Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Arkane posted:

Sanderson Farms (SAFM) is getting close to being real cheap again!

Chickens... are the future!

(And ugh, this was a good example of "just find a decent company and hold it" that I failed on. I owned this in the mid-20s, I think it was, many years ago, and sold out in the 40s. Oh well.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

greasyhands posted:

I think... I think I'm going to put some money in HMNY on tuesday. will post trip report

in yet? Green Candle so far :stare:
nice call, so far so good

Zerstorung
Jun 27, 2008

Arkane posted:

Sanderson Farms (SAFM) is getting close to being real cheap again!

A lot of the food industry looks really cheap right now; even PEP is hitting my watch list, just waiting for some free capital. Seems like inflation scares/food cost increases has the sector rattled.

Anecdotally though, I did buy into GIS a couple months ago after it had its major fall, but it's continuing a slow trend down.

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Agronox posted:

Hey, everyone's favorite stock turd LFIN is trading again.

nice move from 3.00 low this morning... was watching it closely. so sketchy though

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Jack Daniels posted:

in yet? Green Candle so far :stare:
nice call, so far so good
BOT +50 HMNY @.4402
I regret nothing! :20bux:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Someone put through a block trade on TNDM at 10:16am causing it to drop 10%. What a dick, I need all the gains I can get before I’m forced to sell since I work at the FDA now.

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Someone put through a block trade on TNDM at 10:16am causing it to drop 10%. What a dick, I need all the gains I can get before I’m forced to sell since I work at the FDA now.

What does a job at the FDA involve in the Trump administration? Do you just do yard work for pharmaceutical executives or something

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Yeah, I'm in HMNY @ .43. I got lazy on my effort post, but this is just a calculated gamble based on the CEO being a bit wacky (and probably open to share price manipulation to get the price up so he can unload his shelf offering), the short interest being high, and the market cap being tiny. I am pretty sure HMNY will be bankrupt by the end of the year, probably much sooner than that. There is definitely potential for a black swan infusion of cash from somewhere though, which is just another of many factors in the 'calculated gamble'

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Money going into US bonds by the truckload today....10 year yield below 2.8

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

Arkane posted:

Money going into US bonds by the truckload today....10 year yield below 2.8

Euro bonds are going apeshit, there's going to be a huge rotation. Plus add in pension funds moving funds back to bonds, and everyone thinking 10yr going to 4%... probably headed back to sub 2.5

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Can someone explain that a little more?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
1/2 on SPY scalps today for +7.2% on the account. :holy:

Met my goal for the day, so I'm out.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

greasyhands posted:

Yeah, I'm in HMNY @ .43. I got lazy on my effort post, but this is just a calculated gamble based on the CEO being a bit wacky (and probably open to share price manipulation to get the price up so he can unload his shelf offering), the short interest being high, and the market cap being tiny. I am pretty sure HMNY will be bankrupt by the end of the year, probably much sooner than that. There is definitely potential for a black swan infusion of cash from somewhere though, which is just another of many factors in the 'calculated gamble'

I have learned from sad experience to never even take a nibble from a poisoned apple, but I wish you luck. It’s definitely an interesting stock to watch.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Can someone explain that a little more?
Bond yields are inversely related to price, so yields going down actually means the price went up which is due to increased demand.

Italy is tanking the Euro so people are flocking to Treasuries for safety.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sexual Lorax posted:

1/2 on SPY scalps today for +7.2% on the account. :holy:

Met my goal for the day, so I'm out.
Are you trading eminis or?

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Josh Lyman posted:

Are you trading eminis or?

Just good old fashioned low DTE SPY options like the rest of the poor degenerates do. Someday I'll graduate to low DTE SPX options. From there, maybe /ES futures. Maybe. First I need to see if this is just a run of stupid good luck or if I can keep this up long term.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
If you keep it up, you will be the richest trader in the history of the market in fairly short order. Soon after, you will consume all of the money in circulation. Spoiler alert: do the math on even just 1% a day returns for any appreciable amount of time and hopefully your brain will tell you that scalping 1% a day trading options isnt possible. You're playing a fool's game. Just out of curiosity though... are you staring at a chart all day waiting for whatever signal, then trading only a couple of times? Or is this automated somehow?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Nah man, I have a system. After 3 straight reds I bet on black

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

greasyhands posted:

Just out of curiosity though... are you staring at a chart all day waiting for whatever signal, then trading only a couple of times? Or is this automated somehow?

No automation whatsoever. I make no claims about being able to break the entire market with my secret financial genius and gather all the money in the world into my hands. All I do is watch for bigger moves that aren't by std dev lines, get into one or two SPY Calls or Puts while it's still moving, and get out when it looks like it's slowing down. If it goes the wrong way on me, I dump it for a loss before it gets unmanageable and try again later. Sometimes I'll immediately jump into the other direction to try to grab the way it's going instead of the way I was hoping it would go.

Regarding how much time and effort I put into it...

Sexual Lorax posted:

Between other stuff that needs attention, I'll see if SPY's making a move out of the chop, check price against possible inflection points, and wait for it to actually take off before jumping on board.

...it's just background for me. I'll keep SPY's live price open in a corner, and if I'm lucky enough to notice a larger move, I'll take a look at the day's chart. If it looks like it's just chop, I ignore it. If it's moving more, I either try to grab some of that movement, or I get ready to go the other way after it switches direction. There's no system. It's just guessing and gambling and hopefully getting a feel of how to lose everything slowly instead of quickly. Some people take smoke breaks, I gently caress around with SPY options.

I do take your advice to heart, because if it really was as easy as I'm describing, the stock market wouldn't behave like it does. This will work for me until it doesn't, at which time I hope the bite I'm taking is smol enough to not demolish my entire gambling account.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Yeouch, gently caress you trump. Was in 3 hours of interviews and... got hit a bit on calls I bought Friday. Oh well, got a kick rear end job and income again, moving to a cheaper city, and even got a bump from 3% 401k match to 4%, so can bump that, max the IRA, and do reasonable investments and get to increase my $200 play money (down to $320 rip) to the thousands level and I can really lose.

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

GOGO short float 58% lol interesting

https://www.finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=341&t=GOGO&ta=0

more insider buys reported. this time director bying $1.8MM worth @ 4.98

yeah he's averaging down from his buys @ 9.32 lol but still, love insider buying :rubshands:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
short squeeze? 64.69% now!

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Yeouch, gently caress you trump. Was in 3 hours of interviews and... got hit a bit on calls I bought Friday. Oh well, got a kick rear end job and income again, moving to a cheaper city, and even got a bump from 3% 401k match to 4%, so can bump that, max the IRA, and do reasonable investments and get to increase my $200 play money (down to $320 rip) to the thousands level and I can really lose.

What did Trump do now?

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Cheesemaster200 posted:

What did Trump do now?

I think some worthless amount of tariffs were mentioned. It was mainly Italy imploding.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Harry posted:

I think some worthless amount of tariffs were mentioned. It was mainly Italy imploding.

I was gonna say; the 10-year yield lost like 10 basis points today and the Euro is getting hammered.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
TLT has been en fuego after getting hammered post tax cut

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Cheesemaster200 posted:

What did Trump do now?

Tweeted he wants tariffs again. And killed italy. A nd the rest the world. I blame trump for the crash today.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I sold the rest of my AMD off at around $13.75. Is anyone else still on this ride? I mean this is a pretty serious chart here:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
So how are the AMD puts working out? :staredog: The only upcoming negative news cycle that I can think of is from the graphics side with NVDA announcing next gen cards. I'm only holding shares atm but this 1m run is nuts. I sold my long calls for a loss at the 1m bottom after earnings a couple days before the run started which is cool and good, but :wow: this run.

Trump straight up ruined my Tencent position over the past little while, so I closed it out and averaged up into my winners.

dougdrums posted:

I sold the rest of my AMD off at around $13.75. Is anyone else still on this ride? I mean this is a pretty serious chart here:

Short interest was basically flat MoM but I think some have covered given the run.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
3/5 on SPY scalps for -0.6%. :pseudo: Smol loss, but I feel good about not riding my losers long at all.

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE
In Jun 8 and Jun 15 SPY 272 puts this morning. At SPY 271.70. Plan to exit by Friday end of day

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

melon cat fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 16, 2019

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
Getting rich off $IQ today boys.

I went ahead and bought $LULU puts. Hoping it will dump like $KORS, rather than pop like $TIF.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

lol I still have AMD. I stopped paying attention to it. Oh god what do I do now.

Also Nintendo up 5.87% on a new Pokemon game for Fall that is probably going to sell stupid amounts of Switches.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Femtosecond posted:

lol I still have AMD. I stopped paying attention to it. Oh god what do I do now.

Also Nintendo up 5.87% on a new Pokemon game for Fall that is probably going to sell stupid amounts of Switches.

free2start!

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

My tech stocks + Nintendo portfolio is doing so well this last month that it's making me feel reckless. Time to buy Canadian weedstocks on margin.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

dougdrums posted:

I sold out of my June 1st options when it hit 13.5x a couple weeks ago, the options peaked then so I'm happy. The coincons are about to happen and I think this might actually be the put time... but personally I don't short.

Market gained back almost all of Italy, seems like everyone remembered it doesn't actually loving matter at all if Italy collapses, just like it didn't matter when Greece up and poo poo itself and I think is still dead? I dunno much about current greece.

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

jvick posted:

In Jun 8 and Jun 15 SPY 272 puts this morning. At SPY 271.70. Plan to exit by Friday end of day

This is going the wrong way and fast. Still holding, still seeing technicals signs of a pullback in coming days.

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
That was the worst faux panic I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Why didn't anyone warn me about GM?