Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Maybe I went too far say being a good person "unequivocally" won't get you laid, since it could indirectly. Like if it replaces your guilt and shame from being a bad person with confidence, or gets you involved in activism where you meet people, or keeps you out of jail where there are no women

WampaLord posted:

I feel like you don't understand just how much they actively fight good advice.

Like people would come into r/incel go "Hey guys I started showering more and socializing with people and I got laid and I feel way better! There is hope!" and they would be downvoted into oblivion and accused of trolling and whatnot.

Yeah they call it "copes" and anyone who did get laid was never truly an incel to begin with. So yeah ideologically they have specific tools to prevent themselves from being helped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Anime avatar genius

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

He's also got an anime avatar, lol

Speaking of good people, you're not being one right now

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who cares

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

AxGrap posted:

I disagree on that last part, I have friends that I disagree with pretty fundamentaly and we can gently caress with each other about it or just stop talking about it. There non zero is a chance to open up some of their isolation and crack their lovely ideology. I am also comfortable enough with my own beliefs that I won't get pulled more to their side.

that just means you're willing to tolerate their ideology to some extent, that you're willing to treat it as just a "disagreement" that can be put aside and ignored for the sake of maintaining the relationship

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

God does

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm kind of lost in the weeds with where this thread has gone, but as far as I can tell most of the disagreement stems from the inability to deliniate "being a good person/productive member of society" from "being a pushover/people-pleaser/bitch". Regardless of where you draw the line between the two, I think we can agree that the former is a net positive, at least mildly helpful when it comes to finding a mate, and rewarding in its own right; while the latter can absolutely be a turn-off and a liability.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
If I had a wife I'd pork her.

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
Oh I am not suggesting engaging them on their bullshit, just on anything and everything else. Walking away from people if they insist on being offensive is good, but sitting and chatting with people when they are not being offensive even when they believe some hosed poo poo is also good imo.

Yeah people in these situations feed on the attention that they get for their beliefs and fluctuate between martyr and "owning" their opposition. I don't think feeding that is good.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

rudatron posted:

and simply opportunistically seeking a chance 'dunk' on me. Ironically, they've only made themselves look stupid.

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/336048706853937152

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
perchance a dunk on a fair summer's day

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Matt Lindland posted:

If I had a wife I'd pork her.

Lmao clearly you've never been married.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
What tipped it off..? The part where I say I don't have a wife?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Matt Lindland posted:

What tipped it off..? The part where I say I don't have a wife?

No married man wants to pork his wife. fact.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

wizard on a water slide posted:

or to put it another way: that thing you're suggesting bad feminists do (and I don't even disagree that some of them are weird and selfish; they're human beings) is the same thing as saying "these guys need to learn empathy"

nah, that's absolutely not what they're saying- you're conflating correlation/causation and taking the relatively uncontroversial proposition that having a well-developed sense of empathy would make you far more likely to embrace some flavor of feminism and suggesting that adhering to a developed ideology will actually fix someone's basic problems in relating to other humans in a healthy way, which is an extremely dubious proposition (ideologies are hardly all equal, but even good doctrine seems to have quite some difficulty creating good men in a moral sense, much less good men in a functional one)

it's also odd that you move "subordination" to a purely relationship context in your previous post

humans are social animals and (if not necessarily sex) they need healthy forms of connection/intimacy, and if someone can't make those connections it's a real problem in their lives they actually need to address directly - it strikes me as extremely wrongheaded to equate the sacrifices and compromises people make in normal/functioning relationships with a decision to embrace a social/political movement that barely cares to give lip-service to your personal needs and has little in the way of actionable advice over working on your problems directly

e: (I suppose I should have weighted in on the related conversation that started after these original posts, but it had only been a couple pages so seemed easier to address the source than people's interpretations of it)

vv nope vv

LGD has issued a correction as of 23:32 on May 29, 2018

coathat
May 21, 2007

Incels are good.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

WampaLord posted:

I feel like you don't understand just how much they actively fight good advice.

Like people would come into r/incel go "Hey guys I started showering more and socializing with people and I got laid and I feel way better! There is hope!" and they would be downvoted into oblivion and accused of trolling and whatnot.

Inside their own specially-cultivated social space, which as you say encourages constant performative reinforcement of its own dominant ideology, of course they won't take contrary advice. But realistically, individual incels can't maintain that ideological outlook in every moment of their lives (especially given that its conclusions tend toward violent suicide), and so in a different context there may be a chance to meaningfully communicate with them. I probably couldn't do it, but I don't fault someone else for trying.

Also please give Rudatron back the floppy sleeves anime avatar after an appropriate period of time has passed, thank you.

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Yeah they call it "copes" and anyone who did get laid was never truly an incel to begin with. So yeah ideologically they have specific tools to prevent themselves from being helped

They have to persevere their status as victims of a flawed system. In general, any acknowledgement that change is possible by personal perseverance is admitting that you've chosen the situation your in, that it's your fault. They can't face that.
But to say change is impossible leaves them in despair.

I think thats why there are so many hair brained ideas like "my mom should gently caress me" and "legalize rape now!. They're essentially waiting for society to fix their problems

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think we should teach boys the fundamentals of healthy relationships and enthusiastic consent in public school because nobody really is and there’s so many bad sources of information that teach men to be straight up rapists and that might do a great deal

I also think capitalism isolates people structurally and with the internet allows them to intake so much toxic information and ideology on a level like never before. we need to rebuild the public space and destroy the mall as well as foster places for people to find healthy relationships

inceldom is a result of structural issues in our society and is utterly illegitimate, but it cannot be destroyed until we start tackling the core of where it originates from: a society and economy that teaches us all but especially men to see everything and everyone as transactions and resources for exploitation

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
it's deeply embedded in our culture, entertainment, and media, too

"man meets woman, woman dislikes man, man wins woman's heart within an hour through badassery or kindness or harassment (depending on the genre)" is a subplot in like 90% of Hollywood movies

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Main Paineframe posted:

it's deeply embedded in our culture, entertainment, and media, too

"man meets woman, woman dislikes man, man wins woman's heart within an hour through badassery or kindness or harassment (depending on the genre)" is a subplot in like 90% of Hollywood movies

I mean that is how mating works in the animal kingdom.

"female is in heat, males approach, males fight, winning male makes displays to show his good genetics to female, female decides male would give her good babies so lets him gently caress her".

In 1st world countries the "males fight" thing has been taken out, so genetic markers are what females use to determine who to gently caress.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

qkkl posted:

Okay there Jordan Peterson, but we're humans living in the human kingdom, so kindly gently caress off with this natural world bullshit.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

qkkl posted:

"female is in heat, males approach, males fight, winning male makes displays to show his good genetics to female, female decides male would give her good babies so lets him gently caress her".

In 1st world countries the "males fight" thing has been taken out, so genetic markers are what females use to determine who to gently caress.

i show my good genetics by repeatedly demonstrating my loud and proud farts, but it doesn't attract women, so I think you're wrong

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Actually incels are good

https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/989529051600687106?s=19
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/989609021626834945?s=19
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/989609188191023104?s=19
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/989624451431100416?s=19
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/989546085168353280?s=19

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I used to think Incels were good but I was thinking of Terrorist Cells.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

WampaLord posted:

Okay there Jordan Peterson, but we're humans living in the human kingdom, so kindly gently caress off with this natural world bullshit.

actually men should have a 1 in 3 chance of cannibal decapitation after sex like the mantis, it's only natural

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

qkkl posted:

there are a whole loving ton of species that don't do that

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not if you like simple metaphors to explain all of reality to you there aren't

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

White Rock posted:

They have to persevere their status as victims of a flawed system. In general, any acknowledgement that change is possible by personal perseverance is admitting that you've chosen the situation your in, that it's your fault. They can't face that.
But to say change is impossible leaves them in despair.

I think thats why there are so many hair brained ideas like "my mom should gently caress me" and "legalize rape now!. They're essentially waiting for society to fix their problems

Well they really do believe there's nothing they can do and the ideology keeps that belief going

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

I think we should teach boys the fundamentals of healthy relationships and enthusiastic consent in public school because nobody really is and there’s so many bad sources of information that teach men to be straight up rapists and that might do a great deal

I also think capitalism isolates people structurally and with the internet allows them to intake so much toxic information and ideology on a level like never before. we need to rebuild the public space and destroy the mall as well as foster places for people to find healthy relationships

inceldom is a result of structural issues in our society and is utterly illegitimate, but it cannot be destroyed until we start tackling the core of where it originates from: a society and economy that teaches us all but especially men to see everything and everyone as transactions and resources for exploitation

Speaking of people going crazy from their ideologies

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

you have to turn the monitor on jeb

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

qkkl posted:

good lord this post, my face actually scrunched up while reading it like I was smelling dogshit

especially "genetic markers are what females use to determine who to gently caress" holy poo poo

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol my lovely visible genes and complete absence of fighting or violence means I'm definitely not loving says genius incels.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I don't go to bed until I've stabbed a hobo. This makes me extremely attractive to females.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jeb! Repetition posted:

this guy is a MRA btw, if you were confused about why he posts the way he does

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Retromancer posted:

I don't go to bed until I've stabbed a hobo. This makes me extremely attractive to females.

Do you have an ear necklace? :females: love the ear necklace

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

money is a genetic marker ok

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Well they really do believe there's nothing they can do and the ideology keeps that belief going

Yeah, and i think that freeing yourself of responsibility is the main draw of the whole movement. It's why they reject people coming in to tell them how they got out. It implies a choice.

Like you can either realize that the only factor you control is yourself or you can join the "I can't get laid" cult.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

this guy is a MRA btw, if you were confused about why he posts the way he does

Aren't you the guy who said I was a Jordan Peterson fan? Are you just confusing me with someone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Fake news

• Locked thread