Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's making my brain explode that there is even a company policy on loving emojis. Don't the managers have something that actually means something to worry about?

Eh, it makes sense because we're working with social media. There's a policy for everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

burial posted:

I GUESS YOU DON’T WANT OUR MONEY THIS WILL SERVE YOU RIGHT WHEN YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAVE TO EAT STREET GARBAGE.

I also love the threats to take their business elsewhere when a place doesn’t have something in stock. When it happens to me, I almost always know where they can go to get what they want, but offering that helpful tip typically just results in more indignant yelling because they didn’t want to have to stop at another place (rendering their threat stupid) so I quit bothering.

Boo hoo? I can’t bend reality.

The worst thing is if you run out of something. People will always be all "well can you check in the back?" Sometimes the situation is that I've already checked for that, I know there's a recall so we don't have any, or there's some supply gently caress up that made it so we can't get any. The back of the store is not some magical land where we have infinite everything and all of your dreams can come true. We do the best we can but sometimes we just run out of poo poo for some reason or another. It happens. That's just the world we live in.

The worst for that was that year when the pumpkin crop failed. I was working for a Walmart at the time and there was just nonstop bitching about the lack of pumpkin when it all ran out. Normally we'd order a literal truck load of it and have one of the loading bays be dedicated to just that truck load of pumpkin. If that one ran out we'd order another. Canned pumpkin keeps for years and Americans love their pumpkin pie so it wasn't like there was the slightest possibility of it going to waste. Trust me, we loving know how much pumpkin we're going to sell and I mean, stores sell things. That's what stores do. That's how stores make money so we're going to endeavor to sell all of the pumpkin to people that they want. Hey, you want an entire pallet of the poo poo? OK by us!

But one year the crop failed. We ran out entirely a bit before Thanksgiving (I think? it was some time in November anyway) as did literally every other grocery store in the area. Nobody had any pumpkin. Yet people kept stopping me to ask for some. I'd always say the same thing "no, sorry. The pumpkin crop failed. Everything ran out and we don't have any." Of course then they'd ask "well can you check?" I just did like an hour ago. I'm certain we don't have any. "Maybe a truck came in. Can you order me some?" Well...no. I can't. Trust me if we could get pumpkin we would. I'm not denying it to you because I want to I'm denying it to you because we literally can't get pumpkin right now. It's nothing personal. Normally I'd be happy to sell you an entire truck load of it because that's, you know, my job. We're a store and the only time we're going to deny a sale is if you're asking for something we literally can't do. Right now I literally can't sell you any pumpkin.

Now, most people are rational and understand that sometimes these things happen so what you do is go "oh" and just have a different kind of pie. It really isn't that big of a deal and it isn't like I personally went out and ruined the pumpkin crop just to mess with you. I don't handle the supply chain I just take stuff off trucks and put it on shelves. What happens before the truck is outside of my domain. The thing is, well, notice that I said "most people are rational." Working in a store you have to deal with...special people. Some people would demand to speak with the manager and I'd basically just say "I can do that but my boss will tell you the same thing I did. We don't have any and can't get it." Some people of course still wanted to talk to a manager anyway after that because I guess if you complain enough we will just magically alter reality or something. Boss said the same thing. The GM said the same thing if they wanted to escalate it that far. A few people called corporate who, lo and behold, said the same drat thing! There is no pumpkin! We'd gladly sell you some if we had it but we don't!

The one that really takes the cake though was a lady that started screaming at me about how she just knew that we knew about the pumpkin shortage ahead of time so all the employees bought up all the pumpkin and were storing it in the back. We were all going to make massive profits off of it by selling it on eBay and she demanded that we sell her some god damned pumpkin right loving now. I just kind of stared at her stupidly for a moment, told her I was absolutely certain there wasn't a single can of pumpkin in the building, and walked away.

I'll never understand the people that acted like their holiday dinners were totally, completely, and absolutely ruined because they had to have a different kind of pie.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Mods please change my name to "Pumpkin Scalper"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Some people would demand to speak with the manager and I'd basically just say "I can do that but my boss will tell you the same thing I did. We don't have any and can't get it." Some people of course still wanted to talk to a manager anyway after that because I guess if you complain enough we will just magically alter reality or something. Boss said the same thing. The GM said the same thing if they wanted to escalate it that far. A few people called corporate who, lo and behold, said the same drat thing! There is no pumpkin! We'd gladly sell you some if we had it but we don't!

I think people have conflated two different scenarios in their mind; one where there's a solvable problem that the low-level employees can't or don't have the authority to solve, and one where it's completely out of the business's control. Like, if you buy a defective product and try to return it, the person behind the counter might tell you that they don't accept returns or issue cash refunds but if you escalate it up the chain and make a big enough nuisance of yourself then eventually you will get to someone who will just give you your money back. From this kind of experience people learn that asking for a manager does work, they then just apply that information to the wrong kinds of situations. The checkout staff may not be allowed to issue refunds but they are definitely always allowed to sell you things if those things are available to buy.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

I think people have conflated two different scenarios in their mind; one where there's a solvable problem that the low-level employees can't or don't have the authority to solve, and one where it's completely out of the business's control. Like, if you buy a defective product and try to return it, the person behind the counter might tell you that they don't accept returns or issue cash refunds but if you escalate it up the chain and make a big enough nuisance of yourself then eventually you will get to someone who will just give you your money back. From this kind of experience people learn that asking for a manager does work, they then just apply that information to the wrong kinds of situations. The checkout staff may not be allowed to issue refunds but they are definitely always allowed to sell you things if those things are available to buy.

Ugh...yeah that's one of the worst thing about low-level jobs in America. As a society we've trained people to just complain and be miserable until somebody gives them something free to make them go away. I saw that in retail and I saw that in the restaurant world. The businesses are so terrified of anybody saying anything mean about them that they'll just give away endless free poo poo to shut it up. People, being people, take advantage of that. Demand to see a manager and bitch enough and they'll just give you your money back. So now you have people that just act as nasty and horribly as they want while actively looking for things to complain about because they'll literally get paid to be terrible. It's one thing to say to the low level person "hey you guys messed this up" and ask for it to be fixed because, hey, we're human and we gently caress up but that sort of thing you can be nice about pretty easily. "Hey guy can you fix this mistake you guys made? Great thanks, no big deal. See you next week." Unfortunately bitching about petty poo poo or just making stuff up to complain about gets you free stuff you shouldn't get.

I've actually seen a few people get banned from places for doing that poo poo too often. Unfortunately that doesn't happen nearly as often as it should.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Ugh...yeah that's one of the worst thing about low-level jobs in America. As a society we've trained people to just complain and be miserable until somebody gives them something free to make them go away. I saw that in retail and I saw that in the restaurant world. The businesses are so terrified of anybody saying anything mean about them that they'll just give away endless free poo poo to shut it up. People, being people, take advantage of that. Demand to see a manager and bitch enough and they'll just give you your money back. So now you have people that just act as nasty and horribly as they want while actively looking for things to complain about because they'll literally get paid to be terrible. It's one thing to say to the low level person "hey you guys messed this up" and ask for it to be fixed because, hey, we're human and we gently caress up but that sort of thing you can be nice about pretty easily. "Hey guy can you fix this mistake you guys made? Great thanks, no big deal. See you next week." Unfortunately bitching about petty poo poo or just making stuff up to complain about gets you free stuff you shouldn't get.

I've actually seen a few people get banned from places for doing that poo poo too often. Unfortunately that doesn't happen nearly as often as it should.

In a climate of constant harangues against something or other on social media, it seems service industries could once again get away with not kowtowing to the complainers. I mean, what's the worst they're gonna do? Complain about it on twitter, and then a hundred people will tell them they're stupid and that they're going to start shopping there twice as often to make up for the original poster's boycott?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Brawnfire posted:

In a climate of constant harangues against something or other on social media, it seems service industries could once again get away with not kowtowing to the complainers. I mean, what's the worst they're gonna do? Complain about it on twitter, and then a hundred people will tell them they're stupid and that they're going to start shopping there twice as often to make up for the original poster's boycott?

99.9% of the time somebody that said "I'M NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN!!!" when they didn't get their own way or didn't get something free or whatever would be back within a month. I literally saw people that came in on a weekly basis claim they were never coming back every time. I have no idea why companies pay attention to threats of boycott as they're generally completely empty.

I guess now they're kind of afraid of bad Google or Yelp reviews but even that's been kind of a wet fart.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Honestly, reviews are a wet fart to me because I actually read the 1 star reviews and they're usually pretty petty or a once off failure that can be fixed. You see a majority 5 and 4 star and think "yeah, sure, good spread."

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Parasol Prophet posted:

Eh, it makes sense because we're working with social media. There's a policy for everything.

Also, it's kind of a bikeshedding corollary. lovely managers are afraid of making decisions about important issues because there are actual consequences to making the wrong ones. Emoji Rules, on the other hand, there are no stakes at all, but they still get to flex their little manager muscles and feel like they're in charge of something or someone.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Intoluene posted:

Honestly, reviews are a wet fart to me because I actually read the 1 star reviews and they're usually pretty petty or a once off failure that can be fixed. You see a majority 5 and 4 star and think "yeah, sure, good spread."

Yeah a company with a 4.8 rating is a worse sign than a company with a 3.5.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The best reviews are “everything was amazing except [petty complaint]- ONE STAR”

Last restaurant I cooked at got a rave review that ended up mentioning we didn’t have coke zero or plastic kiddie cups. One star.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The best reviews are “everything was amazing except [petty complaint]- ONE STAR”

Last restaurant I cooked at got a rave review that ended up mentioning we didn’t have coke zero or plastic kiddie cups. One star.

It's even better when there's not even the "except" bit. Everything was fantastic, would recommend to anyone...1 star. I can only imagine some people just don't understand that more stars=better.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

THIS NEW RESTAURANT JUST OPENED AND IS REALLY POPULAR AND WHEN I WALK BY IT SMELLS WONDERFUL. IT IS GENTRIFYING THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND MAKING THE RENT INTOLERABLE. 1 STAR.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

It's even better when there's not even the "except" bit. Everything was fantastic, would recommend to anyone...1 star. I can only imagine some people just don't understand that more stars=better.
Maybe they think they're Michelin reviewers.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Product is great, best I’ve ever had. Amazon was a day late in delivering it. One star.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

"This product I bought was terrible, didn't work, but delivery was quick and [storename] were helpful with returning it: 3 stars."

You're reviewing the product, not the store. Don't give the lovely product that doesn't work 3 stars because the store that sold it did their job.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Reminds me of a grade I got on a paper I wrote in college:

"This was a very well-written paper. You have demonstrated your in-depth understanding of relational databases and your research skills."
Grade: A-

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

ToxicSlurpee posted:

99.9% of the time somebody that said "I'M NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN!!!" when they didn't get their own way or didn't get something free or whatever would be back within a month. I literally saw people that came in on a weekly basis claim they were never coming back every time. I have no idea why companies pay attention to threats of boycott as they're generally completely empty.

I guess now they're kind of afraid of bad Google or Yelp reviews but even that's been kind of a wet fart.

When people used to do that to me when I did phone tech support and customer service I never made an attempt to save the sale. The only power they have is the choice to not buy from us and to tell all their friends. When they would threaten, I would just answer, "That is well within your rights. But I'm not giving you a free computer shipped overnight after your warranty has been expired for 2 years."

When they would threaten to sue, I'd ask them to get a pen so they can right down the correct address to make their attorneys life easier. Also, remind them in which county they have to make the filing in. Gave them the names of the principals, our fax number, and said "When can I expect to see the filing?"

That would always quiet them down. In the end, they realize they're being petty, and they'll let you help them. I suppose with Yelp and Google reviews now, that wouldn't work. People will believe anything they read on Yelp, no matter how wrong it is.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

This product is really well made and does exactly what it's supposed to do. It's made in Italy instead of USA so one star.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

"Byeeeeeeeeeee"

"Don't @ me"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Byeeeeeeeee is especially hilarious after completely missing a point or viciously attacking someone supporting them, making it clear they're never gonna listen to reason now they've dug in. Basically, the "pile on" signal.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's just poo poo posting basically but I guess that's normal for Twitter.

I also don't like the idea of stores having a sale for Memorial Day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably a site where 1 star is the default and they forgot to change it before submitting.

Always make your default 5 stars.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

MightyJoe36 posted:

"This was a very well-written paper. You have demonstrated your in-depth understanding of relational databases and your research skills."

Ooooooh :argh: teachers that refuse to give As made me SO MAD because I was an overachiever so getting A- s drove me nuts.

I was so overachieving I had a 98% in the book section (ie not driving section) of drivers ed, and I filled in the abstinence-only workbook that was the focus of our health class with the answers they wanted to hear. Granted, the former was good, but the latter... :negative:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Thin Privilege posted:

Ooooooh :argh: teachers that refuse to give As made me SO MAD because I was an overachiever so getting A- s drove me nuts.

I was so overachieving I had a 98% in the book section (ie not driving section) of drivers ed, and I filled in the abstinence-only workbook that was the focus of our health class with the answers they wanted to hear. Granted, the former was good, but the latter... :negative:

It's always a sign of a bad teacher when they openly brag about never giving out perfect scores because "perfection is not possible". Getting a 95 when it completely and correctly answers the question never feels good.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I literally had a paper that the teacher kept for an extra month to himself to show all the staff and his family cause he liked it so much and still only got like 98% with a comment like “great paper!” or similar.

It was a high school in the rich suburbs so it was a satirical essay on that.

Also a girl in the class could not wrap her head around what “satire” meant. She spent like 5 min w the teacher before class and he’s like, “do you watch Saturday Night Live” “yes” “what do they do on there?” “....????”

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

It's always a sign of a bad teacher when they openly brag about never giving out perfect scores because "perfection is not possible".
That always shits me because all they're really saying is "I don't understand how this scale works". I used to hear it all the time doing market research surveys.

:phoneb: How would you rate the service you received on a scale of one to ten?
:downs: 8.
:phoneb: OK, so what could they have done better?
:downs: Oh, nothing.
:phoneb: Nothing they could have done better at all, in any way?
:downs: No, nothing. I just never give ten out of ten.

What do they think the purpose of the scale is? Why would it go all the way to ten if you're not supposed to ever give anyone ten? And if you can't think of one single negative thing to say about the experience then why, why, did you give it eight? And if you think I'm making that up or it happened one time or something, you're wrong. It happened constantly. The world is full of people who think that 8/10 is the highest score it should be possible to get for anything ever.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

MightyJoe36 posted:

Also fun was the teacher in high school who marked up my AP American History paper in all kinds of red ink with my grade on the last page: A. On a different paper, she wrote only one thing in red--a name--then proceeded to give me a C. EXPLAIN YOURSELF

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

In the same vein as this, when company internal metrics treat, say, an 8/10 as a Bad Score because they want 10s.

I remember buying my latest phone from an old college friend, and he basically leaned forward and said "if you don't select ~whatever~ or above as my score on this, it's my rear end". Happened enough in other circumstances to stick in my head.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

In the same vein as this, when company internal metrics treat, say, an 8/10 as a Bad Score because they want 10s.

I remember buying my latest phone from an old college friend, and he basically leaned forward and said "if you don't select ~whatever~ or above as my score on this, it's my rear end". Happened enough in other circumstances to stick in my head.

Car dealerships are the worst about this. The last time I bought a car the salesman emailed me a couple times a week to make sure I was looking out for the survey I’d be getting and to see if there was anything else he could do to make sure he’d get perfect scores.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
There was a little paper on the desk at the cell phone store I went to yesterday to change my plan at that said "please rate your sales associate on the following scale" and it had a 0-10 bar graph, and 9-10 were green and said "PASSING" and 0-8 were red and said "FAIL".

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Isn’t uber like this? You have to be above like 4.5 stars or you’re fired? I always feel guilty and hit 5 no matter what.

Currently I’m in an uber with a very attractive female driver, who, unsurprisingly, has 4.98 stars.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
My wife took her car to the dealership for scheduled maintenance and the lady at the front counter was being a huge jerk about whether it was necessary or not and that it should be at mileage xxx instead of xxx # of months. Our maintenance schedule says months though and not miles so I was actually kind of glad there was a sign on her desk that specifically stated that anything less than a 9 out of 10 on their survey was considered a failure.

I don't agree with that kind of policy at all, but I understand the mindset behind it I think. I don't get why they would broadcast it to the customer though. If you're going to do that then why not just have every question be pass/fail? What is even the point of a score out of 10?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Thin Privilege posted:

Isn’t uber like this? You have to be above like 4.5 stars or you’re fired? I always feel guilty and hit 5 no matter what.

Currently I’m in an uber with a very attractive female driver, who, unsurprisingly, has 4.98 stars.
it's market dependant, and usually between 4 and 4.5. it's not immediate however.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

What is even the point of a score out of 10?
Two things: The first is so they can penalise staff they don't like for not getting all tens all the time (or offer bonuses to anyone who does get it to incentivise them but not actually have to pay). The second is so they can say "our customers rate our service 9/10" in their advertising. And they'll go over the low-scoring surveys with a fine-tooth comb to find any reason they can to declare them invalid and throw them out of the aggregate scores so they can maintain that 9/10 overall despite individual employees never seeming to get that high.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

Two things: The first is so they can penalise staff they don't like for not getting all tens all the time (or offer bonuses to anyone who does get it to incentivise them but not actually have to pay). The second is so they can say "our customers rate our service 9/10" in their advertising. And they'll go over the low-scoring surveys with a fine-tooth comb to find any reason they can to declare them invalid and throw them out of the aggregate scores so they can maintain that 9/10 overall despite individual employees never seeming to get that high.

Yeah it's absolutely this. Businesses are increasingly setting impossibly high standards for the rank and file then punishing them for missing. The time to find a new job is absurdly longer than it used to be and there are at least hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of discouraged workers that would just love any chance at all to get back into the work force or underemployed desperate for more hours. So they'll rig the game so you either don't get raises at all or what you do get barely keeps up with inflation. Every now and again they'll randomly fire people because "sorry, 8.74/10 just isn't good enough for us! We care about quality! Also a lady says she might have kind of maybe possibly heard you say 'gently caress' one time so you're fired." Then they can hire some other dingus to do your job for minimum wage and no benefits. There are places that would just love to eliminate all of their full time staff to replace them entirely with part time folks.

It's always a sign of a bad teacher when they openly brag about never giving out perfect scores because "perfection is not possible". Getting a 95 when it completely and correctly answers the question never feels good.

Those teachers are worst because their grading scales are totally arbitrary. They'll never bother telling you exactly how they grade or what the expectations of the assignment are. Then next thing you know there are kids failing the class because :shrug: . The biggest bullshit is "participation points." Most of the time I've had any kind of class with participation being part of your grade it translated to "students I like do better than students I don't like." They're especially bullshit when they're like 1/3 of your grade.

It's like hey teacher, gently caress you. If I know 100% of the subject matter and get a perfect score on every single test and quiz it's completely unacceptable that I might still get a C.

That being said there are exceptions on that one. Art classes come to mind. Of course in that case "participate in the critiques" is very explicitly outlined in the syllabus as part of your grade. In those cases though it's easy to get all those points if you just show up, talk about what you do and don't like about the work being done in the class, and can justify it without sounding like a total clod.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Oh boy, this reminds me of the fact that at one of my recent jobs, our schedules (as in whether we got our requested time, or our second choice, etc) were decided during training based on "test scores, participation and enthusiasm."

There's just something about the little reminders that you're not actually considered a person by your workplace, and probably never will be.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Parasol Prophet posted:

Oh boy, this reminds me of the fact that at one of my recent jobs, our schedules (as in whether we got our requested time, or our second choice, etc) were decided during training based on "test scores, participation and enthusiasm."

There's just something about the little reminders that you're not actually considered a person by your workplace, and probably never will be.

At my pizza job we have random inspections that can happen at any time every 60 days. This means that every few weeks one of the other stores will call us to tell us the inspector was spotted nearby at another store. This causes the manager to go into an absolute panic, screaming at us to fix our uniforms, clean the store top to bottom (during rush, while doing our other duties) and yelling at the pizza makers to make pizza better. All of this hullabaloo is because if you get a perfect rating the manager gets $1,000!

A.) I'm not getting $1,000. Clean the loving oven vent yourself. (I still do it because I like to not be fired.)
B.) There's no way we can keep up the pace of work while also painting doors and polishing light fixtures.
C.) Nobody ever gets a perfect score. Wanna know why? Because then they would have to pay you. There's always something we didn't do right. There's always a way they can finagle us getting aaaaaalmost there. IT'S A CARROT CORPORATE USES TO MANIPULATE YOU.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
If the question is "how likely would you be to recommend us to your friends and family", it's straight up NPS or Net Promoter Score. +1 for a 9 or 10, 0 for 7 or 8, -1 for 6 or below and take the average. It's basically how companies circlejerk compare customer satisfaction with their company.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_Promoter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Same here on the internal employee surveys. Scale of 1-10, 7 is considered "average".

I think they're moving to a 1-5 scale now, where 3 is actually "meets expectations" and 4-5 are two levels of "exceeds expectations". Obviously, everyone is expected to "exceed expectations".