Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Mafia controlled construction businesses so I can weaponize my Dump and store it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Jose Mengelez posted:

cant wait to buy a regular old mansion to control all my business from... rather than the nuclear bunker or secret underground facility i already own.

$10m super encrypted new cell phone that lets you manage your businesses on the go

I kinda wish you could do that

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

ElwoodCuse posted:

There are very specific instances where you can min max the stock market in single player if you want to get each your characters $2 billion. Outside of that, no.

Yeah, I know, but there are many online guides claiming you also can do what I said. Just wanted to know if it's typical GTA bullshit or not.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Capn Beeb posted:

$10m super encrypted new cell phone that lets you manage your businesses on the go

I kinda wish you could do that

I just want my map table to show all my offices and apartments and warehouses and bunker and hangar and poo poo

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Mafia controlled construction businesses so I can weaponize my Dump and store it

you can already weaponize your dump by simply eating at taco bell.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

One mechanic I miss is going into the fast food joints to fill your health. That would be cool with drive thrus. Pull up to the window, honk and order

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Jose Mengelez posted:

yank your ethernet cable out for a second (or use session sweeper if you're on pc) when you're stuck in the clouds and it'll drop you into a session alone, then hit "find new session" and it should put you in one in a fraction of the time.

i haven't the faintest clue why this works.

On PC you can also alt-tab out, bring up the resource monitor, suspend the GTA5.exe process for about 10 seconds, resume it, and bang, solo session.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Gentlemen, the most anticipated car has finally arrived:

Just look at the stance on that little rusted shitbox :allears:

Also there's this thing, which is pretty cool, but it's certainly no Lada.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i got a notice saying the jester is for sale too but it's not. there are also new martin missions

e: the first martin mission i tried literally took 2 minutes and paid $30k.
e: these are basically just re-cut source missions, but $30k a pop for 2 minutes in a deluxo, i'll take it
e: at $30k for 2 mins in a deluxo, these missions are a gift. Also 2x bunker sales this week, it should be pretty easy to pile up a couple mil if you want to.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 11:41 on May 29, 2018

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Powershift posted:

i got a notice saying the jester is for sale too but it's not. there are also new martin missions

e: the first martin mission i tried literally took 2 minutes and paid $30k.
e: these are basically just re-cut source missions, but $30k a pop for 2 minutes in a deluxo, i'll take it

are they 2x cash right now or something?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jose Mengelez posted:

are they 2x cash right now or something?

Yes, 2x cash and easy as fuuuuuuuuuuck. Fun too, just mowing through piles of dorks.

e: they're basically just source missions, with "shoot that guy" instead of "grab that box", there's no reason it should be 2 players minimum.
e2: i had to buy 2 so i could make 1 azelow

Powershift fucked around with this message at 12:38 on May 29, 2018

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
How's the community on PS4 these days? I've been playing a couple weeks on the 360 and I've run into a lot of cool people surprisingly. I'm worried when I upgrade it's gonna be nothing but these deluxo whatever things flying around blowing me up every two seconds from what I've been reading

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

g0lbez posted:

How's the community on PS4 these days? I've been playing a couple weeks on the 360 and I've run into a lot of cool people surprisingly. I'm worried when I upgrade it's gonna be nothing but these deluxo whatever things flying around blowing me up every two seconds from what I've been reading

i heard its significantly chiller than xbone, but that's a pretty low bar.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Play in a free aim lobby. Much less griefing and PVP.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I've been grossing 1,680,000 everyday from gunrunning.

Also, is that new car supposed to look like the Datsun 510? This might be the first time in a long while that I buy a land vehicle...

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Rad-daddio posted:

Also, is that new car supposed to look like the Datsun 510?

It is mostly a Lada, but with some Datsun bits too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ayyylmao

Rad-daddio posted:

I've been grossing 1,680,000 everyday from gunrunning.

Also, is that new car supposed to look like the Datsun 510? This might be the first time in a long while that I buy a land vehicle...

It's a lada 2107

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

g0lbez posted:

Are you talking about goons or in general? I haven't played a lot recently but, even when I first started playing this game, I never really had a problem with pubbies on PS4.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I was speaking in general, I would (hopefully) assume the goon community is perfectly fine. Sounds like rando lobbies are not the hellish warzone I was fearing anyway so that's cool. As soon as I grab a PS4 I'll send a request to LLJK

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

ElwoodCuse posted:

Play in a free aim lobby. Much less griefing and PVP.

Funny in hindsight, because I was on last night and the free aim lobbies were full of tryhard griefers looking for hot PVP action.

Also, Dispatch missions are great. Too bad they're mandatory 2+ player missions.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I kinda like the 2 player missions even if the second person isn't 100% necessary sometimes. It's real fun when you get a team-mate you "click" with and end up stomping all over hard mode missions with just the two of you.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

https://twitter.com/WCGamingTweets/status/1003137113154613248

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

eagerly awaiting a drip feed of sturdy horses after the big cattle rustlin' update.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Jose Mengelez posted:

eagerly awaiting a drip feed of sturdy horses after the big cattle rustlin' update.

Your Percheron is too hot to modify

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Posting that tweet made me realize there's no active Red Dead 2 thread.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Tercio posted:

Posting that tweet made me realize there's no active Red Dead 2 thread.

Red Dead Redemption 2: Pre-ordering An Already Dead Horse To Beat

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

coupedeville posted:

Red Dead Redemption 2: Telegrams from Simeon

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
Red Dead Redemption 2: Non-Contact Horse Races (now with 100% less slipstream)

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Red Dead Redemption 2: Dynamiting Someone's Cattle Sale

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Red Dead Redemption 2: Cousin! -(STOP)- Want to play Faro? -(STOP)-

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Red Dead Redemption 2: A chrome horse with a dollar sign branded on its rear end

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

coupedeville posted:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Last night I was loving around with the wardrobe and figured, "hey, wouldn't it be cool to make a Freddy Krueger outfit."

Managed to find everything except a red/black or red/green striped sweater to pull it off, so I grabbed a red turtleneck instead.

Forgot to take pics/screenshots because I am teh dumb.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Still no Jester Classic. They're really dragging this one out.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Apparently the last server update wound up wiping out properties, cars, yachts, cash, etc., on some people's accounts.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Double money and RP on select heists this week.

Here comes the Club update?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

The last couple big ones have had similar signs- ton of double cash & rp modes/heists, big downloads, server work the week before, random banhammer and hosed up cash/cars/properties. You know, the usual R* stuff

You can only own one of each of the MC businesses right?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is it possible to play GTA online but with a closed session so I’m basically solo? I’m interested in sandboxing but not playing with others.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

chaosapiant posted:

Is it possible to play GTA online but with a closed session so I’m basically solo? I’m interested in sandboxing but not playing with others.

If you're on PC look for Session Sweeper, it should do what you're looking for

fake edit: it's a program with a button that freezes your GTA process to kick you into a "solo open" session and another button to lock the ports on your PC that GTA uses to pull new players into your sessions, thus keeping people out. doesn't seem 100% reliable on that front for whatever reason but good enough nine times out of ten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePheenix
Mar 4, 2008

YellerBill posted:

If you're on PC look for Session Sweeper, it should do what you're looking for

fake edit: it's a program with a button that freezes your GTA process to kick you into a "solo open" session and another button to lock the ports on your PC that GTA uses to pull new players into your sessions, thus keeping people out. doesn't seem 100% reliable on that front for whatever reason but good enough nine times out of ten

That doesn't count as "hacking" does it? Also if you invite a friend to your session with that active can they join?