Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I just heard the most racist commercial I ever heard

Guy: “what’s your nationality”
Other guy “latino-my parents are from puerto rico”
Guy” I’m african American—what about you?”
Girl” I’m Caucasian... well actually I’m
82% English and irish
2 percent Asian
2 percent Eastern European
2 percent Pacific Islander
2 percent middle eastern!!!”

You’re white you stupid *^#*%#}^**##} you are not special or unique!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You're calling an actress racist just because a commercial is trying to sell a cure for white guilt? That's gotta be the most lucrative thing possible right now, every college kid and facebook/tumbler teen is going to want it

(I'm assuming it's "buy our genetic test to prove to your friends that you aren't actually whitey!")

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The air conditioner in my apartment does this thing where, after reaching the desired temperature and shutting off, it turns on again every "x" amount of time afterwards to draw some air in and sample the temperature. If it's still below the setpoint, it'll wait a little longer before sampling again. However, if it performs 3 or 4 temperature checks in a row without it needing to cool, it waits FOREVER to do the next one, like 8 hours. If THAT one still doesn't need cooling, I'm drat near convinced it just shuts off (even though the display stays on).

I can totally understand this from an Energy Star and economical standpoint, but it's really annoying. I live in Phoenix, and during the day we're already hitting 100 degree temps, but at night we're dropping to the mid-70's to low 80's. If I set the temp on the AC to 75, it'll keep the apartment cool during the day, but as night falls it may not need to cool for those first 3 or 4 checks, then it'll wait ALL NIGHT as the apartment slowly heats up, but the check it does right before sunrise may still fail as it's getting the cooler air from outside. Then it'll sit all day and I'll go to class and come back to a 90 degree apartment, even though the AC was still technically "on."

This means that, at least once a day but more like 3+ times a day, I have to manually turn the AC off, wait five seconds, and then turn it back on for it to sample and finally kick the compressor on. And it's a brand new Amana unit, not some old junker (I had a problem with the one installed when I moved in, so they gave me a new one).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Best way to stunt that conversation is to just refer to yourself as American, then accuse them of being unpatriotic if they refer to a single other nationality.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My kid wanted to learn how to play poker but has been getting brutally cold decked all day long

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I gotta vent for a second:

One of my guinea pigs has osteodystrophy.
This means that some of her bones are growing in places where they shouldn't and also, basically, hollowing out.
She lost control of her front legs, she cannot walk or feed herself.

We've been hand-feeding her and giving her meds every 4 hours for six weeks. We only found out the full extent of the condition this weekend.

Next Friday we have to euthanize her.

I'm not handling it all that great. Holding her and slowly giving her food, just to know that she will die very soon is breaking my heart. There is nothing wrong with her brain but this condition moves quickly and she has already fractured her legs.
She is still bright and excitable. She's still a cuddle monster. There is just no way to fix this.

It could affect her spine or skull next and she would be in incredible pain. Putting her to sleep is the humane choice. I'm just constantly on the verge of tears.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Sentient Data posted:

You're calling an actress racist just because a commercial is trying to sell a cure for white guilt? That's gotta be the most lucrative thing possible right now, every college kid and facebook/tumbler teen is going to want it

(I'm assuming it's "buy our genetic test to prove to your friends that you aren't actually whitey!")

No, I specifically said the AD was racist.

I know it’s lucrative and for stupid white people to claim they’re not white. I actually heard the ad again and she actually had said “6% Native American!” So now the white people can claim they’re 1/6400 Native American to try to get scholarships or whatever (people do that)

Anyways that ad pissed me off and racism pisses me off.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please do not marginalize Native American ancestry. Native Americans have suffered enough without you trying to eliminate what familial ties remain.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Red genocide is no laughing matter

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I’m talking about the tumblr and other fake Native American people who claim they’re NA when they’re actually not. This was a big thing in the tumblr thread but there is no longer one (the thread was hilarious). People who are white and lie that they are NA for benefits is my point. I do not like those people.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:30 on May 28, 2018

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
There used to be a tumblr thread and there isn’t anymore? I feel I’ve really missed out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

I’m talking about the tumblr and other fake Native American people who claim they’re NA when they’re actually not. This was a big thing in the tumblr thread but there is no longer one (the thread was hilarious). People who are white and lie that they are NA for benefits is my point. I do not like those people.

If its any consolation, 99% of white people who think theyre native american and do that test will never speak of it again when they find out it theyre actually black

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Barudak posted:

If its any consolation, 99% of white people who think theyre native american and do that test will never speak of it again when they find out it theyre actually black

If you trace it all the way back literally all of us are 100% black if you really think about it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If you trace it all the way back literally all of us are 100% black if you really think about it.

Sadly, I was made by the evil wizard Yakub.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

I gotta vent for a second:

One of my guinea pigs has osteodystrophy.
This means that some of her bones are growing in places where they shouldn't and also, basically, hollowing out.
She lost control of her front legs, she cannot walk or feed herself.

We've been hand-feeding her and giving her meds every 4 hours for six weeks. We only found out the full extent of the condition this weekend.

Next Friday we have to euthanize her.

I'm not handling it all that great. Holding her and slowly giving her food, just to know that she will die very soon is breaking my heart. There is nothing wrong with her brain but this condition moves quickly and she has already fractured her legs.
She is still bright and excitable. She's still a cuddle monster. There is just no way to fix this.

It could affect her spine or skull next and she would be in incredible pain. Putting her to sleep is the humane choice. I'm just constantly on the verge of tears.

Grief isn't a FWP.

I still remember to the day my first guinea pig died when I was a kid. I remember sitting on the floor near the bed and petting her while I watched Gargoyles; it was the episode Broadway accidentally shot Eliza. I remember she died during the episode.

I don't remember any dance from elementary or high school. I barely remember anything of my childhood, but I can remember exactly where I was sitting and what I was doing. If you put a gun to my head I cannot remember any of my college professors or friends, but I remember exactly the scene she stopped breathing, it was when the gargoyle left Eliza near the ER.

In lighter news....fwp: my friend and I are talking again but it's very stilted, and it's clear we pretty much are done, and we were last spring/summer. I understand the sunken cost fallacy, I understand how life changes, and your main issue always is, you think you have more time, but it just feels sad sitting here and looking at where we were a year ago, and there was no fight or argument, just distance.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Until your friend wants something from you, then they'll try to pretend nothing ever changed.

No I'm not bitter and jaded from experience, why do you ask

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
It's already happened, so yeah.

It's sad because my niece, who just turned 13 and going into high school this year, has already had this happen a few times, and she doesn't have many friends these days either. I want to lie to her and tell her it gets easier, but it really doesn't.

I remember, of all things, a Nancy comic strip (one of the new ones) where Nancy asks her teacher, what is the hardest part about being a teacher? And in the lady's thought bubble: watching my students go through the same things and pains I went through, and being powerless to stop it. Her word bubble: Grading.

FWP: I meant to do more cleaning this holiday weekend and barely got any of my usual chores done.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I may have to reschedule a colonoscopy because my toilet is acting weird and I can't take a bunch of laxatives if I have nowhere to poop.

Also, tomorrow is my clear liquids only day of dieting which means it's gonna suck. Then I gotta take a lot of laxatives, and then it's gonna suck way more.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

burial posted:

There used to be a tumblr thread and there isn’t anymore? I feel I’ve really missed out.

It was a fantastic thread but it maybe have been in the Bad times of GBS where you weren’t allowed to criticize stupid people.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Is that actually true.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My FWP is the same as last year. And also goons who didn’t believe me.

Basically, now that it’s warm, everyone is driving and causing crazy traffic. Because everyone is driving instead of using public transit. Goons last year were like, “that’s not true, why would people use less public transit in summer, public transit is air conditioned” or similar. There are 2 busses in the weekend and 4 busses that go literally next to the beach and a train nearby too.

My problem is that I live next to the beach. Thank JESUS GOD AND ALSO MY MOM AND MY EX-HUSBAND who got me a garage parking spot because for people who don’t have one, they come home, and whoops; all the spots are taken by beach goers.

And also every exit off the highway is BLOCKED by these assholes so I spend 15 minutes in a loving line when I’m not even going to the beach.

Seriously, the bus takes you closer to the beach than driving, and you DONT HAVE TO LOOK FOR PARKING. But nope, you’re loving up my neighborhood.

And also, I don’t know why our streets aren’t zoned parking. ... hmm just realized I should write an email to my alderman.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

Is that actually true.

There's pretty solid evidence that humans originated in Africa and spread from there.

Then again if you go farther back than that we're technically just clever protoplasmic goo.

I mean if you go aaaaaall the way back we're just clever arrangements of hydrogen.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

My Apple Watch band is either loose enough that it locks itself or tight enough to leave my skin red.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There's pretty solid evidence that humans originated in Africa and spread from there.

Then again if you go farther back than that we're technically just clever protoplasmic goo.

I mean if you go aaaaaall the way back we're just clever arrangements of hydrogen.

Human chemical formula if you like chemistry

H15,750N31006,500C2,250Ca63P48K15S15Na10Cl6Mg3Fe1

There’s more formulas though, humans are weird

http://www.eoht.info/m/page/Human+molecular+formula

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I remember my parents were working on the human genome project, it was so cool. :allears: I helped them with the centrifuges and dna gels.

FWP: my parents are cool. But, I work minimum wage and my employers refuse to promote me despite me being a great worker, and they know it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Dermatology appointments are so hard to schedule. Oh my god. You have to wait MONTHS.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My banking website's login servers decided to poo poo the bed literally five minutes before I really needed to do something. What the poo poo.

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.

Picnic Princess posted:

Heck no. Most fast food places don't have waste sorting programs, and even if you have sorting bins on the streets and in restaurants, most people don't take the time to do it properly. We have bins at work with photos of items over each receptacle and the garbage still fills completely while compost and recycling are mostly empty when it should be almost all compost with some bottles and plastics in recycling and only chip bags and wax lined cups in the actual garbage.

Not to mention that even if they do get recycled, they're too light for most recycling sorters to actually register, so they wind up in the trash (best scenario) or loose in the environment (not so best), where they'll eventually reach the sea.

To provide some fwp of my own:

I just finished my sausage queso, and I have the supplies to make more, and it's super good, but... cooking...

Also, I live in eastern Kansas, and it's hot and humid and I hate it.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
Everybody: "why don't you buy a house instead of throwing money down the drain on rent"
Me: "Good point." *Saves up money to buy a house, but can only afford something dinky and in need of repairs*
Me: "Man, I'm broke this week"
Everbody: "how can you be broke, you just bought a house!"
Me: :bang:

This place is about 40 square foot smaller and not as nice as my apartment was and something is going wrong with the A.C. so it's hot as hell in here. I miss my old place sometimes. At least my dog is happy since she has a huge yard.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I haven't been able to go for a proper walk for nearly two weeks now and it sucks and I hate it. :saddowns: I did something to my foot/ankle and I don't know what. I'd assume I sprained/twisted it somehow, but I'm still more-or-less able to put weight on it and there's no bruising or swelling. It doesn't really hurt much at all most of the time, there's just this sense of discomfort/a dull ache/something not being quite right, and I feel if I go to the doctor's about it they'll just dismiss it since it's not debilitating and I clearly haven't broken or fractured anything.

I just want to know what caused/is causing it and why it still hasn't healed!!!!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Do you run a lot and/or are you fat? Could be plantar fasciitis. I had to do a lot of stretching to get rid of it. Took like a month. I also bought some socks on Amazon that are meant to give some relief.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My lease ends on May 31. I meant to spend Memorial Day weekend cleaning my poo poo out of my old apartment, but I got sick on Thursday and I still haven't recovered. My apartment is filled to the brim with knick-knacks and trash. I've made a decent dent in it over time, but gently caress. Also I'm going to a baseball game tonight. :doh:

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Mu Zeta posted:

Do you run a lot and/or are you fat? Could be plantar fasciitis. I had to do a lot of stretching to get rid of it. Took like a month. I also bought some socks on Amazon that are meant to give some relief.

I don't really run, but I do walk a lot and work in a supermarket where I'm basically on my feet all day. The saturday of the royal wedding I went on a 7.7 mile walk (while wearing trainers I wasn't used to walking in for that long, though that wasn't my choice) and then the next day I did a 7 am - 5 pm shift which I think might have triggered it? I was fine on the sunday morning, then at some point during my shift I got a painful twinge in the top of my foot and spent the rest of my shift limping about. I could walk on my tiptoes on that foot, I just couldn't really properly put my heel down. The fact there was no swelling or bruising is partly why I'm so confused.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
No matter how much sleep i get, i always want to sleep more.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Does it feel like tensed up muscles? My feet didn't really have pain but it was really uncomfortable. I didn't have any bruising or swelling either, but it was persistently uncomfortable especially in the morning right after I got out of bed. I probably would visit the doctor if you're limping around for 2 weeks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had an argument with my boss that got heated.
We're both fine now since we came to a good understanding but now I feel guilty for being a part of that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My mom left her cereal bowl, that had maybe a half inch of milk in it, on the kitchen counter, and wandered away. The kitten she trained to eat bread from her hands, who gets on the counter nonstop, who now tears open bread bags to eat the bread, drank the entire thing before she got back. Yeah, leaving food out IS NOT AN OPTION WHEN YOU TRAIN THE CATS THAT FOOD IS UP THERE.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have a crappy temp job verifying the inventory on outgoing trucks at a distribution center for a pizza chain. Power went out at 8, with an ETA at 11:30, and no one got sent home. The guys who load the trucks can't do anything because it's dark and also the scanners they use are on a wifi network that's down, so most of us are just sitting here in the dark. Couldn't reheat the leftover enchilada I brought for dinner. My phone is dying.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I use Uber too much.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I had to suffer my boss being snide about me taking a half afternoon off to go to a doctor's appointment.

"What, there's lots of work to do and you're leaving two hours early?"

Well how about I literally work at least ten hours a day (I'm usually at work at 7.30 and leave at 18.00) while I'm paid for eight, I haven't taken a single sick day off in literally a year, I've had this appointment set up for a month now, when I asked you for PTO you said it was fine and suddenly when I reminded you this morning I was leaving early it's not fine anymore, YOU take PTO for at least two or three hours every other week so you're not one to judge?

But of course I can't tell him that :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Butt Detective posted:

I haven't been able to go for a proper walk for nearly two weeks now and it sucks and I hate it. :saddowns: I did something to my foot/ankle and I don't know what. I'd assume I sprained/twisted it somehow, but I'm still more-or-less able to put weight on it and there's no bruising or swelling. It doesn't really hurt much at all most of the time, there's just this sense of discomfort/a dull ache/something not being quite right, and I feel if I go to the doctor's about it they'll just dismiss it since it's not debilitating and I clearly haven't broken or fractured anything.

I just want to know what caused/is causing it and why it still hasn't healed!!!!

Weird, just a few weeks ago I had the same problem. Didn't do anything noticeable to my ankle, no bruising, but a slight bit of swelling.
I stayed off and iced it, and took some Robax, (you know, the back-pain medication with the wooden mannequin in the commercials - turns out it's good for more than just where oversized pins are stabbing you in the back!) and I was fine a few days later.

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 16:31 on May 31, 2018