Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

it says 750 RP skin shard so i think thats like 200 orange dust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

ARURF should replace the regular mode at this point I think. It's basically just a normal game but faster and interesting.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Disagree but I do think it should be available semi permanently, if not every day then on weekends. Sometimes I want a dumb joke mode but still want to be on summoners rift.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

d0grent posted:

Disagree but I do think it should be available semi permanently, if not every day then on weekends. Sometimes I want a dumb joke mode but still want to be on summoners rift.
An article came out saying this mode makes people quit the game altogether. Seems strange they pushed this instead of you know, just giving an xp bonus or free clash tickets.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Sarkozymandias posted:

ARURF should replace the regular mode at this point I think. It's basically just a normal game but faster and interesting.

Mods?! Ban this sick filth :getout:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

milkman dad posted:

An article came out saying this mode makes people quit the game altogether.

Because it makes people realize how boring the game is otherwise?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rygar201 posted:

Mods?! Ban this sick filth :getout:

Everyone1 knows this is the correct list of most fun2 to least fun:
URF > ARAM > ARURF > Old TT > Dominion (Music On) > New TT > SR with Halloween Ghost > SR Team > SR Solo Queue > SR Flex > Dominion (Music Off)

1: With 11 entries it's guaranteed that literally no one other than myself agrees with this.
2: Casual.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I barely remember old TT and that makes me a little sad.

I think ARURF is more fun than regular URF outside of a few bad champs, because in regular URF you have a Yi in every game.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Hot take: I can’t stand URF of all sorts because against a certain set of champions you just don’t get to play a game. You just explode instantly or don’t get to move until you die or both. It’s a little better if everyone is playing out of that subset but then you have the problem of a solved meta where only the champions that prevent the other guy from playing are picked.

Hexakill on TT is still my favorite feature mode. It’s high conflict and has enough weird interactions to be novel while still resembling an actual game.

I do appreciate that the special death animations are still enabled in URF tho.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
One for All on murder bridge is the best gimmick gamemode

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

The Mash posted:

One for All on murder bridge is the best gimmick gamemode

I wish they'd run that again

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Vonnie posted:

Effectively, yes. They described it as a "hangover effect" because people playing the game would spike in population and then the "quit rate" would double.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

milkman dad posted:

An article came out saying this mode makes people quit the game altogether. Seems strange they pushed this instead of you know, just giving an xp bonus or free clash tickets.

listen, its 2018, weezer did a cover of africa, and people want to play this featured game mode. but more over, they need to push more featured game modes that play with the format. i want to see a co-op hack and slash dungeon crawler with limited characters where you get items and fight bosses and at the end it tells you how fast you completed the mode. that would be so fun

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
That was the star guardian event and it was kind of bad imo

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

henkman posted:

that one was not really a dungeon crawler, it was small rooms

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Pre and postgame chats are now included in reports, praise Riot!

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8mkh00/league_now_uses_pre_game_and_post_game_chat_when/dzok7nd/

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Year of our lord 2018 in season 8 we no longer have to upload screenshots on imgur that will be ignored.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Just aram'd into kindred and was 100% lost. What is up with that champ?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

henkman posted:

I liked it a lot, honestly. I've always been a sucker for hero defense maps like that.

Erdricks posted:

She sucks on ARAM, mostly. She's a short range ADC with a utility ult who mostly wins games by farming enough marks to come out strong in the midgame, something which you can't really do on ARAM.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 29, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Erdricks posted:

She's a dedicated jungler with mechanics that require the jungle and pretty much just doesn't work outside of Summoner's Rift playing jungle. Same with Ivern.

I'm kind of surprised she isn't disabled on ARAM tbh.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Erdricks posted:

Kindred is perma-stuck in the very bottom tier in ARAM since their passive doesn't exist in ARAM, and the ultimate effect that makes everyone inside of it immortal is completely counter-productive on a map with a really small lane.

As far as the champ in general? Gimmicky ADC Jungler who's nearly impossible to balance because they've got to be really strong to be playable to justify low utility and gank pressure.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

shes a dog or something with very shapely hips

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The changes they made to Kindred is overall my least-favorite champion trajectory. They used to be this short-ranged hyper-mobile early/midgame invading, gank-heavy jungler, but the designers decided that it was inappropriate for a ~marksman~ to fill that role because ~marksman~ was a role for late-game carries. So they shifted a bunch of power away from skirmishing and toward late-game hyperscaling.

Instead, it seems like Graves is filling the space that Kindred was designed for.

A big part of their problem is the ult. It's powerful, but insanely difficult to use; it makes thematic sense with the kit, but doesn't fit the gameplay of the champion at all. I would replace it entirely.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

The changes they made to Kindred is overall my least-favorite champion trajectory. They used to be this short-ranged hyper-mobile early/midgame invading, gank-heavy jungler, but the designers decided that it was inappropriate for a ~marksman~ to fill that role because ~marksman~ was a role for late-game carries. So they shifted a bunch of power away from skirmishing and toward late-game hyperscaling.

Instead, it seems like Graves is filling the space that Kindred was designed for.

A big part of their problem is the ult. It's powerful, but insanely difficult to use; it makes thematic sense with the kit, but doesn't fit the gameplay of the champion at all. I would replace it entirely.

kindreds ult seems cool but it is awkward as hell, if i had to replace it i would make it an ult which makes wolf turn into a giant spirit and drag people towards you slowly(they can move side to side, but not away from you, and slowly get pushed about 300 teemos towards you over the duration if they try to fight it) in order to make her more of a ganking jungler and to make wolf seem like less of an afterthought. it also helps mechanically push the theme of the inevitability of death that the lore is all about

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Lore: Wolf is the spirit of death responsible for tracking down all souls who resist their fate

Game: Wolf occasionally deals 25 damage

strong bird
May 12, 2009

it should be black hole

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

kindreds ult seems cool but it is awkward as hell, if i had to replace it i would make it an ult which makes wolf turn into a giant spirit and drag people towards you slowly(they can move side to side, but not away from you, and slowly get pushed about 300 teemos towards you over the duration if they try to fight it) in order to make her more of a ganking jungler and to make wolf seem like less of an afterthought. it also helps mechanically push the theme of the inevitability of death that the lore is all about

Honestly they should have used Warwick's "blood scent" W mechanic on Kindred instead to represent Wolf.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Huh, interesting. I’ve had people say some extremely vile stuff in post game chat and claim it couldn’t be reported - glad to know they may have suffered consequences.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Vlad does nutty loving damage with electrocute. It's a bit misleading because some of the damage is delayed (ult) but holy gently caress once you get up to 600ap you can seriously dumpster an entire team.

Just decided to play him randomly to switch it up and it's sort of nice to be able to play a hero that scales. Draven is my tried and true but it sucks to get outscaled.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Holy poo poo Rengar hurts right now as an adc.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

DaStampede posted:

did not know the new meta was adc rengar :grin:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

henkman posted:

I loved it tbh

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

pog boyfriend posted:

did not know the new meta was adc rengar :grin:

That just made it hurt even worse

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Vonnie posted:

It's much more competitive to spend 40 minutes achieving the same result.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nightgull posted:

Huh, interesting. I’ve had people say some extremely vile stuff in post game chat and claim it couldn’t be reported - glad to know they may have suffered consequences.

They've always claimed that pre- and post-game chat were always taken into accounts for reports, but it just never got shown in the instant feedback report card stuff until now.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Best splash in a long time

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

8.11 notes. This is the one with all the wild marksman changes, and is also the one where KhaZix finally stops being a permabanned motherfucker. Really interested in seeing how the changes shake things up in bot.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So when's this happening, tomorrow morning?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

So when's this happening, tomorrow morning?

Should be, yes. Patches are always delayed by a day if there's a civic holiday on Monday in the States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

DaStampede posted:

My favorite gimmick in the game is probably still Rengar ADC with Ivern support.