Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Like "problematic," white fragility is obviously also a real/legitimate thing that is best represented by the sort of white person who jumps into a conversation between PoC and talks about how Not All White People are bad or whatever.

As I've stated before, the only time I ever personally have a problem is when the language of social justice is turned against the radical left (or left-wing or otherwise good ideas, like the anti-monarchy stuff earlier), because at that point it's no longer harmless, regardless of who's saying it. Such a thing is no different than trying to suggest pro-choice people are uniquely bigoted or something; it's equally false and harmful in both cases.

Back to the fragility stuff, there are many people who would point to what I just said and claim that it's white fragility, presumably because I'm vocally disagreeing in the first place. But the main difference is that my disagreement isn't because I was personally offended, but because I'm ideologically opposed to liberal attempts at smearing the left as bigoted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

sleep with the vicious posted:

i keep getting roseanne and rosie o donell confused

trumps feud w/ rosie was great

Holy poo poo... I was wondering when Roseanne got over her beef with Trump and became a fan.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Same on the Roseanne/Rosie thing too

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Roseanne is retweeting a bunch of racist people defending her now, it rules

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They're both fat unfunny white women so it's easy to get confused, guaranteed rosie is racist as gently caress behind closed doors too

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

Blue Train posted:

They're both fat unfunny white women so it's easy to get confused, guaranteed rosie is racist as gently caress behind closed doors too

quote:

“You know, you can imagine in China it’s like ‘ching chong, ching chong chong, Danny DeVito, ching chong chong chong, drunk, “The View,” ching chong,”’ the 44-year-old comedian said.
https://www.today.com/popculture/rosie-says-she-s-sorry-mocking-chinese-wbna16211464

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I am shocked.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jewel Repetition has issued a correction as of 05:32 on May 30, 2018

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Mr President, I've got to words for you:

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
I want more white people to define and rationalize white fragility so I can finally understand plz.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

white fragility is when it's finally summer and you go swimming in the ocean and manage to get terrible sunburn after like 15 minutes

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shut the gently caress up you lame dorks

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

Shut the gently caress up you lame dorks

please do not throw stones from my glass house, i like it here

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

sorry to disrupt your safe space guys but i've got the wokest of all woke brands, the british armed forces, for some content:

https://twitter.com/blp_1995/status/1001860411182940160

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

sleep with the vicious posted:

i keep getting roseanne and rosie o donell confused

trumps feud w/ rosie was great

holy poo poo they're different people?

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Best Giraffe posted:

holy poo poo they're different people?

I swear I having this revelation once a year.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
https://twitter.com/SanofiUS/status/1001824999496404992

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

surely a sleeping pill maker should be the opposite of a woke brand

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

OmanyteJackson posted:

I swear I having this revelation once a year.

as far as I can tell I have literally never known this

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I could actually buy the idea of Ambien increasing the chance of someone blurting out bad thoughts they already believed but chose not to express, in the same way as alcohol or something.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I could actually buy the idea of Ambien increasing the chance of someone blurting out bad thoughts they already believed but chose not to express, in the same way as alcohol or something.

ambien is a hell of a drug, my understanding is that it can make you do basically anything and not even be conscious of it
never heard of sleep-posting though

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

this is actually -kind- of a thing. ambien is one of those things you're not supposed to take for too long or else the chances of Bad poo poo happening increase, particularly if mixed with alcohol. fun fact: the vast majority of drug abuse in the military is sleep aid abuse! booze is slightly harder to come by, but sleeping pills are easy, and the average soldier is nothing if not ingenious when it comes to finding a way to get hosed up.

thing is, getting PROPERLY hosed up on ambien can lead to a straight up disassociative fugue state, where you start treating the waking world like it's a particularly lovely dream, and start acting accordingly. the chuds are obviously grasping at straws here to justify defending Roseanne, but Ambien's shot back is at least a little classic woke brand behavior.

yes, racism is not a recorded side effect of ambien.

taking a gun, wandering off base and shooting up a building full of iraqi civilians, well, look, that only happened that dozen or so times

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I met the woman who would eventually become my wife in the midst of an Ambien fugue state. I had also set a pot of pasta on the stove with no water and nearly burned my apartment down. I never did tweet a racism though :shrug:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ze Pollack posted:

thing is, getting PROPERLY hosed up on ambien can lead to a straight up disassociative fugue state, where you start treating the waking world like it's a particularly lovely dream, and start acting accordingly. the chuds are obviously grasping at straws here to justify defending Roseanne, but Ambien's shot back is at least a little classic woke brand behavior.

Yeah, I used to be prescribed it years back until one time when my parents randomly found me stumbling around the house walking into walls. They were naturally concerned about this and took me to the ER. The really scary thing is I have exactly zero recollection of anything, including the ER trip, despite apparently being conscious the whole time. I guess I'm lucky I didn't try to drive or something, since I've heard horror stories about that. Apparently what happened is I took my nightly dose and then the medicine made me forget I had already taken it, leading me to repeat this multiple times until I had taken too much. Needless to say, I stopped using it after that.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/jribas/status/1001840602571526145

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lets have a moment of silence for the hardships that brands face today, and for the brands that are no longer with us.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I’m wearing all my favorite brands, brands, brands, brands

-taio cruz

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

if drugging people on ambien worked as a truth serum the cia would already be doing it lol

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i liked the Detroit Red Wings hastily tweeting that they were in no way affiliated with the Charlottesville neo-nazis when a few people used their logo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
reminder that end of june is pride week

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Gay white men are the white women of the QUILTBAG community

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminder that end of june is pride week

Good ol' Johnny "the steubenville whores had it coming" Aravosis

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

a woke brand, floating in the oily-slick sea of a bunch of posts about race

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MizPiz posted:

never forget how they all shuttered their groups and declared the end of discrimination as soon as Obergefell hit the page

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Weeping Wound posted:

never forget how they all shuttered their groups and declared the end of discrimination as soon as Obergefell hit the page

That is somewhat impressive, most civil rights groups just straight up turn into grift org's once they accomplish their stated goals.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

MizPiz posted:

Lol I remember saying something like "people dont complain about toxic white feminism" when people pointed out dumbass white gay dudes and Ive been tasting foot ever since

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/alzassociation/status/1002362080236834817

keldoge
Nov 13, 2016

the bitcoin of weed posted:

ambien is a hell of a drug, my understanding is that it can make you do basically anything and not even be conscious of it
never heard of sleep-posting though

A former co-worker once told me about how she would get up and try to clean without remembering it. She didn't realize it was happening until her son told her about it. Barr probably did post it in that state of mind, but her other posts/IRL statements indicate she's got some issues with being prejudiced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Ambien just makes you more susceptible to weird uninhibited behavior, like eating whole pies in the middle of the night or buying poo poo at 3 AM on QVC.

It’s like getting black out drunk but without the fun drinking part before hand and you wake up at work not remembering how you even got there.