Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Undertaker reversing the HBK/Flair bit by telling Shawn,"I'm not sorry and I don't love you" before ending his career was absolutely fantastic.

Wasn't it Batista that did that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

VJeff posted:

What're some examples of in-match dialogue that you like?

Owen Hart saying "now he's gonna kiss my rear end!" and then pointing to his buttcheek after nearly killing Steve Austin.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
A few spring to mind:

Mr.Perfect audibly yelling "ahhh you Son of a bitch" during a match with Davey Boy on a Coliseum Video tape, after Davey torqued really hard during an arm wringer

I HAVE UNTIL 5 MISTER REFEREE

Kevin Steen is wrestling Pac in PWG and they're slowly doing the feeling out process (partly because Kevin can't believe how jacked PAC got) when a fan yells "We Want Wrestling!". Steen turns and yells "This is wrestling, ya fuckface!" which gets a big laugh

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

On that note, the crowd singsonging "You can't wrestle" at Big Show, so he singsongs back "I don't have to!"

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
--"I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot!"

--"You wanna suck my dick, or what? What are you in here for?"

--"I'm the baddest sumbitch that ever lived!"

--"Who was that?"
"Mike Knox..."
"He was on the other team?"
"Yeah..."
"Oh, so we're doing good, then?"

*Referee cuts Owen Hart off during hot tag at No Way Out 98'
"I FUCKIN' TAGGED!!!"

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 27, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

YOU FALL OFF BUILDINGS AND YOU CAN'T GET UP TO MAKE THAT THREE COUNT?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shiki Dan posted:

--"You wanna suck my dick, or what? What are you in here for?"

--"I'm the baddest sumbitch that ever lived!"

--"Who was that?"
"Mike Knox..."
"He was on the other team?"
"Yeah..."
"Oh, so we're doing good, then?"

*Referee cuts Owen Hart off during hot tag at No Way Out 98'
"I FUCKIN' TAGGED!!!"

Regarding the DX exchange: HBK behaving like a hyper 12 year old might be the most entertaining I've ever found him.

"MR. FUJI?!?!? I LOVE THAT GUY!"

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

VJeff posted:

My favorite is probably always gonna be Owens yelling "Don't make me do this!" at Sami Zayn right before Zayn kicks him to death.

Scott Steiner, yelling "HE AIN'T GETTIN' UP FROM THIS ONE!!" right before killing Hiroshi Hase.

It's one of the most powerful sound bytes ever.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Running to the top turnbuckle and yelling "WHO'S loving BETTER" is my personal favorite Scott Steiner sound bite

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Little kid: "I HATE YOU BATISTA"
Batista, with zero hesitation: "I HATE YOU TOO"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRll-dMmgug

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
5:50

https://vimeo.com/17425381

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Liger (to the ref, who's checking to see if Gedo is going to tap out): "ASK HIM!"

Gedo: "gently caress YOU LIGER!"

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 28, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bret Hart going,"Yeah yeah, USA :rolleyes:" during his reconciliation with Owen and Davey ruled too.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Wasn't it Batista that did that?

I think Batista said it to him during a backstage bit during their brief feud post-Flair's retirement (which I think spun out into the Jericho/HBK feud) but I'm sure Taker said it in their second Wrestlemania match too.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
So there's some big multi-man match at a Chikara show and one one side are the bad guys and the other side are the good guys, which in this case includes Cheech and Cloudy and Hallowicked. There's a brawl of bad guys versus good guys at ring side and just Cheech and Frightmare are left up top. Cheech turns to Hallowicked and says, "Ok, I take the guys on the left, you get the ones on the right, got it?" to which Hallowicked replied with a weird gibberish that sounded like a turkey gobble and a yodel, as it was part of his gimmick that he didn't speak any recognized mortal tongue.

Cheech replies, "Oh yeah, forgot you don't speak English," shrugged and flung his body towards the bad guys on the left. It was such a little touch but I loved it.

This wasn't a strictly match-related taunt but I remember being stuck behind the Green Lantern Fan who'd been obnoxious the entire time at a Chikara show... like, snarking at little kids for christ's sake... and when Kevin Steen came out for his match against Eddie Kingston he took time to hop off the ring and sneer "How's it feel to the be the most hated fan in pro wrestling?"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jerusalem posted:

I think Batista said it to him during a backstage bit during their brief feud post-Flair's retirement (which I think spun out into the Jericho/HBK feud) but I'm sure Taker said it in their second Wrestlemania match too.

I think what happened was that Jericho interrupted a Batista / Michaels segment, said that Michaels enjoyed retiring Flair, then Jericho was the guest referee in their Backlash match where he ate a Sweet Chin Music, and then on Raw Jericho threw Michaels through the obscenely expensive Jeritron 6000 and the feud was on.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Benne posted:

Little kid: "I HATE YOU BATISTA"
Batista, with zero hesitation: "I HATE YOU TOO"

We didn't deserve Big Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOKAVPYZOw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shiki Dan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77NwC2TLR8

Batista hitting back IMMEDIATELY with I hate you too! is great, but there's something about how Jericho's response is delayed that just cracks me up even more. Batista's response was instinctual, Jericho actually took time to ponder what his comeback should be :allears:

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Can't believe it's been 9 years already since Jeri-Show!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

Barry Darsow shattered my illusion of kayfabe for the first time when I was a kid. I was ringside at a house show, and Repo Man had a match. Right as the match started he yelled to the crowd "I'm gonna kick his stinkin' teeth in!" A couple years prior, Demolition had been my favorite tag team, so I immediately recognized that as a line Smash said frequently. At that moment I realized not only were they played by the same person, but that WWF repackaged gimmicks. After that I started looking for it, and it all spiraled down from there.

On topic, I wasn't watching last summer but I've been going back and watching clips and highlights. What was the reaction to Cena/Reigns as a feud? At first I assumed nobody would give a poo poo, but then I noticed week after week Cena was absolutely murdering Reigns on the mic. Was everyone calling it a burial or were people into it?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is one of only two things from chikara that i liked (hydra before they ruined him is the other thing) but there was a match where there was a 2 count, the heel argued with the ref it was three, ref was like "are you sure? i guess it could have been yeah." and calls for the bell

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

this is one of only two things from chikara that i liked (hydra before they ruined him is the other thing) but there was a match where there was a 2 count, the heel argued with the ref it was three, ref was like "are you sure? i guess it could have been yeah." and calls for the bell

We have a local wrestler Adam Maxted, who had a hype man. CT Flexor, and any time there was a 2 count by Maxted, Flexor would get up on the rope screaming THAT WAS THREE. THREE THREE THREE loud and often enough that the crowd would chant TWO at him. I respected that. It's the only time the crowd chant 'Two' that I liked.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
It's childish, but this one always cracks me up.
https://streamable.com/3j7j

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

LvK posted:

Scott Steiner, yelling "HE AIN'T GETTIN' UP FROM THIS ONE!!" right before killing Hiroshi Hase.

It's one of the most powerful sound bytes ever.

Oh drat.. how did i miss this.

I thought that when Cage barked that before dropping Joey Ryan with a screwdriver, he was being original..

drat..

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Speaking of Steiner, who were the best poo poo talkers during a match?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kevin Steen/Owens

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seth Rollins was a great trash talker during the initial shield run.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spikeguy posted:

Seth Rollins was a great trash talker during the initial shield run.

I liked Seth and Randy's feud running up to Wrestlemania, for some reason.

Randy being pissed off and not speaking in a monotone was fun.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

VJeff posted:

I liked that time Sasha Banks beat Charlotte for the women's title where at the end of the match, Charlotte had this angry and weirdly swollen look on her face and yelled, "You will never beat me, EVER!" Then she was tapping out in like five seconds.

A couple Chikara ones were mentioned, but one of my favorites is this time they did an eight-man tag of all faces (taking four tag teams and splitting them to each side) and, long story short, the ref got shot dead. Everyone reacted with silent horror, which gradually turned into everyone quietly and awkwardly leaving the ring and ringside area, as if to wash their hands of the situation. As they all moved to the back, Shane Matthews stood on the apron and looked at the dead ref.

"GUYS!"

Everyone stopped where they were.

"...WE CAN CHEAT!"

And like that, everyone went into a frenzy of eye-pokes, backrakes, hair-pulling, purple nurples and so on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

During his brief run of commentary, CM Punk was commenting a match between Cena and I wanna say the Miz? Miz tosses Cena into the table hard enough that the water bottles and stuff go flying, and Punk just silently takes off his headset to go "John. My pepsi," in this really hurt voice.

Next week, John and some rando are having a match, Cena walks by the table, pauses midway through beating a guy up, and places a pepsi on the table. CM Punk takes off his headset to say he only drinks diet pepsi.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I enjoyed the hell out of this one, even if both are certainly.... flawed...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkA_YzqZYBU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Endorph posted:

Next week, John and some rando are having a match, Cena walks by the table, pauses midway through beating a guy up, and places a pepsi on the table. CM Punk takes off his headset to say he only drinks diet pepsi.

I completely forgot that part, that's awesome.

Paracaidas posted:

This was also cool as hell.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Mark Henry was awesome at trash talk. "I charge for air you keep yo bills paid!"

One time in TNA Foley was defending his title in a multi-man and when everyone else paired off, Foley joined the announce team and said "It's getting a little hot in the kitchen." It was hilarious.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

TheCool69 posted:

Oh drat.. how did i miss this.

I thought that when Cage barked that before dropping Joey Ryan with a screwdriver, he was being original..

drat..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8wigNal8m8

I remember marking out when Cage did it, at least.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Paracaidas posted:

My problem with this is that, guys, Rollins and Orton can both still get back up and Kane is still skulking around. Just pick one guy to roll the other guy up and do your "aw shucks we're such good friends we'll still be friends no matter who wins! :3:" shtick later.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This is my favourite because Chuckie T is the best.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's more pre-match than match dialogue but at Clash XVII, Dustin Rhodes and a mystery partner v. The Enforcers, Arn Anderson yelling "NOT RICKY STEAMBOAAAAAT" and "HE'S JUST A MAN, HE'S JUST A MAN" to Larry Z. Also one of the only non-disappointing mystery partners ever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's more pre-match than match dialogue but at Clash XVII, Dustin Rhodes and a mystery partner v. The Enforcers, Arn Anderson yelling "NOT RICKY STEAMBOAAAAAT" and "HE'S JUST A MAN, HE'S JUST A MAN" to Larry Z. Also one of the only non-disappointing mystery partners ever.

To this day I can't think of a better mystery partner for a major show

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SG Bamboo posted:

This is my favourite because Chuckie T is the best.

It's such a great bit.

Chuck: I'm gonna drown you!
*slams Archie headfirst into lake painting*
Archie: OWWWW!
Chuck: Sorry... I thought it was real...
Archie: That's not water!
*Bryce continues to count them out*
Archie: Wait, I got an idea! Stop counting! This is important!
Bryce: Okay.
Chuck: "Okay?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

It's such a great bit.

Chuck: I'm gonna drown you!
*slams Archie headfirst into lake painting*
Archie: OWWWW!
Chuck: Sorry... I thought it was real...
Archie: That's not water!
*Bryce continues to count them out*
Archie: Wait, I got an idea! Stop counting! This is important!
Bryce: Okay.
Chuck: "Okay?!"

The match in general is tremendously funny. My favorite is what happens after this segment them posing together in front of the picture, complete with vamping poses.

Speaking of Archibald Peck, this is also a pretty good in match talking dealie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdSTPU6nX3I

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 30, 2018