Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CJacobs posted:

It's also the reason Steam should have an "unsubscribe all" button because I do not like slowly chewing through 10 pages of mods I've subscribed to every time I wanna wipe the slate clean or a major content update comes out that breaks everything.

Isn't there an unsubscribe all in the in-game interface?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Kilonum posted:

Automagically bulldozes any abandoned/destroyed buildings

Destroyed I get, but don't abandoned buildings eventually get repopulated and rebuilt?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MikeJF posted:

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

add this to your bookmarks: java script:(function(){jQuery('[id^=UnsubscribeItemBtn]').map(function(){this.click()})})()

Nice.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

MikeJF posted:

Yeah there's a mod for this

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Minenfeld! posted:

Destroyed I get, but don't abandoned buildings eventually get repopulated and rebuilt?

This game needs a squatters mechanic so we can create anarchist utopias.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Negrostrike posted:

This game needs a squatters mechanic so we can create anarchist utopias.

Needs a decent wealth mechanic first.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

xergm posted:

The sale must have everyone returning. I started playing again this weekend after a long hiatus since the game came out. I actually didn't buy anything since I bought all the DLC I wanted last time they went on sale.

So far, traffic is flowing pretty smoothly using Traffic Manager. I've been trying to be conscious about having some main arterial roads and using stop signs on the connecting side roads. So far everything is working nicely, but we'll have to see how it scales.

I contemplated buying some of the DLC due to the sales, but between having no time to play due to other obligations and the realization that by now modding is the game, same as Skyrim, decided to pass. Some other time.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
what population would say marks the change from a beginner city>intermediate

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
10k? Need to start actually considering traffic then

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Yea I blow up a lot of cities in the transition from doing alright sub 10k to getting high density zoning and loving the population bump to oh no I have ~15-20k people and there are dead bodies and trash everywhere and the poop is turning the corner to beachtown

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Are there any nice non-youtube based traffic guides out there? I'm starting to sort of get the hang of things, but I don't feel like I'm really getting it. While I'm at it, same question for public transportation. Should I just do subways for days?

Ultimately the daunting thing is what to do when your fuckup of a road commission is now deeply embedded in the core of your city.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

I wish I wasn't bad as the fundamentals so I could enjoy doing creative detailed oriented building

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Warmachine posted:

Are there any nice non-youtube based traffic guides out there? I'm starting to sort of get the hang of things, but I don't feel like I'm really getting it. While I'm at it, same question for public transportation. Should I just do subways for days?

Ultimately the daunting thing is what to do when your fuckup of a road commission is now deeply embedded in the core of your city.

I learned a lot from this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522776740

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Starting playing this again since Parklife came out and I managed to blow up my unmodded save by not realizing that 'Reset Configuration' also unchecks the European style buildings that come with the game so half my services disappeared. At least I know about CSL Map View now so I can record the layout and try to redo it better.

Subways are effective once you get to mid-sized cities but I try not to use them since they're invisible. It's just more satisfying to watch the surface trams and trains chugging along.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I decided to use the no pipes and no powerline mods.

I don't want to bother with putting forth infrastructure.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

I uh, didn't know that was a thing, of course it is though

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

It's really dumb having to put like 3 high tension power line tower things up in order to get electricity across a freeway.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

IAmTheRad posted:

Yeah these are pretty essential mods, specially the no pipes. Just mindless busywork, bad design.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

that is super helpful, thanks

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Here's some wholesome roundabout with elevated walkways. That guide helped me a ton! The full thing is ugly as sin because I was trying to cram it onto uneven terrain after the fact.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Warmachine posted:

Here's some wholesome roundabout with elevated walkways. That guide helped me a ton! The full thing is ugly as sin because I was trying to cram it onto uneven terrain after the fact.

get move it and fix the elevations

Webguy20
Dec 31, 2007
I actually like the gentle elevation changes. I'd just fix the ramp on the far left, it looks a bit steep.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

you should still get move it because its game changing

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Webguy20 posted:

I actually like the gentle elevation changes. I'd just fix the ramp on the far left, it looks a bit steep.

Yeah, I think that's what is so pleasing about it to me. It looks very natural. The steep ramp is the result of needing to make a very tight turn because I didn't want to eminent domain any more of the commercial zoning. Really wish steep pedestrian ramps became stairs.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

There's a mod for little park things with towers to be "pedestrian elevators" and connect ground-level paths to various levels of raised paths with a building.

They're great for being able to build pedestrian crossings over busy roads without having to eminent domain half your CBD for ramp space.

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
i got distracted today and spent a couple of hours detailing a small quarry

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So is this the thread to talk about Cities: Skylines on the Xbone? Started playing this thanks to the game pass and I was wondering if the DLC was worth picking up since the game feels like it's missing a lot of content in its sections (garbage only having the options of landfill and incinerator but no recycling centers?)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

So is this the thread to talk about Cities: Skylines on the Xbone? Started playing this thanks to the game pass and I was wondering if the DLC was worth picking up since the game feels like it's missing a lot of content in its sections (garbage only having the options of landfill and incinerator but no recycling centers?)

I'm happy to have the DLC items myself, but if they hadn't been a part of the Steam sale, I probably would have passed and lived in happy ignorance of my lack of recycling centers. Which are currently all I use for trash collection.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Warmachine posted:

I'm happy to have the DLC items myself, but if they hadn't been a part of the Steam sale, I probably would have passed and lived in happy ignorance of my lack of recycling centers. Which are currently all I use for trash collection.

The Gamepass puts the Season Pass for the DLC on sale so my idea was to buy the Season Pass and eventually buy the game used at Gamestop once they took it off the pass.

Though looking at the Xbox version, it appears that the Green Cities DLC isn't out on consoles yet. :smith:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
If an asset has been removed from the workshop and isn't coming back and is now causing a 'simulation failed' error so I can't load my save, is there any way to fix it without starting again?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

serious gaylord posted:

If an asset has been removed from the workshop and isn't coming back and is now causing a 'simulation failed' error so I can't load my save, is there any way to fix it without starting again?

smods.ru has offsite backups of most Steam Workshop items. You can probably find it there.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

I guess they finally added an UNSUBSCRIBE ALL button to the Steam Workshop interface. I just stumbled across this a few minutes ago and I'm not sure when it was added. Either way because the question has come up in the thread recently:

1. Go to the Steam Workshop under Cities: Skylines
2. There is a box to the right of the "Most Popular Items in the past week" header. It says, "YOUR FILES" and underneath that click on "SUBSCRIBED ITEMS".
3. Clicking that should produce a list of all Workshop mod subscriptions filtered to only include Cities: Skylines. To the right is an "UNSUBSCRIBE FROM ALL" button.
4. Click button. If you've ever had to spend any amount of time futzing around with this game and it's absolute myriad of mods upon mods upon mods you may experience a moment of rapturous joy. Don't worry, that'll fade when you have to go back and subscribe to everything again.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
Is there a way to scale the UI in this game at all? Even at minimum resolution the text is unreadably small on my monitor, and many UI elements are so tiny that they're difficult to interact with

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I dunno Pickup, the situation seems pretty clear to me.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Recently (since the last expansion, maybe?) I've noticed that my busses are all going back home to the depot at the end of the day. There's enough of them that there's a huge traffic jam which doesn't clear by the end of the night, and the new busses which seem to get generated for nighttime use don't get out in service.

The hosed thing is, i have identical 100% bus funding for both day AND night. Why are my goddamn busses abandoning their post?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Albino Squirrel posted:

Recently (since the last expansion, maybe?) I've noticed that my busses are all going back home to the depot at the end of the day. There's enough of them that there's a huge traffic jam which doesn't clear by the end of the night, and the new busses which seem to get generated for nighttime use don't get out in service.

The hosed thing is, i have identical 100% bus funding for both day AND night. Why are my goddamn busses abandoning their post?

The day shift drivers just want to go home and see their families, you monster.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

Can you run the loading screen mod to try to isolate the specific asset, then remove said asset using the content manager in the title menu? I had to restart after the 81 tiles mod (I think) started doing this to me. It sucked, but I also got to cull the mods that were destroying my frame rate.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Fall Dog posted:

Can you run the loading screen mod to try to isolate the specific asset, then remove said asset using the content manager in the title menu? I had to restart after the 81 tiles mod (I think) started doing this to me. It sucked, but I also got to cull the mods that were destroying my frame rate.

Ah cool hadn't thought of doing that. I thought once it was gone it was gone and you couldnt carry on without it being in there.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Fall Dog posted:

That won't fix the issue if it's an asset that's been placed or used in the save, IE, a network or building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can get the names of the missing asset and maybe find it somewhere else tho