Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

the fact that infinity war didn't START with a Titan younger-Thanos proposing his idea, being called a monster, and losing something precious to him is my only beef. Not even fully dialogued structured scenes, give some vague imagery that you remember later when he lays out
his plan. I don't want him to be sympathetic, but give him some real reason we immediately understand for his motivation that directs why he is so desperate and absolute in his conviction that killing half the universe will be a good thing.

Other than that it was a very good thanos movie, I liked it when he punched iron Man so hard that I think he may have accidentally synthesized another new element in his suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

i hope iron man dies and gets replaced by the vulture

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
They'll have a real hard time explaining why Iron Man isn't around in future movies if they don't kill him off in the next one.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tunicate posted:

Michael Keaton only signed a 1-movie deal, so while that would be awesome, it's not happening.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Memento posted:

Michael Keaton only signed a 1-movie deal, so while that would be awesome, it's not happening.

Good. He needs to keep fresh to play Old Bruce in a Batman Beyond live action movie.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zebulon posted:

Good. He needs to keep fresh to play Old Bruce in a Batman Beyond live action movie.

:bisonyes:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zebulon posted:

Do not tease my brain with this.
Beyond was such a good series.

The end of Homecoming has Vulture and Scorpion talking. It makes me yearn for a Sinister Six movie. Make it a comedy heist film where Spider-Man is their foil but largely in the background.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zebulon posted:

I didn't know I needed this in my life until I read this post, oh man.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They could use some recurring villains in the MCU, actually. I realize they're all about decisively beating a threat but maybe they'd be more interesting if they weren't. Get some Norman Osborn in there.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Infinity War should have been called "Thanos: the Hand of Fate"

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

HisMajestyBOB posted:

You motherfucker.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

They could use some recurring villains in the MCU, actually. I realize they're all about decisively beating a threat but maybe they'd be more interesting if they weren't. Get some Norman Osborn in there.

No, because then they'll be like the 1970's/80's Superman with Lex Luthor in every loving movie.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Memento posted:

Except that he's coming back in Spider-Man 2.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

rantmo posted:

Except that he's coming back in Spider-Man 2.

can't wait to see keaton perform the "it's so good" line

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

My Lovely Horse posted:

There's really just Loki in this seat, and I think even he's supposed to have taken some kind of turn for the good guys (I haven't seen Thor Ragnarok yet). There's villains that aren't actually dead, but they happen to not be the 'muscle' villains, so they aren't exactly the types that leave people scared or big names to draw people's eyes. From what I've seen so far--everything up to Guardians of the Galaxy--the only living villains are Justin Hammer from Iron Man 2, and the Hydra loyalists from Winter Soldier.

And I say gently caress yeah, that's perfect, that's all we need. Bring back Justin Hammer, these movies don't have nearly enough Sam Rockwell. He has the potential to scale very well, too, you could write Hammer in as a localized villain for Spider-Man, a larger organized opponent for Captain America or Iron Man again, or a global threat for an Avengers movie.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dormammu from Dr. Strange, too, but he’s probably not in a hurry to come back to Earth

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Dormammu from Dr. Strange, too, but he’s probably not in a hurry to come back to Earth

Instead of Dormammu, they should bring his cousin Rorkannu:

:allears:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cleretic posted:

There's really just Loki in this seat, and I think even he's supposed to have taken some kind of turn for the good guys (I haven't seen Thor Ragnarok yet). There's villains that aren't actually dead, but they happen to not be the 'muscle' villains, so they aren't exactly the types that leave people scared or big names to draw people's eyes. From what I've seen so far--everything up to Guardians of the Galaxy--the only living villains are Justin Hammer from Iron Man 2, and the Hydra loyalists from Winter Soldier.

And I say gently caress yeah, that's perfect, that's all we need. Bring back Justin Hammer, these movies don't have nearly enough Sam Rockwell. He has the potential to scale very well, too, you could write Hammer in as a localized villain for Spider-Man, a larger organized opponent for Captain America or Iron Man again, or a global threat for an Avengers movie.

They never did capture Batroc the Leaper

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

HisMajestyBOB posted:

You have given my life new meaning with this masterful Dad pun. You have all of my upvotes.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Davros1 posted:

They never did capture Batroc the Leaper
He's shown being interrogated by Interpol or somesuch halfway through Winter Soldier.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Tunicate posted:

Keaton really is Birdman!

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Pretty sure Zemo is still trucking since Black Panther stopped his suicide. He wasn't exactly super memorable but I could definitely see Daniel Bruhl coming back to set up some big plot. Also it's Zemo, he's not in the public consciousness but he is at least Kang level in the Marvel Universe.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

TGG posted:

Pretty sure Zemo is still trucking since Black Panther stopped his suicide. He wasn't exactly super memorable but I could definitely see Daniel Bruhl coming back to set up some big plot. Also it's Zemo, he's not in the public consciousness but he is at least Kang level in the Marvel Universe.

Zemo was the most sympathetic MCU villain by a wide margin.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Matt Damon unexpectedly appearing in movies is a trend I could get used to. I somehow managed to avoid any mention of his casting in Interstellar before I saw it, and when Mann woke up out of the hypersleep coffin, I was like, "hang on, is that-?"

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Biplane posted:

Zemo was the most sympathetic MCU villain by a wide margin.

Vulture

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

The abomination from Hulk is still "in shield custody" but I'm pretty sure Tim Roth wasn't very keen on coming back so doubtful he'll be heard from again.

There's also the scientist who tries to help Banner that they teased at becoming a Hulk villain, unlikely but it would be neat to see him randomly pop up again with a mega-brain.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dragonstoned posted:

The abomination from Hulk is still "in shield custody" but I'm pretty sure Tim Roth wasn't very keen on coming back so doubtful he'll be heard from again.

There's also the scientist who tries to help Banner that they teased at becoming a Hulk villain, unlikely but it would be neat to see him randomly pop up again with a mega-brain.

Well they didn't bring back Norton, so no reason to bring back Roth.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It would have been a terrible idea but recasting Banner every movie would have been hilarious

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Len posted:

It would have been a terrible idea but recasting Banner every movie would have been hilarious

Have the previous Banner in the intro as he Hulks up. First time he goes back to Banner BAM its the new guy. Gamma ray science magic!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Dragonstoned posted:

Pretty sure that was a set up for The Leader and, yeah, that's a dangling plot thread I wish they'd use. Along with the contaminated soda or beer or whatever it was.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BiggerBoat posted:

Pretty sure that was a set up for The Leader and, yeah, that's a dangling plot thread I wish they'd use. Along with the contaminated soda or beer or whatever it was.

That was Stan Lee.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Phy posted:

Matt Damon unexpectedly appearing in movies is a trend I could get used to. I somehow managed to avoid any mention of his casting in Interstellar before I saw it, and when Mann woke up out of the hypersleep coffin, I was like, "hang on, is that-?"

I think they deliberately avoided him being part of the movie in promo stuff, it was a surprise for me as well.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Alan Tudyk and Matt Damon both had cameos in Deadpool 2 that I enjoyed.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
When Dr. Mann was revealed in Interstellar my friends & I looked at each other and said the same thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPWJOJYVKc

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz

Android Apocalypse posted:

When Dr. Mann was revealed in Interstellar my friends & I looked at each other and said the same thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPWJOJYVKc

I knew what that would be before I clicked it. I like you and your friends.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

HisMajestyBOB posted:

It's too bad gloves aren't called handshoes in English, that'd make it even better.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

HisMajestyBOB posted:

oh yeah you where right, marvel just had a leak with the infinity wars 2 opening theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeyYDxZ9KGk

now torgo gets his power cane

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Gann Jerrod posted:

I’ve found the best Pun Cosplay ever.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im looking forward to Michael B Jordan playing idk a dad or whatever, some kind of real movie that works his chops