Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Eiba posted:

Oh. Maybe I misread it. I'm like 60% sure it was normal "do you want this deal" dialog because I thought it was funny at the time, but I may have read the flavor text wrong, because there was still a big old "they give: 3000 credits, you give: [blank]" box underneath the dialogue. I'll screenshot it it if happens again.

I was actually playing with a massive torpedo corvette fleet before this patch and it was utterly destroyed by a fleet with half its fleet power. Naturally I don't know why. They had some point defense but it didn't seem like they had overwhelming point defense. They were all in on carriers though. Do fighters help act as point defense? If so then it seems like the AI can already figure out and counter torpedo corvette spam.

My biggest issue with the system as it is now is that... war specialization isn't really my thing. It's not super compelling to me. Battleships and space carriers are cool, but the overall systems are not what I'm into. It's fine that they're there and that they're important, the game shouldn't cater to my own particular preferences, but all this means I basically just go by fleet power when designing my fleet, assuming bigger numbers are better.

If I make a fleet full of torpedo corvettes its number is twice as big as a balanced fleet or one organized around capital ships. Just aesthetically, I think it'd be fun to make a capital ship focused fleet, but the game makes fun of me by giving me a small fleet power number when I do that. I'm beginning to see that maybe torpedo corvettes have inflated numbers, but I'm kind of at a loss for how I should be judging my fleets.

Fighters I believe used to provide PD but I don't know if they still do. If they do then it must be substantially more efficacious than their ability to destroy other craft.

You can look at the AAR to see how effective their interceptions were and I think it might give you hit rates on your torpedoes, or at the very least their final damage output so you can see if they were contributing.

If you want your fleet power to be accurate you probably want to be building very balanced fleets with big guns, small guns, anti shield guns, anti armour guns etc. As well as ships of varying sizes. Because that will mean you're going to be as free of single strengths and weaknesses as you can be. If you build a fleet of all one type of ship or gun, then you're going to be very good against some things and very bad against other things.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Eiba posted:

I was actually playing with a massive torpedo corvette fleet before this patch and it was utterly destroyed by a fleet with half its fleet power. Naturally I don't know why. They had some point defense but it didn't seem like they had overwhelming point defense. They were all in on carriers though. Do fighters help act as point defense? If so then it seems like the AI can already figure out and counter torpedo corvette spam.

Yeah I've been getting my rear end handed to me recently, and I don't know if it's just going from ensign to captain in difficulty, or if it's 2.1. I had a corvette torp fleet with armored torpedoes against an equal force with a little pd but not a ton, and I got blasted. Didn't win a fight until i was up 5:3 on strength, and then of course my ally settled with status quo and I lost systems. The AI seems to be going very hard and early with fleet strength, like i had a neighbor rush me with 15 upgraded corvettes just a couple years into a game.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Doesn't spamming corvettes result in more ships lost resulting in higher WE? I kept winning fights with torpedo corvette spam because everyone says it's the best but I lose a lot of ships. Winning much cleaner with battleships and cruisers and stuff. Maybe I should have had more point defense or something

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gay Horney posted:

Doesn't spamming corvettes result in more ships lost resulting in higher WE? I kept winning fights with torpedo corvette spam because everyone says it's the best but I lose a lot of ships. Winning much cleaner with battleships and cruisers and stuff. Maybe I should have had more point defense or something

Only if you lose them, if you pick hit and run and maybe roll a trickster admiral you should barely lose any corvettes even in a throw down brawl. Also prioritize hull strength research as it gives you more chances.

You are only generally at risk of actually losing corvettes around black holes or against very high impact weapons like artillery, anything that tries to prickle them to death (like most small guns) will probably make them warp out first.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Curious about how those nerfs shake out. Power doesnt seem like a big deal to me as you can slot armor instead of shields. Reduced hp so pd is better is another matter entirely.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Fighters I believe used to provide PD but I don't know if they still do. If they do then it must be substantially more efficacious than their ability to destroy other craft.

You can look at the AAR to see how effective their interceptions were and I think it might give you hit rates on your torpedoes, or at the very least their final damage output so you can see if they were contributing.

If you want your fleet power to be accurate you probably want to be building very balanced fleets with big guns, small guns, anti shield guns, anti armour guns etc. As well as ships of varying sizes. Because that will mean you're going to be as free of single strengths and weaknesses as you can be. If you build a fleet of all one type of ship or gun, then you're going to be very good against some things and very bad against other things.

I'm pretty sure something was intercepting my torpedoes because I was using anti-armor torpedos and autocannons and the autocannons did about as much damage to the armor as the torpedoes, which was pretty hosed up.

It told me how many missiles were intercepted, but not how many I fired so the number had no context for me. The hit percentage seemed to be okay. I must have missed the stats for the enemy fighters as I don't remember any info on them at all now that I think about it.

Gay Horney posted:

If we're talking overall war contribution, rather than just battle effectiveness- winning wars is a lot faster with corvettes to occupy territory at a speed battleships could never match.

In a sensible world I guess you'd have a corvette fleet of raiders to occupy territory, but big ships would help in big battles

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Eiba posted:

Maybe they had a lot of destroyers. Destroyers with picket computers counter corvettes pretty well, and have very low fleet power.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Eiba posted:

I'm pretty sure something was intercepting my torpedoes because I was using anti-armor torpedos and autocannons and the autocannons did about as much damage to the armor as the torpedoes, which was pretty hosed up.

In that case yes if you ran all torpedo corvettes that is woeful because almost nothing does less damage to armour than autocannons.

Whatever you were fighting had incredible anti torpedo capabilities.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I played a game where I was fanatically pacifist and got trapped between two millitarists. They've been continuously claiming every single system of mine even past my homeworld, and finally one decided to attack. I did some counterclaims for some ok systems and started fighting. It was pretty cool, I didn't have time to upgrade my fleets so I just sent them off and I was able to deflect them from really getting anything, and send my guys back to repair and retrofit.

They happened to start the war right after colonizing a planet in one of the systems I wanted (with some primitives they previously conquered), and by the time I came back, it was perfectly set up to lure their fleet into a system with that module that lowers the enemy escape chance. I crushed their fleet without mercy, it was like 10x losses for them, and then I sent a tiny handful of robots with a butcher general and we eviscerated their colony. They caved in instantly after that. Kinda wish I had tried to claim more, should have added in humiliation. Next time they try to pull this poo poo they're getting vassalized.

So now I have some unhappy but pretty good birds I can use to fill in more planets in my space. I also found exactly one forerunner artifact all game -- that was on the captured planet. It belongs in a museum :colbert: I do need to be careful about my other neighbors tho. I've got one of those tropical hallucinogen weed planets next to them and they're starting to pick up xenophobe because of it.

I was truly stuck for a couple years because of the neighbors, so I had my ships assisting research for a while until the experimental hyperlane tech + an enclave who talked to me got me out. Turns out most of the galaxy are dicks and almost everyone hates me, except for the very weak and the very far away. I've got a pair of wormholes I'm itching to crack open, that should be cool.

I'm at the point where I make so many minerals i'm constantly slamming up against the storage capacity, despite building every possible structure and throwing defense platforms on every possible station. Guess I need to tech up into some sink. I also have some bug where I can upgrade defense platforms, it takes the minerals and the time to upgrade them, but they stay as they are and I can continuously throw away cash if I want. Probably some stupid thing going on with my ship designer. Might as well just simultaneously colonize all these arid worlds, but if I get invaded again energy will suffer.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

If you need some more storage space, you can always sub-divide your sectors and pump them full of whatever spare resources you have. It's a better route than gifting them away if you think somebody is gonna come after you soon, and assuming you find yourself in a defensive war (pretty much the only scenario where you'd need 'em), they're real cheap to access.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Turn auto upgrade and auto design off, and then re-save your defense platform design. It'll then upgrade properly.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I think the hard caps on resource storage is a bit silly and feels incredibly arbitrary when sectors come into play too. Id rather there just ALWAYS be something to sink your resources into. I'll spend way too much time in the game in a panic because I'm about to hit my resource caps but my fleet is already way over-cap and I'm already got a ring world segment under construction and for some reason I can't sink any more into it.

Like, let me toss minerals at my people to make them happier. Let me just keep pumping resources into my planets to develop them more and more even at rapidly diminishing return (like development in eu4). 5,000 minerals to upgrade my maxed out lab into some sort of science arcology mega-complex? Sure, just give me poo poo to spend on. Give me so many choices on spending that the idea of needing a storage cap seems ridiculous.

I really hope in the tile replacement system there's something like that. Like you can keep building your mega-cities up which unlock more pop/building slots. Turn that size 16 planet into a size 40 planet by the time the game is over because you've funnelled the galaxy's resources into turning it into coruscant. Give diminishing returns linked with techs.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 21:43 on May 29, 2018

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
That babby's first campaign I started the other day looks like it's drawing to a close. Things were going pretty well, with my machine civilization and its buddies in a galactic federation mostly playing nice and occasionally taking our spiritualist xenophobe neighbors down a peg. My only other opponents in the galaxy were a civ that couldn't get a leg up on me and wound up annexed by one of my allies in the federation, and the other one didn't like my stances on bombardment and purging but came around and joined the federation because the spiritualists got on their nerves too. I sat around for a while just letting time go because I didn't have a ton to do but build infrastructure. Naturally right when I decided to start colonizing in a remote sector the Contingency showed up.

I had been turtling behind heavily kitted out citadels in case my allies turned on me, but the Contingency showed up in a dinky system in my backyard and cut off the three main areas of my empire from each other. My fleets got smashed, my neighbors found themselves in the same position, and then the Custodians awakened.

See that little spot in the South, where the Contingency blob branches East? That's where my newly Awakened buddy got put back to sleep within a month of awakening. So much for their promises to keep me safe.

I'm not going to read any spoilers for the crisis, but if I don't make it, I would tell my people that the true victory is the friendships they formed along the way, but they're a bunch of dumbass robots that don't know how to fortify their own space.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

The whole

Ship Cap -> Fleet Size Cap -> Starbase Cap -> Mineral Cap -> Energy Cap -> Leader Cap -> Megaproject Cap -> Megaprojects in Construction Cap

stuff in Stellaris really doesn't make sense to me. It just seems to prevent a lot of meaningful specialization that feels like it should be possible. I know there's mods to remove the limits - I'm talking more about the philosophy. A lot of gameplay elements in Stellaris to date have the feel of being made by an accountant whose job it is to pre emptively nerf any possible emergent or combined use of mechanics to prevent unintended gameplay.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I played a game where I was fanatically pacifist and got trapped between two millitarists. They've been continuously claiming every single system of mine even past my homeworld, and finally one decided to attack. I did some counterclaims for some ok systems and started fighting. It was pretty cool, I didn't have time to upgrade my fleets so I just sent them off and I was able to deflect them from really getting anything, and send my guys back to repair and retrofit.

They happened to start the war right after colonizing a planet in one of the systems I wanted (with some primitives they previously conquered), and by the time I came back, it was perfectly set up to lure their fleet into a system with that module that lowers the enemy escape chance. I crushed their fleet without mercy, it was like 10x losses for them, and then I sent a tiny handful of robots with a butcher general and we eviscerated their colony. They caved in instantly after that. Kinda wish I had tried to claim more, should have added in humiliation. Next time they try to pull this poo poo they're getting vassalized.

So now I have some unhappy but pretty good birds I can use to fill in more planets in my space. I also found exactly one forerunner artifact all game -- that was on the captured planet. It belongs in a museum :colbert: I do need to be careful about my other neighbors tho. I've got one of those tropical hallucinogen weed planets next to them and they're starting to pick up xenophobe because of it.

I was truly stuck for a couple years because of the neighbors, so I had my ships assisting research for a while until the experimental hyperlane tech + an enclave who talked to me got me out. Turns out most of the galaxy are dicks and almost everyone hates me, except for the very weak and the very far away. I've got a pair of wormholes I'm itching to crack open, that should be cool.

I'm at the point where I make so many minerals i'm constantly slamming up against the storage capacity, despite building every possible structure and throwing defense platforms on every possible station. Guess I need to tech up into some sink. I also have some bug where I can upgrade defense platforms, it takes the minerals and the time to upgrade them, but they stay as they are and I can continuously throw away cash if I want. Probably some stupid thing going on with my ship designer. Might as well just simultaneously colonize all these arid worlds, but if I get invaded again energy will suffer.

It's time to become Fanatically passive aggressive.

Claim everything near your borders that you might want.
Make sure you have a big, honkin' Bastion on every hyperlane in and out of your territory. Preferably with a Listening Post so you can see their fleets coming.
Retrofit your fleets to be poo poo. Take away every single gun, shield, and armor. (Create a "mothball" design)
Insult. Everyone. You should be mashing that button monthly for your neighbors, and when you have time for anyone else.
The moment someone declares war on you, and they will, oh yes they will, retrofit your fleets to top of the line tech. (If your fleets are big, split them up into smaller fleets to do the upgrade, and merge when they're done. You can upgrade one fleet per shipyard simultaneously, so up to six fleets at one starbase.)

You might want the tradition that gives you big bonuses in defensive wars first.

When not engaged in wars, build habitats for energy and science. Eventually you'll have all your energy and science needs covered by habs, so you can slowly convert all your planets to mineral production. Make sure to have all the unity buildings on every colony, be it planet or hab.

Edit: Also, if you have Apocalypse, get a Colossus ASAP. Turns every war into a Total War, so you don't need to claim their poo poo anymore. Also, you can bubble any lovely planets so you aren't tempted to colonize them. And that makes everyone hate you more, because you're basically yelling "nyah, nyah, he started it, I just finished it"

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 29, 2018

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I did a 9-18 empire start with .5x hyperlane density. First species I find are Fanatic Purifiers, of course. Luckily, they didn't seem to be in any hurry to blob up so over the course of two wars I took all their stuff; that opened up the lower route for me to begin expanding heavily. It helps that the system next to my home planet has 8 Physics/Social and 12 Engineering research built in. I haven't even researched the research buildings yet.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'm just finishing off the contingency in my current game and I've noticed weird behaviour from newly spawned contingency fleets - they appears at around 25k strength until they enter combat, then they jump up to 75k. This seems to be really loving over the AI who send 30k fleets to their death over and over.

Is this a new bug or am I missing some mechanic?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Chalks posted:

I'm just finishing off the contingency in my current game and I've noticed weird behaviour from newly spawned contingency fleets - they appears at around 25k strength until they enter combat, then they jump up to 75k. This seems to be really loving over the AI who send 30k fleets to their death over and over.

Is this a new bug or am I missing some mechanic?

noticed the same thing. i would have been in real deep poo poo if i hadnt massed all my fleets to be safe. the fleet orbiting the hub suddenly jumped from 75k to 250k, which is uh quite a difference.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
The fleet power being miscalculated bug should be fixed with the 2.1.1 patch now, at least.

There were some rather nasty surprises as a result of that.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Wiz posted:

The L-Gate chain is being completed a lot quicker than intended. We're going to make some tweaks.

Ah ok this explains quite a bit. I opened the gate with a fleet strength of about 3k. The Tempest are repeatedly carving paths through the center of my empire. They take the same path every time which doesn't hit any of my most important systems but it sure is a pain in the rear end. I'm slowly teching and arming up, but this is going to be a long grind.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Like, let me toss minerals at my people to make them happier. Let me just keep pumping resources into my planets to develop them more and more even at rapidly diminishing return (like development in eu4). 5,000 minerals to upgrade my maxed out lab into some sort of science arcology mega-complex? Sure, just give me poo poo to spend on. Give me so many choices on spending that the idea of needing a storage cap seems ridiculous.

I really hope in the tile replacement system there's something like that. Like you can keep building your mega-cities up which unlock more pop/building slots. Turn that size 16 planet into a size 40 planet by the time the game is over because you've funnelled the galaxy's resources into turning it into coruscant. Give diminishing returns linked with techs.

Same, I hope that the new system will allow upgrading planets beyond just developing their tiles.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

PittTheElder posted:

If you need some more storage space, you can always sub-divide your sectors and pump them full of whatever spare resources you have. It's a better route than gifting them away if you think somebody is gonna come after you soon, and assuming you find yourself in a defensive war (pretty much the only scenario where you'd need 'em), they're real cheap to access.

The gimmick for this run was feudal society + the huge core sector from pacifist, so I was planning on just breaking new planets off into vassal states, but this works because it would let me solidify every single local planet to myself and have vassals on the other sides of wormholes, without having to tech up the core sector admin. Plus I could stagger governors.

binge crotching posted:

Turn auto upgrade and auto design off, and then re-save your defense platform design. It'll then upgrade properly.

Will do, I'll report back

ConfusedUs posted:

It's time to become Fanatically passive aggressive.

Claim everything near your borders that you might want.
Make sure you have a big, honkin' Bastion on every hyperlane in and out of your territory. Preferably with a Listening Post so you can see their fleets coming.
Retrofit your fleets to be poo poo. Take away every single gun, shield, and armor. (Create a "mothball" design)
Insult. Everyone. You should be mashing that button monthly for your neighbors, and when you have time for anyone else.
The moment someone declares war on you, and they will, oh yes they will, retrofit your fleets to top of the line tech. (If your fleets are big, split them up into smaller fleets to do the upgrade, and merge when they're done. You can upgrade one fleet per shipyard simultaneously, so up to six fleets at one starbase.)

You might want the tradition that gives you big bonuses in defensive wars first.

When not engaged in wars, build habitats for energy and science. Eventually you'll have all your energy and science needs covered by habs, so you can slowly convert all your planets to mineral production. Make sure to have all the unity buildings on every colony, be it planet or hab.

Edit: Also, if you have Apocalypse, get a Colossus ASAP. Turns every war into a Total War, so you don't need to claim their poo poo anymore. Also, you can bubble any lovely planets so you aren't tempted to colonize them. And that makes everyone hate you more, because you're basically yelling "nyah, nyah, he started it, I just finished it"

I cannot make claims at all except for defensive wars. Also it's still real early. That last war had a top of the line enemy juggernaut that I was able to smugly take out (a single destroyer + ~50 corvettes)

Since that last war my starbases are pretty wonky, I think I'm gonna move a bastion to the furthest captured system, but I might wanna check the wormholes first just in case. I have two bastions sorta next to the neighbors, a trade hub, anchorage, and one shipyard in the center and I'm maxed.

I kinda wish you could program combat computers without retrofitting designs. Swarm doesn't synchronize real great with the guy that gives huge range boosts.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

[...]

Ah, the Culture strategy.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I kinda wish you could program combat computers without retrofitting designs. Swarm doesn't synchronize real great with the guy that gives huge range boosts.

Corvettes can only choose between swarm and picket anyway, don't worry about it. There's only 10 range difference between them. You can't have long range corvettes, or at least not corvettes that hold at long range. Missile corvettes will advance towards the enemy firing from long range, but they won't sit there whatever you put on them computer wise.

Set your ships up with the computer that is most helpful for their loadout. I would suggest picket for missile ships because the extra tracking is quite valuable on a perfectly accurate weapon with no tracking, while brawler corvettes want swarm for the extra evasion. If you're making an artillery ship later on with larger hull designs then you can put a long range computer on, but the extra range is only ever going to get you the first shot in an engagement, not let you actually sit at longer range.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 29, 2018

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

ConfusedUs posted:

(If your fleets are big, split them up into smaller fleets to do the upgrade, and merge when they're done. You can upgrade one fleet per shipyard simultaneously, so up to six fleets at one starbase.)

Wait, seriously? That would explain why upgrading big fleets is so slow I guess, but I can't believe having spare idle'd shipyards doesn't speed it up. :psyduck:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Did the beta fix some planets having a gajillion resources?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

Wait, seriously? That would explain why upgrading big fleets is so slow I guess, but I can't believe having spare idle'd shipyards doesn't speed it up. :psyduck:

I agree, I think that total shipyard capacity should determine upgrade speed at any given station.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

binge crotching posted:

I agree, I think that total shipyard capacity should determine upgrade speed at any given station.
My mind is completely boggled that it doesnt.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Oh yeah I wanted to say I like how the amoeba chain is different now.

Is it cool to let sectors colonize yet, or should I throw down the basic buildings? Are sectors cool with bots or do they Luke doing dumb poo poo like have them research while weak noodily guys slave in the mines?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Fruits of the sea posted:

Ah ok this explains quite a bit. I opened the gate with a fleet strength of about 3k. The Tempest are repeatedly carving paths through the center of my empire. They take the same path every time which doesn't hit any of my most important systems but it sure is a pain in the rear end. I'm slowly teching and arming up, but this is going to be a long grind.

More L Gate stuff:

The white line is the route that went through my system. At one point, there were 4 fleets in a chain going through there. The end of the chain in the upper right would either keep going north, but in that image, they take a left and camp out on the Cybrex home system. Like, 4 of them up there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wiz posted:

There is in fact special gift dialogue (I just tested it and it works fine). Are you sure that they used the standard dialog when gifting?

Wiz. Please, please, please put the contingency breathing ambient sound in the ambient sound part of the sound effects, as it continues regardless of whether the contingency still exists or not, and to stop it I have to disable all sound effects because it is in the sound effect category instead of ambience. It's a nice effect initially but my last game went for nearly a hundred hours and the contingency got wiped out within the first 30. The breathing never stopped.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Can we do an occasional death whisper when an opposing planet gets eaten instead, like when villagers died in Black & White? 13 year old me wigged the gently caress out at that playing late one night with headphones on.

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017

CitizenKain posted:

More L Gate stuff:

The white line is the route that went through my system. At one point, there were 4 fleets in a chain going through there. The end of the chain in the upper right would either keep going north, but in that image, they take a left and camp out on the Cybrex home system. Like, 4 of them up there.

Huh! That's odd, I had Tempest fleets repeatedly try to beeline for Yuhtaan. Do they just go for the high-resource sectors or something?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Omnicarus posted:

Can we do an occasional death whisper when an opposing planet gets eaten instead, like when villagers died in Black & White? 13 year old me wigged the gently caress out at that playing late one night with headphones on.

Give it to psionics civs when a planet cracker is used on a inhabited planet a la Obi Wan and Alderan.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

BrandorKP posted:

Give it to psionics civs when a planet cracker is used on a inhabited planet a la Obi Wan and Alderan.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

bibliosabreur posted:

Huh! That's odd, I had Tempest fleets repeatedly try to beeline for Yuhtaan. Do they just go for the high-resource sectors or something?

I can't even do anything on that sector anyway, I don't have the tech for it. So they are just camped there.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

BrandorKP posted:

Holy moly yes, this is a far far better idea.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I can maybe turn my disastrous newbie campaign against the Contingency around, but it'd be one hell of a slog and they already hold like three quarters of the galaxy. I think I'm happy to walk away from it (for now at least) with some valuable lessons learned.

Time to dive back in and start my second campaign though. This campaign was a machine consciousness that mostly holed up and fortified the poo poo out of chokepoints. What's a fun alternative to pull me out of that comfort zone?

On a side note, I don't think I've gotten so into a Paradox game since EU3. What a cool game.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

ONE OF THESE SPECIES IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS.

So the Great Khanate kicked off and completely ruined my plans for the future.

They rolled past a half built citadel into a system with a primitive planet, I threw what little I had to try and protect a primitive world but ultimately was driven back.

The word was invaded and the indigenous population purged - some survivors where presumably spirited away from the world by the observation science team and given residence on one of my habitats.

While my intital plan was containment while expanding my gate network in preparation for the endgame, I just threw everything I had into making a fleet big enough to take them down and reclaim the world in the name of the... Rak'Thalak'Nak.

I had to embrace fanatic spiritualism to push out my minor in pacifism and use up an ascension slot so I could build a Colossus and neutron sweep the world in vengeance, cleansing it for colonisation and relocation of those two pops.

Because while they're welcome to crash on the couch for a couple of years, I really don't want them staying.

My question is this:

Is forcible repatriation racist?

Rougey fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 30, 2018

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

The aliens in question did not, in fact, have the Delicious trait. Please fix this glaring omission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I got that in my game too. Pretty sure it's just a generic contact event with some quality flavor text, but it would be neat if finding it added the delicious trait to the race.

In other news, I really want a mid-game travel tech. Something between basic FTL and Gateways, cause holy poo poo does it take forever to get anywhere on bigger maps.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 30, 2018