Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

There's no way in hell the game has Pokemon Go mechanics beyond Joycon motion/single catching and the Pokemon Go Plus-style device. They show 4 moves and menus just like any other Pokemon game. There's going to be normal Pokemon leveling. There's will be no candy for evolutions. It's like most of you never watched the trailer Nintendo just dropped.

my dude there's cp ratings and "number of these pokemon caught" counts right in the trailer that apparently nobody else but you watched. go mechanics are already in, right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i dont care about an eevee or pikachu that i cant evolve. SOrry

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bongo Bill posted:

A box... in a bag? That doesn't make any sense. I can't envision it.

You can carry over 900 of over a dozen different types of Poké Balls, and we know they can shrink to smaller size for easier storage

The fact they're only now letting you carry a literal bag of pokémon amuses me greatly and much like Repels asking if you'd like to use another, is something they should've done 15 years ago

Could be why they're only letting you access 150 pokémon, so Pikachu and Eevee aren't outclassed by better options

Even though they already are, in the form of...basically any other Electric/Normal type

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this SPINOFF could be good and fun

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
A spinoff that hews a little closer to the mainline RPGs is certainly welcome, even if some of these design choices are mystifying

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

heres my take: going back to kanto is fine but having it just be a remake of yellow fused with frlg is lame. keeping to the original 151 would be fine to me if they also included all evolutions and prevolutions they added later. not being able to evolve the pikachu and eevee is extremely lame and makes me want to box them immediately. the wild pokemon capture changes are weird and probably not good but i dont care that much. riding pokemon is good. pokemon go is bad

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
pokemon quest looks good

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tired Moritz posted:

pokemon quest looks good

It’s out now and it’s not very good.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
:(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Holy poo poo, not letting Eevee evolve is really loving missing the point of what makes Eevee so popular.

It's the evolution Pokémon, it can evolve into a lot of different forms, that's what makes it interesting and unique.

What is your damage Gamefreak?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Holy poo poo, not letting Eevee evolve is really loving missing the point of what makes Eevee so popular.

It's the evolution Pokémon, it can evolve into a lot of different forms, that's what makes it interesting and unique.

What is your damage Gamefreak?

Why does it matter? You can catch other Eevees to evolve in the wild as many times as you want and now you get an adorable dress-up Eevee too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Should have been Jigglypuff instead for the second version since no one likes Wigglytuffs.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
The 2019 title will likely have a new region with new Pokemon. The dream of a Kanto/Johto game with a story set decades after RBY and GSC seems less likely right now. Hopefully at the next anniversary or whenever.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

sharrrk posted:

heres my take: going back to kanto is fine but having it just be a remake of yellow fused with frlg is lame. keeping to the original 151 would be fine to me if they also included all evolutions and prevolutions they added later. not being able to evolve the pikachu and eevee is extremely lame and makes me want to box them immediately. the wild pokemon capture changes are weird and probably not good but i dont care that much. riding pokemon is good. pokemon go is bad

:agreed:

Honestly I’m probably gonna duck on these. However they at least look visually cool and I hope Let’s Go is an opportunity for Game Freak to cut its teeth on the switch.

Gonna be real cool when following pokemon are absent again from the core games. :negative:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

dungeon cousin posted:

The 2019 title will likely have a new region with new Pokemon. The dream of a Kanto/Johto game with a story set decades after RBY and GSC seems less likely right now. Hopefully at the next anniversary or whenever.

I was only dreaming that because of these leaks, new region supremacy

also lmfao at niantic still not being able to get their poo poo in order, I tried to launch Go on my 6S and it just crashes forever

a brief google reveals that this issue has been an issue since early 2017, possibly longer :allears:

This Is Good For Let's Go

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Pokemon: Let’s Go Muk! would have me singing a different tune entirely tho

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Pokemon: Let's Go Caterpie! and Weedle! with contests where you're judged on dressing up the cutest bug. :3:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Pokemon: Let's Go Caterpie! and Weedle! with contests where you're judged on dressing up the cutest bug. :3:

And then you lose to some poser with a scyther or pinsir

I've played enough Bug-Catching Contests to see where this is going

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
At least its less of a cheap cashgrab than ORAS and USUM.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

At least its less of a cheap cashgrab than ORAS and USUM.

ORAS kinda sucked but I'm not sure I'd call it a cheap cash grab.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Why does it matter? You can catch other Eevees to evolve in the wild as many times as you want and now you get an adorable dress-up Eevee too.

People like being able to use their starters

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

The hate Let's Go! Is getting is like, whoa, calm down. Its okay to be disapointed but no one pissed in your cheerios and ruined your day by putting this out. Maybe if it was the only game being released I'd understand a bit better but we also know that Gen 8 is gonna drop in 2019 now.

Its biggest offense is that it's kinda lackluster for old fans who've stuck with the series for most of it's run but its not any worse looking then when we got FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS and those were all decent remakes. That it's a mid step between Go and a console game makes sense as a way to get new players young and old to get (back) into the games at a time where intrest in thep Swich is high and pokemon is more popular thanks in part to Go.

Pokemon Quest also dropped and is live and it's a cute little freemium game. Its like a Dungeon game and... thats it? You go around levels and beat up other pokemon to discover pokemon themed relics. The "dlc" is mostly there to give you access to decorations and a handful of good pokemon earlier then you can in the main campaign. Its not a great boon though. I was able to get both a Hitmonlee AND a shiny Grimer just farting around.

Personally, the only thing I'd like to see from Let's Go, Go and Quest is pokebank compatibility when they do roll out gen 8 but that's a ways off so I might as well enjoy what have right now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just want a pokemon dungeon game that isnt poo poo

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I just want a pokemon dungeon game that isnt poo poo

Uh, Super Mystery Dungeon exists?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If you and a friend both throw a pokeball and it gets captured, doesn't that mean that the Pokemon gets torn in half?
[there used to be a "cleaved fairy" pun here, it's gone now]

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also the Let's Go games look like a good excuse as any to buy a Switch in preparation for the 2019 titles, which is good. I mean it makes a lot of marketing sense, kids these days probably start their contact with Pokemon games with Pokemon Go, so making this as a stepping stone between Go and mainline titles is okay in my book.

Plus the coop seems like a great way to re-introduce my wife to the series, even though it will only probably only reinforce her "There's only 150 real Pokemon" stance, but then again she never played any of the games.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Co-op will introduce the next generation of players to double battles, the best kind of battles.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Kikas posted:

Plus the coop seems like a great way to re-introduce my wife to the series, even though it will only probably only reinforce her "There's only 150 real Pokemon" stance, but then again she never played any of the games.

:sever:

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

wait, the Let's Go games will have online battles and trading? If so I'm back on board

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Whoever does not evolve their starter and allow it to reach peak potential is a disgrace to trainers everywhere.
This is why I consider Yellow to be non canon, and same for Let's Go.
LAnd the Light Ball is cheating.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It matters because I want to be able to dress up a Sylveon :saddowns: I think he needs more ribbons.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

.TakaM posted:

wait, the Let's Go games will have online battles and trading? If so I'm back on board

Last word is "Nope we made a mistake retranslating what we thought was mistranslated, it's local only still"

Which doesn't exclude the possibility of them getting their online poo poo in order before November so at this rate I'd say "don't preorder it and see what it looks like when it launches"

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Last word is "Nope we made a mistake retranslating what we thought was mistranslated, it's local only still"

Which doesn't exclude the possibility of them getting their online poo poo in order before November so at this rate I'd say "don't preorder it and see what it looks like when it launches"
I've read the "local multiplayer only" was in regards to the co-op and that the game will still feature online trading and battling. Can't wait to get some concrete clarification on this

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

absolutely anything posted:

my dude there's cp ratings and "number of these pokemon caught" counts right in the trailer that apparently nobody else but you watched. go mechanics are already in, right there

My dude pokemon have levels and four moves in battle right in the trailer that you apparently didn't watch. Mainline pokemon mechanics are already in, right there.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

That was definitely a blink it and you’ll miss it moment. Probably deliberate to not scare off casuals or something. :effort:

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I'm thinking of picking up USUM because it's been a while since i played a DS pokemans

Is there like 50 minutes of cutscenes before actually allowed to do anything like in SM or do I have some freedom? I barely got to the second island as it killed all motivation to play it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I woke up and checked my tarot deck. Looks like Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee! and Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu still look boring.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I can't believe that the Pokemon are still making Dial-up noises instead of saying their names. Really Nintendo? Really?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Muppetjedi posted:

I'm thinking of picking up USUM because it's been a while since i played a DS pokemans

Is there like 50 minutes of cutscenes before actually allowed to do anything like in SM or do I have some freedom? I barely got to the second island as it killed all motivation to play it

It's the same, the plot differences start only at Aether Paradise. And even then it's pretty much the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

You still get cutscenes but they cut down and move to the point much quicker, you get your starter pretty much right away too.