Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Leviathan is fun as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Argas posted:

That's actually a surprise to me.

But they still need matchmaking.

No they don't jfc.
You see the number of thumbless randos you get when you load up a strike, do you really want 5 of those idiots doing a raid?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

No they don't jfc.
You see the number of thumbless randos you get when you load up a strike, do you really want 5 of those idiots doing a raid?

Yes.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes, but only because I'm not dumb enough to join one myself. I just want to hear the stories.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Everybody plays raids lol

That achievement is like 69% unlocked across the game population

36% on psn profiles and that is like the epeen site of playstation fans.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

TBH at its current difficulty, I'd just leave it as a hard mode and let players matchmake for a normal mode. Lots of other MMOs do that. Design the hard mode, simplify it into a normal mode that anyone can just matchmake into. Bam, done. With leviathan it hardly feels necessary because there's no story to it really. At least in TTK, defeating Oryx was the campaign and then finishing him once and for all in the raid was a great capstone. Sure, not all content was tied together in that manner but enough was. Destiny 2...meh.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Argas posted:

TBH at its current difficulty, I'd just leave it as a hard mode and let players matchmake for a normal mode. Lots of other MMOs do that. Design the hard mode, simplify it into a normal mode that anyone can just matchmake into. Bam, done. With leviathan it hardly feels necessary because there's no story to it really. At least in TTK, defeating Oryx was the campaign and then finishing him once and for all in the raid was a great capstone. Sure, not all content was tied together in that manner but enough was. Destiny 2...meh.

Don't bother, this has been posted time and again and the only answer returned by the hivemind is "but Bungie will just destroy their traditional bullshit design to cater to the casual audiences go back to play bejeweled"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

limaCAT posted:

Don't bother, this has been posted time and again and the only answer returned by the hivemind is "but Bungie will just destroy their traditional bullshit design to cater to the casual audiences go back to play bejeweled"

Given that the raids have always been pretty dang cool and strikes with mechanics have been poo from a butt...well, you're not arguing from a good place. Why don't we let them keep doing the one thing they are kinda good at now.

Also, I don't trust bungies ability to make a deec raid that can also be reduced to something fun with randos.

They need to just make a loving wave horde mode already and they can't/won't.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I dunno escalation protocol feels like waves/horde mode to me but I’m not entirely down on my exact video game semantics

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

geonetix posted:

I dunno escalation protocol feels like waves/horde mode to me but I’m not entirely down on my exact video game semantics

It's really hard to say anything good about Escalation Protocol when step 1 is "spend an hour trying to find your 2 buddies in the same Instance"

And the reward structure (5% chance on a reward if you beat the whole thing) is silly

But I feel like it was intentionally designed badly so Bungie can say "But I thought you WANTED difficult, repeatable content!!"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

the good fax machine posted:

Yes, but only because I'm not dumb enough to join one myself. I just want to hear the stories.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Given that the raids have always been pretty dang cool and strikes with mechanics have been poo from a butt... well, you're not arguing from a good place. Why don't we let them keep doing the one thing they are kinda good at now.

Agree. They should have kept strikes like they were in year 1 of Destiny and not added various random modifiers or poo poo to slow them down. People on xbox missed how fun it was the vex strike in the black garden, since once you reached the staircase you just had to open your way supering yellows out of existence. If you didn't super your way and create balls of lights you were doing it wrong.

In any case strikes with mechanics are poo from a butt because you want to finish them asap to farm efficiently whatever thingmajing and gizmos they used to give out. Truth is that they just needed to be tweaked, stuff that they had plenty during vanilla destiny but never had during TtK: case in point: the vex strikes with the gates was good when you reached the boss section. SABER? With that vandal snipers/ogres warsat phase? Yuck.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also, I don't trust bungies ability to make a deec raid that can also be reduced to something fun with randos.

They need to just make a loving wave horde mode already and they can't/won't.

I suspect that the answer to the both two points will be "Nobody will play our lovely raid and people will just write bad words on reddit, see what happened with Prison of Elders which was cool, good, but 3 players only"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I believe anyone on reddit who praises the game is a false account made to shill for the game or stockholm syndrome nerds.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The game is good and you are wrong.

I'm still having fun playing it with friends I've made along the way.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Jim Jones taught us that doing anything with your friends is always good and you are wrong.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Does this game have armour sets? Stuff like Diablo 3 or The Division?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Visually, yes.

Statwise (like set bonuses and stuff), No.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Spanish Manlove posted:

Visually, yes.

wait

hold up

WHY THE FUQ NOT?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Applied to Serious Overchill [SNEK] through the bungie site. I also joined the discord. Never been in a clan, just want some laid back peeps to run strikes and raids. Please smack me if I did it wrong.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 7, 2018

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bust Rodd posted:

wait

hold up

WHY THE FUQ NOT?

you expect fun poo poo without monkey's paw repercussions?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Thanks for the super quick invite!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Invited. Double check and make sure I invited the right Rbunker.

And don’t forget to join the discord! :)

Got the invite, thanks a bunch! I think I'm already in the discord maybe. I'm in one of the discords for destiny 2.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Applied to 2 Chill under username Crodough. Switched from PS4 and hoping for a more active group

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Spanish Manlove posted:

Visually, yes.

Bust Rodd posted:

wait

hold up

WHY THE FUQ NOT?

Spanish Manlove posted:

you expect fun poo poo without monkey's paw repercussions?

It is too late, my friends.

"Guardians now receive mobility, resilience, and/or recovery points only when wearing all 5 pieces of an armor set"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Bust Rodd posted:

WHY THE FUQ NOT?

Because you touch yourself at night.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Also because Bungie decided to drop all the RPG mechanics the game had and spent time to casualize it.

Now they are scrambling to promise "oh yes guys, grind will be more meaningful, soon we will add to Destiny 2 (list of stuff they could have not dropped from the drat loving sequel)".

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!
They need a weapon that destroy cabal armour without damaging them. Cabal penis.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Destiny 1 didn’t have set bonuses either, don’t be disingenuous

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Legs Benedict posted:

Destiny 1 didn’t have set bonuses either, don’t be disingenuous

Destiny 2 can, and should, have features that were not in Destiny 1

IMHO

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Patch Notes. And lol of course Crucible Labs didn’t make it on time.

DESTINY 2 UPDATE 1.2.1
0h - Destiny Dev Team
Events
Faction Rallies
Information concerning Faction Rallies will be made available on 5/31 in the “This Week at Bungie” blog article.

Sandbox

Exotic Armor
Hunter
Mechaneer’s Tricksleeves
While you are critically wounded, swapping to a Sidearm increases its damage (2x in PvE, 1.33x in PvP).

The Dragon’s Shadow
Dodge reloads all weapons simultaneously.
Dodging now also grants +5 mobility for the duration of Wraithmetal Mail, in addition to its previous benefits.
Added a UI indicator for the Wraithmetal Mail buff.

Titan
Lion Rampant
Hipfiring no longer interrupts Lift. Increased hipfire accuracy while airborne.

Synthoceps
Now grants a flat melee damage bonus for 8 seconds when you are surrounded by three or more enemies (3x in PvE, 2x in PvP).
This buff also increases Super damage while active (+50%).

Warlock
Lunafaction Boots
Now allows your Rift to continuously reload weapons while you or allies stand in it.
Empowering Rift grants a boost to weapon range and aim assist.

Sunbracers
Solar melee kills now grant unlimited Solar grenade energy for a short duration.

Weapons
Legendary
Shining Sphere
Replaced Pulse Monitor perk with Quickdraw.
Exotic
Skyburner’s Oath
Fixed an issue that caused this weapon’s sound effects to play too quietly while you are aiming down sights.
SUROS Regime
Fixed an issue where players could not reload while ADS.

Perks
Trench Barrel
Fixed a bug that allowed this perk to activate after making melee attacks on friendly targets.

Exotic Masterworks
MIDA Multi-Tool
The Masterwork catalyst can now be obtained by the most determined competitors in the Crucible.

Activities
Crucible
Crucible Labs
Crucible Labs will allow Guardians to play experimental Crucible content.
Crucible Labs will become available at a later date. Stay tuned to @Bungie on Twitter for announcements.
The Crucible Labs playlist will be active periodically for feedback.

General
Fixed an issue where players would lose Rank Points for leaving a match too soon after the match ends.
Fixed a memory issue that was causing PC players running at low texture quality to frequently hit BEET or KALE errors while loading into 6v6 Iron Banner.
Fixed the space flights of 3+ minutes players experienced while loading into 6v6 Iron Banner that were caused when they hit BEET and KALE errors.

Public Events
Fixed an issue that prevented players from triggering the Heroic “Warsat Down” public event when Shriekers would close too quickly.

Strikes
Removed "Exodus Crash" from Heroic Strike Matchmaking.
Fixed an issue where players could join in-progress and become stuck behind a door in the strike “Exodus Crash.”
Fixed an issue where Heroic strike milestones and quests was not progressing due to Vanguard Boons.
Fixed an issue where players could get stuck joining allies repeatedly in the strike “Lake of Shadows.”
Added a score modifier display on the item detail screen for Nightfall Challenge Cards.
Heroic strikes will now award Escalation Protocol Key Fragments.
Heroic strikes now have a chance (~25%) to award powerful engrams of up to 360 Power.

Raid
Fixed an issue where launching a one-use Super just as you catch the “Spire of Stars” relic would not consume Super energy.
Changed the “Spire of Stars” relic’s time-out splash damage to allow damage to targets.
The raid vendor will now have a unique performance after you have completed “Spire of Stars.”
Fixed an issue where Calus’s shield had greater health than intended.
Updated the Guided Game tooltip to correctly reflect the required Power level to launch.
Robes of Sekris (Warlock raid chest armor) will now display hanging cloth correctly.
The cost of “Spire of Stars” rewards from Benedict 99-40 has been increased to 50 tokens.
Benedict 99-40’s reputation engram will no longer grant weapons.

Warmind Campaign
Fixed an issue where some enemies were granting higher-than-intended XP from the mission “Pilgrimage.”

Eververse
Prismatic Matrix
Fixed an issue where players would see a permanent waypoint over Tess when they had a Prismatic Facet in their character inventory.
Fixed an issue where the Prismatic Matrix icon did not have an indicator when new items were available.
Fixed an issue where the Prismatic Matrix icon was not highlighted when players had a Prismatic Facet in their character inventory.

Clans
Rewards
The Clan XP Milestone now properly grants powerful rewards when it is turned in.
A few players would receive a Clan Banner very frequently. This should be fixed, and now players can discard any Clan Banners at the Postmaster.

Emotes
General
Resolved an issue where some players who owned the “Salute” emote were unable to equip it.
The “Awaken the Warmind” emote no longer displays after the emote has been interrupted.
Flavortext now appears on the emote preview.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Note, the lunafaction boots reload immediately. It's literally ammo dumping. It'll be great(ly depleting all your heavy ammo into calus quick).

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Destiny 2 can, and should, have features that were not in Destiny 1

IMHO

Features like “being good”

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I didn't turn in the weekly powerful clan engram because it was bugged and I heard it would be mailed to me once the weekly stuff reset. It apparently disappeared. RIP. Leveling up without raiding is fun and cool.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Spanish Manlove posted:

I didn't turn in the weekly powerful clan engram because it was bugged and I heard it would be mailed to me once the weekly stuff reset. It apparently disappeared. RIP. Leveling up without raiding is fun and cool.

[places hand reassuringly on your strong shoulders]

This is what happens when you listen to dumb idiots who are wrong.

They autodrecrypt and go directly into your characters' inventories. If your inventory was full, it would go to the postmaster.

Check all your weapon and armor slots and you'll find a high power new item!

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

The items go directly into your inventory no engram. So check your stuff and try to figure out what you didn't have before.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That's even more weird and dumb than it just straight disappearing.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Spanish Manlove posted:

That's even more weird and dumb than it just straight disappearing.

"Newly received items going in to your inventory is more weird and dumb than it straight disappearing"

sorry pal I gotta demote you to

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Dumb [idiot] who [is] wrong.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I expected the engram to pop into my mailbox then it would decrypt when i went to open it.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
drat that's an awesome buff for Dragon's Shadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Crucible labs is just a specialty PVP playlist, it's not some special absurd thing. They will probably just flip it on and off when they have "enough" feedback about something to try it out.

• Locked thread