Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Meh I never really got too excited for any fall out game past the first one , it just did everything right

Moving to an fps kind of killed it for me in a way

And now at this point what could he exciting will surely be more dull metal , grey and brown landscapes, and dusty nothingness

They could have taken it in a whole new direction but nope it's the same old "maybe THIS vault will really be the one"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Fallout 4 was easily the most boring one yet.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Combat Theory posted:

Never forget Jerking Pompeii Dude

archeology makes for some really good laughs

Stealing a post from GBS but "J.O. vs The Volcano" made me lol real hard.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hav posted:

Don't do the radiants and stop talking to Preston.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_76

YEAH BUT ITS IN MY QUEST LOG GOD DAMNIT! :brokenpipboy:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Glenn Quebec posted:

Fallout 4 was easily the most boring one yet.

And had the best companion. Valentine

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

Stealing a post from GBS but "J.O. vs The Volcano" made me lol real hard.

:piss:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen has been working on Procedural Tech since the reveal in 2015 (so add about 6+ months for safe-keeping)... They've had 3 years and have given people 3 moons, none of which have any vegetation. And every planet shown in their demos are single-biome affairs.

"BUT ITS THE BEST PROCEDURAL TECH EVERRRRRRR"

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

squirrelzipper posted:

This 27k package made me realize that I’m doing it all wrong. My wife just convinced me we need to buy a ‘grown up’ car (we’re in our 40’s). I refuse to buy new cars but we compromised on a 2017 Audi A4 Teknik. It’s nice. It has a heads up display, a digital context sensitive dash, a 12” ‘mobi’ style screen, semi-autonomous driving. After some haggling and trade in of our lovely old car it cost us 32k Canadian. Or, to put it in perspective, 91% of the new Legato package (35k CAD).

My real life HUD/AI enabled vehicle is 10% cheaper than Crobbers JPG package. This is loving hilarious to me on so many levels.

Quoting this because it needs to be repeated. :)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Scruffpuff posted:

He's fine - he's just "waiting for his space game."

I'm really confused why he didn't donate money to Pepperidge Farm instead. They're more of a game development studio than CIG is, and have a much greater chance of making a game.

So does every company, now that I think of it.

Pepperidge Farm is doing some seriously innovative poo poo. Dulce de Leche Milano is not a joke, and Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Milano punches above its weight.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Does Pepperidge Farms sell a completionist pack of cookies?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AlbieQuirky posted:

Pepperidge Farm is doing some seriously innovative poo poo. Dulce de Leche Milano is not a joke, and Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Milano punches above its weight.

Europe would like a word about their cultural appropriation, and there's a coming hobnob apocalypse you 'cookie eaters' are unaware of.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

Europe would like a word about their cultural appropriation, and there's a coming hobnob apocalypse you 'cookie eaters' are unaware of.

Sorry, America archers poo poo.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Just... just don't look at all the pictures! Remember me for what I was!

I think of you as being a bit like the cruise ship in the visual novel 999: grand, deadly and sinking with a vengeance. It might have been your sister, though.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gravity_Storm posted:

As a counterpoint, if CIG were making pizzas they would cost $8000 Ben would have eaten them all

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Hav posted:

No hobnobs... Seriously?
What sort of cultural wasteland do Americans live in?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Welcome, friend. :)

Take my hand and hold tight. You're about to see some stuff.

Oh dear, The Titanic is about to drag a poor newcomer down into the depths again :ohdear:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Scruff and Hav have convinced me to revisit Fallout 4, dambit. It’s been long enough since I played it I might find I can lose myself in it for a good stretch again.

Honestly if the game had a companion that was the equal of someone like Veronica in New Vegas, I’d not have stopped playing. She was such a surprise and such a blast to go into a fight with for all the little moments like this. I felt similarly about Fawkes in Fallout 3. It’s funner exploring big rear end worlds with great companions like that. I’m not sure I found one in Fallout 4 that lived up to those hopes yet.

Also, :lol: at hailing him as The and That Kazan. So good.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Quavers posted:

Holy poo poo

fallout 4 was poo poo.

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

intardnation posted:

fallout 4 was poo poo.

that's why they skipped the next 71

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
bethesda ruined fallout. its just a poo poo rpg with their poo poo writing in their poo poo engine. all the iconic aspects of fallout come directly from the originals. but what sucks the most is they've turned it into a gigantic franchise.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Truga posted:

that's why they skipped the next 71

Good, cause I don't have the 27k it would cost to purchase them all and their DLC

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
i would pledge 27,000 to CIG if they could remake an rpg like the original fallout in star engine. that you could play on mobiglass while hauling cargo for hours. bethesda should pay them to do that think of how much more popular fallout would be

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'll play the gently caress out of a fallout wasteland littered with lovely stories if it runs well in VR unlike f4vr tbh.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

I see you haven't had the pleasure of meeting the wife.

Now I'm curious

XK posted:

For the curious, that was a Pompei victim.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/health/pompeii-victim-crushed-rock-eruption-intl-trnd/index.html

Extra: They think that was part of a door.

Are you saying even the whole thing with lethal doors is just Chris ripping off a 79 AD volcano eruption? I'm disappointed :smith:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

tuo posted:

Well, if Clifford is proficient in one thing, it's buying fans.

underrated post

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

:vince:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

tuo posted:

A good post , but patently untrue

The dude has the most flaccid following and viewership since that guy I watched who's whole shtick was 'I'm a loving hobo'

Oh wait

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

Scruff and Hav have convinced me to revisit Fallout 4, dambit. It’s been long enough since I played it I might find I can lose myself in it for a good stretch again.

Honestly if the game had a companion that was the equal of someone like Veronica in New Vegas, I’d not have stopped playing. She was such a surprise and such a blast to go into a fight with for all the little moments like this. I felt similarly about Fawkes in Fallout 3. It’s funner exploring big rear end worlds with great companions like that. I’m not sure I found one in Fallout 4 that lived up to those hopes yet.

Nick is in Diamond City; I like his color commentary about places and he's melee/revolver.
Macready is in GoodNeighbour. He's a sniper, but for an entertaining hour or so he really got into a minigun he found.
Strong is a supermutant; You'll need to do Trinity tower for that, but you should pick up Rex's broadcasts closer to the place.
Dogmeat - I have no idea where he went.
Piper - Diamond City, but I've not really availed myself of her services.
Curie - Not met her yet, same for Caitlyn. or Hancock - Goodneighbor again.

I don't really mod the first time around, so I have this deep and abiding hatred of the inventory systems in Skyrim and Fallout. Fallout 4 manages to also completely gently caress up the 'back out' keys during settlement building and crafting, so you end up attempting to quit the game more often than not. Also, remove the fusion cores from your armor when you get out, lest it be nicked by an NPC, and be aware that it'll auto-insert a new one each time.

Seriously, the fun in this game for me is rounding a corner in the pouring rain, getting a spike of rads from lightning and seeing a loving Deathclaw turn and spot me. Time to jet to the eyeballs and get the shotty out.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
in other funny game lawsuits, bluehole (of pubg fame) just sued epic (of unreal/fortnite fame) in korea, because they infringed on their copyright of "having a battle royale mode in the game"

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I'm only following this very sporadically after getting out years ago. But how much money could Croberts&cronies realistically take away in CEO wages, without risking any enrichment accusations in a possible lawsuit ??

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AlbieQuirky posted:

I like the "quantities" on the ship sale. My dudes, they are jpgs. You're not going to run out.

Quantity is for initial balance-per-ship and ship-type comparative to active backer accounts with packages.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ulio posted:

Somethingsomething Derek Smart always wins at the end.

It is kind of a give me though. Eventually it's going to fall apart and eventually one of his comments will be right. The big issue though is that there isn't a bullet to kill it off yet. It's just death by a million paper cuts.

On top of that, the very premise of "The Matrix online except it's a whole galaxy that has all the best of every game done except better than those games" is not exactly something that's going to happen.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

I'm only following this very sporadically after getting out years ago. But how much money could Croberts&cronies realistically take away in CEO wages, without risking any enrichment accusations in a possible lawsuit ??

I'd say as long as they stay under $1 million a year they'd probably be ok.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Nicholas posted:

bethesda ruined fallout. its just a poo poo rpg with their poo poo writing in their poo poo engine. all the iconic aspects of fallout come directly from the originals. but what sucks the most is they've turned it into a gigantic franchise.

1st person camera ruined the Fallout series for me. There's something about it that doesn't mesh well with RPGs, imo. Bard's Tale worked as 1st person, Ultima Underworld didn't, and I can't remember any game since that did. Cyberpunk 2077 being allegedly being first-person is also making me feel rather B'Tak about it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ManofManyAliases posted:

Quantity is for initial balance-per-ship and ship-type comparative to active backer accounts with packages.

Its a concept ship, it isn't even balanced to begin with and you think some artificial limit will really have some effect? How dumb are you?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The Titanic is having an extended cruise, or so I have heard.

Don't believe everything you happen to hear. Rumors and all that.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

MarcusSA posted:

I'd say as long as they stay under $1 million a year they'd probably be ok.

So the longer he drags it out the more profit, as long as he does not get too greedy. And in another 5-10 years (if the money keeps rolling in) he can say:"Well, we tried....but goons/Derek/evil publishers, didn't let us....". Maybe release the necessary server code so that the most desperate of his followers can host their own garbage network and then walk away with several millions in his bank account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

That makes zero sense considering the balance is skewed from the get go

You have some people whom cant buy a ship becuase its 'sold out' so they're already at a disadvantage

Then you have Clifford with 10 of them , so if he loses one he can hop right back in with another

Besides balance is the last thing they should be looking at. Gameplay and features being first of course

But we all know the excuses are bullshit and the true answer is artificially limited items sell better because broke brains are easily convinced