a while, man.

EDIT: Beaten.

I mean, I support Cool Tech in the hypothetical too, but once we see the actual poo poo we get in the real world, it's a whole different matter to be all "this is totally worth it!"

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

So is Pat even going to be playing cause he killed Conner

what do you mean, his mission was success

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So I assume that hostage negotiation bit is gonna be the "one actual good scene" bingo square cause it all seems downhill from there.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It took a moment to realize why the second flow chart had Pat explode into laughter but when it hit, woof.

WampaLord posted:

I mean, I support Cool Tech in the hypothetical too, but once we see the actual poo poo we get in the real world, it's a whole different matter to be all "this is totally worth it!"
Counterpoint; I wouldn't cross paths with a man who launched a car into space.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Elon musk is an epic bacon internet dude who's really into rockabilly culture.

What I'm saying basically any of the best friends could probably beat him.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So onto bingo; does trying the failsafe and the failsafe not working count as "Why no Failsafe?" cause otherwise, discounting the demo, this is a bit of a dud.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I think I might actually put watching the Let's Play on hold and play Detroit for myself after watching that first episode. Even though the story might be Cagey trash, that world design looks really cool and I want to look around it.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
This stresses the robot!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Isn't it $8k used? Maybe androids depreciate like luxury cars and a new one costs like $40k.

Pretty sure top of the line was 8K that an employee was trying to upsale. Another model was 5 and I didnt catch the price on pre-owned.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

"Yes, Woolie. That white girl with the short, brown hair is cute"

Pat digging in hard.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I think I might actually put watching the Let's Play on hold and play Detroit for myself after watching that first episode. Even though the story might be Cagey trash, that world design looks really cool and I want to look around it.

Do not give $60 to David cage.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Sadness V: The Saddening doesn't deserve this absolutely gorgeous GITS intro

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Radio Paranoia posted:

Sadness V: The Saddening doesn't deserve this absolutely gorgeous GITS intro

VoltaBass is a treasure

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pretty sure top of the line was 8K that an employee was trying to upsale. Another model was 5 and I didnt catch the price on pre-owned.

One of the magazines said $899 iirc

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Welp, so much for TMS getting booted. I wonder how long we'll have to wait again for story progression in God of War.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

TaurusOxford posted:

Welp, so much for TMS getting booted. I wonder how long we'll have to wait again for story progression in God of War.

Maybe tonight if they really are going to just swap between the three instead of putting Detroit as an always 9pm video.

I kinda hope Detroit is always 9pm but for some reason I think they're doing the other thing

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ConanThe3rd posted:

One of the magazines said $899 iirc

loving christ.

That's a month of labor in a lovely job for a fully automated android you can stick into virtually any job. No sick days, no chance of the robot being a horrible sub-human being that falls asleep in the restroom and manages to crack the toilet with his head. What the gently caress is the cost of living, then? If automation is this advance and piss-cheap then technology in general should be hyper affordable. I can see explanations for that boiling down to Capitalism Is lovely, but i'm gonna wait and see Cage explain this in his own dumb way.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

i'm gonna wait and see Cage explain this in his own dumb way.

*Ron Howard voice*

He won't

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also remember that this is 20 years in the future. So 900 dollars is 900 future money.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tae posted:

Also remember that this is 20 years in the future. So 900 dollars is 900 future money.

That's loving crazy. It means that an android costs about as much as a mid range TV in today's money. A good gaming PC rig would set you back more than a fully sapient robot in this world.

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 30, 2018

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Meanwhile

Plot!

RUN AWAY FROM THE PLOT

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

were you really expecting him to back away from that

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Soon as he got the chisel stone I’m like yeah goodbye plot

when he was like that was easy and he’s very close to red health I’m like yeah she’s considered the easy one just wait til you get to the others.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Burkion posted:

Meanwhile

Plot!

RUN AWAY FROM THE PLOT

Shindragon posted:

Soon as he got the chisel stone I’m like yeah goodbye plot

God dammit Pat...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I mean, they did do a plot boss fight, there was progression made in the story at least.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
True, and they did very much enjoy how hyped that fight was.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eh, they could've waited a week or they could've done it now. At least the game's here now. Otherwise they'd know to beeline to chapter ten so you get the fast travel upgrade so you can go anywhere with it instead of just Brok's shop.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm just skipping several videos until people start saying plot happens, but I definitely missed something. In what episode did Mimir show up?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

nerdman42 posted:

I'm just skipping several videos until people start saying plot happens, but I definitely missed something. In what episode did Mimir show up?

He showed up in episode watch the LP if you wanna watch the LP

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

nerdman42 posted:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I've been rewatching the KOTOR LP and it's much more enjoyable when it's all there, and not every other day or sometimes even months apart.

The Gendohardin saga is improved when I'm not waiting between 4 LPs

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

of course its the first episode I skipped. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

I've been rewatching the KOTOR LP and it's much more enjoyable when it's all there, and not every other day or sometimes even months apart.

The Gendohardin saga is improved when I'm not waiting between 4 LPs

I've said it in webcomic and Agents of Shield threads many times.

No piece of media has ever been improved by having to wait to see more of it. Imagine watching ten minutes of a movie every weekend. Or reading a half a page of a book every six weeks.