Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

bobkatt013 posted:

How long until fox announces that it picked this up to air before or after last man standing?

I was going to badly joke that now let's hope for Fox to cancel the Trump show in response to one of his tweets but sadly this is more realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Vegetable posted:

Somehow ABC handled this in the best way possible and beyond anybody's expectations, really.

nah, that would've been not hiring her in the first place. we all knew what she was like these days, they just thought they could get the lovely person to only be quietly lovely

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is it being pulled off tv right away? No episode tonight?

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Vintersorg posted:

I think it already finished for the season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"we have decided to cancel her show" is very pointed too. They usually go more neutral, that's directly at her.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Vintersorg posted:

The series finale aired last Tuesday.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Holy moley, I don't follow her on Twitter and only vaguely know of her tweets, but there's some seriously dumb and bad poo poo there.

https://twitter.com/therealroseanne

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh the flooding was the last episode? I guess it sorta ended on a happy note with them getting money but umm, most of their lives are still poo poo.

Ah well.
E: what if they just kill her off and it’s how Dan keeps the family going. Call it The Connors.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 29, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

Holy moley, I don't follow her on Twitter and only vaguely know of her tweets, but there's some seriously dumb and bad poo poo there.

https://twitter.com/therealroseanne

It comes a total shock I know from such a stable person

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zero One posted:

New on Fox this fall...

Efb

Problem is its an ensemble comedy and you can be sure at least some of that ensemble doesn't want anything to do with this. And that draws a line for the rest.

Roseanne (the show) is dead.

edit: I'd expect more of these to come.
https://twitter.com/EmmaRoseKenney/status/1001529223490629633

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 29, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

On a brighter note, new CSI lookin' good

https://twitter.com/KimmySchmidt/status/1001526036863959040

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I guarantee that not only was the cast primed to revolt, but Kenya Barris and Nanatchka Kahn raised holy hell as well. Both of their shows got burned by that lovely “They’re just like us” joke, and not only did ABC let that pass, she has the making GBS threads nerve to call a black woman an ape? Uh uh. She doesn’t get to do that.

PLUS Barris is thisclose to jumping ship to Netflix, and while Shonda Rhimes already has jumped ship, she’s still diligently working on Grey’s Anatomy for them. They definitely had pull if they wanted to use it.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm really annoyed that Netflix is moving to the half season model. Being able to binge watch their shows was a big part of the appeal in the first place. I can see why it makes sense for them to do it though, both because of Emmy's and wanting people to subscribe for more months.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If I couldn’t make it through season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt after liking the first season, will I like season three/late season 2?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sinteres posted:

I'm really annoyed that Netflix is moving to the half season model. Being able to binge watch their shows was a big part of the appeal in the first place. I can see why it makes sense for them to do it though, both because of Emmy's and wanting people to subscribe for more months.

Eh, practically it doesn't change much. If you want to wait you can and binge it all at once. For me the appeal of binging is just that I can digest a "complete" set quickly. If the half seasons feel complete then I'm as good with it as I am for a "full season."

The Tick's split annoyed me enough that I haven't checked out the second half yet. The first half just felt very incomplete and unsatisfying and left me on a bad note. That's the key. You gotta treat your half season as a season and give your audience proper satisfaction.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Disney CEO

https://twitter.com/RobertIger/status/1001523982997143552

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If I couldn’t make it through season 2 of Kimmy Schmidt after liking the first season, will I like season three/late season 2?

Try the back half, because I think it was a lot stronger (due in large part to a guest star), but if you don't like it don't bother with 3 imo.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

DivisionPost posted:

I guarantee that not only was the cast primed to revolt, but Kenya Barris and Nanatchka Kahn raised holy hell as well. Both of their shows got burned by that lovely “They’re just like us” joke, and not only did ABC let that pass, she has the making GBS threads nerve to call a black woman an ape? Uh uh. She doesn’t get to do that.

PLUS Barris is thisclose to jumping ship to Netflix, and while Shonda Rhimes already has jumped ship, she’s still diligently working on Grey’s Anatomy for them. They definitely had pull if they wanted to use it.

Oh, um, it also turns out Channing Dungey is black and I feel...well, “silly” is a bad word for it, but something close to that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Trying to decide if I fell off harder after season 2 of Jessica Jones or Kimmy Schmidt. It's probably a tie.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God I'm hype

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sinteres posted:

I think it's the last season, too? So on top of awards consideration it makes sense to pad it out a bit, I guess.

I hate when shows do the last season in two parts tho ffs. But at least we get a whole half each time instead of weekly + a wait between halves.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's awesome. gently caress Roseane.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Sinteres posted:

Actually it’s because Tina Fey had to put production on hold so she could get Mean Girls up and running on Broadway.

divx
Aug 21, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Oh the flooding was the last episode? I guess it sorta ended on a happy note with them getting money but umm, most of their lives are still poo poo.

Ah well.
E: what if they just kill her off and it’s how Dan keeps the family going. Call it The Connors.

I assume she owns at least some rights to the show since the season ending would have made it super easy to kill her character off screen. It sucks that the rest of the cast lost their jobs because shes an idiot

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

divx posted:

I assume she owns at least some rights to the show since the season ending would have made it super easy to kill her character off screen. It sucks that the rest of the cast lost their jobs because shes an idiot

https://twitter.com/THEsaragilbert/status/1001513831875600384

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Unfortunately it's also named for her.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'd be surprised if no one at ABC floated the idea of "Roseanne without Roseanne".

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

NBC did that with the show "Valerie" after star Valerie Harper left. They renamed it "The Hogan Family".

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Count down to Trump saying something on twitter about it, I give it two hours.

Trump has a rally in Tennessee later tonight, I'm assuming he'll make his first statements about it then.

Lycus posted:

I'd be surprised if no one at ABC floated the idea of "Roseanne without Roseanne".

I'm pretty sure everyone realized that the show's base would tune out if they did this anyway.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Seasons 1-6 of Roseanne are still great. Don't @ me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

First new episode of Arrested Development is too preoccupied with playing catch-up to be all that great. Hope the rest improves.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's amazing that she likely blew millions of dollars because she couldn't keep her dumb racist mouth shut. All she had to do was not talk and she couldn't even manage that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Davros1 posted:

NBC did that with the show "Valerie" after star Valerie Harper left. They renamed it "The Hogan Family".

I like how they wrote her out as having died in a fire too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big TV news day

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1001546119330091008

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMej__yTmE

That show has been on for 9 goddamn seasons?! :catstare:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If only they hadn't kept that show dragging on for ad money, they could've ended it with satisfactory pacing and with their star.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lycus posted:

If only they hadn't kept that show dragging on for ad money, they could've ended it with satisfactory pacing and with their star.

it'll all be worth it for the closing line of the series, "it turns out the real walking dead was the show we made along the way"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

it'll all be worth it for the closing line of the series, "it turns out the real walking dead was the show we made along the way"

I would laugh my rear end off if they all die in the end and we get post-death narration over a montage of all the people who died over the course of the show's run, and the last line is "it turns out we were all the Walking Dead."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sinteres posted:

I would laugh my rear end off if they all die in the end and we get post-death narration over a montage of all the people who died over the course of the show's run, and the last line is "it turns out we were all the Walking Dead."

That would basically just be an adaption of the end of every issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The talent agency that represents Roseanne has also dropped her.

Really amazing how quickly she completely blew this comeback.