Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm tired of all these star wars.
Someone needs to sign a Star Treaty for everybody to enjoy a Star Armistice.

(they are much more like Star Battles anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I just want a Dash Rendar movie.

And where's my Kyle Katarn movie?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

ol qwerty bastard posted:

And where's my Kyle Katarn movie?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CD-ROM INTO THE DRIVE. IT’S STAR WARS: DARK FORCES 2: JEDI KNIGHT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, KYLE KATARN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME DARK JEDI BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS IMPERIAL FACILITY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERECS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I didn't know cats came double-muscled as well.

https://i.imgur.com/jLPN4gB.mp4

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

still waiting for a Jizz Wailer biopic

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That thing can probably pounce at light speed.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
People take these movies too seriously whether they like them or hate them.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento posted:

absolute unit

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

ol qwerty bastard posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CD-ROM INTO THE DRIVE. IT’S STAR WARS: DARK FORCES 2: JEDI KNIGHT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, KYLE KATARN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME DARK JEDI BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS IMPERIAL FACILITY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERECS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng
I just want to say that I appreciate "immature Jerecs" a lot.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Travolta-Cruise hybrid that never saw the light of day

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress I spilled my crows

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

gtfo with your viral advertising, what the hell

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Besides that's clearly Bigfoot from that one Venture Bros episode

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Krankenstyle posted:

gtfo with your viral advertising, what the hell

Not even viral, that's full on branded advertising

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
But I love ineracting with brands!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Considering this is my family's neighborhood I'm pretty sure I'd hear about Hitler the Nazi cat running around.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Not even viral, that's full on branded advertising

ya but i mean in the sense that they put a star war on a plate to get people to share it

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I just want a Dash Rendar movie.

Biplane posted:

still waiting for a Jizz Wailer biopic

Zuckuss or gtfo :colbert:

It's perfect, you can get like 5 more spinoffs from one crappy book, then a disappointing Avengers-style crossover at the end.

In all seriousness, though, there are a few great things from the old EU they nuked that they should save :smith:, including Chewbacca sacrificing himself to save Han's son and having a moon dropped on his head while he roared at it in defiance.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BaronVonVaderham posted:

In all seriousness, though, there are a few great things from the old EU they nuked that they should save :smith:, including Chewbacca sacrificing himself to save Han's son and having a moon dropped on his head while he roared at it in defiance.

No, it was all terrible. That thing you said is terrible. And not a spoiler anymore because it no longer ever has even had happened.

The entire EU was awful. And don't even bring up that stupid blue bad guy, he sucked too.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Zuckuss or gtfo :colbert:
You misspelled Splinter of the Mind's Eye.
Does anybody even remember that? :corsair:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Dash Rendar is too busy doing pro-wrestling on our (Earth's) moon.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Looks just like the kind of guy who does those kinds of thing for fun, I mean some of them

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, it was all terrible. That thing you said is terrible. And not a spoiler anymore because it no longer ever has even had happened.

The entire EU was awful. And don't even bring up that stupid blue bad guy, he sucked too.

They brought the blue dude forward into current canon.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They brought the blue dude forward into current canon.

Mary Poppins?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zopotantor posted:

You misspelled Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

isn't that the one where Luke actually bangs Leia?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Guy Goodbody posted:

gently caress I spilled my crows

bird yells into cup

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

That's not Dash Rendar.

THIS is Dash Rendar.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter posted:

That's not Dash Rendar.

THIS is Dash Rendar.

You say it's not Dash, then post another picture of him?

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

RFC2324 posted:

Yup. It was written before the original film became successful (they were going to release it as a low-budget sequel if it tanked), so before it was established that they were siblings.

Zopotantor posted:

I have a copy on a shelf in the other room :negative:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

RFC2324 posted:

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Yup. It was written before the original film became successful (they were going to release it as a low-budget sequel if it tanked), so before it was established that they were siblings.

They didn't bang. Leia just got tied up a lot, and Luke notices how hot she is. Which to be fair is Alan Dean Foster's typical fare

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://i.imgur.com/9tABG0E.mp4

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

I don’t think so? I know I got my copy of it through the Scholastic Book Club when I was in 5th grade. Seems like I might have remembered that.

I do know that it was implied Luke and Leia were on a trajectory to have a romantic relationship, since either Lucas hadn’t made the “they’re totally twins” plot point yet or just decided not to tell Alan Dean Foster.

Or was that a joke? And if so, what are you doing out of school? I thought summer break for the local school districts didn’t start for at least another week.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Proteus Jones posted:

I don’t think so? I know I got my copy of it through the Scholastic Book Club when I was in 5th grade. Seems like I might have remembered that.

I got "Eyes of the Dragon" by Stephen King from the Scholastic Book Club when I was in 5th grade. I didn't read the majority of the book, but I do remember the whole part about the king's penis was in there.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Iron Crowned posted:

I got "Eyes of the Dragon" by Stephen King from the Scholastic Book Club when I was in 5th grade. I didn't read the majority of the book, but I do remember the whole part about the king's penis was in there.

I thought you were talking about Stephen King's penis for a second and I was very confused...

Edit more like one eyed dragon :laugh:

Dixville has a new favorite as of 21:29 on May 29, 2018

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That raises a very good question, how many times do you think King has drunkenly referred to his hog as The King's Iron?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Memento posted:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Actually that cat does seem to have either really abnormal fat distribution or increased muscle mass. Note how the waist is defined and not a big round ball.
However more people need to see that chart and learn how obese their cat's are so overall I approve of this post.

Edit: For reference here is the range from underweight to obese. A lot of people are so used to seeing fat cats that they think cats in the ideal range are too skinny.

Dixville has a new favorite as of 21:45 on May 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dixville posted:

I thought you were talking about Stephen King's penis for a second and I was very confused...

Edit more like one eyed dragon :laugh:

Stephen King's Wang