Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i'm fairly sure rory could bash up anyone on their ww roster so moose at middleweight is bueno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mewse posted:

As a Canadian, I would be cheering for Mousasi

I followed him on twitter for a while. Rory is really into Andrew Scheer and bitcoin.

So yeah. Gonna cheer for Mousasi.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

In this can't possibly end well news Paulo Filho is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30wdd5CXgBk

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1002257138134040576

Teams of 12 fighters from several cities, competing in home and away matches with regular season, playoffs, and championship.

This "team MMA" concept seems really stupid, but I'll probably check it out if it has a free stream or is on TV.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rigel posted:

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1002257138134040576

Teams of 12 fighters from several cities, competing in home and away matches with regular season, playoffs, and championship.

This "team MMA" concept seems really stupid, but I'll probably check it out if it has a free stream or is on TV.

If it produces a single finish as good as Dan Miller vs. Decapitated Guy, it'll be worth the silly format.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
I actually thought the IFL idea was kind of interesting. Having camps vs camps actually kind of works, though injuries are gonna gently caress it up.

Also, I still want a Wolfpak shirt.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
IFL 2: Premium Channeloo

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Tapping that lucrative SFL market

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if theres no multimelee option to settle team vs team there's no point.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

THIS will be the time that the team mma concept succeeds.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm not opposed to gym vs gym cards. Esp if they do some of that Coker Sports Entertainment hijinks for the build.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Where is the Bamma pit? We could put that to good use here

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I misread this as the insane like 5 on 5 MMA and am very disappointed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

it isnt?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
It's like wrestling. Pairs of fighters at the same weight face off.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

It's like wrestling. Pairs of fighters at the same weight face off.

Or that season of TUF.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

vainman fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 2, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

spiked directly on the dome followed by a soccer kick to the back of the head. :drat:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
In the replay, I can see the case that he thought his opponent's head was gonna stay facing up, so was kicking the side.
That said, he was pretty clearly out.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
I think that ref is going to have a sore calf

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

kimbo305 posted:

In the replay, I can see the case that he thought his opponent's head was gonna stay facing up, so was kicking the side.
That said, he was pretty clearly out.

I can't see that at all. Looks like he just wanted to be a kicky boy, rules be damned

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

GOAT Bec Rawlins won her bareknuckle fight last night via TKO (cut stoppage, surprise).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grem posted:

GOAT Bec Rawlins won her bareknuckle fight last night via TKO (cut stoppage, surprise).

just what that woman needed, more blunt force trauma to her noggin.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This exists. Its much less interesting much more "this is utterly hosed up" and you want a shower after seeing it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

coconono posted:

just what that woman needed, more blunt force trauma to her noggin.

Actually believe it or not she absolutely beat the poo poo out of the other girl without taking any damage (besides her broke as gently caress hands now)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lid posted:

This exists. Its much less interesting much more "this is utterly hosed up" and you want a shower after seeing it.

I'm aware it's completely hosed up and that's why initially I was baffled/amazed at the idea of someone else going "This is a good idea"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Has chael/fedor gotten a date yet?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Not yet, last I heard they were hoping to put it on an east coast show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm aware it's completely hosed up and that's why initially I was baffled/amazed at the idea of someone else going "This is a good idea"

This is definitely an idea to wow investors that will not bear fruit. They're trying to scare up around a hundred competent MMA fighters who can fight at the national level. That'd be like if TUF decided to retain all the people that tried out for the show.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hi and welcome to cool workouts and i'll be your cool workouts guide today - fat shitrione. check it https://streamable.com/q5t1j

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

hip, blip, blip, ylip, ylip

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marching Powder posted:

hi and welcome to cool workouts and i'll be your cool workouts guide today - fat shitrione. check it https://streamable.com/q5t1j

threw out my back just watching that. No wonder heavyweight fights are like a full red moon.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Marching Powder posted:

My face hurts from laughing but I just keep watching it over and over. 12/10

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Marching Powder posted:

when you leave the dog tied up in the yard

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Mr. Nice! posted:

Has chael/fedor gotten a date yet?

When it happens I'll be posting here in all caps. Don't worry.

El Roncho posted:

My face hurts from laughing but I just keep watching it over and over. 12/10

How...how did nobody tell him he was about to poo poo out his intestines doing that?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
man no one mentioned that Joey Beltran was also in the bare knuckle fights last weekend, he was made for that poo poo.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I think just about everyone forgot about this, unless there's another thread I didn't notice. PFL 1 is tonight, prelims on Facebook, main card on NBC Sports Network.

The way their gimmick works, is everyone on their roster gets the same number of "regular season" fights, you earn points for wins and early finishes, and the best go to a playoff at the end of the year. The champion in each division gets a $1 million prize.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

CRISPYBABY posted:

man no one mentioned that Joey Beltran was also in the bare knuckle fights last weekend, he was made for that poo poo.

He actually went "ow, I don't want to do this type of fighting ever again; that poo poo hurt" in the backstage footage they posted, so I hope he doesn't become a regular there unless they pay surprisingly well.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Rigel posted:

I think just about everyone forgot about this, unless there's another thread I didn't notice. PFL 1 is tonight, prelims on Facebook, main card on NBC Sports Network.

The way their gimmick works, is everyone on their roster gets the same number of "regular season" fights, you earn points for wins and early finishes, and the best go to a playoff at the end of the year. The champion in each division gets a $1 million prize.

https://www.facebook.com/PFLmmaLive/videos/2047971245230389/

The prelims started a while ago. Every fight has ended in the 1st round so far. And Siler picked up a sweet triangle after getting walloped in a fight where his opponent was a 20:1 favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Yeah, its been fantastic so far, I've been enjoying the fights.

So, naturally the televised bouts tonight will probably suck.