Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nanomashoes posted:

Oh btw one of Hellebron's abilities is broken in the early access patch so that the switch that says "stop applying this drain effect" is actually "keep applying this drain effect for double the length" which makes her insanely OP.

I was wondering why she seemed like such a terror in the early access matches I've been watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Here's a video explaining the details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocbkQdq4QLQ

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Whoa, that's absolutely insane. They'll probably fix that quick I imagine.

Also, the Bone Giant clips were removed.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Milkandcookiestw is always fascinating because of his ability to use a dozen words where one would do. I don't hate the guy and I can get behind people making nerdy lore videos(I actually like watching the thematic battles he does a lot), but I'm not entirely sure a video explaining a bug needs to be 17 minutes long and be prefaced with the unit's lore and tabletop stats.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Kanos posted:

Milkandcookiestw is always fascinating because of his ability to use a dozen words where one would do. I don't hate the guy and I can get behind people making nerdy lore videos(I actually like watching the thematic battles he does a lot), but I'm not entirely sure a video explaining a bug needs to be 17 minutes long and be prefaced with the unit's lore and tabletop stats.

As a general rule when it comes to monetizing youtube content the longer the video you put up the more money you get. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that this dude's stuff in unnecessarily lengthy.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Kanos posted:

Yeah. While I appreciate the work that went into figuring out the bug and proving it, this video should have been like 3 minutes long tops. "Here's the bug. Here's how it works. Here's why it probably happened". You don't need 15 minutes of going on about how OP she is. Makes me really miss Maximus Decimus Meridius's breakdown videos.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Turin and Partyelite are the only total war youtube stars you'll ever need.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Turin is really good. He speaks well, doesn't waste your time, and is very good at the game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Turin is the Gallant to milkandcookietw’s Goofus

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Gobbo King is one of my favorites. He's a pretty bad speaker(misreads things/forgets names/etc), but he's a fantastic player and often chooses weird unorthodox builds and kicks rear end with them.

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
So I've been tooling with tww1 before jumping into this new one. However, the drat thing crashes randomly all the time. It can be anywhere from 3 minutes to an hour of game time. Running a laptop (i7-6820 @ 2.7ghz), 16gb ram, with an Nvidia Quadro 620m. Not top of the line but should still run this thing!

Drivers are all updated and I've removed all the nonsense Nvidia includes. Anyone know of a fix or experience similar problems?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Indypride is fiiiiiine, him being a bit wordy is hardly that big of a deal.

I'd also suggest checking out PartyElite as others have, his total breakdowns of multiplayer matches are really good.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Dahvplays is a good watch as well.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Kanos posted:

Gobbo King is one of my favorites. He's a pretty bad speaker(misreads things/forgets names/etc), but he's a fantastic player and often chooses weird unorthodox builds and kicks rear end with them.

Gobbo King is my fave as well.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I really like Turin's tournaments since he manages to get all of the above players involved it results in some drat fun total war.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Gobbo King won that last tournament with a decisive, all-stealh goblin army and for that he is a hero.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
partyelite also talks for-loving-ever before he starts actually playing, at least back when i checked him out

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

botany posted:

partyelite also talks for-loving-ever before he starts actually playing, at least back when i checked him out

:confused:
He goes through army comp and deployment strategies before hitting play, but otherwise it's down to business.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Dahvplays is a good watch as well.

I don't know why, but I can't stand listening to him. I love him as an opponent to Turin, Dahv always puts up a good fight but there's just something about the way he talks that puts me off. I guess he sounds kinda sleepy or something.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Turin is really good at explaining things and walking you through what’s happening. He’s a great caster for tournaments and replays. I love his videos. The right amount of energy, jokes, and game knowledge

Gobbo King is really fun to watch because he plays goofy builds while being very talented. He’s got insane micro and understands the mechanics very well. He’s not the best caster in that, yeah he forgets names and doesn’t fill dead space as well as a “YouTube caster” but he’s got a good personality that makes it more like having your buddy who’s good at a game make a video. Basically he’s not objectively the best caster, but to me subjectively he is.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

fishhooked posted:

So I've been tooling with tww1 before jumping into this new one. However, the drat thing crashes randomly all the time. It can be anywhere from 3 minutes to an hour of game time. Running a laptop (i7-6820 @ 2.7ghz), 16gb ram, with an Nvidia Quadro 620m. Not top of the line but should still run this thing!

Drivers are all updated and I've removed all the nonsense Nvidia includes. Anyone know of a fix or experience similar problems?

Are you playing DX11 or 12?

If its 12, switch to 11.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

fishhooked posted:

I don’t have solutions, but that happened to me in game 1 too. It seems to have abated in 2.

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don’t have solutions, but that happened to me in game 1 too. It seems to have abated in 2.

Can I play the first campaign with the 2nd game? Has the crashimg gone away completely?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Turin and Partyelite are the only total war youtube stars you'll ever need.

I still enjoy the memory I have of mentioning turin on ninjahunds stream and how incredibly salty he got that turin isn't a pro player despite no one talking about that

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

I still enjoy the memory I have of mentioning turin on ninjahunds stream and how incredibly salty he got that turin isn't a pro player despite no one talking about that

Wait, what? Can you elaborate?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I was watching ninjahunds stream

ninjahund was bitching about people counter picking his pick which to me looked like they both took 4 minutes to pick the team they wanted

chat was talking about who else are good streamers to watch

I said turin is fun to watch

ninjahund went on a rant about how turin wasn't pro and why would anyone mention turin

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

fishhooked posted:

Can I play the first campaign with the 2nd game? Has the crashimg gone away completely?

To an extent. If you own both games, Warhammer 2 has the Mortal Empires campaign available, which is like an extended version of the Warhammer 1 campaign map. It's neat, but it has some pretty serious performance issues with turn times. No crashing bugs to my knowledge, but boy oh boy those Mortal Empires turns are long.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I really like all of the Warhams youtube community (Turin, Gobbo, Janet, Dahv, Jontaun, Sotek etc). You can really tell that they're all friends and they bounce well off each other. It's always a good video when they're fighting each other and testing out crazy builds.

Blackiron's tournament also got me into Bloodbowl, and I'm dying to play it when I get the chance.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
E:gently caress nvm

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

ninjahund was bitching about people counter picking his pick which to me looked like they both took 4 minutes to pick the team they wanted

ninjahund went on a rant about how turin wasn't pro and why would anyone mention turin
Ninjahund is a turd.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

John Charity Spring posted:

To an extent. If you own both games, Warhammer 2 has the Mortal Empires campaign available, which is like an extended version of the Warhammer 1 campaign map. It's neat, but it has some pretty serious performance issues with turn times. No crashing bugs to my knowledge, but boy oh boy those Mortal Empires turns are long.

when CA was advertising "the most minor factions ever! a BILLION factions!" I nodded to myself like "yes, these guys have never played their own games before"

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
GodDAMN I want it to be the 31st already.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Nephthys posted:

I really like all of the Warhams youtube community (Turin, Gobbo, Janet, Dahv, Jontaun, Sotek etc). You can really tell that they're all friends and they bounce well off each other. It's always a good video when they're fighting each other and testing out crazy builds.

Blackiron's tournament also got me into Bloodbowl, and I'm dying to play it when I get the chance.

I should clarify from bringing up Turin, all those players are awesome and I recommend them. Turin’s channel though will include all of them just with Turin’s excellent commentary. He’s great at the game and also the best speaker of the lot.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ninjahund has lost to Turin a couple of times and calls him a cheese player. He gets supremely salty every time he loses a match and the only fun thing on his stream is his reaction when he loses.

By the way, one of those times Ninjahund lost against Turin was a game where he played Lizardmen Vs Turin's Vampires and brought four Chamaleon Skinks. He's a Cheese mongering as it gets.

Another fun one was when he fought Legend of Total War, knew exactly what army Legend was bringing (because Legend played a singular very strong Bretonnian build) and fell on his face.

Also our own Nanomashoes beat Ninjahund handily in a Chaos Vs Empire match-up back when Chaos was a seriously underpowered faction. Ninja whined that it was unfair Nano had brought a Hellcannon.

What I mean is that Ninjahund's entertainment value comes from him getting real mad and holding an eternal grudge for every battle he loses.

His army build guide is pretty decent though, but Gobbo King's guide is better (and has notes from the other Youtubbers in his clique).

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I had no idea ninjahund carried grudges like that

a true dwarf player

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

ZearothK posted:

Ninjahund has lost to Turin a couple of times and calls him a cheese player. He gets supremely salty every time he loses a match and the only fun thing on his stream is his reaction when he loses.

By the way, one of those times Ninjahund lost against Turin was a game where he played Lizardmen Vs Turin's Vampires and brought four Chamaleon Skinks. He's a Cheese mongering as it gets.

Another fun one was when he fought Legend of Total War, knew exactly what army Legend was bringing (because Legend played a singular very strong Bretonnian build) and fell on his face.

Also our own Nanomashoes beat Ninjahund handily in a Chaos Vs Empire match-up back when Chaos was a seriously underpowered faction. Ninja whined that it was unfair Nano had brought a Hellcannon.

What I mean is that Ninjahund's entertainment value comes from him getting real mad and holding an eternal grudge for every battle he loses.

His army build guide is pretty decent though, but Gobbo King's guide is better (and has notes from the other Youtubbers in his clique).

I would be legitimately conflicted watching Legend vs. Ninjahund. Is there a way they can both lose?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Beamed posted:

I would be legitimately conflicted watching Legend vs. Ninjahund. Is there a way they can both lose?

Legend was super butthurt that Ninja called him a cheesy player and even made a drama video justifying his build. So yes, they both lost.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Seeing an army composed entirely of Sisters of Avelorn open up on a target is AMAZING.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Gonkish posted:

Seeing an army composed entirely of Sisters of Avelorn open up on a target is AMAZING.

They are good, I suppose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

There's a single player campaign???

Some of the stand alone races have a single player campaign and map with them. Unless you're saying you only play this game multiplayer which :psyduck: you're missing out.