Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks for this. It got some gold and stuff too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The Diddler posted:

Free Deadpool shards instructions located here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStrikeForce/comments/8lzke6/deadpool_shard_solution_for_ios_users/

I assume it'll work similarly for Android, but I dunno. 10 shards, which was enough for me to unlock Deadpool a day earlier.

Awesome, worked for me (though I skipped the whole iMessage thing and just opened the link on my phone).

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

i'm brain dead and decided diving into another Marvel themed f2p game was a good idea and it's looking like this one because i don't want to deal with whatever the gently caress is going on with Future Fight.

i just hit 20 and got thrown into some "new level 20 players get dumped here" alliance. Am i sticking it out for a bit/seeing if i can find something on reddit or are there any goon groups with open spots. i'd bother the Hebrons' discord, but i never really noticed new people speaking up and understand that the player limits for groups is fairly low. Also don't want my stupid nonsense to interrupt whatever the hell it is that goes on in that channel.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
There's a recruiting channel in the discord in the OP. Just post there til a spot opens. Unfortunately they only allow 24 people per alliance, so a spot might not open right away. In the meantime stay in your crappy alliance and join their raids and collect rewards until a spot opens up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Diddler posted:

Free Deadpool shards instructions located here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStrikeForce/comments/8lzke6/deadpool_shard_solution_for_ios_users/

I assume it'll work similarly for Android, but I dunno. 10 shards, which was enough for me to unlock Deadpool a day earlier.

So weird. I absolutely can not get this to work on my 8+ no matter what I try.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

an adult beverage posted:

There's a recruiting channel in the discord in the OP. Just post there til a spot opens. Unfortunately they only allow 24 people per alliance, so a spot might not open right away. In the meantime stay in your crappy alliance and join their raids and collect rewards until a spot opens up.

Just the answer i was looking for. i wasn't sure if it was worth joining the other discord since they tend to fester and die when its for specific things like this. i'll hop on it later and idle until i can grab a spot. Thanks!

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

The discord for this game has been very active so hopefully you'll find something quickly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah for the life of me I can’t get that poo poo to work. Maybe it only works if you don’t have him unlocked??

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah for the life of me I can’t get that poo poo to work. Maybe it only works if you don’t have him unlocked??

I had him unlocked and it worked for me. I had to text myself the link from reddit, and then open the link.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mykkel posted:

I had him unlocked and it worked for me. I had to text myself the link from reddit, and then open the link.

Well poo poo. Tried that. Tried it on my iPad and my phone and neither worked.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I had him unlocked and it worked for me. It was instantaneous too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

an adult beverage posted:

I had him unlocked and it worked for me. It was instantaneous too.

Yeah oh well. Tried it on my phone and iPad with no luck.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah oh well. Tried it on my phone and iPad with no luck.

Are you clicking the link from Reddit in Safari?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

iMessage yourself the link and cancel opening it up in the store then pull the screen down until you get an open option for the game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

Are you clicking the link from Reddit in Safari?

Invalid Validation posted:

iMessage yourself the link and cancel opening it up in the store then pull the screen down until you get an open option for the game.

Tried both. On the iPhone pulling down doesn’t give me the option to open the app but in the iPad it does show the link to open the app but opening the app via the link doesn’t give me the shards :shrug:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Make sure you close out of it completely first too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

Make sure you close out of it completely first too.

Yeah did that. Also tried using chrome and Firefox.

Oh well I sent in a support ticket to which I’m sure they will tell me to get hosed.

Looking at the reddit thread I’m definitely not the only one with the issue.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 26, 2018

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Not working for me either.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I had trouble. Basically when you click on the link you should have the option of opening the link in Chrome of Strike Force. Pick Strike Force.

If it's not giving you that option I used an Android App called Open Link With.
I downloaded that, copied the Link and it let me open it with Strike Force.

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
How does bleed work? Does it need to pass a apply check and a proc check? It seems to do no damage a lot.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I think there's something wrong with the visual scaling of healthbars, which is why the last bit of health takes forever to remove. I've also noticed bleeds seemingly doing nothing when they're down to low health. And I don't know how bleed interacts with defense up.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I bought a Time Traveller Orb and got 2 Cable shards

This game is dumb

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I was hoping their awful deals would bomb and they would be forced to come up with reasonable offers, but no, Strike Force is now the number one RPG on the play store.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I was hoping their awful deals would bomb and they would be forced to come up with reasonable offers, but no, Strike Force is now the number one RPG on the play store.

Sucks, means more $35 mega orbs where you end up with 100 Scientist Supreme or Ronan shards.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I bought a Time Traveller Orb and got 2 Cable shards

This game is dumb

That's basically what happened with all my Vison orbs. The orbs only give you like a couple of the character you're opening for and getting MORE of those shards in a roll is basically "Did you roll a Natural 20 on your luck? If no, gently caress you, have some minion shards instead or some named hero/villain shards if we're feeling nice." It doesn't help that rolling a single one of those orbs costs about 10$ per. I can get a 10+1 pull with a 3% at a 5* base unit in Brave Exvius for about 30$ and I don't just get "pieces" of a character, I get the whole loving character, I just need to level them up. (Granted I'd say a good half of the rare summon pool is horribly unusable at worst, niche at best if you have something better)

Kemix fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 28, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

It's just such a weird treadmill now for anything ranked

"Well you just started new, but all these people who probably forced themselves into Beta have a huge advantage. And no you can't just buy in to get better characters which let you get better rewards from ranking higher, and you almost definitely won't luck into better shards that fit the meta. Esentially there is no way for you to match people who overcame RNG or were even just here earlier because skill using your team only goes so far when there are modes that use an incredibly stupid AI that tanks your rating"

I really want to like the game but this is how it's feeling. Its like it's modeled after a season based system but with no resets.

E: an easy example is Blitz. Lower 2000s were always mid 50 teams. Now you wish for a 60s to get you 90 points as a miracle.

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 29, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

What? You aren’t competing with beta players in any area of the game. New players do get hosed in blitz though. Arena isn’t that bad since it’s shards of 10k players and it isn’t hard to have one arena team that can beat defenses with a bit more power.

I don’t know what you mean with your blitz statement either, your opponents are picked based on your team power and the tier/stage you are at. And your point rewards are based on the power of the team you beat and the multiplier of the tier you’re at.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 29, 2018

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I started like two weeks ago and I can easily stay in the top 250. In another week or two I expect I’ll be able to get top 100. I just need to finish drax and quake.

Blitz sucks without a huge roster though and I’ll probably never get vision/cable/dr strange but whatever.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

It's just such a weird treadmill now for anything ranked

"Well you just started new, but all these people who probably forced themselves into Beta have a huge advantage. And no you can't just buy in to get better characters which let you get better rewards from ranking higher, and you almost definitely won't luck into better shards that fit the meta. Esentially there is no way for you to match people who overcame RNG or were even just here earlier because skill using your team only goes so far when there are modes that use an incredibly stupid AI that tanks your rating"

I really want to like the game but this is how it's feeling. Its like it's modeled after a season based system but with no resets.

E: an easy example is Blitz. Lower 2000s were always mid 50 teams. Now you wish for a 60s to get you 90 points as a miracle.

I'm not convinced you're playing the same game the rest of us are..

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah the one thing I notice in this game that feels like an improvement over GOH is they actually let you get a bunch of the meta-defining guys for free, it'll just take a lot of grinding.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It's not even that bad though.. like Wolverine for instance is a very solid character and you're given his pieces over time for just doing daily quests that I can finish on the toilet when I get up in the morning. Sure, you're not going to be top tier out the gates, but beta folks have nothing to do with it. Nothing is guaranteed, but I kinda feel like given the story you're meant to be doing the best you can with what heroes and villains you can scrape together. Just be consistent and focus down the people you want. Most of the strongest characters in the game are purchased with Arena and Blitz tokens - Drax, Gamora, and Quake immediately spring to mind - and you should be able to score at minimum 5 of their pieces a day, not to mention random other ones from orbs or story mission grinding. Equipment is the main slog, but you get that from farming auto-finishing fights.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Plus the starter dudes work just fine too. Everyone harps on Cap being a god tier tank and everything, meanwhile here is Luke Cage when he’s skilled up:

Beat Up- Attack primary target for 290% damage. 30% chance for a HERO ally to assist.
Bring It On- Taunt for 2 turns + Regenerate for 2 turns. Clear 2 negative effects from self.
Unbreakable- Gain Defense Up on self for 2 turns. Apply Defense Up on all allies. Gain Deathproof on self. Generate 1-2 ability energy for random ally.
Power Man- Gain +5% Max Health per DEFENDER ally. Gain +5% Armor. +10% Max Health.

Is he as good as Cap? No, not really. Is he almost as good, and overlooked by like 95% of people because they never level/skill him up? Yep.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Not to mention loving Crossbones who everyone and their mother has.. The enemy could have Thanos and Ultron and Iron Man and Cap and any other whale character you want, but if they have Crossbones on their team, that motherfucker has to die ASAP!

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Yea the prices of their offers are ridiculous and I hope they feel bad.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I'm not convinced you're playing the same game the rest of us are..

Oh my God I said Blitz but meant Arena

I blame whiskey

I have no problem with Blitz

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It does say something that I've only spent $10 for the starter pack with Cap, nothing has come close to looking like a good deal or even remotely worth buying since then. It sucks but I'm also pretty goddamn happy that they don't make it tempting in any way.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Oh my God I said Blitz but meant Arena

I blame whiskey

I have no problem with Blitz

I still don’t understand what you were trying to say. Your arena shard is the same 10k people you’ve always been with. As time goes on, said people continue to improve their teams, just like you.

Blitz is the mode that actually does put new players at a huge disadvantage.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

New Leaf posted:

Not to mention loving Crossbones who everyone and their mother has.. The enemy could have Thanos and Ultron and Iron Man and Cap and any other whale character you want, but if they have Crossbones on their team, that motherfucker has to die ASAP!

I hate him so much. I am sick of fighting him in like 80% of my blitz and arena fights.

Quake's ult hits almost as hard but she doesn't illicit that same level of "holy poo poo die" that I get from seeing a crossbones on the enemy team.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I think they are saying they got locked into a beta shard for Arena. I am on the same boat. I have a power team of like 64k but the guys in the top 500 are all 110k+ and the top 100 are all above 130k. In a year this may mellow out and normalize but until then I am stuck in the 2000 rating range and even then this group is at 80k which means I still get rocked. I basically win 1 arena(if I refresh and get lucky) then lose 1 arena per day and quit for the day. I get 300 shards per reset which is fine but man is it frustrating. I've tried support and got a canned "nope" back. I basically ignore Arena and just spend it on Quake shards every other reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Belgian Waffle posted:

I hate him so much. I am sick of fighting him in like 80% of my blitz and arena fights.

Quake's ult hits almost as hard but she doesn't illicit that same level of "holy poo poo die" that I get from seeing a crossbones on the enemy team.

Quake is basically a glass cannon. Xbone is a modern motorized armored artillery piece that requires your whole team's attention for 2 turns.

I agree how annoying his ubiquitous presence is. I have like 4-5 Blitz teams and he can be found at every stage/tier. It turns every fight into 'Ok everyone kill crossbones, then do whatever'

• Locked thread