Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Carsey-Werner's top two syndicated shows were Roseanne and The Cosby Show. Both no longer exist in syndication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

There was that episode a few seasons in when Andrew Lincoln meets back up with Lennie James completely by accident and he's this broken shell of a person. That episode hearkened back to the pilot and it was great, but there weren't many other episodes that stood out as being really strong to me. Most of them were just boring as poo poo, especially the whole farmhouse season where literally nothing happens.

Yeah, I was going to say, I stopped watching the show after season 4, and this episode was the only one that got to the same heights as the pilot.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

lol that’s great. drat what a loving idiot

it's amazing how dumb she was. like this is a person who has never heard of "quit while you're ahead". the revival was even good!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
has Norm MacDonald commented on the Roseanne situation yet?

he quietly wrote for the revival and has always shied away from talking about his conservative leanings

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/locke-key-picked-up-series-at-netflix-1115562

Looks like Netflix may be picking up Locke and Key. Apparently nothing that has been developed for the Hulu pilot will be reused.

quote:

Sources say the streamer is in talks to license the rights for the IP and redevelop the drama with IDW Entertainment. The Netflix series is not the Hulu pilot. Instead, Cuse and Joe Hill will redevelop the series for the streaming giant with an entirely new cast and new director. Andy Muschietti, who helmed the Hulu pilot, is busy with It 2 and is no longer avaialble to direct. He will still be credited as an executive producer on the Netflix series.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So the Bob’s Burgers thread mysteriously disappeared, but I’m watching the episode where Bob’s rich friend invests in the restaurant and tries to turn it into a Tiki place. Am I the only one who has to stop watching this episode halfway through, because after that I keep wanting to jump into my TV and kick Bob in the head several hundred times for ruining a good thing because ~*~reasons~*~?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Don't know if I've ever met somebody so into Tiki bars they'll get mad at fictional characters over their resistance to the idea...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It's like a backwards Bar Rescue where someone comes in to a good restaurant and ruins it with a bad gimmick.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I mean the Tiki poo poo may have been stupid but Bob was finally having success and he was gonna be rich from it, and then he loving ruined it because he’s a weirdo who has to “do his own thing” or whatever. He can’t just take the success and be happy with that and get used to the change over time.

Who does that? What kind of sick degenerate lunatic does that?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Roseanne is back on Twitter retweeting all kinds of racist nonsense.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

clown shoes posted:

Roseanne is back on Twitter retweeting all kinds of racist nonsense.

Well CERTAINLY don’t post it or share it with us in any way. That would be UNTHINKABLE.

EDIT: Oh wait, you said REtweeting.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

So the Bob’s Burgers thread mysteriously disappeared, but I’m watching the episode where Bob’s rich friend invests in the restaurant and tries to turn it into a Tiki place. Am I the only one who has to stop watching this episode halfway through, because after that I keep wanting to jump into my TV and kick Bob in the head several hundred times for ruining a good thing because ~*~reasons~*~?

That's my least favorite episode of the entire show. I get not wanting to change the status quo in a show like that, but then don't write a story that requires your characters to sabotage themselves to maintain it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Well CERTAINLY don’t post it or share it with us in any way. That would be UNTHINKABLE.

EDIT: Oh wait, you said REtweeting.

Well, not just

https://twitter.com/therealroseanne/status/1001678566298406912

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oh yeah i'm sure it was the ambien talking and you're not at all trying desperately to get your show back on the air :jerkbag:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
"Racism" is indeed one of side effects of Ambien.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah when I take Xanax suddenly I get the urge to kill white people, it's weird

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Yeah when I take Xanax suddenly I get the urge to kill white people, it's weird

You should try more weed. It's proven to reduce the need for revenge.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Lycus posted:

"Racism" is indeed one of side effects of Ambien.

Looking at her timeline she must be on Ambien 24/7 then.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

The tweet is perfectly followed up by her retweeting every single person willing to defend her.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kimmy Schmidt's good y'all

I think Cheryl has a drinking problem.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ouch, Laff really needs some new shows. I was watching Roseanne on there for the 10-11 slot, which has been replaced with Night Court. I like Night Court, but I'm so tired of it because I watched a shitton of it on Laff last time I was unemployed. That 70's Show, and The Drew Carey Show, are always on that channel, and I'm a bit burnt out on them too.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Our local market had Laff as a substation of our ABC affiliate and Antenna TV as a substation of our NBC affiliate - the parent company of the NBC affiliate got bought out by the parent company of the ABC affiliate, so now there's 2 channels simulcasting Laff

I miss the Carson reruns :(

I feel bad for John Goodman in all this - I thought maybe he'd get to start hosting SNL again with his return to relevance

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I get both the Cincinnati and Dayton feeds of Laff, Antenna, and MeTV. The Dayton feeds consistently are slightly lower quality, but at least they're not stretching the 4:3 images to 16:9 like the Cinci feeds :argh:

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I don't feel bad for Goodman or any other of her cast mates. They knew what Roseanne had become over the years and most of them made excuses for her. Having a black president drove her insane, so screw them all for supporting this racist.

Given her past on twitter anyone think they had a social media clause built in to her contract?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

For a lot of small business owners and entrepreneurs it's not about massive profit, it's about being the boss and having to answer to no one, good or bad, smart decision or not. It's about control. Bob has built his business from the ground up with little/no help from anyone else. An outside investor coming in and saying 'hey, I'm going to change everything about this place, you have no say in what I decide to do from now on' is a lot to ask of anyone, especially someone who has so much invested financially and emotionally in the business.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Wait, Laff isn't doing their Carson reruns anymore? Or just not nightly? I was digging watching a random Carson on Saturday nights a few months back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I went really far down the rabbit hole of #WeStandWithRoseane last night before getting blocked by each person I engaged with. They're going to boycott Disney. But only the parts they don't like. Theme parks and Star Wars and Princesses are still good and can't have had anything to do with this so just ABC and ESPN for some reason.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

Wait, Laff isn't doing their Carson reruns anymore? Or just not nightly? I was digging watching a random Carson on Saturday nights a few months back.

Carson reruns are on Antenna TV.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

nate fisher posted:

I don't feel bad for Goodman or any other of her cast mates. They knew what Roseanne had become over the years and most of them made excuses for her. Having a black president drove her insane, so screw them all for supporting this racist.

Given her past on twitter anyone think they had a social media clause built in to her contract?

Roseanne had a reputation as an impossible to work with nutcase who had burned every bridge she had crossed years before twitter as a thing. There's literally no one who should be surprised that this was going to go poo poo side up.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I took some ambien and turned into a racists online, help!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Crossposting from IOSM.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I love catching a good Wikipedia edit in the wild.

E:but wait, there’s more!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

nate fisher posted:

Given how she's behaved in the past, I sincerely doubt it. I think ABC was simply willing to put up with a lot to get a top-rated program, considering its recent struggles...but yesterday's specific tweets probably did not sit well with Channing Dungey. For whatever reason.

clown shoes posted:

Carsey-Werner's top two syndicated shows were Roseanne and The Cosby Show. Both no longer exist in syndication.

Well, That 70's Show still airs in nonstop circulation on what seems like half a dozen cable networks, so I think they're good.

...Until something concrete emerges about Danny Masterson being a serial sexual assaulter/Scientology can no longer protect him. Which is hopefully coming any day.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
There's always Grounded For Life. Right guys?

BrandonGK fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 30, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BrandonGK posted:

There's always Grounded For Life. Right guys?

I was amazed to find out that show had 5 seasons. For the longest time, I thought it was one of those shows that had two season and quietly disappeared like Titus.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
You guys made me look up Carsey-Werner and I saw this.

Wikipedia posted:

In March 2013, Carsey-Werner announced it was remastering That '70s Show, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Roseanne, Grounded for Life, A Different World and The Cosby Show into 16:9 high-definition.[13]

...but why? Is anyone super pumped to see Grounded For Life in HD? That's super expensive, isn't it? I've only seen them do it with ST:TNG and The Wire so why do this?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The main reason it was so expensive for TNG was that the effects were done with the 4:3 transfer, so when they remastered the show to 16:9 they had to redo every single effect with CG (but in a way where it still blended into the 80s effects of the time and didn't stand out). Then everyone just streamed the SD version on netflix because convenience trumps quality every time, so they said "we're not doing that poo poo for Voyager or DS9".

I doubt there's a lot of effects work involved in remastering The Cosby Show, though I can think of another reason not to re-release that one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992

Ambien would like to be excluded from this narrative thanks

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Croatoan posted:

You guys made me look up Carsey-Werner and I saw this.

...but why? Is anyone super pumped to see Grounded For Life in HD? That's super expensive, isn't it? I've only seen them do it with ST:TNG and The Wire so why do this?

It's probably just an HD scan of the filmstock, so not a true remaster. If anything it's just to futureproof it against SD finally becoming unacceptable. Also Grounded for Life wasn't that bad :shrug:

That said, I would love to see 3rd Rock from the Sun again.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Iron Crowned posted:

I was amazed to find out that show had 5 seasons. For the longest time, I thought it was one of those shows that had two season and quietly disappeared like Titus.

It was on FOX for a couple years before moving to the WB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992

Ambien would like to be excluded from this narrative thanks

What about economic anxiety?