Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/1001551327200194560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I said come in! posted:

I just really want CIG to go belly up already. I don't want this game to release.

CIG going belly up or not will not significantly influence the release of star citizen if you think about it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LOOK AT HOW MUCH MONEY I SPENT ON SPACE GAME LOOK AT ME PLEASD LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

LOOK AT HOW MUCH MONEY I SPENT ON SPACE GAME LOOK AT ME PLEASD LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/1001554577588674562

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/1001552707298185217

:gary:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

The Titanic posted:

It's me. I'm the person who will cry if CIG does get money constantly. I'm throwing money at them like candy at Mardi Gras and celebrate when this multinational corporation makes another clean 10mil for producing nothing. It's because they are like family to me and we have a special relationship through their YouTube account and I love them dearly and send them food and drinks because I can't stomach them working on the best drat space sim without being lavishly rained upon with fringe benefits.

It's already a AAAA game too and I love it and play it non stop and no you can't have my in game name because I'm an important player. Only MoMA knows who I really am but he'll never tell, because his mission here is complete with Derek gone. That FUD spreader.

Btw my coupon code if you want to join me is FAHK-MA1-SP8-P13GE.

I'm not on a mission.Just waiting for my space game to be complete.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The pack includes 117 spaceships. How many of those are actually complete right now?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

ManofManyAliases posted:

Duel Universe?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I said come in! posted:

The pack includes 117 spaceships. How many of those are actually complete right now?

Does it come with land vehicles or land claims even?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Does it come with land vehicles or land claims even?

Here is the whole pack contents https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/the-legatus-pack/1199988

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

People like Ben and Lando make it easy to take a laugh out of their misfortune due to all the bad karma they seeded for themselves.

The German word that comes to mind is Schadenfreude, everyones favorite.

Clifford on the other hand makes me feel uncomfortable on a human level. I feel like asking him what the hell went wrong in his life that he has to fill emptiness with jerking off companies PR departments on Twitter. It also makes me uncomfortable thinking how much money humanity can waste on poo poo that not only doesn't fulfill a greater purpose, but not even a personal gain. It's proudness about filling someone elses pocket who neither needs nor deserves it. Makes me uncomfortable personally.

If I had to chose a German word for Clifford it would be Fremdschämen.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 29, 2018

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nice to see the 27K pack hit Slashdot.

Not that slashdot is relevant anymore...but making the rounds.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

ManofManyAliases posted:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Space Court for Derek.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
We've finally found something Star Citizen related that Charlie Hall won't write up for Polygon.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Where do I donate my 27k car to get a spaceship.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I said come in! posted:

The pack includes 117 spaceships.
Pictures of spaceships.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Does the tracker show any signs that the $27k package has snared any whales?

I assume it is new cash only, right?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Combat Theory posted:

UnterMensch

Taintrunner posted:

The crater his dreams will make keeps me warm in the dead of the cold, cold night.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Combat Theory posted:

People like Ben and Lando make it easy to take a laugh out of their misfortune due to all the bad karma they seeded for themselves.

The German word that comes to mind is Schadenfreude, everyones favorite.

Clifford on the other hand makes me feel uncomfortable on a human level. I feel like asking him what the hell went wrong in his life that he has to fill emptiness with jerking off companies PR departments on Twitter. It also makes me uncomfortable thinking how much money humanity can waste on poo poo that not only doesn't fulfill a greater purpose, but not even a personal gain. It's proudness about filling someone elses pocket who neither needs nor deserves it. Makes me uncomfortable personally.

In German, we even got better words (nouns) for these persons:
- Opfer (literally means victim, in context it is about a person who does dumb things and does not even realize how dumb because this person is dumb as well and/or plain ignorant and does not get why everyone is laughing at him/her)
- Vollpfosten (literally full post, dumb as a Goal post, this person is a complete tool or idiot)
- Poser (person who wants to get attention by showing or posting stuff in hope to make others jealous)
- Lachnummer (person who is ridiculous and pathetic)

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Hav posted:

UnterMensch
Cuntermensch.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

tooterfish posted:

Cuntermensch.

That German sucks.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017
Abba recently made a comeback with 2 new songs scheduled for release this year. Chris decided to ask them to write the SC themesong and gave them a suggestion to start with. Goes something like this:

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (your money after midnight)
Don't hold it in your wallet but pledge it to me

I'm sure we can write the whole themesong together!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'll go with Option E: Silence.

I'll vote Option F: There's gonna be a letter involved. And probably a DVD disc with "SQ42 demo" written on it that won't be able to play on any PC.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

This is kind of a trick question.

First, not a single ship if fully functional.

Second, most of the ships that are flyable are either small ships and variants. Here, have a handy reference of which medium to large ships are there:

Third, nothing outside pew-pew has been implemented for the ships to do.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

mjotto posted:

Abba recently made a comeback with 2 new songs scheduled for release this year. Chris decided to ask them to write the SC themesong

Full Bjorn

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trucutru posted:

This is kind of a trick question.

First, not a single ship if fully functional.

Second, most of the ships that are flyable are either small ships and variants. Here, have a handy reference of which medium to large ships are there:

Third, nothing outside pew-pew has been implemented for the ships to do.

Ah game development takes time, stupid goon. Sure it’s been six years and they keep announcing new content and features with nothing to show for it like a crack-addled Molyneux, but SPACE GAME

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Combat Theory posted:

I'd go with Minderwertigkeitskomplex, actually. Clifford obviously wants people to a) recognize him and b) communicate with him. Now, I haven't studied this guy or his twitter messages, because whenever I started scrolling through them, it was as bad as scrolling through the ones of Ben or his wife in regard to their weight.

He comes across as someone who somehow has a lot of disposable income, but failed to find his place in society....like his inner voice tells him he needs to be famous, and the same voice tells him that the only leverage he has on this is due to the money he can spend, which is one thing which differentiates him from the next guy.

The sad thing is, he is now so fixated on basing all of his presence in this world on the amount of money he spends on stuff (Star Citizen, VR Headsets, Fans...), that he completely lost track about what he actually tries to bring across.

He tries so hard to be an "influencer" (how I hate this term), but he doesn't even know what he wants people to influence with (is this an english sentence? I don't think so, but whatever).

He, as well as Ben, does not realize that his postings on twitter might evoke sadness at best, complete lack of understanding at worst.

Both think they are cool and whatnot, showing the whole world what's wrong with them.

It would be sad, if it wouldn't be so loving funny

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

squirrelzipper posted:

This 27k package made me realize that I’m doing it all wrong. My wife just convinced me we need to buy a ‘grown up’ car (we’re in our 40’s). I refuse to buy new cars but we compromised on a 2017 Audi A4 Teknik. It’s nice. It has a heads up display, a digital context sensitive dash, a 12” ‘mobi’ style screen, semi-autonomous driving. After some haggling and trade in of our lovely old car it cost us 32k Canadian. Or, to put it in perspective, 91% of the new Legato package (35k CAD).

My real life HUD/AI enabled vehicle is 10% cheaper than Crobbers JPG package. This is loving hilarious to me on so many levels.

Uhm....you became an Audi driver....you realize the better decision would have been to spend it on Star Citizen, right?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

tuo posted:

Uhm....you became an Audi driver....you realize the better decision would have been to spend it on Star Citizen, right?

ehhh, it's a tossup

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Truga posted:

ehhh, it's a tossup

agree

both seem to think they can noclip through other drivers players

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Watching the defense force roll through and downvote that has been funny.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sillybones posted:

How much gameplay from a single game is worth 27k? What game in existence is worth 1k?

This is very tough. But I'll try to do it for you.

This is my complete list:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:laffo:

CIG have completely removed the non-warbond (IE available for store credit) version of the new ships.

Then:

Now:

e: clicking through to the "complete ship page" gets you this:

:frogsiren: There is no way to purchase the new variant with store credit unless you're upgrading an existing ship :frogsiren:

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 29, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Gonna go ahead and call that the next concept ship they sell is some kind of specialized dropship for the mech suits.

Hmm. But you know those dropships will be big, and slow, and probably not able to go between places easily. So what we need then is an even bigger ship to carry dropships. Stick with me here now for this totally original idea. But you know these dropships can theoretically park on this huge ship that can ferry them long distances. We could call this monster a jumpship.

Just wait until we load up all these exoskeletons and robot "suits" inside these puppies.

No franchise has reached its zenith of popularity until star citizen has ripped it off.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

He realized everyone is laughing at him at this point right? not high fiving him around the water cooler at work

I think the bigger disappointment is he sounds normal enough speaking but writes like an idiot on Twitter.... at least take a grammar and spelling class you moran

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Sillybones posted:

How much gameplay from a single game is worth 27k? What game in existence is worth 1k?

As a counterpoint, if CIG were making pizzas they would cost $8000

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Drunk Theory posted:

Ahh, the mech suit thing wasn’t real? How disappointing. I finally thought Star Citizen was going to be the game for me, the exosuit enthusiast.

:lol:

Got me too. I didn't even think twice about them doing it either.

They do still have those elemental suits though.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Gravity_Storm posted:

As a counterpoint, if CIG were making pizzas they would cost $8000

I would hope to gently caress that would include extra pineapple.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

man who spends 50k on jpegs: "all are ships"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Beet Wagon posted:

:laffo:

CIG have completely removed the non-warbond (IE available for store credit) version of the new ships.

Then:

Now:

e: clicking through to the "complete ship page" gets you this:

:frogsiren: There is no way to purchase the new variant with store credit unless you're upgrading an existing ship :frogsiren:

Is there a way to buy for store credit if you have store credit? ie, the option is there if you have a non-0 amount in your cart?

this could be "bad ui change" or "holy poo poo :laffo:" :allears: