Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I really dislike the GW gun platform Silverado knights, which is why I own a Lancer which is the Ferrari of knight chassis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zuul the Cat posted:

Also, really disappointed you can't drag enemy vehicles/monsters toward you after hitting them with the harpoon.

This so hard. Might as well have just called it a crossbow.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

JBP posted:

I really dislike the GW gun platform Silverado knights, which is why I own a Lancer which is the Ferrari of knight chassis.

I wouldn't mind if they were beef boys but they just look like the regular knights someone started just building more poo poo on top of and it looks awkward and dumb.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
CAD laziness strikes again :negative:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Felime posted:

See, stuff like this is why I'm tempted to keep 3 jetbike shield captains and a slamguinius in my bag just in case someone is running full altaioc rear end in a top hat.

Would anyone pull that at the Nova narrative?

I loving hope not.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I got a Marine bike squad but I noticed that the bases are like this:

But the biker I got from the Kill Team Cassius sprues I scored was on this:

I don't have the above base available, so I'm just gonna put him on a thin base. What's the current accepted standard? I can't seem to find bikes on anything but the top base.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It will be interesting to see how much they've changed the Knights with respect to FW. I'm assuming the codex won't include the FW models, which is kind of dumb, but if you look at things like the Cerastus Acheron the stats are the same as the Dominus with better movement, WS, and one less wound.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018

Potential BFF posted:

That Keeper of Secrets got punked.

Yeah who cares about all that knight stuff I want a model for that trumpeting hear ye servitor. Robot herald that buffs my Imperium units? Gimme that new time religion.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Trumpet servitor needs to stand at least twice as high as a Primaris marine and 90% of it needs to be flowing robes, scrolls inscribed with holy binharic chants, and an assortment of blessed coaxial, VGA, and serial cords.

Edit: there should probably be a censer and lamp there too but maybe some servo-skulls can do double duty carrying those while they keep the parchments and tapestries inscribed with the holier Canticles of the Omnissiah off the ground.

bij fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 30, 2018

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

TheBigAristotle posted:

I got a Marine bike squad but I noticed that the bases are like this:

But the biker I got from the Kill Team Cassius sprues I scored was on this:

I don't have the above base available, so I'm just gonna put him on a thin base. What's the current accepted standard? I can't seem to find bikes on anything but the top base.

Thin bases are just fine if not better

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Badablack posted:

Yeah who cares about all that knight stuff I want a model for that trumpeting hear ye servitor. Robot herald that buffs my Imperium units? Gimme that new time religion.

Trumpet servitor for mvp

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
There’s been a lot of great servitors in the art lately. I’m a particular fan of the blood catcher in this picture:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Pendent posted:

There’s been a lot of great servitors in the art lately. I’m a particular fan of the blood catcher in this picture:

Totally not chaos

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Over the weekend I travelled down to Kansas City MO to play in the Midwest Conquest GT. A good time was had by all. The event was won by Naramyth’s fellow Warhog using a demons list with Magnus and a lot of Zangors.

Sorry, but I didn’t really take pictures.

My list was Tyranids. I ran a Kraken Battalion with 3 flyrants and 3 units of 3 rippers. A Jorgmungandr Spearhead with a Neurothrope, 3 dakkafexes, 6 Hive Guard and 15 termagants. Lastly, a Supreme Command of Gene Cult with 2 Magus, a Primus and 18 Purestrain Genestealers.

First Round was against Ultramarines. He had some primaris units, 3 predators, a Leviathan Dread, some tac marines, some scouts, 2 reaper batteries and Guillimon. He deployed all of his tanks and dread right on his front line, and put the scouts in the opposite corner, on an objective. His marines were all behind his tanks. I went first. The predictable thing happened and I assaulted all of his vehicles turn 1 with genestealers and Flyrants. Guillimon killed a couple flyrants on his turn 1. On the top of turn 3, I killed Robby G with a smite, who then failed to resurrect. At this point he had 1 scout and 2 tac marines left alive. So he called it and we took an early lunch.

Felt pretty good going into round 2, until I saw my opponent was Matt Root. He was also using nids. A very similar list to mine, except he had a guard detachment with Bullgryn instead of Dakkafexes. Everything that could go wrong in this game went wrong. He seized initiative on me. Then got a 6 on his cult ambush, followed by a 6 on the advance roll, followed by a 10 in charge to have his stealers completely tie up a dakkafex and my hive guard. My stealers popped in on my turn and finished off his, but then his Bullgryn made a long charge and tied my hive guard up again. His Hive Tyrants turn 1 got TWO overcharged smites on my Warlord and butchered him quickly. He took out another Hive Tyrant with a single round of shots from his Hive Guard. It was a mess. I did not win.

Round 3 was probably my best game of the match. I went against a White Scars list with a big block of bikes, a bike captain, 2 squads of intercessors and some other characters, a bunch of scouts and 3 Custodes Bike Captains. I picked assassinate and chose his 4 scout squads. I made very quick work of them. My stealers assaulted two of the Custode captains turn 1 and completely bounced. They were then quickly eliminated in a hail of bolter fire from all of his bikes. The Hive guard didn’t do much when his deep striking intercessors dropped in and killed half of them before assaulting the other half. However, my dakkafexes did some hard work and with pathogenic slime, wiped out an entire unit of intercessors one turn, and the other the next. Still, his captains were beating up on me hard and killing things as well. I tabled him on turn 6, with only 1 dakkafex and 2 badly wounded Hive Tyrants left on the board. It was a great game and neither of us was sure who would win it at any point until the end.

Then came Sunday. Tired, and a bit hungover, I got down to the event hall, in the top 16 and feeling great. Then I ran into a Ynnari list. Dark Reapers sat in centrally located ruins, completely surrounded by rangers and wave serpents, and murdered a Hive Tyrant every turn, with some turns also taking out a carnifex. He screened well with rangers and my genestealers didn’t accomplish much. His jetbikes dropped in and did some Hive Guard killing. He had a Hemlock that I put a lot of shooting into, and could not kill. After turn 1 I left it with a single wound. It then died on his turn when it got a perils of the warp and blew up. Good times. I lost, but still managed to score a decent amount of points. My opponent was a pretty cool dude and had a great time. Would play again.

Round 5 I got paired with a guy in my own gaming club, who was also running Eldar. He had 3 of the planes that were not Hemlocks, and 5 wave serpents. Then some rangers, some psykers, and a unit of 20 dudes that he deep struck. The deployment was hammer and anvil, and he flew all three planes into my deployment zone on turn 1. He managed to kill my warlord, but then the rest of my army easily destroyed all three planes. My genestealers on the other hand only managed a high die roll of 3 and their cult ambush did jack poo poo. Still, it was a board control mission and I was able to achieve my progressive primary missions easily. We both scored high in the round, but I ended up with the victory. This was another super fun game against a great opponent.

Lastly, With a 3-2 record, I faced off against a deathguard list. This list blindsided me. I don’t play in many tournaments, and none of the guys I regularly play against run a list anything like this. He had a demon prince, 4 units of 10 cultists and a unit of 40 cultists. 3 big rear end tanks with these mortar shells and flamers. A demon prince. Some tough characters. A leviathan dread. Some Oblits. And then some loving trees that negated most of my army strategy. He ran his whole list forward, keeping them by those trees that made it so his units could all fall back and advance and shoot and not give a gently caress. Mostly though, I made myself lose this game because I was so out of it that I made a ton of stupid mistakes in deployment and strategy, and on my first turn, completely forgot my shooting phase (which wouldn’t have done much as two of my fexes and my hive guard were tied up by the infiltrating cultist blob). I played this round badly and I lost hard. Yet still, I had picked assassinate and chose his small cultist groups, which the genestealers were quite able to devour, so I at least picked up some battle points.

At the end of the weekend I was 3-3. Not bad for my 4th tournament of 8th edition. Met some great people. Played some great games. Would go again. Would recommend.

Also, I won Combat Patrol on Friday Night, so still left with a plaque, a crown, and a bottle of Kansas City BBQ sauce. gently caress yeah.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hope they introduce some shocking twist with Primaris marines since some of the fluff seems intentionally weak.

I hope the shocking twist gets fixed by newly created girlmarines.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Does anyone want my old Blood Ravens?

I don't give a poo poo about shipping costs as long as you're in the US. They aren't painted great, but they are painted:

I'm moving house in two weeks, and if no one wants these they're getting dumpstered (which is what they deserve), but I'd rather they go to someone who will actually play them, which I won't.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

ANAmal.net posted:

I don't give a poo poo about shipping costs as long as you're in the US. They aren't painted great, but they are painted:

I'm moving house in two weeks, and if no one wants these they're getting dumpstered (which is what they deserve), but I'd rather they go to someone who will actually play them, which I won't.

Jesus dude, if nobody else wants them I’ll at least pay you shipping so you don’t throw them away

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ANAmal.net posted:

I'd love to have some blood ravens; I'm still working on my current army so they'd be nice for having an actual army to play and get experience with :)

My biggest disappointment on going from DoW to actual 40k fluff was learning that blood ravens aren't actually a main chapter or anything.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 30, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I’d actually really like the land raider and would be willing to pay shipping

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

I have like eight or ten thousand points of Dark Angels, so this is definitely not an army I need. Ideally I'd hand them off to a newbie (admittedly, getting into the hobby with 1500 points of Deathwing might not be the best introduction), but I already gave my Orks away to sucker my friend into 40k, so I don't have anyone nearby left to hustle with this.

I'll pay to ship them to anyone in the US, with the caveat that ideally it's gotta be someone new you're dragging into this terrible hobby, and you gotta post a battle report the first time they get used/get owned.

EDIT: List-wise it's Belial, a DW ancient, 5 guys (4 SB 1 AssCan, all ChainFists), 5 guys (3xLightning Claws, 1 Cyclone launcher, 1 SB/PF), a Venerable Dread, a Vindicator, and a Land Raider. So about 1400+ points worth of Vanguard detachment.

EDIT 2: I'm way too lazy to part this out, and the entire awful not-even-highlighted lot of them is getting sent to your might-be-able-to-sucker-into-40k friend, for the low low cost of a PM with an address in it.

ANAmal.net fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 30, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
That’s definitely a really good way to give those things out. The startup costs for starting a new army are pretty brutal

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I am new (last time I played was maany editions ago, only warhams currently is one inceptor squad and two LotD squads), and I'd be cool with posting a battle report of how badly those beautiful termie boys get owned (after finding the closest LGS). Also a couple of thread regulars get annoyed that I post ITT without having played yet so..

(Apologies if this comes across as annoying begging). I have a throwaway account at Sargeivichi101@gmail.com we could discuss this if there's no other newbies up for the lot.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 30, 2018

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

ANAmal.net posted:

I have like eight or ten thousand points of Dark Angels, so this is definitely not an army I need. Ideally I'd hand them off to a newbie (admittedly, getting into the hobby with 1500 points of Deathwing might not be the best introduction), but I already gave my Orks away to sucker my friend into 40k, so I don't have anyone nearby left to hustle with this.

I'll pay to ship them to anyone in the US, with the caveat that ideally it's gotta be someone new you're dragging into this terrible hobby, and you gotta post a battle report the first time they get used/get owned.

EDIT: List-wise it's Belial, a DW ancient, 5 guys (4 SB 1 AssCan, all ChainFists), 5 guys (3xLightning Claws, 1 Cyclone launcher, 1 SB/PF), a Venerable Dread, a Vindicator, and a Land Raider. So about 1400+ points worth of Vanguard detachment.

I've got a friend whose been interested in starting 40k, but he's got a newborn and doesn't have the time or money to buy, assemble, and paint everything. I'll ask him if he's interested, if that's cool with you.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

Duct Tape posted:

I've got a friend whose been interested in starting 40k, but he's got a newborn and doesn't have the time or money to buy, assemble, and paint everything. I'll ask him if he's interested, if that's cool with you.

This is 100% cool with me. Everything is cool with me, but paying it forward by using an army I don't need to get someone else into this, is absolutely what I was hoping for.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
I have lots of armies and don't need them but at least I'm not Neurolimal. I will pay shipping for you to send them to literally anyone else.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Booley posted:

I have lots of armies and don't need them but at least I'm not Neurolimal. I will pay shipping for you to send them to literally anyone else.

hahahah :drat:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

Booley posted:

Yeah I was literally going to crush them into a cube before I spent IRL dollars sending things to Neurolimal. Sorry pal, bad posting has consequences.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

ANAmal.net posted:

Yeah I was literally going to crush them into a cube before I spent IRL dollars sending things to Neurolimal. Sorry pal, bad posting has consequences.

:master:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
Good hams. I knew I kept coming back here for a reason.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Don't give them to Neuroliminal

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

ANAmal.net posted:

Hahaha

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'm gonna send models to Neurolimal. Bro what do you even want?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Necrons

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

ANAmal.net posted:

this made my night lol

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

ANAmal.net posted:

This is 100% cool with me. Everything is cool with me, but paying it forward by using an army I don't need to get someone else into this, is absolutely what I was hoping for.

Awesome! Sent you a PM.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Booley posted:

ANAmal.net posted:

:iceburn:

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Just got back from a really fun match, our local club is having a fun narrative 1250 campaign and our first matches were tonight. My Sisters took on 90+ something Orkz and made it through with very few losses, lost on points since I spent the game rhino/Immolator rushing and setting fire to Boyz instead of tagging the objectives, but at the end of the battle there were only two Orks left on the field so I'm happy. I made a ton of mistakes, poorly deployed my heavies, I forgot my deep strikers and when I did remember it was turn 4 so they were boned, I basically threw away my Celestions, I think they put one wound on the Warboss and then got mulched.

I am flabbergasted at the trouble double melee Canonesses can get in to , the two of them tore through 20+ Boys, some Meganobz, the Warboss and a Big Mek. Every turn they were stuck in I used my regular act of faith to give one of them double attacks. Do orks just not get invulnerable saves in melee? Blade of Admonition and Eviserator just made them all into mince meat.

The Exorcist saw it's first game and it did okay but I really didn't deploy it correctly so it didn't have many chances to shine, blew up a Truck and a handful of boyz. I'll try and do better with it next time.

I need to get a decent camera so I can take pics, the guy's Orkz were really well painted and had drat fine bases, made mine who are only a quarter based look very slovenly in comparison.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Jewelry Tray Supremacy:

66 32mm bases
44 32mm bases and 9 40mm bases sideways (pictured)

You can put tall guys sideways as opposed to stacking trays.

The 2" height fits Primaris guys perfectly except for guys with guns/swords raised into the air, and Aggressors with the launchers are a tad too tall.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 30, 2018

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Felime posted:

See, stuff like this is why I'm tempted to keep 3 jetbike shield captains and a slamguinius in my bag just in case someone is running full altaioc rear end in a top hat.

Would anyone pull that at the Nova narrative?

It is entirely possible that someone will want to go hard at the Narrative. However, most of that poo poo finds its way to the GT. The Narrative is a lot of people that have done it for years now and beardy poo poo is understood to be frowned-upon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

ANAmal.net posted:

Whoa, I would be very into this if Duct Tape's friend with a newborn doesn't pan out. I have never played 40k before and have been waffling on what army to start with for a couple weeks now. Lately I've been very close to pulling the trigger on the beginnings of a blood angels army, but a training wheels army sent straight to my door would be awesome.